Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) - Food (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) (59952 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / The Squirrel We Hunted In My Hometown In Eastern Region (Ghana) / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by PumpumPrince: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
neoG:
OP enjoy. This is really a key reminder that time flies and Nigeria my country reversed backwards instead of forward like other countries. If I see I will eat. I miss am.

how much?

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by sayo147(f): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
Namzy:

Actually the reverse is the case here, as this is actually a delicacy for the well informed smiley

You dey mind them .
Back in the 80s, weren't meat like seafood , snail and offals termed poor man's food? Time will change all their minds �
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by poshestmina(f): 6:32am On Feb 29
Robosky02 ,I don't have access to my PM anymore. Is there a problem? You Can quote me here and drop your message.
Good morning.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:31am On Mar 08
Please can I buy this through you? I’ve really missed it and I don’t know where to buy since we are just entering rainy season.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:33am On Mar 08
Okarakwu:
Can I eat ? Aku? I always send money to my people to waybill it for me every year ...I love it die

Please can I buy this through you? I’ve really missed it and I don’t know where to buy since we are just entering rainy season.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:38am On Mar 08
ogbuefi677:

It's in supermarkets in Abuja and not cheap.

How can I get this down to Lagos please?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:40am On Mar 08
Kasdat5:

You definatly don't know what you talking about , find out how much a mudu is now , almost #5000 , a peak milk tin is #500 in Nasarawa state presently ..

How can you help me get it down to Lagos please?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:45am On Mar 08
Midas01:
They actually sell them in the market now . Saw it and was wtf

People can eat anything sha.

Please in which market did you see it and can it still be bought during this period? Thanks
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:52am On Mar 08
Slurity:
You surely don't know how much it cost, a tin of peak milk is 750 here in Enugu

Is it available at this time and Is there a way I can get it down to Lagos?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 12:54am On Mar 08
Adisa89:
I see some people replying kids born in the 2000s for criticizing this delicacy. Please don't blame them. Rather forgive them, for they do not know what they're saying.

Lest you don't know, you can find this find this in some supermarkets; it's more nutritious and expensive than your crayfish. grin

I’ve looked all around for it but couldn’t find it anywhere in Lagos to buy. Which supermarkets can I check please?
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 1:00am On Mar 08
kkins25:
I've never made the observation. My God!!! One could breed this things and sell.. To be honest, I've never seen any one selling it before too nd I stayed up north. Goddamn...

The stigma though, I've seen folks sell grasshoppers but not sure the market moves at all.

I'd put it at the back of my mind...I've thought of cockroaches, but I can't stand the stench!! lol.

Please I’ll like to patronize you once you start selling them. Even now I can’t find them to buy anywhere.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by kdgbengs: 1:08am On Mar 08
Pacyrus:
Baba can you kindly waybill these things to me?

NB: This delicacy is the most nutritious and proteinous meat so far. We did enjoy it, way back in the 90s as youngsters grin

I’ll like you to waybill them to me too if they’re available at the moment since we’re entering the rainy season already. Thanks
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kasdat5(m): 1:56am On Mar 08
kdgbengs:

How can you help me get it down to Lagos please?

Until it starts raining here + inflation has changed things . Bringing it to Lagos is no probs .
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Okarakwu: 8:05pm On Mar 17
Not the season yet, around June
kdgbengs:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners / Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo) / See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.