Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,556 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) (60049 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / The Squirrel We Hunted In My Hometown In Eastern Region (Ghana) / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by mechanics(m): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
A good substitute for protein.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Munzy14(m): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Mindlog:

It is not sapa induced, it is not even cheap in local markets where it is sold
You dey mind that Noodles generation shouting SAPA.. grin

It's 200naira for a small tin tomato cup..

Highly proteinous than fish sef.. smiley
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by peacettw: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2022
Definitely. My kids enjoy trapping and frying them the next day with a little bit of salt. The insects have a nutty taste which is quite delicious
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Treasure17(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
Delicious meal back then if well fried. But I feared those eating it raw. The perfect way to hunt these creatures is through broom, lantern and a bowl of water.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Good lord.

Eating these things isn't that far off eating cockroaches and other brown, well defined creepers.
They may all be insects but they are not all in the same family. I mean what you are insinuating but the above that Honey from bees amounts to same thing as cockroach poo. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by GoodIsGod: 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

May God save us all from poverty...

lipsrsealed

grin

It is not always Sapa o.
I went to see a billionaire that I know you must know too. He commissions me for jobs. I entered his office when it was my turn and met him eating Kulikuli. I bone like say I no see anything. Na I'm come joke with me say "Se é tí rií Olowo to nje Kulikuli ri?" ( You don see a wealthy man eating Kulikuli before?) I just smile and went straight to business.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by airsaylongcome: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Lol. Maggots.

The maggots are much better than these insects that are already looking cockroach like.

Lol! There's a locust invasion unfolding up north. I am expecting to see pictures of those being caught and cooked
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by dotmhan(m): 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.

Poverty no go good o. Chaii!
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by ozegidon(m): 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
na lie oooo, we no dey use am play for my side..the poor the use am collect money from the the rich..
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by apiski(m): 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

Stop attributing everything to poverty. Did he tell you that he eats those for a living? Or are you richer than those who eat worms, beetles, maggots, spiders etc? Stop condemning what people eat. As long as it doesn't kill them or infect them, then you are not better than them. I have reasons to believe that some of the things you've eating in your life are quite disgusting to others. It doesn't necessarilly have to be termite, ok? Let's stop this online pretence
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Mindlog: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
Munzy14:

You dey mind that Noodles generation shouting SAPA.. grin

It's 200naira for a small tin tomato cup..

Highly proteinous than fish sef.. smiley

I even see a small pack of it whey no even reach the small tin tomato cup in a Nigerian shop in London, going for £4.20.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by apiski(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
If you can eat this then you can eat cockroaches.
Stop pretending and go for it. We nor judge you.
Cockroaches eat faeces; termites don't. That's the difference.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by EmekaBlue(m): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
JonJozzy:

T
Yes ooo. In the north, we call it chinge.

At home, we put on the florescent light which attracts the chinge. You then position a big bowl of water below the light to trap them
Next day in School, women prepare and bring it to school and students buy during break.
Gbam
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Munzy14(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Mindlog:

I even see a small pack of it whey no even reach the small tin tomato cup in a Nigerian shop in London, going for £4.20.
Local stuffs are going extinct..

Things we do see any how wayback are no longer there
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by JoshB92: 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Nothing like sapa induced diet
Na choice
If u no sabi eat am rest abeg
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by PointB: 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
Frying time

Why fry it with the wings?

Normally you'd remove the wings and press the abdomen out before frying. It's tastes better when crunchy,
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by McStoic(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

Indomie generation spotted! How I wish you understand the socionutrient impact of that delicacy grin. What you don't know is more than you...
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2022
I don't think so
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by MDK777: 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
eating of flying termite is not an indication of poverty because the well grown flying termite is edible for consumption and very delicate and at the same time nutritious
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Silentgroper(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Danmboss:

I remember when I was still, a little lad in the village anytime I eat this thing my body will be covered with some really scrathy racthes, same thing happens if I eat edibles Margot.
d fuq.. D fuq are edible margots??
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by ike007(m): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
jetwonder:
grin chai! See chop chop!! Use it sip garri na perfect combination

E sweet eh...be like fish

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Silentgroper(m): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2022
gimme 1m. I still no go chop dz thing.. Ordinary snail makes me nauseous nd vomit..
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Silentgroper(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
Angelfrost:

That was your mind playing tricks on you... Your stomach reacted to that mental indecision! grin
how would u explain mine with snail. To think i was even ethusiastic abt eating it. I still vomited my guts out.. Happened twice, fyi.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Angelfrost(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
Silentgroper:
how would u explain mine with snail. To think i was even ethusiastic abt eating it. I still vomited my guts out.. Happened twice, fyi.

I will go with the same theory... Reason I will never touch Pork or anything associated with pigs.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by belcom10(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
Very nice and taste good.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Wwwq: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Yea
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Pacyrus(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Says who? This delicacy is the most nutritious and proteinous meat so far. We did enjoy it, way back in the 90s. grin
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Pacyrus(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
Baba can you kindly waybill these things to me?

NB: This delicacy is the most nutritious and proteinous meat so far. We did enjoy it, way back in the 90s as youngsters grin
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by whirlwind7(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

Wrong!!
This is one delicacy my great grand parents introduced me to while as a kid.
Sweetness!
If you think it is poor man's food, go and check how much it is sold.
Last time I bought it was while passing thru Onitsha. A cup (small tinned milk) was sold for ₦200. This was around 2002 to 2004. Scared to think how much it costs now.

Not a crazy meal when you remember that some people (Chinese) eat cockroaches
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by sekem: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.

Highly nutritious something.

We dey hunt am well well as the thing gather well well around those yellow bulbs and flourescent lamps.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Morningstarrr(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2022
People dey chop things oo…. Chinge , cockroach, housefly and the rest. Later they’ll say Na only Chinese dey chop rubbish.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by nickyj19: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
this reminds me of my late DAD RIP BABA embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ovens For Sale / See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / Mystery Cows: Kogi Bans Beef Consumption In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.