Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) (60029 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / The Squirrel We Hunted In My Hometown In Eastern Region (Ghana) / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:49am On Jul 07, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
If you can eat this then you can eat cockroaches.
Stop pretending and go for it. We nor judge you.

So if you eat Ram it is the same as eating Pig,since all are red meat?
Oga it is like eating Grasshoppers or cricket.

Cocroahes are found mostly in latrines.
FYI...me personally doesn't eat Goat,beacause the skin smells.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by VeryWickedMan: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2022
Cokahot:
I became rich in 2016 till date bro. Not when I was still young and broke.rituals na for dumbos

Are you calling me dumb?

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Dscop: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2022
To each his own...

Not in a million years grin

4 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Truetalk3139: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2022
I saw people eating this thing and decided to try it out. I purged for 3 weeks with chronic stomach pain

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by akevic: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2022
Taste very good
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by goldfish27(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2022
You no even sabi fry am self. u suppose remove the feathers first b4 frying. to remove the feathers just wash am with salt then dry on the sun and watch how the feathers go remove by itself.

9 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Judolisco(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2022
Sabinus... Very rich in protein
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Cokahot: 11:51am On Jul 07, 2022
If uve ever done ogume,then u r.
VeryWickedMan:

Are you calling me dumb?

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by MartinsD12(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
If you can eat this then you can eat cockroaches.
Stop pretending and go for it. We nor judge you.
Nothing concern cockroach for termites I guess you have not been to village before otherwise you should be familiar with this

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2022
litigator:
Even you? Thought you are a city. Bereton boy?
I grew up in Ikorodu town itself where we ate these during the rainy seasons. It was so delicious. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by OnyeFely: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2022
Very tasty, I remember those days wen we were young, my dad will on our generator very early in the morning so could catch them. Light attract them, and the whole village will come out house to catch them. AKU EBE, we call it in my part of Mbaise, Omukwu, Onicha.

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by shantti(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2022
If enjoy eating it in small quantities, if I exceed a certain amount, I will start to feel nauseated

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kobojunkie: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2022
spartachico:
It’s hard to sell in the market because catching them is difficult and they mostly come out during the raining season
If say na Oyinbo, dem go don figure out ways to farm these termites, harvest and sell them all year round self. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by MartinsD12(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

May God save us all from poverty...

lipsrsealed
Indomie generation, nothing like poverty here, Chinese men I once worked for eat cockroaches and lizards , this termites it's very nutritional I guess you a kid though
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Siggysaga: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2022
Danmboss:
Am allergic to this thing
D day I ate dat thing I nearly vomitted.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Johel(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
Come join me

You are not a human but an animal....Eew...food don finish for Naija??
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Lexusgs430: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2022
I can actually taste it now ......... Has a weird taste ........ cheesy

Very weird delicious tasting snack ......... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by shantti(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2022
I will try to catch this thing next time, dry it, mechanically ground it to powder and use it as spices. I will like to see as it will turn out with ofe egwushi and ofe ogbono

5 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by aieromon(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2022
I learnt how to eat this in the boarding house.

We would catch them and clean with water. After that, we would fry in butter on a stainless steel plate using a lantern burner (head and globe removed).

Eating this with soaked garri was heavenly.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Djyucee1(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2022
Please send some to me
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by shantti(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If say na Oyinbo, dem go don figure out ways to farm these termites, harvest and sell them all year round self. undecided

Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by nesphil(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2022
This is called 'Ndube' in my dialect, it's very nutritious and delicious.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Sniper101(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2022
Kai
see wetin poverty dey cause sad
e no go better for Buhari and APC

If to say country good, everywhere nice and Sapa no be bros OP friend, shey bros OP for dey Chicken Republic now dey eat chicken wings, instead of to dey him backyard dey catch, fry and eat insects angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by fergie001: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2022
Akumbe......sweet die.

As biys, we used to be on hunting spree during raining seasons. Soak a big bowl with water and do the needful. grin

E be like say adulthood na scam oooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Okarakwu: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2022
Can I eat ? Aku? I always send money to my people to waybill it for me every year ...I love it die

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by TheSociopath(m): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

It's not poverty. It's a nice dessert or even meal if taken with garri

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by MartinsD12(m): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.
If you are a nairalander here and you have not tasted this it means you are still a kid though aka indomie and vuji bobo generation, in village this is a very good appetizer you fry it with salt and pepper and enjoy it

4 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Kog45(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Esun Esun wey my millionaires friends ate last week with exotic wine....Oga na fun eating this thing then in the neighborhood...kai I come remember how Vero a calabar girl dey do this EsunEsun with onion,tomato and pepper.....Oga go taste it.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
The way some of u in nairaland reason is very disgusting. What has enjoying what one feels like enjoying got to do with being broke? Are the Chinese pple that eat spider nd coackroaches also broke? Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by IgbalodeRaymond: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
very delicious
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Topmaike007(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
100% Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / Mystery Cows: Kogi Bans Beef Consumption In Lokoja / See The Dinner I Prepared From My Garden Without Spending Kobo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.