Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) (59980 Views)

The Jollof And Fried Rice With Moi-Moi I Bought ₦4100. / The Squirrel We Hunted In My Hometown In Eastern Region (Ghana) / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Worldlegend(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
tongue
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by EmekaBlue(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Shinge

6 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Thanos5555: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
cool
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Cokahot: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Last time I ate one was in 1999,and after like 2 hrs,it irritated my stomach and I vomited

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Sijo01(f): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Yes o
Very delicious kiss
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.

This na correct balance diet. Walahi! This thing over make sense. Just that shame nor dey gree person hunt am again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by goldenchild03: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Yes! It too dey sweet grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Stanfeelings: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

May God save us all from poverty...

lipsrsealed

NO D TALK RUBBISH. I EAT THIS, I LIKE IT. NOTHING LIKE SAPA.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Moneyboyz: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Delicious, only comes out once a year over here. Mostly after the first rain of the year.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Emmanuelcann: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Of course. Highly proteinous!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Totilopussylick(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Channah1:
Cockroach!

Indomie generation

What do you know tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Sarsaproko: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2022
Esunsun..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Angelfrost(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

What are you talking about please?!?

That's a delicacy that has existed even before colonization!

You guys will just jump into threads making funny and weird comments without simple research. Na wa o! tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by MagicBishop: 11:45am On Jul 07, 2022
You will eatz ze bugz

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by harmony75: 11:45am On Jul 07, 2022
Very nice �
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I miss this snack abeg! I still remember the taste too, from way back in the 80s. Dem suppose dey sell these things for market by now. undecided

Even you? Thought you are a city. Bereton boy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Angelfrost(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Cokahot:
Last time I ate one was in 1999,and after like 2 hrs,it irritated my stomach and I vomited

That was your mind playing tricks on you... Your stomach reacted to that mental indecision! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Used to eat this as a child. Been a while.

Healthy too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by treesun: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
I miss eating this flying termites, gone are those days in the late 90s, we are all hunters in the area (Trenches) when it come to this flying termites called Esunsun or Iba as called by we Yorubas, Igbos call it Aku, this termites is said to be very nutritious, so rich in protein.
My childhood experience is incomplete without talking about hunting of Esunsun, snails and fruits, so funny unforgettable experience.
This insect comes out at night following light, sometimes in the early morning when it's still dark.
Esunsun are actually termites that fly, very proteinous and nutritious. Known as Macrotermes bellicosus scientifically.
I won't say much about the peptides and all other biochemical and microbiological information about this insect.

Yes very delicious, come to Ikorodu Oga!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Sardauna24(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed
Amen
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by abobote: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Very sweet and nutritious
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by VeryWickedMan: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Cokahot:

Shows that you cannot succeed in money rituals

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Angelfrost(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Stanfeelings:

NO D TALK RUBBISH. I EAT THIS, I LIKE IT. NOTHING LIKE SAPA.

Leave that small pikin make he dey misyarn! grin

3 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Le2money(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2022
This has nothing to do with poverty .....that thing is rich in protein and I can take a whole bowl of it Cox it's very sweet....does that mean I'm broke even when I make at least £450 weekly ?

TheStakeHolder:
Sapa induced diet.

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Sardauna24(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2022
Harlarbiz01:
Poverty....
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by humberjade: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2022
Brings back memories

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Iliveforever(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2022
You dey mind am, something that has rich protein

Namzy:

Actually the reverse is the case here, as this is actually a delicacy for the well informed smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Cokahot: 11:48am On Jul 07, 2022
I became rich in 2016 till date bro. Not when I was still young and broke.rituals na for dumbos
VeryWickedMan:

Shows that you cannot succeed in money rituals

1 Like

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by meobizy(f): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2022
See the human beings I share this forum with. Make God no shame us for this life.
Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Fucklove(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2022
I love hunting this wonderful creature back then. Whenever it rains, they'll be out in the night seeking for light cool

2 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by Taliya: 11:49am On Jul 07, 2022
I love the taste and aroma, it's called shinge in the north

9 Likes

Re: Can You Eat This? A Nairalander Hunted And Fried Flying Termites (photo) by spartachico(m): 11:49am On Jul 07, 2022
It’s hard to sell in the market because catching them is difficult and they mostly come out during the raining season

Kobojunkie:
I miss this snack abeg! I still remember the taste too, from way back in the 80s. Dem suppose dey sell these things for market by now. undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Buys Frozen Meat That Was Produced 15th Of March (Photo) / See Rice Dishes From Other Countries. (pictures) / What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.