Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,222 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:40 PM

You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? (398 Views)

What A Christian Saw On Hospital Bed Of Rich Atheist Friend Dying Of Lung Cancer / ❤️❤️ There Is No Real Atheist Because / True Jesus Disciple Turned Atheist?Once A Jesus Disciple,Always A Jesus Disciple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money?

https://www.nairaland.com/7201528/why-did-atheist

This must be the biggest joke i've heard in recent years.

Really? I mean, I've heard several ridiculous reasons people turned atheists since I joined this forum but no one beats this.

If you actually paid money in a bid to buy supernatural encounters from God, then you should know you've entered "one chance".

This one na the real "mugu" don pay "maga" to thieves dressed in sheep clothing.

How many people have you seen paying money in the bible to buy supernatural experiences?

The only place I saw someone trying to pay for that was on this occasion but see how it went:

Acts 8:18-24 (KJV)

And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

So you can see for yourself how Peter, a true servant of God, responded when such an idea came up to show how foolish it was.

Peter himself who had the power didn't have enough money to pay tax for himself, so he couldn't have been able to purchase it, if it could be bought with money.

He got supernatural experiences and power to do signs and wonders, the same way anyone else got it from God, which is according to this saying of Jesus:

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Therefore it's not something you get by paying money but by believing in Jesus, in other words, doing what Jesus says. So whoever you paid money to, go and quickly take back your money from the person before he eats it because you've been scammed!

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
The only Dumbos I know are persons that believe in folktales and the existence of an imaginary creature..m grin

1 Like

Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Blaqroman0000: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
The only Dumbos I know are persons that believe in folktales and the existence of an imaginary creature..m grin
funny enough you don't seem to exist... grin

2 Likes

Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
Blaqroman0000:
funny enough my god don't seem to exist... grin
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Snitch24(m): 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
Blaqroman0000:
funny enough you don't seem to exist... grin
Na over sabi they worry you
What I've been able to understand is that
The theory of religion is based on fraud and metal slavery
Out of over a thousand of religion out there
Everyone believes theirs is the only way
Lmao
Tell me what I don't know pls
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Blaqroman0000: 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Snitch24:

Na over sabi they worry you
What I've been able to understand is that
The theory of religion is based on fraud and metal slavery
Out of over a thousand of religion out there
Everyone believes theirs is the only way
Lmao
Tell me what I don't know pls
you're still a lost soul looking for heaven to split into two before you believe there is a god

1 Like

Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by triple996(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
This thread go de interesting die
Make I book space fess..
So fenendez na athiest
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Snitch24(m): 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
Blaqroman0000:
you're still a lost soul looking for heaven to split into two before you believe there is a god
Mind you I believe there's God
Sadly all the account and narration about him is what I don't believe
There's so much contradiction
Have you ever wonder what happened to the innocent soul dying daily in Ukraine
Imagine the slave trade erra
People treated like animals
All these are your God's plans ?
We all against the devil right?
But it's written that there's still some communication between them has to how a believer should be tested
That's bullshit to me
Many religions indirectly discribe him as a wicked being ignorantly

Because having the power to end all these suffering but choose to ignore for a purpose of setting up a particular place for a certain people
Start thinking bro
Are we really equal in his presence
Do we enjoy the same benefits
Or can we even all enjoy the same benefits?
Some people will always be favoured than others
And it makes me questioned the purpose of life

To live and die?
Money is the root of all evil
Really?
In the world we live today
Money is Life
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Maynman: 12:14am On Jul 01, 2022
Dumb monolatrist, you don’t even know what “aTHIEST” mean
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Jul 01, 2022
Snitch24:
1. Mind you I believe there's God Sadly all the account and narration about him is what I don't believe. There's so much contradiction. undecided

2. Have you ever wonder what happened to the innocent soul dying daily in Ukraine.
Imagine the slave trade erra
People treated like animals
All these are your God's plan[/b]s ?

3. We all against the devil right? But it's written that there's still some communication between them has to how a believer should be tested. That's bullshit to me. Many religions indirectly discribe him as a wicked being ignorantly

4. [b]Because having the power to end all these suffering but choose to ignore for a purpose of setting up a particular place for a certain people.

5. Start thinking bro. Are we really equal in his presence. Do we enjoy the same benefits. Or can we even all enjoy the same benefits? Some people will always be favoured than others And it makes me questioned the purpose of life.
1. Interesting claim. So what religion in particular did you find both interesting yet full of contradictions. undecided

2. Sadly, death is a guarantee in this life with suffering also assured us as a part of existence itself. But what God's plan is it all meant to be again? undecided

3. Against the devil? You do realize that there are over 4000 different religions meaning potentially 4000 different deities to contend with. So, it would benefit your readers if you are a tad specific when you make the claims of yours, even regarding the devil since each has their own idea of who fits that bill as well. undecided

You come off confused when you try to lop them all together as if one and the same when they are infact not. undecided

4. Why should Krishna end your sufferings?, undecided

5. Be specific so you don't come off seeming like one who is just a rambler abeg! undecided
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Snitch24(m): 3:43am On Jul 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting claim. So what religion in particular did you find both interesting yet full of contradictions. undecided

2. Sadly, death is a guarantee in this life with suffering also assured us as a part of existence itself. But what God's plan is it all meant to be again? undecided

3. Against the devil? You do realize that there are over 4000 different religions meaning potentially 4000 different deities to contend with. So, it would benefit your readers if you are a tad specific when you make the claims of yours, even regarding the devil since each has their own idea of who fits that bill as well. undecided

You come off confused when you try to lop them all together as if one and the same when they are infact not. undecided

4. Why should Krishna end your sufferings?, undecided

5. Be specific so you don't come off seeming like one who is just a rambler abeg! undecided
Ok it's simple
I don't believe a certain religion is the way
I was made to believe Jesus died for my sin evene before my existence but I'm still a sinner right
So for what purpose is the death
Most christian use the the "we can't question God"
I'm more particular about Christianity because of my knowledge about it
I'm open for further clearification
As to being confused
You're very correct
Because I don't believe I have to go to church to worship a God that's accessible everywhere any day any time
Again I insist the concept of religion is based on fraud and metal slavery
Reason why these preachers lay more emphasis on tithe and offering
They just want their own share of your money it's simple
I believe the world will be at Peace if we can all love our neighbor as ourselves
And you just said the suffering is part of life
But our God is merciful are we really here to suffer?
You seems to be more confused bro
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Snitch24(m): 3:48am On Jul 01, 2022
Blaqroman0000:
Very daft minded
Love your neighborh as your self
You don't need to pay tithes
Or do oversabi to your pastors to make heaven
Heaven is not as it's portrayed
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Jul 01, 2022
Snitch24:
1. Ok it's simple. I don't believe a certain religion is the way
I was made to believe Jesus died for my sin evene before my existence but I'm still a sinner right. So for what purpose is the death

2. Most christian use the the "we can't question God"
I'm more particular about Christianity because of my knowledge about it.

3. I'm open for further clearification.As to being confused. You're very correct. Because I don't believe I have to go to church to worship a God that's accessible everywhere any day any time.

4. Again I insist the concept of religion is based on fraud and metal slavery. Reason why these preachers lay more emphasis on tithe and offering. They just want their own share of your money it's simple.

5. I believe the world will be at Peace if we can all love our neighbor as ourselves

6. And you just said the suffering is part of life
But our God is merciful are we really here to suffer?
You seems to be more confused bro
1. So you never actually picked up the book to learn the facts of the religion for yourself. Instead, you fed from the mouths of those equally ignorant of the details of the belief, and then came out from concluding from the exercise that the belief itself contained contradictions? undecided

Telling me I am wrong abeg! undecided

2. What knowledge do you pretend to have of a belief you seem utterly clueless of? The book is full of stories of individuals who questioned God and were rewarded for it, so what in the world do you mean by your claim in bold? undecided

3. Jesus Christ is the Christ in Christianity. Let's start from there. Did Jesus Christ state anywhere in His Gospel message to you - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John - that you must attend a church somewhere in order to worship Him? He never did that so why are you bothered about what is a non-issue as far as the Gospel of Jesus Christ is concerned? undecided

4. Jesus Christ is the Christ in Christianity. Did Jesus Christ state anywhere in His Gospel message to you - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John - that you must listen to pastors and mogs, or give money to their kingdoms here on earth in order to serve God? undecided

The answer is ofcourse no, so why make a fuzz out if a non-issue as far as the Gospel of Jesus Christ is concerned? undecided

5. That will never happen so long as you are dealing why humans beings.. undecided

6. Man rejected God's plan, choosing instead suffering and death, over living serving God since the time of Adam and Eve. Existence as you were born into it so is a result of man's choosing. Read the book for yourself so you are less confused about these things.undecided
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Blaqroman0000:
hmm...
Re: You Turned Atheist Because You Couldn't Buy Supernatural Encounters With Money? by Maynman: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2022
Illiterate doesn’t know what “atheist” is, hope you know that Yahweh worshippers, baal worshippers, Allah worshippers, Sango and ogun worshippers are ALL called THIEST.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Mormonism, A.K. A Latter Day Saints; Flee / Judged And Condemned. / The Life Of A Prophet Is Full Of Pain And Suffering And Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.