Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today (7732 Views)

Loved Up Photo Between Peter Obi And His Wife at Ibadan Today / Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves / Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
#SPEAKS VOLUME.
"THE ANCIENT CITY"

©IBADAN

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
When most of this buildings were made, some others ancestors were still living in mud houses and thatchs.

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by XerXers: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
AfonjaFula:
When most of this buildings were made, some others ancestors were still living in mud houses and thatchs.
1 Onitsha in the 60s
2 Onitsha today
No excuse for poverty

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by slickbak(m): 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
The only difference is the monochrome and colour copies of the picture.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
slickbak:
The only difference is the monochrome and colour copies of the picture.
grin grin
Easy comrade, easy

38 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Urheadmaster(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2022
I heard Ibadan was once the Nigeria federal capital city of miners undecided.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:
I heard Ibadan was once the Nigeria federal capital shocked

Mining I thought cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
Do you have any multimillion site building in Onitsha or Aba -aerial view.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
XerXers:

1 Onitsha in the 60s
2 Onitsha today
No excuse for poverty

Wow.
I wish I was Igbo. Igbo Amaka indeed.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
XerXers:

1 Onitsha in the 60s
2 Onitsha today
No excuse for poverty

But the pictures disprove.
How true is the saying that many of your ancestors still lived in mud houses, when Ibadan was developed.
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by XerXers: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
AfonjaFula:
Do you have any multimillion site building in Onitsha or Aba -aerial view.
Brown roof everywhere apart from few government building. This is Onitsha

11 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by XerXers: 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
AfonjaFula:

But the pictures disprove.
How true is the saying that many of your ancestors still lived in mud houses, when Ibadan was developed.
Afonja consolation for poverty in their land

12 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
XerXers:

Brown roof everywhere apart from few government building. This is Onitsha

I prefer the first photo (so beautiful).
I hate seeing Nigerian roads, they're disgusting and spoils the entire beauty

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 11:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
XerXers:

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by XerXers: 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2022
AfonjaFula:

Wow.
I wish I was Igbo. Igbo Amaka indeed.
Yes igbo Amaka welcome to Aba

12 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Stallionhorse: 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
No wonder their people are so full of hate, jealousy, and envy.. Just take a look? Thats why you can fuccck an Ibadan girl by just buying her popcorn and Pepsi

30 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Blakjewelry(m): 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
Stallionhorse:
No wonder their people are so full of hate, jealousy, and envy.. Just take a look? Thats why you can fuccck an Ibadan girl by just buying her popcorn and Pepsi
una no dey tire for this una tribalism?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Transcriber: 12:08am On Jul 01, 2022
There are more flat heads in Ibadan than there are Yoruba in potopoto land

Case closed cheesy

Next...

371 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by pxpimus: 1:25am On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:

1 Onitsha in the 60s
2 Onitsha today
No excuse for poverty
The only certified criminal state in Nigeria without sober reflection.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Smithkafors(m): 2:08am On Jul 01, 2022
Una mumu na legendary
Transcriber:
There are more flat heads in Ibadan than there are Yoruba in potopoto land

Case closed cheesy

Next...

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Quintopia: 2:21am On Jul 01, 2022
Onitsha needs some skyscrapers.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Quintopia:
Onitsha needs some skyscrapers.

True. Only the way effect won't let that
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by adedayoa2(f): 5:31am On Jul 01, 2022
I visited Ibadan 2 months ago, and I can tell you Ibadan is no longer that your pictures.

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Oshodipikin: 5:36am On Jul 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Chaos14: 5:57am On Jul 01, 2022
Stallionhorse:
What about that igbo girl i bleeped with indomie and one egg they are all the same

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by techWriter3: 6:11am On Jul 01, 2022
There not more flat chairs in Ibadan than there not Nigeriansns in potopoto landCase open Next
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by adioolayi(m): 6:15am On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:

So, why did your ancestors left their abode and seek refuge at Ibadan till date

The basic reason people migrate is because of hunger, famine, extreme poverty and the likes...and they seek greener pastures so as not to die of hunger.....Now you understand why your ancestors had to come to Ibadan...till date, your generations are still at Ibadan..many have even forgotten their route back home grin grin grin.

I am not hating, I am from Ibadan... I am just telling you why you should appreciate your ancestral benefactors...Be grateful!

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,
Ibadan to gba on'ile , to gba alejo

Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Idaytesj29(m): 6:19am On Jul 01, 2022
adedayoa2:
I visited Ibadan 2 months ago, and I can tell you Ibadan is no longer that your pictures.

You dey mind the retards? Leave them to continue to wallow in their retrogressive tribal hatred. Ibadan is never their mate, hence the constant blackmails.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by kettykin: 6:20am On Jul 01, 2022
Please leave this thread till after election so that you will not kill the moral of South West obidient people

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Idaytesj29(m): 6:20am On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

So, why did your ancestors left their abode and seek refuge at Ibadan till date

The basic reason people migrate is because of hunger, famine, extreme poverty and the likes...and they seek greener pastures so as not to die of hunger.....Now you understand why your ancestors had to come to Ibadan...till date, your generations are still at Ibadan..many have even forgotten their route back home grin grin grin.

I am not hating, I am from Ibadan... I am just telling you why you should appreciate your ancestral benefactors...Be grateful!

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,
Ibadan to gba on'ile , to gba alejo

Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o

Amen
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by tamdun: 6:38am On Jul 01, 2022
Yet ur people won't stop trooping to South west, haven't you guys any shame?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by franchasofficia: 6:42am On Jul 01, 2022
Ibadan, one of the great ancient cities in Nigeria.

Ibadan
Kano
Benin
Onitsha
Zaria
Warri
Ife
Calabar
Enugu
Aba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Psquare's Mom Burial In Anambra State / Please I Need A Human Rights Lawyers For My Dad Case / Biafra Pre-wedding Photo You Will Cry PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.