Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today (7758 Views)

Loved Up Photo Between Peter Obi And His Wife at Ibadan Today / Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves / Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by SWATMan: 7:02am On Jul 01, 2022
Blakjewelry:
una no dey tire for this una tribalism?

I tire o!
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Lifestone(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2022
Urheadmaster:
I heard Ibadan was once the Nigeria federal capital city of miners undecided.
While Enugu took the Capital city of Harvesters

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 7:45am On Jul 01, 2022
Lifestone:

While Enugu took the Capital city of Harvesters

I cry 4 Awolowo
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by kingjiss: 8:37am On Jul 01, 2022
AfonjaFula:
When most of this buildings were made, some others ancestors were still living in mud houses and thatchs.

Porverty is really disturbing you

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Bvmsson(m): 9:42am On Jul 01, 2022
[quote author=adioolayi post=114309519]

So, why did your ancestors left their abode and seek refuge at Ibadan till date

The basic reason people migrate is because of hunger, famine, extreme poverty and the likes...and they seek greener pastures so as not to die of hunger.....Now you understand why your ancestors had to come to Ibadan...till date, your generations are still at Ibadan..many have even forgotten their route back home grin grin grin.

I am not hating, I am from Ibadan... I am just telling you why you should appreciate your ancestral benefactors...Be grateful!

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,
Ibadan to gba on'
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Eddygourdo(m): 10:14am On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

The basic reason people migrate is because of hunger, famine, extreme poverty and the likes...and they seek greener pastures so as not to die of hunger.....Now you understand why your ancestors had to come to Ibadan...till date, your generations are still at Ibadan..many have even forgotten their route back home grin grin grin.

I am not hating, I am from Ibadan... I am just telling you why you should appreciate your ancestral benefactors...Be grateful!

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,
Ibadan to gba on'ile , to gba alejo

Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o
You have no shame at all
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Lawly: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2022
Stallionhorse:
No wonder their people are so full of hate, jealousy, and envy.. Just take a look? Thats why you can fuccck an Ibadan girl by just buying her popcorn and Pepsi

Jesus!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Lawly: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,

Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o

No you are wrong. The Igbos were in Ibadan to give you guys civilization. Case closed! Next!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by 540niyilolawa: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2022
Brown roof everywhere apart from few government building. This is OnitshaBrown roof everywhere apart from few government building. This is Onitsha...
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by KingMack(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2022
Their zinc has been rusted from day one..the reason you don't notice it is because the old pictures are black and white grin

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Nostring: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2022
Transcriber:
There are more flat heads in Ibadan than there are Yoruba in potopoto land

Case closed cheesy

Next...
na lizards den dey chase to hunt carry go babalawo fr that side na
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Nostring: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2022
Lawly:

No you are wrong. The Igbos were in Ibadan to give you guys civilization. Case closed! Next!!! grin
go back to d East , go dey hunt fr lizards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by totit: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2022
Nostring:
go back to East , go hunt fr lizards

God bless Ibadan, Oyo state.

We need more envious lot to grown.

press9jatv:
Ibadan – Ibadan, the Oyo State capital has been named the second fastest growing city in Africa for the year 2022, according to United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) research

In a post by Business Insider through its official Instagram handle; @businessinsiderssa, Ibadan is rated behind Accra, Ghana and above Lagos, which occupies the third position.

The post, which was captioned— “Top Ten Fastest Growing Cities in Africa”, saw two Nigerian cities occupying key positions.

Some of the key metrics of measure listed by UN-Habitat research are; urbanisation, industrialisation, population and job opportunities.

It added that the growth of these cities can be attributed to population boom and increased economic activities.

According to Brahima Coulibaly, Director of Brookings’ Africa Growth Initiative, “About half of the world’s fastest-growing economies will be located on the continent, with 20 economies expanding at an average rate of 5 per cent or higher over the next five years, faster than the 3.6 per cent rate for the global economy.

“By 2050, Africa’s population is anticipated to reach about 2 billion inhabitants, and more economic activities are taking place, counterbalancing the increasing population.”

The list include the following cities: Accra, Ghana , Ibadan, Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria, Dakar, Senegal, Abidjan, Côte d’voire,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Luanda, Angola,Kinshasa, DRC,
Nairobi, Kenya and
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Meanwhile, some Nigerian Instagram users have reacted to the ratings, praising the Oyo State governor, ‘Seyi Makinde for his quick, impactful and data based policy making. Other users were simply amazed at the list while others refuted it.

https://vitalnewsngr.com/ibadan-is-africas-second-fastest-growing-city-for-2022-un-habitat

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by adioolayi(m): 11:58am On Jul 01, 2022
Eddygourdo:
You have no shame at all
Myself or You and your forefathers...bitting the fingers that fed, cloth, and house them

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by adioolayi(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lawly:

You are trying so hard to change the obvious narratives...

Don't bite the fingers that fed, cloth and house yourself and your forefathers.

It's not so good...don't let us close the doors of opportunities to your unborn generations

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Ritchiee: 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:

1 Onitsha in the 60s
2 Onitsha today
No excuse for poverty

Why then is the SE the most poverty stricken in the South...UNDP?
And why is Ibadan more developed than the entire SE?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Ritchiee: 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lawly:

Igbos that started learning how to wear clothes in 1921 or another Igbo from Jupiter?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Eddygourdo(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

Myself or You and your forefathers...bitting the fingers that fed, cloth, and house them
Fingers that fed, housed and clothed ? Carry out a survey of Ibadan. The Igbos and other tribes are your landlords. Major areas of Lagos, the Igbos and Other tribes are your landlords. Thriving markets in those towns are mainly operated by whom ? better bring that your dull brained head out of your ass and smell the coffee. An uneducated lout like you should not be talking in the public.
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by adioolayi(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
Eddygourdo:
Fingers that fed, housed and clothed ? Carry out a survey of Ibadan. The Igbos and other tribes are your landlords. Major areas of Lagos, the Igbos and Other tribes are your landlords. Thriving markets in those towns are mainly operated by whom ? better bring that your dull brained head out of your ass and smell the coffee. An uneducated lout like you should not be talking in the public.

Omo alé eyan, ni fi owo osi ju'we Ile Baba e.. (It's only a bastard that uses the left hand to describe his father's house)

It's clear your ancestors are vagabond of their own land, hence they seek abode like birds without nest.

You actually don't deserve my reply, because I so much respect the elders of your clan, that toil day and night..and possibly treaking a long distance, just to find a place of rest.

My forefathers, out of human empathy my tribe is well known for, part of which you have stylishly accepted, accommodated your forefathers without restrictions....That hospitality accorded to them back then, till date, are the freedom of expression that you mentioned above...asides these, they were able to relax and procreate in our land, so that they won't go into extinction...some of those ingrates procreated is yourself and your likes that have been trying to bite the fingers that fed your ancestors.

For the respect of those ancestors of yours, that paid huge sacrifice of getting you the future you have now in Yoruba land...I won't respond to you again.

I pray you have a self examination and retrace your steps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
Transcriber:
There are more flat heads in Ibadan than there are Yoruba in potopoto land

Case closed cheesy

Next...
Yes! Because we are on a mission to disinherit half of the state. As you can see, the rate at which we are buying your inheritances is alarming!
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Eddygourdo(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

Omo alé eyan, ni fi owo osi ju'we Ile Baba e.. (It's only a bastard that uses the left hand to describe his father's house)

It's clear your ancestors are vagabond of their own land, hence they seek abode like birds without nest.

You actually don't deserve my reply, because I so much respect the elders of your clan, that toil day and night..and possibly treating a long distance, just to find a place of rest.

My forefathers, out of human empathy my tribe is well known for, part of which you have stylishly accepted, accommodated your forefathers without restrictions....That hospitality accorded to them back then, till date, are the freedom of expression that you mentioned above...asides these, they were able to relax and procreate in our land, so that they won't go into extinction...some of those ingrates procreated is yourself and your likes that have been trying to bite the fingers that fed your ancestors.

For the respect of those ancestors of yours, that paid huge sacrifice of getting you the future you have now in Yoruba land...I won't respond to you again.

I pray you have a self examination and retrace your steps.
Because buffoons' like you don't travel, many like you haven't even seen Benin , talk less or Asaba, that's why you don't know Yoruba people are resident in interior villages in the south east. Igbos came to your land and dominated you. Fulani came to your land and dominated you, other minority tribes came to your land and dominated you, and you aren't ashamed. I have told you that your kind don't talk in public.

Those who didn't know you were a fool before, will now realize you are one. Stop talking. Go inside the house and pray for employment so you can buy some of the lands Igbo people now own in your land back. You shout my land , my land, is it the south west i have travelled every nook and cranny off. Where is the El dorado ? you are a lout, a common nobody, else how will you be proud of shanty towns and unpaved road filled with potholes.

the Igbos and other tribes came to your land and sold food to you, so you stop starving. we established businesses so you will be employed, our businesses paid taxes so that touts like you can be paid 30k BMC salary. We take our wealth back home and build mansions. Many buy up all your lands and make you pay them rent. Yet you assume you are on top. WE FUCKING OWN YOU !!!!!!! Bigotted Fool

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Bentizil: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
Eddygourdo:
Because buffoons' like you don't travel, many like you haven't even seen Benin , talk less or Asaba, that's why you don't know Yoruba people are resident in interior villages in the south east. Igbos came to your land and dominated you. Fulani came to your land and dominated you, other minority tribes came to your land and dominated you, and you aren't ashamed. I have told you that your kind don't talk in public.

Those who didn't know you were a fool before, will now realize you are one. Stop talking. Go inside the house and pray for employment so you can buy some of the lands Igbo people now own in your land back. You shout my land , my land, is it the south west i have travelled every nook and cranny off. Where is the El dorado ? you are a lout, a common nobody, else how will you be proud of shanty towns and unpaved road filled with potholes.

the Igbos and other tribes came to your land and sold food to you, so you stop starving. we established businesses so you will be employed, our businesses paid taxes so that touts like you can be paid 30k BMC salary. We take our wealth back home and build mansions. Many buy up all your lands and make you pay them rent. Yet you assume you are on top. WE FUCKING OWN YOU !!!!!!! Bigotted Fool
This is the type of reply that make me wonder how you guys think...
Did Yoruba not fed, cloth and house your ancestors??
You're even bragging about owning a land that can be taken...
Yoy guys are ingrate, prideful...
Yoruba accepted you when others reject you even your brothers, but all you used in repaying them is everyday abuse and calling their land no man's land yet you troop in there everyday...

One day your cup will be full and I hope you guys won't start crying of cheating and genocide again when we chase you from our land....

Ungrateful lots...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by VandalSavage(m): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Ipigs are at it again grin,thank God say I get una time today
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
AfonjaFula:
When most of this buildings were made, some others ancestors were still living in mud houses and thatchs.

Pictures of Onitsha in the 1950's look better yet it didn't stop Igbos from continually developing it.

Dubai was just a desert wasteland in the 1960's but today it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world. That's progress!!

It's even shameful to be glorifying a city that has remained stagnant over the years. I get am before no be property!!
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by shaggy007(m): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
slickbak:
The only difference is the monochrome and colour copies of the picture.

Increase the vawulence!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by VandalSavage(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2022
Urheadmaster:
I heard Ibadan was once the Nigeria federal capital city of miners undecided.
true

The west is blessed with a lot of gold and other natural resources

While the east sell all their oil to develop other regions while theirs look like a war aftermath
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by VandalSavage(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2022
XerXers:

Afonja consolation for poverty in their land
says a fufu seller grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by VandalSavage(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,

Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o
don't bother lecturing a vagabond slave that doesn't know he's history wink

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by VandalSavage(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2022
adioolayi:

ilu Ogunmola,
Ilu Ojo,

Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o
don't bother lecturing a vagabond slave that doesn't know he's history wink

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by VandalSavage(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2022
kettykin:
Please leave this thread till after election so that you will not kill the moral of South West obidient people
only a foolish Yoruba child would vote a okoro ipig project from the smelly tribe of hate wink

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by AfonjaFula: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Assetinvestor:

Pictures of Onitsha in the 1950's look better yet it didn't stop Igbos from continually developing it.

Dubai was just a desert wasteland in the 1960's but today it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world. That's progress!!

It's even shameful to be glorifying a city that has remained stagnant over the years. I get am before no be property!!

You know unlike Onitsha, it's an ancient and historic city. Thus we don't demolish the beauties . We can do that in Lagos
Re: Photos Of Ibadan In The 1960's Vs Photos Of Ibadan Today by Eddygourdo(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
Bentizil:

This is the type of reply that make me wonder how you guys think...
Did Yoruba not fed, cloth and house your ancestors??
You're even bragging about owning a land that can be taken...
Yoy guys are ingrate, prideful...
Yoruba accepted you when others reject you even your brothers, but all you used in repaying them is everyday abuse and calling their land no man's land yet you troop in there everyday...

One day your cup will be full and I hope you guys won't start crying of cheating and genocide again when we chase you from our land....

Ungrateful lots...
who rejected us. There is no part of this world the Igbo can't be found. We are travellers. We dominate wherever we go. We brought business and prosperity to your dilapidated region. If not for Lagos that was developed by the colonialists. You would have been as backward as the rest of your states are. Mind you I have been to all of them. You didn't feed anybody, you can't feed those better than you. Igbos are traders, to make profit we need new markets. That should explain why we are everywhere on mother earth. If you travel to Mars , you will see an igbo man there. Hustling. We arent lazy like your forefathers who we bought all their lands from. You pay us rent on your own lands. Aren't you ashamed? Let me tell you something. When push comes to shove, the Yoruba are nobody and cannot take land from the igbo where they have bought it. We know you are weaklings and braggards. So stop with the noise making and go and cry. I am not a tribalist. But truth must be spoken so the high handedness of people like you with limited knowledge or wisdom will not be loud. Igbo don't need you. You need igbo to employ you, sell to you, manufacture for you and create economic boom for you. The north accepts this and even with the large number of igbo in the north, they never claim they feed us. Because the are truthful. Now Bleep off you tribal bigot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Summit Participants Are "Fools At 40 Or 70" - El-Rufai / APC's Manifesto - What You Have Been Asking For / APC Leading In Lagos With A Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.