Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,032 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration (12692 Views)

Charles Idahosa: Igbos Don’t Deserve Presidency In 2023, They Will Get VP Slot / Buhari Asks Ministers To Channel Meeting Requests Through Kyari / VP Slot: PDP Goes To South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Islie: 6:46am On Jul 01, 2022
Leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the seven states of the North-West geo-political region are set to lobby the party’s presidential flag bearer, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to consider picking his running mate from the zone.

The leaders took this decision on Thursday in Kaduna after a crucial meeting which has in attendance all the APC governors, gubernatorial candidates in next year’s general elections, ministers and party leaders from the states of the zone.

A statement by the APC National Vice Chairman (North-West), Dr. Salihu Lukman in Abuja revealed plans by the zone to engage the party’s flag bearer, with a view to clinching the Vice Presidential slot for the zone.

To this end, Lukman said the zone resolved to aggregate its interests and vital concerns and engage accordingly with the presidential candidate of the party.

According to the statement, “The meeting noted the contribution of the North-West to the emergence and growth of the APC and its electoral viability, with the North-West providing about 39% of the votes the APC recorded in the 2019 and 2015 presidential elections.

“Therefore, the zone resolved to aggregate its interests and vital concerns and engage accordingly with the presidential candidate of the party.”

The statement reads: “The meeting welcomed the initiative to commence this consultative meeting as vital for strengthening the APC in the North-West and improve leadership engagements and cohesion within the zone.

Participants received the zonal report from the National Vice Chairman (North-West) and reviewed the state of the party at the national level and within the zone. The zonal meeting welcomed the successful conclusion of primaries at the state and national levels. Participants acknowledged the challenges facing some state chapters of the party and resolved to promote efforts at reconciliation as an urgent priority.

“Participants requested the National Vice-Chairman (North-West) to ensure that the consultative meeting is sustained as a vital tool for cohesion within the party.

https://thenationonlineng.net/vp-slot-north-west-apc-govs-ministers-to-engage-tinubu-for-consideration/

4 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Fira09(m): 6:46am On Jul 01, 2022
Muslim-Muslim ticket will drastically reduce TINUBU chance of winning the election......

Anyway on PETER OBI MANDATE WE STAND GIDIBAN.

Get your PVC.

#FCOBIDIENT

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by IamWonderful: 6:46am On Jul 01, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by FlawlessKarl: 6:50am On Jul 01, 2022
shocked

In a country that is highly religious inclined like Nigeria, it will be height of insensitivity for Tinubu to pick a Muslim as a running mate.

A Muslim finishes 8years as a president, a Muslim succeeded a Muslim and not just that, a Muslim become a Vice. Shey na Islamic Republic we de like this bah? I don't want to reason this, but if this is what they're planning, God will not allow it to happened or the disintegration of this country is closer than how we foresee it.

By the way Vote PO2023.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Truthisunique2: 6:55am On Jul 01, 2022
North West governors don't wish tinubu well they are setting him up, a north west VP after a north west have done president

Enough reasons for north to ditch the irrelevant VP slot and take the "Marginalization of North East must end

No be these same people be dey propose lawan for president?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by LoneWolf212: 6:56am On Jul 01, 2022
undecided
Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by hopman98: 6:58am On Jul 01, 2022
I think the north will deliver bloc votes for BAT if he picks a northern muslim gov as running mate but this will cost him southern nigerians votes, majorly christians. The country is in a delicate situation. I'm a muslim but a muslim muslim ticket is a time bomb, it'll further cause disunity and animosity. MODIFIED: To the guy that quoted me below, FYI even if atiku chooses his VP from SW, BAT would still sweep clean the entire region. The north where the majority of the states are ruled by APC, the govs would want to protect their interests by ensuring that their party gets a huge chunk of the votes there. If u disagree with me, u are just exercising ur right to freedom of choice and expression. I won't call u names unlike some hate-filled souls who know nothing about FHR

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Truthisunique2: 7:04am On Jul 01, 2022
hopman98:
I think the north will deliver bloc votes for BAT if he picks a northern muslim gov as running mate but this will cost him southern nigerians votes, majorly christians. The country is in a delicate situation. I'm a muslim but a muslim muslim ticket is a time bomb, it'll further cause disunity and animosity

But would south west deliver same block votes for atiku?

This una half logic is something else

The president is the main position of authority, the north have it and have the Muslim sentiment also in atiku

Why would they now leave a dozen and go for half dozen, muslim Muslim is even a risk to them because south south the majority christians are already crying marginalization, if they team up with SE agitation, then North feeding bottle is threatened

15 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by LeoDeKing: 7:14am On Jul 01, 2022
Fira09:
Muslim-Muslim ticket will drastically reduce TINUBU chance of winning the election......

Get your PVC.

#FCOBIDIENT
Peter Obi is your candidate, "Muslim-Muslim ticket will reduce Tinubu's chance of winning the election....."

I think this should be in your favour, why crying over it?

Or is it that you don't understand what you are saying?

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by LeoDeKing: 7:16am On Jul 01, 2022
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

In a country that highly religious like Nigeria, it will height of insensitivity for Tinubu to pick a Muslim as a running mate.

A Muslim finishes his 8years as a president, a Muslim succeeded a Muslim and not just that, a Muslim become a Vice, shey na Islamic Republic we de like this bah? I don't want to reason this. But if this is what they're planning, God will not allow it to happened or the disintegration of this country is closer than how we foresee it.

By the way Vote PO2023.
You have practically admitted Tinubu is the next president.

Otherwise, who Tinubu choose as his running mate shouldn't bother you. cheesy

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Fira09(m): 7:19am On Jul 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Peter Obi is your candidate, "Muslim-Muslim ticket will reduce Tinubu's chance of winning the election....."

I think this should be in your favour, why crying over it?

Or is it that you don't understand what you are saying?

Mehnnnn ....I understand what am saying ,

What I mean is that.... TINUBU might come fourth (4) in this coming Election.

4 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by LeoDeKing: 7:23am On Jul 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:

But would south west deliver same block votes for atiku?

This una half logic is something else

The president is the main position of authority, the north have it and have the Muslim sentiment also in atiku

Why would they now leave a dozen and go for half dozen, muslim Muslim is even a risk to them because south south the majority christians are already crying marginalization, if they team up with SE agitation, then North feeding bottle is threatened

Bashir Tofa is a northerner
MKO Abiola is from South West

Block votes were delivered to MKO by Northerners.

So keep quiet.

Shinedu, Northerners can never vote Obi, let this sink.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by juman(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2022
hopman98:
I think the north will deliver bloc votes for BAT if he picks a northern muslim gov as running mate but this will cost him southern nigerians votes, majorly christians. The country is in a delicate situation. I'm a muslim but a muslim muslim ticket is a time bomb, it'll further cause disunity and animosity

Those christians that would vote pdp would not vote for tinubu even if he pick christian as running mate.
Most of them are traditionally pdp.
The five percent people are pdp followers.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Truthisunique2: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Bashir Tofa is a northerner
MKO Abiola is from South West

Block votes were delivered to MKO

So keep quiet.

Shinedu, Northerners can never vote Obi, let this sink.
1993 is not 2023

On the return of democracy it was stated explicitly in constitution that every group should be seen to be carried along in position sharing formula

This is the system we now operate, north voted their own in 2015 and re supported him despite all the records of incompetence he broke

Why because he was their son, would Yoruba give block vote to atiku in 2023?

5 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by juman(m): 7:26am On Jul 01, 2022
Only buhari decides who the running mate is, not tinubu.
Its buharis right. As tinubu did in earlier election.

3 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by InsideLove(f): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2022
I am OBIdient. I don't have confidence in a other candidates especially APC. Don't forget how APC has dealt with Nigerians since their emergence in 2015. Life became unbearable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Truthisunique2: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2022
juman:

Those christians that would vote pdp would not vote for tinubu even if he pick christian as running mate.
Most of them are traditionally pdp.
The five percent people are pdp followers.
There are numerous real Muslims that won't vote tinubu with Muslim Muslim ticket

They would risk the unity of "one nigeria" if south south Christian's start joining the agitation train

I believe you are aware north don't play with Niger delta agitation

2 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by jkpbestseries: 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
power to the South is all i want to see!

1 Like

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by steveneche(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
shocked
Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by luxs(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
T
Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Dannyset(m): 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
grin

Please give us Professor Zulum of Borno.

If APC uses Pope as the VP, these people still won't vote for APC. So?

2 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by bigdammyj: 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
Okay.
Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by GeneralPula: 7:30am On Jul 01, 2022
Fira09:

Get your PVC.

#FCOBIDIENT

Election winning is all about structure. Buhari couldn’t become a president without the possible structure..

People that matters when it comes to election doesn’t care if the vice is a sango worshipper..

Tinubu has a lot of political allies. He acted like a newbie & consulted a lot of people..

Aside from that, he did well as a Governor. People knows this in reality.

Apc structure will make them win 2023 election by wide margin, even if them pick Ogun worshipper for Vice

111 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by watersideboys: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2022
Tinubu should be Peter Obis running mate.

1 Like

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by emmabest2000(m): 7:31am On Jul 01, 2022
At this stage it seems that both BAT and APC members are in confused state cheesy

AderonkeOlaniyi:
See the face of the useless bastard who said that the Nigerian government should recruit 50 million youths into the armed forces.
Your last name Olaniyi in igbo language means
Wasteful cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Moh247: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2022
cool

Jagaban

3 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Truthisunique2: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2022
jkpbestseries:
if south must rule, the majority should represent them which is christian

2 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2022
See the face of the useless bastard who said that the Nigerian government should recruit 50 million youths into the armed forces.

1 Like

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by watersideboys: 7:32am On Jul 01, 2022
jkpbestseries:

We don't want a head slamming Islamic president

3 Likes

Re: VP Slot: North-West APC Govs, Ministers To Engage Tinubu For Consideration by Fr33born(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2022
I see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

War In Niger Delta: Mend Threatens Northerners In Oil Industry / I Am A Thoroughbred Yoruba Man – Obasanjo / Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.