Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix (47822 Views)

From Salt Lake City To Las Vegas: My Road Trip Pictures / Update Pictures Of My ROADSIDE Trip From California to Las Vegas / Vegas Is Open! Cypaid Traveled To las Vegas Despite Covid 19 Restrictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by youngtee5(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
It's good you talked about saving, because few hours ago, I was thinking about what could people in Nigeria do to improve their chances of achieving some goals like traveling out of the country or just having more money.

And the solution I came up with is thinking outside the box.

Here is an example: Learn to bake something simple and tasty, then have a catchy design on it. For example the flag of USA or UK, or Sweden.
An attractive flag. You want to sell the idea that buying your cookies, will increase their chances of going to those countries.

Make sure to keep the price low, a price that people will pay without thinking too much.

And when you embark on this journey, document it with video and post on your YouTube channel, so people can follow your journey, and you also give yourself a chance to make money from YouTube.

Make sure that your videos obey Youtube's rules if you hope to make money from it in the future, so avoid playing music in your videos.

The bottomline is that in a Country like Nigeria, where many feel that there are not many opportunities, you have to focus on buying the raw materials and create something you can sell for more money. I have other ideas I can share later.
Thanks for the idea, I use to do that in the past "popcorn" but cost of production frustrated me so I back out. Doing some other things now hoping to save money. Meanwhile what can I be buying from US and be selling here in Nigeria except phones because I'm into that already. I'm open to suggestions oo

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Whobedatte(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
You have lived in 4 continents out of 6 habitable ones
You have lived a fulfilling life.
I enjoyed from 1-17 page , I no know say travel section day interesting like this ,chai!!! NL front page na so so bad news

17 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Lilmessis(m): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Looks like you gave up. That is Dj Neptune.

wow, are you guys still intouch with each other now. cause neptune na big man now o

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thank you o! More travels loading, I go make sure to go to all habitable continents and all countries wey no get too much crime. lol

cc Whobedatte

Whobedatte:
You have lived in 4 continents out of 6 habitable ones
You have lived a fulfilling life.
I enjoyed from 1-17 page , I no know say travel section day interesting like this ,chai!!! NL front page na so so bad news

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
Since his WhatsApp turned to business account, we have not spoken. I know he's a big man now. If I ever need am, I go reach out, and I'm sure he will be there for me. Maybe if I do YouTube come Naija I go ask to interview him. So no shaking for now.

Lilmessis:
wow, are you guys still intouch with each other now. cause neptune na big man now o

1 Like

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Our last communication was in May of 2018, now na just promotional materials him dey send to me and all his fans at once.

I attached image of our last talk.

Lilmessis:

5 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
That’s good that you are trying multiple things.

I will keep an eye open for things that can be useful in Nigeria.

But give the baking idea a try or make sweets. Or smoothies.

Anything that will make people feel and look rich.

[quote author=youngtee5 post=115085061][/quote]
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 1:27am On Jul 26, 2022
For those that still don’t know how respected Nigerians are in America, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ZpIMrheCk

5 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Lilmessis(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Since his WhatsApp turned to business account, we have not spoken. I know he's a big man now. If I ever need am, I go reach out, and I'm sure he will be there for me. Maybe if I do YouTube come Naija I go ask to interview him. So no shaking for now.

wow that lovely,him na Dj back in those days
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Yes and he’s still a Dj.

Lilmessis:
wow that lovely,him na Dj back in those days

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Runningwater(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
It's good you talked about saving, because few hours ago, I was thinking about what could people in Nigeria do to improve their chances of achieving some goals like traveling out of the country or just having more money.

And the solution I came up with is thinking outside the box.

Here is an example: Learn to bake something simple and tasty, then have a catchy design on it. For example the flag of USA or UK, or Sweden.
An attractive flag. You want to sell the idea that buying your cookies, will increase their chances of going to those countries.

Make sure to keep the price low, a price that people will pay without thinking too much.

And when you embark on this journey, document it with video and post on your YouTube channel, so people can follow your journey, and you also give yourself a chance to make money from YouTube.

Make sure that your videos obey Youtube's rules if you hope to make money from it in the future, so avoid playing music in your videos.

The bottomline is that in a Country like Nigeria, where many feel that there are not many opportunities, you have to focus on buying the raw materials and create something you can sell for more money. I have other ideas I can share later.

Why shouldn't someone play music in background sir? I've watched YouTube videos with background music.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
When you play copyrighted music (pretty much most popular music) then Youtube will not pay you for any ad they show, because that means you're profiting from other peoples's work.

You can make videos with any music you want, but if you're serious about making money from those videos, then you stay away from doing that. There are music you can use for free, or subscriptions you can pay for, to get music you can use and not get in trouble with Youtube.

If it's not 100% clear to you, let me know and I will explain further.

Runningwater:

Why shouldn't someone play music in background sir? I've watched YouTube videos with background music.

4 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Runningwater(m): 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
When you play copyrighted music (pretty much most popular music) then Youtube will not pay you for any ad they show, because that means you're profiting from other peoples's work.

You can make videos with any music you want, but if you're serious about making money from those videos, then you stay away from doing that. There are music you can use for free, or subscriptions you can pay for, to get music you can use and not get in trouble with Youtube.

If it's not 100% clear to you, let me know and I will explain further.

I get it now. Copyright infringement. I forgot about it cause of Nigerian system. Thank you for replying sir

3 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
You are right, Naija hustlers no respect other people's work, dem must chop where they did not sow. lol

But when you deal with international companies, you need to follow rules.

Runningwater:

I get it now. Copyright infringement. I forgot about it cause of Nigerian system. Thank you for replying sir

3 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Then the lesson here is that if an old dirty, ugly man like me can fulfill my dreams, a young and handsome clean person like yourself, can make it easily.

cc satandeterrible

best thing I’ve read in a while. God bless you

5 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 12:33am On Jul 27, 2022
It's also a lesson I remind myself of anytime I start to criticizing someone. A lot of time, criticizing someone is just a waste of time and energy that we could be using to invest in ourselves and do things better than the people we are criticizing.

Thank you for your reply and for reading.

Fxmansaix:
best thing I’ve read in a while. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 27, 2022
Abeg explain more on that YouTube music stuff. How person go use know which music to play?
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 4:57am On Jul 27, 2022
Pretty much any music you have heard on the radio or online, is copyrighted and you should stay away from using them.

When you create a Youtube channel, you will have access to the Youtube Audio library for creators, you can use any music there for free with no problem. It's free to create a channel, it's just few clicks.

When you upload a video to Youtube, their software will scan your video for copyrighted audio, if it finds any it will let you know what your options are. Here are the options:

1. Delete your video(if that's what the owner wants, then you have no other choice).
2. Leave the audio, but any revenue generated from ads will go to the original owner of the audio.
3. Delete just the section with the audio.
4. Mute the section with the audio.
5. Replace the audio with free audio from the YouTube audio library.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Felixamos:
Abeg explain more on that YouTube music stuff. How person go use know which music to play?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Pretty much any music you have heard on the radio or online, is copyrighted and you should stay away from using them.

When you create a Youtube channel, you will have access to the Youtube Audio library for creators, you can use any music there for free with no problem. It's free to create a channel, it's just few clicks.

When you upload a video to Youtube, their software will scan your video for copyrighted audio, if it finds any it will let you know what your options are. Here are the options:

1. Delete your video(if that's what the owner wants, then you have no other choice).
2. Leave the audio, but any revenue generated from ads will go to the original owner of the audio.
3. Delete just the section with the audio.
4. Mute the section with the audio.
5. Replace the audio with free audio from the YouTube audio library.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer.

My second question is, what about those who do song covers to popular songs e.g "brown skin girl by Beyonce" Does it mean they don't get paid or doing a song cover doesn't count as copyright?
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
This is what I dug up about that.

"David states that YouTube has a new tool for song covers that allow the publisher to share revenue from the videos with Content ID claims with the creator who made the cover, instead of taking all of the revenue. This is only available for creators in the YouTube Partner Program (of course) and the tool is currently only accessible in the Creator Studio Classic. You can read how to enable this for your song covers here."

You can read the whole article here
https://www.tubebuddy.com/blog/youtube-news-song-copyright/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PerformanceMax&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCa-9B6i7oPqyXQVroHMhvmOJ308VWVWOsAXS91Cy_x7Fo4BiEf9CsQaArzzEALw_wcB

Felixamos:

Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer.

My second question is, what about those who do song covers to popular songs e.g "brown skin girl by Beyonce" Does it mean they don't get paid or doing a song cover doesn't count as copyright?

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
This is what I dug up about that.

"David states that YouTube has a new tool for song covers that allow the publisher to share revenue from the videos with Content ID claims with the creator who made the cover, instead of taking all of the revenue. This is only available for creators in the YouTube Partner Program (of course) and the tool is currently only accessible in the Creator Studio Classic. You can read how to enable this for your song covers here."

You can read the whole article here
https://www.tubebuddy.com/blog/youtube-news-song-copyright/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PerformanceMax&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxIOXBhCrARIsAL1QFCa-9B6i7oPqyXQVroHMhvmOJ308VWVWOsAXS91Cy_x7Fo4BiEf9CsQaArzzEALw_wcB

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
You are welcome and if you have not started your YouTube channel yet, start today, don't wait. It's another way to make it in life.

Don't wait to have everything perfect, just start and learn as you go. When I was in Canada recently, I heard of the story of a Nigerian woman
that started her channel cooking in ugly local kitchen, but today her channel has grown and she bought a house and is living large.

Just remember to have a story, even if it's your life story, it can be interesting to many even if you think it is not.

Felixamos:

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate

5 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
You are welcome and if you have not started your YouTube channel yet, start today, don't wait. It's another way to make it in life.

Don't wait to have everything perfect, just start and learn as you go. When I was in Canada recently, I heard of the story of a Nigerian woman
that started her channel cooking in ugly local kitchen, but today her channel has grown and she bought a house and is living large.

Just remember to have a story, even if it's your life story, it can be interesting to many even if you think it is not.

Drop me that your YouTube link again make I sub. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
Here you go and thank you very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FePIIWytVss

Felixamos:

Drop me that your YouTube link again make I sub. Thanks.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
LIFE IN THE NETHERLANDS:

Finding space to park in The Netherlands is difficult and expensive, because they were built before cars were invented.

So bicycle is the way most people get around. Take a look at the photos to see how crazy it is. People ride bikes to places like train station and park there, and then take the train, and when they come back they pick it up and ride home.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
More bikes.

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
Me trying to look cool, I bought the cool looking bike, but they always steal my bike, even though it's the same price as the ugly looking ones.

They stole my bikes twice, then I ended up just buying an ugly looking back, so they stopped stealing it. lol

They cut the lock, you can see in the picture.

More post coming about my life in The Netherlands.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2022
naijamanyoutube:
Here you go and thank you very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FePIIWytVss

It was 164, check I just made it 165. Thanks again for your response
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by Jennifer89(f): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
Wow wow! I didn't skip a page. I really love the beautiful pictures and stories.
Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
I see it thank you.
Felixamos:

It was 164, check I just made it 165. Thanks again for your response

2 Likes

Re: From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix by naijamanyoutube(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2022
Thank you for reading and for your beautiful comment.

Jennifer89:
Wow wow! I didn't skip a page. I really love the beautiful pictures and stories.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Rescues Ghanaian Fishermen In The Ocean Near Dangote Port, Lekki / Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.