Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? (20126 Views)

The Money I Saved In My Saving Box / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by zubito(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
okwah:
Hope say no be branch? undecided undecided

Tell me more about Branch, please. I'm using it.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Spirated12(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nairalanders pls how safe is branch. I want to invest some funds into
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Maddestdp(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
On opay, there are better ways than safe lock that will pay you well. I use owealth and I can access my money from there anytime. No setting of date. The higher the money. The higher the interest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by writeprof(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:
See me see trouble o! I made a huge amount of money in December 2021, so in January 2022
i thought of saving the money in a place that will give me interest by December 2022. I planned to use the interest to flex or maybe even go on vacation sef. Someone recommended a platform (I will not mention their name yet) to me on this app that I should lock my money there, that I will get high interest that I can use to run some other stuff when I collect my money. What this person didn't tell me was that once I lock the money I won't be able to access it on a “due date”.

Fast forward to last week, my laptop crashed and I needed to get a replacement. I didn’t have enough money in my bank so I just thought to break my savings at least na my money and i really needed the laptop to continue my job. That was how I was told I cannot remove the money until when the thing unlocks itself. I WAN RUN MAD!!
Guys i want to know the next step to take, please o, i really need to remove my money to buy this laptop. I know I made a mistake by not reading Terms and Conditions, but I just felt like saving money should be flexible and stress-free.

Is this how all savings platforms are? Can’t a man just save money and get it back once they need it.

Which other savings apps with good interest and zero stress can I use in the future?
1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank
Which of these three is recommended abeg?

Branch has both. Flexible and the one you lock until date of maturity. Fairsave is okay it's just the interest rate which I feel is too little.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
yemi1504:

I use Piggyvest too but never use the Safe lock feature for obvious reasons. Op was too greedy for high interest when the Flexible save feature has a high enough interest already. Besides, for a first timer, it states what each of this savings features do which is why it is important to read.

I use the safelock but it is 10days max, I'm not really after the interest bt just to save funds so I don't lock money away and then remain stranded, just 10days and if I need to relock I'll do it again
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by ford101: 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:
See me see trouble o! I made a huge amount of money in December 2021, so in January 2022
i thought of saving the money in a place that will give me interest by December 2022. I planned to use the interest to flex or maybe even go on vacation sef. Someone recommended a platform (I will not mention their name yet) to me on this app that I should lock my money there, that I will get high interest that I can use to run some other stuff when I collect my money. What this person didn't tell me was that once I lock the money I won't be able to access it on a “due date”.

Fast forward to last week, my laptop crashed and I needed to get a replacement. I didn’t have enough money in my bank so I just thought to break my savings at least na my money and i really needed the laptop to continue my job. That was how I was told I cannot remove the money until when the thing unlocks itself. I WAN RUN MAD!!
Guys i want to know the next step to take, please o, i really need to remove my money to buy this laptop. I know I made a mistake by not reading Terms and Conditions, but I just felt like saving money should be flexible and stress-free.

Is this how all savings platforms are? Can’t a man just save money and get it back once they need it.

Which other savings apps with good interest and zero stress can I use in the future?
1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank
my brother am so sorry to say this but you are a goat.you should have just gone to any good bank and do a clean fix deposit and the ll give you a certificate.mine is still with keystone bank.am on my third step of renewal of my fix deposit.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by aramanda14: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Na FairSave o. guy they offer the best interest out there and you fit commot your money any time wey you want.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by aramanda14: 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
how many percent interest bank go give you? at least with FairSave you get 10% interest on your money
ford101:
my brother am so sorry to say this but you are a goat.you should have just gone to any good bank and do a clean fix deposit and the ll give you a certificate.mine is still with keystone bank.am on my third step of renewal of my fix deposit.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by purpleicious(f): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
Na p...yv..t do this one.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
Just imagine if the thing no unlocked itself till 2030?
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by sexyshola1218: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
I don't know about branch sha, na the fairmoney one i dey use. I lowkey just put all the money i am not using at the moment inside their fair save wallet and they give me interest everyday
Spirated12:
Nairalanders pls how safe is branch. I want to invest some funds into
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by sexyshola1218: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
omo! wahala. thats why you should a platform that have flexible withdrawal use FairSave and you are free of locks and key on your savings.
Ihatebuhariwith:
Just imagine if the thing no unlocked itself till 2030?
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Ramzyranks: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
I think the interest rate you are getting from Fairsave is fair sha. i mean 10% is one of the best you can get out here

writeprof:

Branch has both. Flexible and the one you lock until date of maturity. Fairsave is okay it's just the interest rate which I feel is too little.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Ramzyranks: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
The thing i love most about Fairsave is the flexibility. i mean we are humans and we tend to have emergencies come up even when we don't plan it.
sexyshola1218:
omo! wahala. thats why you should a platform that have flexible withdrawal use FairSave and you are free of locks and key on your savings.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by bong4(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:

1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise in
3. Bank

I would have said cowrywise but with them, you won't have access to your money until the due date. It is very good to save towards a target. That is the way I use them

I use piggyvest. That will give you certain open windows in a year to withdraw your fund without penalty but if you really need withdraw outside the windows allotted, you will pay certain penalty (which I think is what you want to do).
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by techboss1313: 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Fairsave way o. You should try it

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by mediclife1987(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ok12345:
Piggyvest won't allow you have shishi
Even if you are on your death bed....they prefer you die than terminate the date you agreed to unlock, they are so strict on safelock. I hv been using them since 2019 and I dey use sense lock something I can look away for a long time like 3 or 6 month

Me just start dey use Cowrywise and I'm safe locking for 1year...

E go bloody oh, but I go enjoy am insha Allah...
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by techboss1313: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
The best one that can help him save and still give him access to his money anytime he wants is fairsave.
bong4:

I would have said cowrywise but with them, you won't have access to your money until the due date. It is very good to save towards a target. That is the way I use them

I use piggyvest. That will give you certain open windows in a year to withdraw your fund without penalty but if you really need withdraw outside the windows allotted, you will pay certain penalty (which I think is what you want to do).
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Ok12345(f): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
mediclife1987:

Of course you would laugh atlast,that stash Of cash you saved will helps .
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by mediclife1987(m): 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ok12345:

Of course you would laugh atlast,that stash Of cash you saved will helps .

Sure...
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by kingcolearchive: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
I get why people lock, but wait why can't you just save in a free zone where your access to your savings is easy and flexible. I mean all you just have to do is to probably save the money and delete the app until you are ready to use your money. This is just to avoid any unforseen circumstance sha. I use FairSave for my savings i don even delete the fairmoney app for my phone make the money just dey there dey breath.
mediclife1987:

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by yemi1504: 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
bruno10000:

I use the safelock but it is 10days max, I'm not really after the interest bt just to save funds so I don't lock money away and then remain stranded, just 10days and if I need to relock I'll do it again

Still very risky! Life happens! The 8 per cent flex interest rate is decent and good enough.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by mediclife1987(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
kingcolearchive:
I get why people lock, but wait why can't you just save in a free zone where your access to your savings is easy and flexible. I mean all you just have to do is to probably save the money and delete the app until you are ready to use your money. This is just to avoid any unforseen circumstance sha. I use FairSave for my savings i don even delete the fairmoney app for my phone make the money just dey there dey breath.

If you are sure you can save that way, then just save with the bank jejely...

Peeps like us need to safe-lock cos we geh serious addictions that'll scatter our plans meen...
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by kingcolearchive: 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Life happens and we still need to save money for rainy days that is why you should use a platform with flexible withdrawal to save your money

yemi1504:

Still very risky! Life happens! The 8 per cent flex interest rate is decent and good enough.

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Badadvisor: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
seanwilliam:

How much (%) was the penalty ?
Lost all my interest incurred..had less than a month before my withdrawal date and lost 50k plus interest.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by nwetadinobi042(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
I prefer cowrywise. But firstly tell me how you made huge amount of money in December 2021 abeg?
AnonPoet:

1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by yemi1504: 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
kingcolearchive:
Life happens and we still need to save money for rainy days that is why you should use a platform with flexible withdrawal to save your money

Piggyvest offers flexible withdrawals of even up to 4 times a month with interest and above 4 times with no interest for the flexsave feature which I use. Don't know what you on about?
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by joeytrib: 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
This is the father of all savings platform. Try it today and thank me later

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by whysquare4real(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:

1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank
Use Opay. You can withdraw at any time on the app.
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Clementz0(m): 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:

1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank
use branch thank me later

1 Like

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Wwwq: 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
Break the lock
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Dominatrix(f): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Brownshoe:
you should have save that amount in dollars (flex dollar) you will be smiling all through now.

I tried at that time but the dollar features were inactive then. Hmmmm, overall I think it's an interesting app!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LAWMA Shuts Oyingbo Market. / ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ / Gwarimpa Tipper Market In Abuja Gutted By Fire, Properties Destroyed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.