Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye (1470 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
cornelboy:

Wisdom sir.
So the best thing is to run for one's life when that situation right?

Bless you sir. The truth is, nowhere to run. All that those guys wanted you to do is to run, they take over what you left behind. That's been happening for ages.

You must equally have a system of self preservation, if not you will eventually continue to run, only to make peace with them at your loss on a long run.

They are interested in what you have, anything it is, and you will never be the same again. You may think you have nothing, but you have your freedom.

Never allow religion blindfold you to the reality on ground.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When Jesus first came to the earth everyone knew him to be Joseph's son born by Mary, learned carpentry had four brothers: James, Judas, Simon and Junior (Joseph's name sake) and he also had sisters, but by the time he became the Christ after his baptism the world knew him not. So after his death, resurrection and ascension to heaven the angel that appeared to his disciples said:

“Men of Galʹi·lee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into the sky will come in the same manner as you have seen him going into the sky.” Act 1:11

Jesus was known by all those living around him but the Christ is only recognized by few people {Matthew 16:13-17} and during his ascension to heaven only his friends knew that the Christ is risen from the death and he has left the earth! Therefore when he comes to take away his born again brothers only those who are paying rapt attention to what the scriptures says will be aware. That's why only Jehovah's Witnesses known back then as the International Bible Students Association who were seriously studying the scriptures with all honesty and sincerity in the 20 century knew he's around! smiley

When he comes back for vengeance it's angels that will follow him to kill all enemies of Godly peace {Matthew 25:31; Luke 19:27; Revelations 19:14} but as for JWs like me we must hold our peace to see the salvation of our God {Exodus 14:14} that's what Jesus is saying now in the spirit realms but you people aren't willing to obey God's only begotten Son! Isaiah 30:15 smiley

At the end you are waiting for him to convert what you covet over to you, being his friends.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Wilgrea7(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
"There's no place in the Bible where God asked you not to defend yourself..."

"When they slap you at the right cheek, turn the left, when they slap you at the left, what do you do?"

"Do you know what it means when God is silence? It's over to you."

God bless Pastor E.A. Adeboye,

God bless us all.

In my opinion, the whole doctrine of turning the other cheek, and forgiving 70 x 7, is a pretty dumb one, and only serves to promote unjust oppression
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Wilgrea7:

In my opinion, the whole doctrine of turning the other cheek, and forgiving 70 x 7, is a pretty dumb one, and only serves to promote unjust oppression

Not really. He's trying not to make his followers the aggressors and the unforgiving. But nonetheless, it is not enough to pacify the adversary, Satan.

The clergyman is not asking his followers to be the aggressors, but that they shouldn't be the victims either.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

At the end you are waiting for him to convert what you covet over to you, being his friends.

Everyone can become Jesus' friend by doing exactly as he commanded {John 15:14} but as for all those shouting his name up and down claiming they're worshiping him {Matthew 5:8} it's a pity that Jesus will deny them because God's will is for us to OBEY Jesus' command not worship him! Matthew 7:21-23

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Everyone can become Jesus' friend by doing exactly as he commanded {John 15:14} but as for all those shouting his name up and down claiming they're worshiping him {Matthew 5:8} it's a pity that Jesus will deny them because God's will is for us to OBEY Jesus' command not worship him! Matthew 7:21-23

May you have PEACE! smiley

I can't agree with you more dear brother. Nevertheless, everything is in the hands of the almighty God to conclude.

Thanks for sharing sound doctrines of the Jehovah witnesses. God bless you and all of us together.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by cornelboy(f): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Bless you sir. The truth is, nowhere to run. All that those guys wanted you to do is to run, they take over what you left behind. That's been happening for ages.
You must equally have a system of self preservation, if not you will eventually continue to run, only to make peace with them at your loss on a long run.
They are interested in what you have, anything it is, and you will never be the same again. You may think you have nothing, but you have your freedom.
Never allow religion blindfold you to the reality on ground.
Even Jesus himself ran away from a violent Jew group and changed location.

If you love your enemy, there's no way you would want to end his life.

In every situation we find ourselves, we should always trust Jehovah God for our protection.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
If you don't see your error of interpretation, you can't understand what you don't understand.

I want to believe you came into the world with your knowledge of the teacher, master and guide.

Next is to impose on others the same thing taking care of whoever is ahead of you as teachers in their lives.
Interpretation? Are you highly on rocks or what? That text is written in plaintext to be comprehended using basic human language comprehension skills which even kids have. What interpretation you wan use? undecided

Again.....1. Wait a second .... you asked me what Jesus Christ meant and I explained in plain words what is written. undecided

▪︎Did Jesus Christ not say that those standing would see Him come in the glory of His Kingdom? undecided
▪︎Did John not see Jesus Christ coming in the glory of His Kingdom in the vision he had and wrote of on the Island of Patmos, in his book of Revelations? undecided
▪︎Did Peter not allude to having knowledge of the return of Jesus Christ in His Kingdom in 2 Peter 3 meaning he did see something? undecided

So where exactly do you claim I am stuck at?? undecided

2. I am sorry but my humility is only for Jesus Christ since He alone is my Teacher, Master,Guide etc., in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

For me this is not about an individual as it is about scripture. Jesus meant that scripture will be relevant for all time. I should think am done engaging with you on this matter.
Why do you hate taking Jesus Christ at His Word? Why do you feel this need to twist what He says so it means what it clearly doesn't? undecided

Jesus Christ is not written to said Scripture but instead the Word of God/God's Law of which scripture really isn't since instead Jesus Christ is God's Word and Law. Scripture contains God's Word and Law but scripture isn't the Word of God, and this you read in scripture. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

I can't agree with you more dear brother. Nevertheless, everything is in the hands of the almighty God to conclude.

Thanks for sharing sound doctrines of the Jehovah witnesses. God bless you and all of us together.

Those turning away their ears from righteousness will be ignored! Proverbs 28:9

But

Blessed are those hearing the word of God and acting positively on it! Luke 11:28

May you have PEACE!

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interpretation? Are you highly on rocks or what? That text is written in plaintext to be comprehended using basic human language comprehension skills which even kids have. What interpretation you wan use? undecided

Again.....1. Wait a second .... you asked me what Jesus Christ meant and I explained in plain words what is written. undecided

▪︎Did Jesus Christ not say that those standing would see Him come in the glory of His Kingdom? undecided
▪︎Did John not see Jesus Christ coming in the glory of His Kingdom in the vision he had and wrote of on the Island of Patmos, in his book of Revelations? undecided
▪︎Did Peter not allude to having knowledge of the return of Jesus Christ in His Kingdom in 2 Peter 3 meaning he did see something? undecided

So where exactly do you claim I am stuck at?? undecided

2. I am sorry but my humility is only for Jesus Christ since He alone is my Teacher, Master,Guide etc., in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided

Take it a thousand times, you are completely ignorant of the claim you want to make. And nobody is knowledgeable enough to show you your lack of comprehension of the passage.

Let's wait till thy kingdom come.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
1. Take it a thousand times, you are completely ignorant of the claim you want to make. And nobody is knowledgeable enough to show you your lack of comprehension of the passage.

2. Let's wait till thy kingdom come.
1. undecided I am the ignorant one yet you have yet to deliver any actual rebuttals to refute any of the claims I made?, undecided

2. Jesus Christ told you the Kingdom of God is already here. You enter into it the moment you become born-again - John 3 vs 1 - 8 . For all those who are born-again, the Kingdom of God exists within them and all around them - Luke 17 vs 20 - 21. Now, ofcourse being born-again means you either entered into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to Destruction(Hell), or the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 meaning even those who will end up in Hell at the end are also born-again. undecided

The Kingdom of God arrived over 2000 years ago, and Jesus Christ threw the gates wide open to the world when He rose from the dead. What you are waiting for is most definitely not the same Kingdom. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
cornelboy:

Even Jesus himself ran away from a violent Jew group and changed location.

If you love your enemy, there's no way you would want to end his life.

In every situation we find ourselves, we should always trust Jehovah God for our protection.

God place the government there to protect you. Don't make God a maigaurd by putting those who can't guarantee relative safety of life and property in elective positions.

You recently extolled the Americans, you said it plays to God's plan for the jw organization, is it a crime if your country does the same thereby making it conducive for security of life and prosperity and piety?

How long are you going to keep running? If the Americans were not taking responsibility for their security, would the people you claim to be 6 established religion ever allow brother Russell to put off the fire in hell?

It's a sin to underutilize what God has given you only to start crying to him again that one bully n the street is tormenting you. Yet when opportunity presents itself you want to enjoy the peace that worldly organization offers.

You like to reap where you did not sow.

Oh sorry bro, I thought it's my Jehovah witness brother on my mention again grin grin grin
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided I am the ignorant one yet you have yet to deliver any actual rebuttals to refute any of the claims I made?, undecided

2. Jesus Christ told you the Kingdom of God is already here. You enter into it the moment you become born-again - John 3 vs 1 - 8 . For all those who are born-again, the Kingdom of God exists within them and all around them - Luke 17 vs 20 - 21. Now, ofcourse being born-again means you either entered into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to Destruction(Hell), or the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 meaning even those who will end up in Hell at the end are also born-again. undecided

The Kingdom of God arrived over 2000 years ago, and Jesus Christ threw the gates wide open to the world when He rose from the dead. What you are waiting for is most definitely not the same Kingdom. undecided

Kobojunkie:
Focus on what He said to you. Among those standing, whom we read of haven see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom are John, and if I am not mistaken, Peter. John, ofcourse wrote of what He saw in His book of Revelations, while Peter alluded to it in his letters. undecided

absoluteSuccess:

Matthew 16:28

New International Version

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom".

Explain based on your logic at the bolded.

Compare your first position with the last. Is it the same thing you are referring to in the same instance?
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
Compare your first position with the last. Is it the same thing you are referring to in the same instance?
You are not making any sense at all. undecided

Why would I compare my first post to my last post when the issues addressed are completely different?. undecided

The first question you asked was about the seeing of Jesus Christ returning in the glory of His Kingdom as described in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 whereas your second claim which I responded to had to do with the where of the Kingdom of God, which Jesus Christ brought down with Him when He arrived over 2000 years ago. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by cornelboy(f): 2:14am On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

God place the government there to protect you. Don't make God a maigaurd by putting those who can't guarantee relative safety of life and property in elective positions.
You recently extolled the Americans, you said it plays to God's plan for the jw organization, is it a crime if your country does the same thereby making it conducive for security of life and prosperity and piety?
How long are you going to keep running? If the Americans were not taking responsibility for their security, would the people you claim to be 6 established religion ever allow brother Russell to put off the fire in hell?
It's a sin to underutilize what God has given you only to start crying to him again that one bully n the street is tormenting you. Yet when opportunity presents itself you want to enjoy the peace that worldly organization offers.
Oh sorry bro, I thought it's my Jehovah witness brother on my mention again grin grin grin
Which of the current three presidential candidate is God placing for us next year?
Tinubu, atiku or Peter Obi?

See God doesn't meddle in politics.

In the Bible, the government was never there to protect the church.

You are free to kill to defend yourself.

I'd rather follow Jesus' commandments.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:44am On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

The problem is lack of knowledge! Hosea 4:6

God set up that nation (Israel) to establish and protect pure worship (not life and properties) the reason is because Satan knew very well that if God could achieve the purpose of getting faithful people throughout the earth and organize them as one family then all his game is up. Satan's system is to stop that from happening so that each human will be free from restraint just as he told Eve in the garden of Eden! Genesis 3:4-5

When people read about how God supported Israel to conquer and destroy other nations most people do think wars has been justified but it's a pity you only read the stories you don't meditate at all. For your information if an Israelite should go against pure worship the same thing God did to those pagan nations will be done to such an Israelite! Deuteronomy 13:6-9

So if anyone back then wants God's protection along with pure worship the only safe place on this planet back then is the land of Israel because Satan will not allow pure worship to flourish anywhere. That's why God is using the Israelites to protect pure worship and backing them up with His might.

America is the only nation that declared FREEDOM of SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION. Note that they don't know how they arrive at that but it's Satan who wants to use them to promote all sort of immorality because to some extent people are still trying to live by conscience but with what Satan is setting up "DEMOCRACY" decadence will be faster and by the time Jesus will come to organize people for salvation it will be difficult when morality has been buried totally.
That's why all sort of immorality like prostitution, gay, lesbianism and many more is free in America. But Satan shot himself in the foot!
HOW?
His plan was to make things difficult for Jesus who is returning for the spiritual harvest Satan doesn't want Jesus to get any living soul with that plan even after Satan has made sure that the type of FAITH Jesus established in the first century has been buried. Luke 18:8
Unknowingly to Satan, by the time America declared FREEDOM of SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION faithful people also will be free to make research and find out what exactly should Christians be doing!

That is exactly what happened as a man named Charles Taze Russell and his team began making research to find out what Christianity is all about. Due to Satan's system of freedom the orthodox churches can't stop Russell and his team from unraveling all their dirty secrets like the teaching of immortality of the soul, Trinity, HellFire and so on. Before then whoever speaks against these teachings will be arrested and executed LAWFULLY unlike what some Muslims are doing today the church had the right under the law to execute anyone that speak against their teachings!

So Russell and his team did a lot of job until his death in 1916, immediately Satan decided to kill that movement after the death of Charles. Critics emerged among the group and began protesting against the reforms Jesus is using this group to accomplish. Within just few months the same America that has declared FREEDOM of SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION sentenced the groups loyal leaders to prison in 1916 on the charges of blasphemy but Satan has already lost the battle because the declaration had been made so what is blasphemy again under FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION? So by the year 1919 the court discovered that if a group of men are imprisoned over religious charges when they never caused any physical harm then their declaration of freedom of speech, expression, worship and association holds no water.
So the group was released!
The most shocking event is that immediately these men were released they spontaneously went into action again, but this time around they're taking the campaign against falsehood to every home just as Jesus commissioned it back then in the first century! Revelations 9:1-11
People were visited in their homes by members of these group and before you know it they're taking the truth to other nations where the orthodox churches of Christendom still enslave people under false teachings.
America was forcing all nations to embrace freedom of speech, expression, worship and association so the group was making progress swiftly throughout the earth with the exemption of Arabic speaking nations where there's no such freedom.
That's why Islamic nations today are against America because they think America is trying to rule over them with style.

So if someone tells you that true Christianity has been killed in the second century only to resurrect in 1919 with that group of course you will be surprised because there were religions claiming denominations of Christianity before 1919 but we're they PRACTICING what Jesus laid down? NO!

No religion on this planet was practicing what Jesus taught after the death of all the Apostles in the second century not until Jesus returned in the year 1914 to restructure his group and gave them freedom to start the harvest work!

For your information, you may have read about TWO WITNESSES that were killed and later resurrected never to die again {Revelations 11:3-13} well the two Witnesses represents the 144,000 anointed brothers of Christ and the great crowd working with them.
These two groups disappeared after some time in the second century so that nobody felt their activities globally not until 1919 when they reappear and precisely 12 years later God began calling them by another name to distinguish between them and false religions claiming Christians in the year 1931 God began calling them: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15

The destruction of evildoers along with false religions is fast approaching so let anyone with listening ears take action now as Jesus is calling in the spirit realms saying:

“Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong". Revelations 18:4-8

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 7:02am On Jul 03, 2022
cornelboy:

Which of the current three presidential candidate is God placing for us next year?
Tinubu, atiku or Peter Obi?

See God doesn't meddle in politics.

In the Bible, the government was never there to protect the church.

You are free to kill to defend yourself.

I'd rather follow Jesus' commandments.

Power comes from God, "the heart of the king is in the hands of God". If God don't dabble in politics, He's uninterested in the affairs of men.

If He so hate the world, why is He interested in saving it? God gave us the freedom, we can do as we please, but we're accountable to Him in the end.

Even if Nigeria is a secular state, you don't have to run a country without equity and justice, which is the nature of God.

He's a fair God, He makes His sun to shine on the just as much as the crooked. God is not only in the word God, He's in doing the "Right" thing because He's righteous God.

All our righteousness is like filthy rag before Him. That notwithstanding, "righteousness exalts a nation, sin is like a reproach unto a people".

Let's retain God in our hearts pertaining to our country abeg.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17am On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Power comes from God, "the heart of the king is in the hands of God". If God don't dabble in politics, He's uninterested in the affairs of men. If He so hate the world, why is He interested in saving it? God gave us the freedom, we can do as we please, but we're accountable to Him in the end. Even if Nigeria is a secular state, you don't have to run a country without equity and justice, which is the nature of God. He's a fair God, He makes His sun to shine on the just as much as the crooked. God is not only in the word God, He's in doing the "Right" thing because He's righteous God. All our righteousness is like filthy rag before Him. That notwithstanding, "righteousness exalts a nation, sin is like a reproach unto a people. Let's retain God in our hearts pertaining to our country abeg.

This is where WISDOM comes into place my friend. Pharaoh of Egypt was allowed to test and see who is the true God but the Bible says "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" if you're not reading with meditation you will think God is purposely directing Pharaoh to do evil and at the same time sending Moses to warn Pharaoh. So you need understanding Sir!

Of course God permits humans to endeavor in what Satan told them in the beginning that they can successfully rule themselves independently {Genesis 3:5} but God is never pleased with humans ruling over humans that's why Samuel was displeased when the Israelites demanded for a human King like all other nations! 1Samuel 8:6

Human government will never favour humans {1Samuel 8:10-22} in fact their rulership will bring pains and discomfort! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

So don't think God approves human government NO! He only allowed it for humans to have a taste of the consequences of rebellion! smiley
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The problem is lack of knowledge! Hosea 4:6

God set up that nation (Israel) to establish and protect pure worship (not life and properties) the reason is because Satan knew very well that if God could achieve the purpose of getting faithful people throughout the earth and organize them as one family then all his game is up. Satan's system is to stop that from happening so that each human will be free from restraint just as he told Eve in the garden of Eden! Genesis 3:4-5

When people read about how God supported Israel to conquer and destroy other nations most people do think wars has been justified but it's a pity you only read the stories you don't meditate at all. For your information if an Israelite should go against pure worship the same thing God did to those pagan nations will be done to such an Israelite! Deuteronomy 13:6-9

So if anyone back then wants God's protection along with pure worship the only safe place on this planet back then is the land of Israel because Satan will not allow pure worship to flourish anywhere. That's why God is using the Israelites to protect pure worship and backing them up with His might.

America is the only nation that declared FREEDOM of SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION. Note that they don't know how they arrive at that but it's Satan who wants to use them to promote all sort of immorality because to some extent people are still trying to live by conscience but with what Satan is setting up "DEMOCRACY" decadence will be faster and by the time Jesus will come to organize people for salvation it will be difficult when morality has been buried totally.
That's why all sort of immorality like prostitution, gay, lesbianism and many more is free in America. But Satan shot himself in the foot!
HOW?
His plan was to make things difficult for Jesus who is returning for the spiritual harvest Satan doesn't want Jesus to get any living soul with that plan even after Satan has made sure that the type of FAITH Jesus established in the first century has been buried. Luke 18:8
Unknowingly to Satan, by the time America declared FREEDOM of SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION faithful people also will be free to make research and find out what exactly should Christians be doing!

That is exactly what happened as a man named Charles Taze Russell and his team began making research to find out what Christianity is all about. Due to Satan's system of freedom the orthodox churches can't stop Russell and his team from unraveling all their dirty secrets like the teaching of immortality of the soul, Trinity, HellFire and so on. Before then whoever speaks against these teachings will be arrested and executed LAWFULLY unlike what some Muslims are doing today the church had the right under the law to execute anyone that speak against their teachings!

So Russell and his team did a lot of job until his death in 1916, immediately Satan decided to kill that movement after the death of Charles. Critics emerged among the group and began protesting against the reforms Jesus is using this group to accomplish. Within just few months the same America that has declared FREEDOM of SPEECH, EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION sentenced the groups loyal leaders to prison in 1916 on the charges of blasphemy but Satan has already lost the battle because the declaration had been made so what is blasphemy again under FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION? So by the year 1919 the court discovered that if a group of men are imprisoned over religious charges when they never caused any physical harm then their declaration of freedom of speech, expression, worship and association holds no water.
So the group was released!
The most shocking event is that immediately these men were released they spontaneously went into action again, but this time around they're taking the campaign against falsehood to every home just as Jesus commissioned it back then in the first century! Revelations 9:1-11
People were visited in their homes by members of these group and before you know it they're taking the truth to other nations where the orthodox churches of Christendom still enslave people under false teachings.
America was forcing all nations to embrace freedom of speech, expression, worship and association so the group was making progress swiftly throughout the earth with the exemption of Arabic speaking nations where there's no such freedom.
That's why Islamic nations today are against America because they think America is trying to rule over them with style.

So if someone tells you that true Christianity has been killed in the second century only to resurrect in 1919 with that group of course you will be surprised because there were religions claiming denominations of Christianity before 1919 but we're they PRACTICING what Jesus laid down? NO!

No religion on this planet was practicing what Jesus taught after the death of all the Apostles in the second century not until Jesus returned in the year 1914 to restructure his group and gave them freedom to start the harvest work!

For your information, you may have read about TWO WITNESSES that were killed and later resurrected never to die again {Revelations 11:3-13} well the two Witnesses represents the 144,000 anointed brothers of Christ and the great crowd working with them.
These two groups disappeared after some time in the second century so that nobody felt their activities globally not until 1919 when they reappear and precisely 12 years later God began calling them by another name to distinguish between them and false religions claiming Christians in the year 1931 God began calling them: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15

The destruction of evildoers along with false religions is fast approaching so let anyone with listening ears take action now as Jesus is calling in the spirit realms saying:

“Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong". Revelations 18:4-8

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

You did a great job there brother, I read it through and I agree with you to a great extent. Nevertheless, judgement is of the Lord.

Babylon the great is fallen, may it not fall on us in Jesus name. I think at this point I can reconcile your earlier point of giving the church double the portion it served others.

Albeit, judgement is of the Lord, no man should take the place of God and wish evil on their neighbors for God sake. Let God be the judge.

There will always be doctrinal difference.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 7:35am On Jul 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is where WISDOM comes into place my friend. Pharaoh of Egypt was allowed to test and see who is the true God but the Bible says "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" if you're not reading with meditation you will think God is purposely directing Pharaoh to do evil and at the same time sending Moses to warn Pharaoh. So you need understanding Sir!

Of course God permits humans to endeavor in what Satan told them in the beginning that they can successfully rule themselves independently {Genesis 3:5} but God is never pleased with humans ruling over humans that's why Samuel was displeased when the Israelites demanded for a human King like all other nations! 1Samuel 8:6

Human government will never favour humans {1Samuel 8:10-22} in fact their rulership will bring pains and discomfort! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

So don't think God approves human government NO! He only allowed it for humans to have a taste of the consequences of rebellion! smiley

Yes I know that, but as we're in the problem already, we're either going to pray for safety and like the children of Israel protect ourselves from the evil one.

In spite of human rebellion, God is still protecting mankind. I mean if He's a vengeful Creator, we should have been disposed of by now.

Likewise, the wicked should'nt have right over the life of any man. No man should have right over the other except in righteousness judgement.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by mamaafrik(m): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Google is your friend, search for the video of the just concluded RCCG monthly program about the time I made this post.

Do well to accord others the same respect you think you deserve as a sane human being. Always remember nobody compel you to their conclusions.

Thanks.
do well to get lost with your hearsay
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Yes I know that, but as we're in the problem already, we're either going to pray for safety and like the children of Israel protect ourselves from the evil one.
In spite of human rebellion, God is still protecting mankind. I mean if He's a vengeful Creator, we should have been disposed of by now.
Likewise, the wicked should'nt have right over the life of any man. No man should have right over the other except in righteousness judgement.

Tell that to Stephen who was brutally murdered for his faith but kept praying for his enemies! Act 7:54-60 smiley

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Tell that to Stephen who was brutally murdered for his faith but kept praying for his enemies! Act 7:54-60 smiley

My brother, this is where I surrender. Killing others for your conviction is evil, and if anyone is going to get killed, don't offer yourself.

The way you are going, it's making human sacrifice available for the hopeful killer to fulfill all righteousness. I can't go further with that ooo.

Happy weekend to you.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by cornelboy(f): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Lol
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by cornelboy(f): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Power comes from God, "the heart of the king is in the hands of God". If God don't dabble in politics, He's uninterested in the affairs of men.
If He so hate the world, why is He interested in saving it? God gave us the freedom, we can do as we please, but we're accountable to Him in the end.
Even if Nigeria is a secular state, you don't have to run a country without equity and justice, which is the nature of God.
He's a fair God, He makes His sun to shine on the just as much as the crooked. God is not only in the word God, He's in doing the "Right" thing because He's righteous God.
All our righteousness is like filthy rag before Him. That notwithstanding, "righteousness exalts a nation, sin is like a reproach unto a people".
Let's retain God in our hearts pertaining to our country abeg.
Baba the governments have failed already.
I'll put my trust in Jehovah God for my protection.
And If I die one way or the other, there's hope of living again, for eternity.

I wouldn't turn a murderer for any reason. Jesus words is enough for real Christians to follow.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba the governments have failed already.
I'll put my trust in Jehovah God for my protection.
And If I die one way or the other, there's hope of living again, for eternity.

I wouldn't turn a murderer for any reason. Jesus words is enough for real Christians to follow.

Very well brother, I really appreciate the time shared with you guys and the wisdom expended from all sides.

The word of God is final.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

My brother, this is where I surrender. Killing others for your conviction is evil, and if anyone is going to get killed, don't offer yourself.
The way you are going, it's making human sacrifice available for the hopeful killer to fulfill all righteousness. I can't go further with that ooo.
Happy weekend to you.

All you need to do is ask thought provoking questions about salvation not living now when death is still inevitable! Matthew 10:28

Nobody wish to be killed but whether we live or die it must be to God's glory in Christ Jesus our Lord {Romans 8:35-39} So we will try as much as possible to avoid trouble with Satan's agents {Proverbs 17:14} but don't forget that Satan knows Jesus' real followers and he's angrily targeting us! Revelations 12:17 smiley

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by orisa37: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
COOOOORECT.

BUT PRAY 360° 24/7.

PLEASE ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT GOD CAN EVEN TURN YOUR ENEMIES INTO PROPHETIC FRENZY BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES AS GOD DID TO KING SAUL BEFORE DAVID.

YOUR PVC IS YOUR GUN. USE IT TO INTIMIDATE ELECTION RIGGERS.

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 4:34am On Jul 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All you need to do is ask thought provoking questions about salvation not living now when death is still inevitable! Matthew 10:28

Nobody wish to be killed but whether we live or die it must be to God's glory in Christ Jesus our Lord {Romans 8:35-39} So we will try as much as possible to avoid trouble with Satan's agents {Proverbs 17:14} but don't forget that Satan knows Jesus' real followers and he's angrily targeting us! Revelations 12:17 smiley

Noted with thanks..
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by lawani: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
"There's no place in the Bible where God asked you not to defend yourself..."

"When they slap you at the right cheek, turn the left, when they slap you at the left, what do you do?"

"Do you know what it means when God is silence? It's over to you."

God bless Pastor E.A. Adeboye,

God bless us all.

Plagiarism! By Enoch Adeboye. I was the first person to use that analogy in that way but I am not sure I wrote it down but since he had cameras and listening devices planted all over my living space to eavesdrop on me I am not surprised.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christ Our Solid Foundation / Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results / Nigerian Pastors!! A Must READ!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.