Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves (45671 Views)

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? / Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Osashalom:
Luke.22.36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. (NKJV)
Never read a verse out of context. Always pay attention to the message in context. undecided

Go back and read Luke 22 beginning from verse 36 all the way through to verse 53 in order to gain understanding of what really happened that evening and why Jesus Christ told His disciples to do what they did that night. undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Zulu2022:
una go de south the enjoy una self,wen main christain in North I facing real persecution,come here de quote Bible up and down,no be person write am,David nd others did not the fight fr God,Jesus even defend his father's temple wen the were selling in his father's house,mk una dey mk dis terrorist wipe una all out of face of the Earth,de quote up and down,go north and do this preaching u guys wont
As one who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ, you are not called according to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses, God's Constitution given to the people of Israel- those born with the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. So it makes no sense of any kind to try to model your life after even David in any way or form. undecided

Instead you are called according to God's New Covenant Law and Truth, Jesus Christ, in the Kingdom of God and are so expected to live your life in submission to and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of God - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14. undecided

Jesus Christ said you are not to defend yourself when attacked by enemies because of Him. Do you obey Jesus Christ whom you claim to love or do you simply ignore Him because you believe you know better than He in His own Kingdom? undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by ceaser: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kingozymandias:
I have been saying this for long . If Muslims come to kill you butcher them all and burn their bodies . No mercy. If someone comes to take your life take theirs in defense .

Muslims don't act against those who kill us so time to start killing them back

I think the people should in addition slaughter pigs, then dip the bullets (for local guns ó) and also the pegs and sticks that they intend to use to fight in pig's blood.

Those Fulani devils are usually more cautious when they know that pig's blood (or anything pig for that matter) is awaiting them.

Then those ones that are caught or incapacitated should be fed pig's blood or pork meat before they are handed over to the authorities (if they are lucky enough not to be taken care of secretly). Those that die in battle should be buried with pork meat beside them in their graves.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Mrexcell(m): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ken4Christ:
This is not a good advice. First, we don't have access to the kind of weapons we need to defend ourselves. Second, if we try to get the weapons illegally, we might be arrested for being in possession of it. Third, we are not trained to fight that way. So in an attempt to defend ourselves, we might still be on the losing side.

The scripture says that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. It is spiritual.

There is something we are not doing right. Where are the angels we read of in the Bible? Are they dead? Is our God not the same God of king Jehosaphath who led a war with praise singers and the three nations that came against Judah fought and killed themselves.

What I expect Papa Adeboye to do is to give direction to the church like declaring days of fasting and prayers and praise night.

The God of the Bible is still the same God. What he did in the Bible, he can still do.

Let the leaders and worship leaders forsake their sins and cry out to God. He will scatter their plans and save us.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by kingyakos: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lighthouse50:
I think the last time i read the bible, the messiah had eradicated eye for an eye mosaic law

U are right bro. Adeboye misinterpret the scripture instead of to balance it.

Imagine what he said that God silence to his children in time of trouble means you are own your own.

He said he doesn't have any children outside redeem church and that to me is a very wrong statement from a man claiming to be a man of God.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Chizi01:
Oga go and readLuke 22:36
Never lift a verse out-of-context! undecided

Go back to that chapter and read Luke 22 beginning from verse 36 all the way to verse 53 so you can better understand the why of what happened that evening and why Jesus Christ set it up to happen as such. undecided

It's not OK to approach even scripture in ignorance. undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
GGirll:
Quote bible forever, we will defend ourselves by any means possible, nobody has d monopoly for madness n killings, we can kill and repent later.
Jesus Christ said you are not to defend yourself when attacked by enemies because of Him. Do you obey Jesus Christ whom you claim to love or do you simply ignore Him because you believe you know better than He in His own Kingdom? undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nasir123:

Call your representatives who are also the Government to do the right thing rather than creating more problem for everyone.

Do you think if Buhari is not your kind we'll having a thing like FULANI HELSMEN

Listen! I'm not staying you shouldn't do what you want to do but you should do it in a Civil manner. So that you'll not be disturbing societal peace clamming Godly.

RELIGION SHOULD BE A BLESSING NOT A CAUSE."
Tell that to the fulani terrorists. An eye for an eye, puts everyone in order.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by TAYO124: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
[quote author=Mrexcell post=114384502][/quote]

If you have a better idea share, the nation of Israel is not dependent on just divine intervention, it takes more to counter an enemy determined to kill you.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Electorate:
So it is ok for Christians to always present their neck for slaughter abi?.If Christians continue to be this dossil there won't be any Christian left in Nigeria by the time the Fulanis start slaughtering them one by one because a scripture was misinterpreted to make the Christians helpless and foolish at the same time.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by kingyakos: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Zulu2022:
una go de south the enjoy una self,wen main christain in North I facing real persecution,come here de quote Bible up and down,no be person write am,David nd others did not the fight fr God,Jesus even defend his father's temple wen the were selling in his father's house,mk una dey mk dis terrorist wipe una all out of face of the Earth,de quote up and down,go north and do this preaching u guys wont

No man can fight for God, God fight his battle and any man that fight, fight to defend him self not God

1 Like

Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by abidem4real: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lighthouse50:
I think the last time i read the bible, the messiah had eradicated eye for an eye mosaic law
This is not called "eye for an eye", it's called "self defense". Nevertheless, anyone is free to surrender his or her life to be taken. The ball is your court!
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
JOSH54:
Didn't Jesus flog and chase people who were selling in the temple and why did he apply faith only or pray. Israelites fought and are still fighting up till tomorrow.
Its time we put our faith into action
I fail to see why you mention that event as it does not fit in anywhere in this discussion. For one, Jesus Christ didn't flog them in order to defend Himself but instead to chase them out of God's Temple.. undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Electorate: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Keep misquoting the bible until you get slaughtered, don't defend yourself and when you get to heaven God would tell you he didn't give you strength to be weak and helpless...use your God given brain...or you just die Sara death wey God no send you die.

Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Electorate:
Keep misquoting the bible until you get slaughtered, don't defend yourself and when you get to heaven God would tell you he didn't give you strength to be weak and helpless...use your God given brain.
The Scriptures are written by humans and are meant to be comprehended using basic human language comprehension skills. undecided

I quoted exactly what is written there in scripture so how could it be said that I misquoted scripture? undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
abidem4real:

This is not called "eye for an eye", it's called "self defense". Nevertheless, anyone is free to surrender his or her life to be taken. The ball is your court!
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Iamzik: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ken4Christ:
This is not a good advice. First, we don't have access to the kind of weapons we need to defend ourselves. Second, if we try to get the weapons illegally, we might be arrested for being in possession of it. Third, we are not trained to fight that way. So in an attempt to defend ourselves, we might still be on the losing side.

The scripture says that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. It is spiritual.

There is something we are not doing right. Where are the angels we read of in the Bible? Are they dead? Is our God not the same God of king Jehosaphath who led a war with praise singers and the three nations that came against Judah fought and killed themselves.

What I expect Papa Adeboye to do is to give direction to the church like declaring days of fasting and prayers and praise night.

The God of the Bible is still the same God. What he did in the Bible, he can still do.

Let the leaders and worship leaders forsake their sins and cry out to God. He will scatter their plans and save us.

Have you not prayed and fasted enough?

If someone knocks on your door with knife to kill you because you are a Christian will you just submit your neck to be butchered without a fight??
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Iamzik: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
kingyakos:

No man can fight for God, God fight his battle and any man that fight, fight to defend him self not God

If a man blasphems God or the name of Jesus we will allow God to fight for himself

But if the man is coming to kill me as a child of God, he will have both me and God to contend with beacuse I will deploy every weapon I have to kill him first and then allow God to send him to where he tightly belongs in hell

Christianity is not foolishness

1 Like

Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Electorate: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Scriptures are written by humans and are meant to be comprehended using basic human language comprehension skills. undecided

I quoted exactly what is written there in scripture so how could it be said that I misquoted scripture? undecided

You should also use your comprehension skill to know when to put your hand in a burning fire because you would get burnt if you do...just because the bible gave a specific instruction to a particular tribe, nation or people doesn't mean it should apply to everyone, some verses in the bible have literal meaning while some are just parables...use your God given brain to which is practically possible and which is not.

Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Bludaie: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
TAYO124:

If you have a better idea share, the nation of Israel is not dependent on just divine intervention, it takes more to counter an enemy determined to kill you.
Correct, those down south are in kindergarten as far is Christianity is concerned in Nigeria.
Ask the people of Kaduna Municipality how the Muslims stopped their incessant attacks on Christians.
It stopped after the miss world riot when Christian youths decided to say, enough is enough. No more chic to slap. Till today everyone is careful with the other party. There is no monopoly to violence. Gbam!
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by kingyakos: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Iamzik:

If a man blasphems God or the name of Jesus we will allow God to fight for himself

But if the man is coming to kill me as a child of God, he will have both me and God to contend with beacuse I will deploy every weapon I have to kill him first and then allow God to send him to where he tightly belongs in hell

Christianity is not foolishness

When God hands over your enemy for you to dealt he will provide you with all the weapons both physical and spiritual but first you have to listen when God speaks and also obey his instructions
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Lazenby007(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Nothing sir. I will not shed blood cos christianity saves and not destroy. When My time to die comes as a genuine christian, i will be informed before hand and prepare for it. Great believers of old and early christians do know when their time reaches.
Ok sir
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Iamzik: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
kingyakos:

When God hands over your enemy for you to dealt he will provide you with all the weapons both physical and spiritual but first you have to listen when God speaks and also obey his instructions

Ok pastor
I'm listening...
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Electorate:
You should also use your comprehension skill to know when to put your hand in a burning fire because you would get burnt if you do... just because the bible gave a specific instruction to a particular tribe, nation or people doesn't mean it should apply to everyone, some verses in the bible have literal meaning while some are just parables. ..use your God given brain to which is practically possible and which is not.
This comment of yours doesn't make any sense.. undecided

Jesus Christ wasn't speaking in parables, nor was He speaking to any particular tribe or nation, but instead to all of His followers when He gave the decrees written of in Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48 & Luke 6 vs 27 - 36. He is the Gospel Law of the Kingdom of God preached to all those who believe. So, what do you have against Him? undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Wwwq: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Yeah
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by kingyakos: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Iamzik:

Ok pastor
I'm listening...

Na u be Pastor
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by GGirll: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I will not fold my hands and watch people cut short my life or that of my relatives, when I defend myself in any means possible I have, then, it can be mended since Peter cut off their ear and d Lord mended it for them, may be I'm Peter of my generation. This is what they know and that's why they keep killing christians, as for me and my household I will henceforth defend myself shikina
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by abidem4real: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Show me where you find that in Bible.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
abidem4real:

Show me where you find that in Bible.
Are you being intentionally ignorant or what? undecided
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by stevenosa(m): 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He did that indeed.

They slap you on the right you are silent, they slap you on the left you are silent... What else did the Lord Jesus Christ says after that? You better GET SENSE.
Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
stevenosa:
They slap you on the right you are silent, they slap you on the left you are silent... What else did the Lord Jesus Christ says after that? You better GET SENSE.
As a follower of Jesus Christ, you are called according to God's New Covenant Law and Truth, Jesus Christ, in the Kingdom of God and are so expected to live your life in submission to and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of God - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14. undecided

Re: Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves by am4truth(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Not everyone is a fool like you. Spiritual father that cannot condemn all the killings in Nigeria because he is getting contracts and money from the federal government. Evil people. You and that ur spiritual father will rot in hell

He is a Pastor and not a business man. I repeat you lack home training and I'm sure your parents must have disowned you.

He goat.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / TB Joshua's Mother, Folarin Balogun Last Hug With Her Son (Throwback Photo) / Benny Hinn: 'Islam In Nigeria, Evil Powers Will Be Defeated'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.