Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? (6871 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by JasonNOTStatham: 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
As the topic implies, it could be a case of
1. Persecution.
2. Physical attack
3. Rough situation.
Whatsoever it is, because there are situation or places one may be or find themselves in; sometimes we hear about killing of christians, attack on christians/believers and the rest.

I know about TOLERANCE, in some case; certain people disrespect their followers, their believe or disagree with their point of view. However, Christians/believers try to ease everything peacefully.
@Bolded: I stated that because, some people or believers of some kind of religion can murder, cause mayhem or destruction, because everything is provocative to them.
An eye for an eye would throw everything in chaos but, there must be something that says "keep off" don't dare us.

3 Likes

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Blitzerz: 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is where you know how useless religion is. So, your mogs and pastors who collect money from you all cannot provide you the protection you require, yet you continue to worship them. Well, the only option left is to depend on your government but how many of you pay taxes or pay attention to the political and economic situation in your communities? You all know so much about the business of your pastors and mogs but not that, sadly! undecided
This thread isnt for your christianity hatred.

Take your bitterness elsewhere if u cant be objective

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
Blitzerz:
■ This thread isnt for your christianity hatred. Take your bitterness elsewhere if u cant be objective
Shoo, fly! Don't bother me! undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Righthussle: 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Christians call upon their god when under attack. Like they did in Owo.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by ANormalHuman: 12:46am On Sep 24, 2023
Righthussle:
Christians call upon their God when under attack.

There, fixed.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by JasonNOTStatham: 6:28am On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is where you know how useless religion is. So, your mogs and pastors who collect money from you all cannot provide you the protection you require, yet you continue to worship them. Well, the only option left is to depend on your government but how many of you pay taxes or pay attention to the political and economic situation in your communities? You all know so much about the business of your pastors and mogs but not that, sadly! undecided
Did you read at all? Did I mention worshipping them? Remove your sense from flight mode and respond properly.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:37am On Sep 24, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:

An eye for an eye would throw everything in chaos but, there must be something that says "keep off" don't dare us.

It is Written, There is a time to ....
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cornelboy(f): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2023
Jesus thought his disciples to love their brothers in faith, friends, neighbours and enemies. We are to even pray for our enemies.
It was also repeatedly taught in the NT that we shouldn't take vengeance into our hands that we should leave it for God Almighty who will avenge for us.

So what a true Christian can do during violence and attack is to run. If it's a situation where it's impossible to run, then we can only depend on Jehovah God for a miraculous protection.

Shalom!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by samogo1: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Defend yourself how the constitution says. If you kill someone out of self defence, it's not murder

2 Likes

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Elsudani2: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Gun for guns. Knives for knives.

Bomb for bomb

I have been saying this thing like for ever but some people who are assistant god will tell you to turn your face if they slap the right side.

Simple something get a gun if you can't carry dagger around even in church if any mother fvcker screen blasphemy near you dagger e neck .

Christians should be brutal , if them like tag you terrorist good and fine .

Even Jesus disciples where armed with dagger that was why peter could remove the ear of someone.

He did not pray for that point of defense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by tonicyril: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2023
As an half-baked Christian, I use whatever means to protect myself if need be after I pray to God for protection.

2 Likes

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by STEWpid(f): 8:28am On Sep 24, 2023
Chai..

WAr.

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by cry07z: 8:28am On Sep 24, 2023
Tolerance and make a fist if peace no gree enter
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Risingblue008(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2023
Me wey dey plan to buy confirm KALA?
the kingdom of God sufferret violence,
And violence taket it by force

Make I see any baggar loose guard croos my way

He's/her next ride home will be on am balance

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by twilliamx(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2023
The same dem take carry am come

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Tallesty1(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2023
While Israel give it to their enemies hot hot, Christians in Nigeria are waiting for the God of Israel to fight their battle.

6 Likes

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by jmoore(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2023

And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.”

36.He said to them, “But now let the one who has a.moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

37 For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.”

38 And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough .” (Luke 22:36)

Think. If Jesus allows self-defense with a lethal weapon in the face of persecution, then would Jesus prohibit protecting the home day or night? Would he restrict self-defense day or night in the face of a criminal coming to steal or kill or destroy? You certainly can’t
make such a case from Exodus 22:3. Given what Jesus says in Luke 22:36, given the fact that a sword is a lethal weapon, Jesus affirms lethal force in self-defense. And in this New Testament passage, Jesus doesn’t limit the time of day. Certainly, lethal force
should be avoided if possible. However, those who break in and steal face the possibility that their actions will cost them their lives as they choose to endanger themselves and others by entering a home violently or by stealth.

2 Likes

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2023
while your Daddy GO move around with military excort & bullet proof car, u dey carry annointing oil & sticker. mugu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by aikyg(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2023
It's simple! Turn the other cheek, like Christ said. Eventually your enemy either feels shame and turns their life around or they get caught up by the law. God has his way of protecting his people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Ceasarceasar: 8:35am On Sep 24, 2023
Christians should defend themselves....

I wish Nigerian pastors will tell their members to defend themselves..

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Codes151(m): 8:36am On Sep 24, 2023
Kill or get killed.

Shoot or get shot

Attack or get attacked.

Dey play or get played
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by xynerise: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2023
I will definitely defend myself when you come attacking. I will beat your ass and crush you. It is not a sin to defend oneself, come on!!

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Curious345: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2023
Get yourself a gun
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Hezzyluv: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2023
Gun attack requires you to attack back with guns too. From the day of Jonh the Baptist??

If person wan attack you with gun, and he or she knows you have gun too, it will make him to have a rethink.
Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by CandidAdmin(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2023
God has a way of protecting his people but never take a christian for a fool.
For me, I operate on the rule "do unto others what you want them to do to you."
So I teach lessons to people that do anyhow. It's not revenge, it's just free schooling.

Food for thought - Peter carried a dagger to protect Jesus.

My siggy!

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2023
Weird part is, the white men who brought this Christianity to you retards, all have guns in their homes. Like, even down to their children who are 16years and above. But you in Nigeria collect handkerchiefs and annointing oil from your stupid pastors, and then pray in the face of death, hoping that god will come down from heaven and be your "bulletproof".

I have never seen a people as stupid as Nigerian christians..😂!

2 Likes

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by seunlayi(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2023
"Stand up stand up for Jesus,
Ye Soldier of the Cross"

As a soldier of the Cross (armed with physical items, naturally and spiritually)
I'll Stand up and face it, this how I'll move

From victory unto victory...
Till every foe is vanquished,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2023
Yes na, isrealite went to war with Egyptian!
Defend your city!

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 24, 2023
Calling their God when under attack is useless because most of them got killed while busy calling that God.

When under attack, one has to come up with a realistic plan... During end sars I saw some of y'all so call righteous Christians going to the streets just to pray, and where did that lead you?

Not everything requires God.
Righthussle:
Christians call upon their god when under attack. Like they did in Owo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can One Go To Heaven With Tatoo? / Islam Religion Of Peace Has Killed 12 In France / Who Are Those Going To Hell. Almost All Christains Will Be Traveling To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.