Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) (41451 Views)

Can Infrastructure Drive Any Economy? Opinion / We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola / 200 Nsukas Professors Mobilize For Atiku/obi 2019 Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by JAGS001(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2022
uniquetechng:
I am not Igbo you gay, I was born in Lagos and has lived in Lagos for 47 years with my wife and grown up children so there is nothing you want to me about Lagos. Its actually easier to govern Lagos being a former capital than to govern Anambra state, so laugh when people hype Fash base on being a governor for 8 years in Lagos.
Lagos state has same GDP as Dubai but can you confidently say both are on same level in terms of development ?
Fashola actually took more loans than any other governor of state in 8 years despite the huge revenue generated by the state on a monthly basis under his tenure.

He failed as minister so dont even mention that, Obi was a successful business man and a billionaire before becoming governor of Anambra state, can you say the same for Fash ?
Shame on you sir, you must have been going through alot because of poverty, your words speaks boss relax and chill, you should be covering your eyes calling me "gay" without insulting you, what a old foolish old man and I'm sure you're a disgrace to your heritage.

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by kokomilala(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2022
Concrete Superstructures, Anvils On Which Strong Virile Economies Are Built

Yes, it's infrastructure that will provide the foundation on which a strong economy will stand. Infrastructure like good road networks, mass transit: robust railway line; sustainable power,dependable security, solid health care system and so forth. All these will have a knock-on effect on any economy.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by victorsola: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:
Fashola and Obi are not mates.

One major drawback of Obi is that he talks a lot and if you delve deep into what he is saying most times, it is hard to correlate his words into tangible solutions for the economy.

Furthermore, a lot of youths shouting Obi really do not even bother to critique his ideas or solutions. To them it is simply about being "Obidient"

Abeg obidient to what? Most don't even know.
tell them ,they don’t have a clue I engaged with one Igbo guy yesterday, his reason is simply because obi is Igbo. Some old Yoruba men where now saying . Shebi tinubu has money why can’t he pay ASUU money and why can’t he do this and that and am like . This country still has a long way to go simply because u hate somebody so if you have health challenges na the person .

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by melviniyke2002(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdul05:
Fashola ,tinubu , osinbajo and Co are all considerable Intellects.....

and ,they are also rational and political healthy unlike the fake one from the land of Biafra,,. grin

fashola failed as a minister,minister of darkness

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 9:37am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Oga face Osun state and worry about the infrastructure in your state of Osun and stop claiming Lagos
Why must i face Osun when the descendants of Lagos indigenes migrated from ile- ife. You will never understand that Yoruba will always be Yoruba anywhere & everywhere, the mystery is bigger than ibos.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Basher8583: 9:37am On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

Haha, we important all we use and export empty space on the cargo to those industrial countries.

We know the right thing but politics won't allow us reason well.

Please don't say what you don't know.

Everybody on nairaland likes to sound intelligent.

No ship leaves empty. Every ship berthing on Naija soil already has its manifest of what its moving out as export.

You wey get ship business go do dat kind business. Drop and go empty when no be say na curse dem curse ur business.

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Prof9292: 9:37am On Jul 03, 2022
PresidObi:
Nigeria,

A country where proven public service failures stand up to lecture others who had made a success of both their private and public lives. Fashola should be ashamed of himself for talking about economy even while his government has collapsed under economic woes.

You really cannot use infrastructure to grow the economy, what Fashola failed to mention was that the millions of liters of gas used to build the bridge were imported, at a very negative balance of trade for a country that has gas under its soil? Most of the other materials and manpower are also imported, benefiting foreign countries. The number of expatriate workers in JB will amaze you, with thrice that number serving them as cooks, gardeners, drivers and security men. Loss of foreign currency.

You grow the economy organically, by improvements in the GDP, creating enabling environment with power supply (an area Fashola failed woefully) and making sure more people work and exchange goods and services, not to talk about tax. APC keep proving everyday that they are passers by in the corridors of power.

Vote for Peter Obi.

He will make Nigeria so rich and prosperous that the likes of Fashola will relocate to Jamaica to hide their faces.

Same way he made Anambra people so rich abi? Dey deceive yourself. Nigeria is bigger than Obi for President. The country isn't totally the president's. It's more of the national assembly
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Abassmt: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2022
clinician2x:

Abassmt come and learn how to drive economy pragmatically. It flow bottom up, from the MSMEs, that person producing shoes needs to be funded to get more patronage.

Not when you borrow large funds to build stupid railway that nobody is using. Have u entered those trains b4? How much are they adding to GDP when their maintenance cost self pass the revenue.

I no know the kind education una get self
You don't understand what I'm saying I'm part of small scale business you are talking about Abi is power not infrastructure unless you can deny that. I know how much I spend every week if not the grace of God so what are you saying, is just simple logic and if you don't achieve all these things inflation will continue to grow year by year no matter who become your President, investor will not come even Nigerians will go to another country to produce and bring it in to your country is very simple any body telling you otherwise might be a politician and is deceiving you that is why since I was born in these country everything is going from good to bad and it will continue till we address the curuption that is slowing down the infrastructure and insecurities that made worst these time around.

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by kingjiss: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdul05:
are all considerable Intellects.....

and ,they are also rational and political healthy unlike the fake one from the land of Biafra,,. grin

Your foolish Fashola ,tinubu , osinbajo and Co
Are all apc members they destroyed Nigeria

If you really want change ,stop supporting evil

1 Like

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Sonn(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdul05:

So you consider lies as intelligence? can you please send me the details of when oil was sold at #100 per barrel for good seven years?
even the infrastructures he talking about today are PDP initiatives, this current government has not been able to initiate any project, but i commend them for their "copy copy" attitude, they copied all PDP projects and for seven years has been battling with them, commendable!
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Lashist(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Pandora hoebi with a 3rd class in Philosophy is not qualified to be taught directly by the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

He should be attending classes where Tinubu's students are lecturers.

All Tinubu's students are doing great, pandora hoebi the olodo should consult them, not Tinubu. Tinubu is too big for him. cheesy
Lol...go and find work...likes and shares womt pay bills
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

Why must i face Osun when the descendants of Lagos indigenes migrated from ile- ife. You will never understand that Yoruba will always be Yoruba anywhere & everywhere, the mystery is bigger than ibos.

Oga Nigeria presently is divided into states. We are not talking about ancestry. Descendants in Lagos have been demarcated into the boundary known as Lagos. You are not in that boundary so go back to your state. You guys keep using fake Yoruba unity to cheat Lagos indigenes in the name of Yoruba Lawa. It is like stealing your cousin's money or his inheritance and saying that he won't mind because we have the same grandfather. Abeg leave that rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Saintinoo(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Basher8583:

Please don't say what you don't know.

Everybody on nairaland likes to sound intelligent.

No ship leaves empty. Every ship berthing on Naija soil already has its manifest of what its moving out as export.

You wey get ship business go do dat kind business. Drop and go empty when no be say na curse dem curse ur business.

Please kindly tell us what goes back with those ship from Nigeria, I am waiting.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by kingjiss: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Pandora hoebi with a 3rd class in Philosophy is not qualified to be taught directly by the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

All Tinubu's students are doing great, pandora hoebi the olodo should consult them, not Tinubu. Tinubu is too big for him. cheesy

Obi is better then you silly parents,that taught to
Hate your fellow black
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Fearyourcreator: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:

One major drawback of Obi is that he talks a lot and if you delve deep into what he is saying most times, it is hard to correlate his words into tangible solutions for the economy.

Furthermore, a lot of youths shouting Obi really do not even bother to critique his ideas or solutions. To them it is simply about being "Obidient"

Non of them can help Nigeria ... Obi is even the least that can help sef... Nigeria problem is passed all these ethnicity most you are fight over here
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Fearyourcreator: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:

Obi can't help this country ... Cus he didnt perform beyond our expectations as a governor ...
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by kayperry: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:

@PresdObi
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by kingjiss: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2022
mach7:

My friend close that your gutter mouth

What has apc done for you and your family?

So you like the way nigerians are suffering?

Leave obi for us he's not the only one contesting for that seat

Talk about other and leave him alone
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by princdebola201(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2022
Grandmeister:

What grows an economy is HUMAN CAPITAL...that is the number one thing. For a country to grow you have to first educate your populace, then provide good health care system and thirdly security. The infrastructure comes later...if your people are poorly educated how will they run and manage the infrastructure when it comes? If your people are dying off at 54 years who will man the offices and infrastructure? If your people are afraid to come out and work due to insecurity who will work the infrastructure? This is common sense. Do you think the countries economic hubs like lagos, Anambra, aba is thriving because of infrastructure? It is the people, not the flyovers or even roads. For a country that can't produce enough to feed it's entire population now tell me what it will be transporting on the railway? We have been putting the cart before the horse in this country that is why nothing barely works.
because you want to defend obi you end up sounding like a fool.
You said before country can grow
1. Education the populace (school)
2. Health care system (hospital)
3. Security.

Do these 3 things not fall in the purview of infrastructure?
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Abassmt: 9:52am On Jul 03, 2022
clinician2x:

That is why Peter obi said u cannot drive niverian economy with infrastructure. Simple.

Use that money and equipment businesses. Increase people's purchasing power by increasing salaries so they can buy more and pay more tax even VAT join. That is how the GDP grows. It is not u go and build a railways nobody is using.

Simple thing.
Even if you increase salary at the end without infrastructure that will make production come down and you depend on exportation inflation will swallow everything and it will come back to the same thing.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by galaxy2020(m): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2022
A failed govt minister still do not have shame to speak on economy. Your ministry is the list performing ministry.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Invitationn: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Same way he got schooled by Osinbajo when he said "corruption is not the problem of Nigeria".
In his desperate attempt to sound smart, he lost it.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by GeneralDae: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

The problem with Nigerians is that we are OK with wrong things, Nigeria have not had it well with the economy since Soludo, Ngozi, Sanusi and the other Yoruba minister of finance during Obasanjo govt left their posts, what we have now are politicians making Economic policies for us.

Imagine Osibanjo making Economic policies for Nigeria.
And how did those people improve the economy? They were all failures.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Basher8583: 10:02am On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

Please kindly tell us what goes back with those ship from Nigeria, I am waiting.

Let me help your ignorant ass.

https://oec.world/en/profile/country/nga#:~:text=Exports%20The%20top%20exports%20of,South%20Africa%20(%242.17B).

Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2022
clinician2x:

You are not answering my question. There is no where i said borrowing money is wrong. Even obi cannot say such. USA is in debt same as China. But what matters most is what do u do with the money u borrow.

I am asking you. What is the economic benefit of the railway and trains Nigeria borrowed huge amounts to build. Shebi na infrastructure? And by far one of the most expensive infrastructure in Nigeria today. What is the economic advantages of that infrastructure and how much does it add to nigerian economy? That is the question.

The annual budget for maintaining that rail system is more than the annual revenue it generates. That is why Obi said you cannot drive nigerian economy with stuffs like this. You need to stop borrowing to fund these things. Identify local content manufacturers and fund them to produce more. When they produce more, u increase salaries to increase purchasing power so that people will buy more. By buying more people will pay more VAT and the GDP will grow. When the GDP increases, the economy is growing.

Obi is a trader and he understands these things. Unfortunately however the people he is telling are zombies. They are just brain dead, roaming around aimlessly and ignorantly. They have eyes but they don't see, ears but do not hear, brains but they do not think.

That is why someone will borrow away ur future, build train systems u do not need and like a zombie u come out and be clapping because u cannot see the real intents and purposes of that project.

Spits
Abuja-Kaduna rail is a capital project that is supposed to recoup its funding over a long period of time. FG only subsidizes the costs to enable citizens afford the costs more.
It is preposterous to condemn a functioning project just because it was temporarily hit by insecurity challenges. When it fully resumes, it would further boost efficiency and productivity. Trains have been a Target of terrorist attacks in countries as France, Belgium, UK, etc.. it is just a temporary set back.
if we had Lagos - Calabar rail, would you imagine how massive it would boost the economy.
Infrastructure is the most important priority in every world economy. No manufacturer can build without infrastructures.
Government subsidizes fertilizer to Farmers, also subsidizes manufacturers with importation of heavy factory machineries. Without Infrastructures there can't be production.
Electricity is an infrastructure, without which production is useless.
Refinery is an infrastructure without which you can't refine hydrocarbons.
Pls, stop embarrassing your family because you want to blindly defend a fraud that knows nothing about economics. You're a waste of space.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Abassmt: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2022
Saintinoo:

I was in the Northeast in 2015 till almost 2020, the Hausa and Buhari supporters were making the same statement you just made about giving time and everything will work.

I told them same thing I will tell you now, with a plan, I mean visible plan and blueprint, no project can be accomplished.

Infrastructure in Nigeria is a big show off, every politician is building just to show off, they are not hitting the target, they are even building these things at the wrong places.

If you talk about corruption and insecurity, it is the business of the government, be it present or incoming to tackle that.
Let me tell you one thing the security responsibilities is not only for gorverment is collective responsibilities but in this situation where the citizens have decide to fight there country Boko Haram in the north unknown gunmen, Ritualist and so in the south Bandit in the north east brother I don't know irrespective of any president how are we going to develop as a nation.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by ogatboy(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdul05:

How come they are in the present government and their infrastructure has not driven the economy? A lawyer thinking he knows how to run a country. They are best good at debating because its what lawyers do
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Saintinoo(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2022
Basher8583:

Let me help your ignorant ass.

https://oec.world/en/profile/country/nga#:~:text=Exports%20The%20top%20exports%20of,South%20Africa%20(%242.17B).

Ignorant people like you are the reason why Nairaland has lost it. I asked you to tell me what those ships that bring finished product into Nigeria take back to Europe and Asia and you are here dropping article for me, I presume you are probably still a student.

Tell me what they export back to Asia and Europe, in what quantity, come on I am waiting.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by ogatboy(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2022
Pakute:

Abuja-Kaduna rail is a capital project that is supposed to recoup its funding over a long period of time. FG only subsidizes the costs to enable citizens afford the costs more.
It is preposterous to condemn a functioning project just because it was temporarily hit by insecurity challenges. When it fully resumes, it would further boost efficiency and productivity. Trains have been a Target of terrorist attacks in countries as France, Belgium, UK, etc.. it is just a temporary set back.
if we had Lagos - Calabar rail, would you imagine how massive it would boost the economy.
Infrastructure is the most important priority in every world economy. No manufacturer can build without infrastructures.
Government subsidizes fertilizer to Farmers, also subsidizes manufacturers with importation of heavy factory machineries. Without Infrastructures there can't be production.
Electricity is an infrastructure, without which production is useless.
Refinery is an infrastructure without which you can't refine hydrocarbons.
Pls, stop embarrassing your family because you want to blindly defend a fraud that knows nothing about economics. You're a waste of space.

No be who get money go commot for house enter train? Or foreigners will be running the infrastructure and we'll still be paying them?
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Saintinoo(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2022
GeneralDae:
And how did those people improve the economy? They were all failures.
How much did you buy a derica of rice in 2010?
How much was one naira to one dollar in 2010?
You have your answer.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Dikebuka: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2022
Golan007:

A bad refinery isn't infrastructure.

It's a piece of junk.

When you sale that same refinery to competent private hands, it comes to life.

Former NNPC fertilizer and petrochemicals ph was junk until it was sold to Indorama (Indian company).

Today now it is one of the biggest supplier of fertilizer in Africa..infact it even erected a new facility that led to recruitment as of 2019.

With good government policies, Infrastructure is as useless as p in psychology.
Re: Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) by Pakute: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2022
obynzo:

Oga Nigeria presently is divided into states. We are not talking about ancestry. Descendants in Lagos have been demarcated into the boundary known as Lagos. You are not in that boundary so go back to your state. You guys keep using fake Yoruba unity to cheat Lagos indigenes in the name of Yoruba Lawa. It is like stealing your cousin's money or his inheritance and saying that he won't mind because we have the same grandfather. Abeg leave that rubbish.
You don't share ancestry in Alaigbo, 1st class ibos are different from 2nd class ibos who are also different from 3rd class wawa ibos. In Yorubaland, there's no such caste system, everyone is equal. The Aworis in Lagos are same as Aworis in Ogun.
Ibos in Abia are lesser than ibos in Anambra but a Yoruba man in Togo is no different from the one in Ekiti. Ibos will never rise above petty intra- tribalism amongst each other till the end of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Video Of Festus Keyamo Ministerial Screening At The Senate / Oshiomhole Mocks Dino Melaye, Saraki And Other APC Decampees (Video) / Jerome Ezeneche: Why I Am Called King Of Six Nations – Igwe 10 - 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.