Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi (2165 Views)

Nigerians Not Only Ones Facing Poverty, Says Tinubu / Please, Why Are My Yoruba Friends Laughing Like Mad About This Pic? / Deji Adeyanju To Obi Cubana: You Will End Up In Jail Like Hushpuppi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by Rejiya: 9:55am On Jul 03, 2022
Hmmmmm, no mind them! Kaduna and kano don't up their game behind peter obi but those people that brought buhari to power (Skull miners), are with the guy currently on a hospital bed in France
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by jumper524(m): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2022
AlexBells:

That's becuase we led a war, and the coup was made to seem as if it were Igbo coup, Kaduna Nzeogwu still strike fear in the mind of an average Northerner, same as Ojukwu in the mind of an average Southerner, Zik worked with Bello and then media controlled by Yorubas made it seem as it was all Igbo agenda,

Remember that The Niger Delta revolt was quelled by Ojukwu which strained the relationship between the Igbos and Niger Delta tribes, remember that one of the agitation of Adaka borro was that the capital of the East was in Enugu abd that the refinery was built in PH an Igbo area, now tell us the truth, even apart from the fact that the capital of the East was moved from Calabar to Enugu is it just for the Igbos wgich is a veto in Nigeria to have a capital in Calabar.

Is it better to build the Refinery in Bayelsa when PH was more accessible to the Majority Igbos as it served as the shipment place for the Enugu coal since 1912, okay we had a bit of issues again with South South when Zik came back from the West after the Yorubas played a tribal politics that denied NCNC majority in the west, when Zik got back there was a minority as the premier of the East, would it be just for him to remain there when the Igbo would have the popular vote given a free and fair election and why would Zik stay in the west as minority leader when he was the most qualified in the East.

Some of the things that caused these mistrust have been fixed thanks to Zik's exploits, the Ijaws and every other minority in the East have their own states, especially Bayelsa for the Ijaws, I don't think there is any Igbo who would lead a coup so that distrust have been fixed, a country can exist for even a thousand years and the worse part is the more they try to blackmail the Igbos, the more the country fails and the Igbo man keeps succeeding everywhere, the question then is, why not give the Igbo man a chance, eventually it would happen because every distinct change in Nigeria was led by an Igbo man
Nnamdi kanu didn't help the relationship with current northern youths. An average northern youth is compelled not to support an igbo man politically. As a child I had nothing wrong with an igbo presidency even though they made us believe that the Naira means never allow igbo rule again. That mantra was dieng with our generation. But all thanks to kanu who keeps calling us zoo and his massive Eastern supporters who took sides with him because they lost the 2015 elections.
Those insults, degratory words and religious incitement by kanu and his supporters would continue to ring in our ear, the closest they can get is through an ikwere man like amaechi who distanced himself from those words but the rest would have to wait for time to heal those wonds in the heart of an average northernern.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by 989900: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2022
This is an ill-informed thread.

Yorubas like myself are actually the ones leading this Peter obi movement!

Are you kidding me now or what?

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by AlexBells(m): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2022
jumper524:
Nnamdi kanu didn't help the relationship with current northern youths. An average northern youth is compelled not to support an igbo man politically. As a child I had nothing wrong with an igbo presidency even though they made us believe that the Naira means never allow igbo rule again. That mantra was dieng with our generation. But all thanks to kanu who keeps calling us zoo and his massive Eastern supporters who took sides with him because they lost the 2015 elections.
Those insults, degratory words and religious incitement by kanu and his supporters would continue to ring in our ear, the closest they can get is through an ikwere man like amaechi who distanced himself from those words but the rest would have to wait for time to heal those wonds in the heart of an average northernern.
Kanu called Nigeria a zoo, is everything going fine in Nigeria, in zoo animals are even protected but in Nigeria people are hunted down, I think a perfect description could have been that Nigeria is a game, we have problem and you think an average Northerner cares that Kanu calls Nigeria a zoo, when their brothers are bandits, killing and maiming innocent people and raping women, don't you know that unkown gunmen is soiling some popularity in the East,

People are suffering, they are looking for solution, they may revisit Kanu later but an average Northerner is not making the decision on who yo vote currently based on Kanu, in fact everyone seem to have slightly shifted from that aspect because there is understanding that Kanu is safe but not due for freedom at the moment, so forget about that one, even Northerners are tired of the Kanu saga
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2022
I think you sad east people are generally mad people, Yoruba APC should key into peter obi that's not their party candidate

don't worry incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu will build psychiatric in every wards in southeast after his inauguration

mumu people

4 Likes

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by AlexBells(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
I think you sad east people are generally mad people, Yoruba APC should key into peter obi that's not their party candidate

don't worry incoming President Bola Ahmed Tinubu will build psychiatric in every wards in southeast after his inauguration

mumu people
It has not gotten to insult na, I'm not surprised, like candidate like supporters
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2022
AlexBells:

It has not gotten to insult na, I'm not surprised, like candidate like supporters

AlexBells that I think will be sensible due to moving with elites even sound more dumber than those Ipob illiterate

it means sanity and sensibility is a crossroad in southeast

Yoruba have 5 APC governors, are the second stakeholders in APC, have their tribesman as the APC they laboured for good 8yrs candidate, they should abandoned it for one tiny lair illiterate that think infrastructure can't drive a country economy

your IQ is too low to be asking political question, better stick with your yansh shaky shaky news you always post. mumu boy

2 Likes

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by Prinxzona10: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2022
Please,stop all this tribalist post because what you said was wrong via that many Yorubas especially the educated,reasonable,responsible and sensible ones are supporting Peter Obi.
The only ones that makes you think as if Yorubas ain't in support of Peter Obi are all these Tinubu's urchins because they are on financial inducements,tribal and religious afflictions.
So after Edo state,it's Yorubas via the major backers of Peter Obi's presidency.. I rest my case..Gracias!!!!
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by decub: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2022
jumper524:
you spoke well.
Rochas at a time was rated the best governor during his first tenure, I know things went sideways during his second. If Rochas first tenure wasn't good, he wouldn't have won under APC during his second tenure.
The case of my support for Tinubu ahead of Obi is one, level of acceptability.
Once a leader is not acceptable, it would take more than a miracle for his achievements to be seen or heard. Besides the opposition would way him down as at the case of Buhari to South East Nigeria.
Other regions are looking for fg to come in and prosecute their corrupt leaders the southeast are accusing Buhari of selective trials.
I'm from the north and please forgive me if I'm being selfish I don't see a Peter Obi presidency solving the insecurity issue in the North. I don't think he's segacious and courageous enough to tackle those northern bigwigs who sponsors to terrorist.
Even if he tries to, he would have to go through the legal way of prosecuting them which we both know is near impossible.
If he goes the illegal way, Hes govt would be largely criticised by northerners, besides hes level of acceptability in the North is very low.
Human rights would become more vocal as is the case of Buhari in the southeast. In the end northerners loose.
Some evil northern politicians might go ahead to liase with those bandits to increase killings so as to tarnish the Peter Obi image.
The senate would frustrate him which we both know cos his party is not just minority but minorest minority in the chamber.
Truth is no matter how genuine a Peter Obi presidency is hell need a miracle to function.
I'm not banking on miracle.
If you follow my post, you'll know I've always been a fan of amaechi cos amongst the influential politicians he's the only one accepted nationwide coupled with the fact that he has good records as governor and as minister. But with him out of the picture, Tinubu is more acceptable except for Southeast.
We tend to agree on most things.

My only challenge with Obi clinching power has always been sabotage by other arms of government and insecurity.

Of all aspirants, a Kwankwanso/Obi ticket or vice versa would have been just about the best thing Nigeria would need come 2023 but for the views of some enemies of the country who are hell bent on mortgaging our future.

While Tinubu tend to be a more popular figure among them, he is not as acceptable in the South East and just as Obi would find it difficult to garner votes in the North, so would Tinubu find it difficult to garner from Igbos who are scattered all over the country.

What I feel is that ANPP and LP should leverage on the advantages their 2 flag bearers have and use it wisely. Their discussions have been on for a very long time and would still take some more time to actualize cos it's a pretty difficult decision.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by Eniitankorede: 11:18am On Jul 03, 2022
Because Yoruba know a scam when they see one. Obituary is a scam.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by AlexBells(m): 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:

AlexBells that I think will be sensible due to moving with elites even sound more dumber than those Ipob illiterate

it means sanity and sensibility is a crossroad in southeast

Yoruba have 5 APC governors, are the second stakeholders in APC, have their tribesman as the APC they laboured for good 8yrs candidate, they should abandoned it for one tiny lair illiterate that think infrastructure can't drive a country economy

your IQ is too low to be asking political question, better stick with your yansh shaky shaky news you always post. mumu boy
I think instead of talking politics in public forum, you rather go and learn the basics of diverse statehood, meanwhile you should understand that with four major contenders Being Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and Rabiu Kwankwaso, each candidate have roughly 1/4 chances of winning, in this case,

I'm not against Tinubu being a western candidate but if such Tinubu wins, won't he be a president of all Nigerians both those that laboured for APC for a century and those that burnt their brooms, I guess you are looking at the president of Nigeria as the APC party chairman.

Peter Obi is a presidential candidate, his party would be on the ballot and has as much chances of being victorious and when he wins he won't be the president of labour party but president of Nigeria, looking out for the Yorubas even now and then is beyond their party loyalty, they are Nigerians and thats more important than their political party, so I will still ask if you may point out in more responsible terms, what are the reason for Yorubas being the only people not massively keying in to P. Obi's candidacy.

I expected you to use the opportunity to market your candidate, convince me that there is something the Yorubas see in Tinubu that the rest is not seeing not this bitterness you are spewing here.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by Okoroawusa: 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
jumper524:
you spoke well.
Rochas at a time was rated the best governor during his first tenure, I know things went sideways during his second. If Rochas first tenure wasn't good, he wouldn't have won under APC during his second tenure.
The case of my support for Tinubu ahead of Obi is one, level of acceptability.
Once a leader is not acceptable, it would take more than a miracle for his achievements to be seen or heard. Besides the opposition would way him down as at the case of Buhari to South East Nigeria.
Other regions are looking for fg to come in and prosecute their corrupt leaders the southeast are accusing Buhari of selective trials.
I'm from the north and please forgive me if I'm being selfish I don't see a Peter Obi presidency solving the insecurity issue in the North. I don't think he's segacious and courageous enough to tackle those northern bigwigs who sponsors to terrorist.
Even if he tries to, he would have to go through the legal way of prosecuting them which we both know is near impossible.
If he goes the illegal way, Hes govt would be largely criticised by northerners, besides hes level of acceptability in the North is very low.
Human rights would become more vocal as is the case of Buhari in the southeast. In the end northerners loose.
Some evil northern politicians might go ahead to liase with those bandits to increase killings so as to tarnish the Peter Obi image.
The senate would frustrate him which we both know cos his party is not just minority but minorest minority in the chamber.
Truth is no matter how genuine a Peter Obi presidency is hell need a miracle to function.
I'm not banking on miracle.
If you follow my post, you'll know I've always been a fan of amaechi cos amongst the influential politicians he's the only one accepted nationwide coupled with the fact that he has good records as governor and as minister. But with him out of the picture, Tinubu is more acceptable except for Southeast.
A very honest analysis from a Northerner. As an igbo man it pains me that my Igbo brothers and sisters are not seeing reality or they see it yet choose to follow the wrong way out of emotion and hate. The same two concepts that have made us or anyone we support lose election back to back since 2015.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by ajibade971: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Coolsperm:
[/quote]same way we Igbo jew will Never vote for Igbo Catholic[quote author=Coolsperm post=114370965]
same way we Igbo jew will Never vote for Igbo Catholic...
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by Christistruth00: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
grin

When People that spent 7 years calling you Zoo Animals and Treacherous Afonjas Suddenly Start Calling you their Friends

just Keep your eyes open and You Watch Your Back

1 Like

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 12:52am On Jul 04, 2022
AlexBells:

I think instead of talking politics in public forum, you rather go and learn the basics of diverse statehood, meanwhile you should understand that with four major contenders Being Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and Rabiu Kwankwaso, each candidate have roughly 1/4 chances of winning, in this case,

I'm not against Tinubu being a western candidate but if such Tinubu wins, won't he be a president of all Nigerians both those that laboured for APC for a century and those that burnt their brooms, I guess you are looking at the president of Nigeria as the APC party chairman.

Peter Obi is a presidential candidate, his party would be on the ballot and has as much chances of being victorious and when he wins he won't be the president of labour party but president of Nigeria, looking out for the Yorubas even now and then is beyond their party loyalty, they are Nigerians and thats more important than their political party, so I will still ask if you may point out in more responsible terms, what are the reason for Yorubas being the only people not massively keying in to P. Obi's candidacy.

I expected you to use the opportunity to market your candidate, convince me that there is something the Yorubas see in Tinubu that the rest is not seeing not this bitterness you are spewing here.

go and read your post, you said you're surprise Yoruba are not keying to PO ambition, are Yoruba in LP?

we are talking about reality, you're talking through emotions, despite igbo have no candidate from southeast region in 2007 to 2015 didn't they stick with PDP? they stick with PDP because they're stakeholders there with 3-4 govs, so is expected

Yoruba have five APC govs and highest stakeholders in APC then you're surprise they're not keying to a LP candidate ambition

no be only statehood, alaye face your beauty pageant thread

2 Likes

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by MetaPhysical: 12:58am On Jul 04, 2022
AlexBells:
First of all, I'm not in the business of forcing anyone to accept my candidate and it is not even a do or die affair that Peter Obi must win however Peter Obi represent something that has been hope to every downtrodden Nigeria.

Peter Obi keeps resonating everywhere around the country but I have not seen a single convergence for Peter Obi in the regional west (South West excluding Lagos).

The mantra had been the North will not vote for Igbos but that seem to not be the issue at all, in fact even if no Arewa Youth was present, the fact they allowed the use of Arewa House for Peter Obi was a statement.

Everywhere East, North and Midwest Peter Obi is trending, like I said, Obi Must not even win but one thing is certain everyone in aforementioned regions agrees that Obi is the best.

So why are our brothers and sisters in goodwill in Yorubaland not in the Obidient train, are they under some sort of psychological blackmail to not support Obi, what could be the issue or do they have any beef with Obi or his tribe?

Yoruba love success. Obi is not a success story. Simple.

1 Like

Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by AlexBells(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Yoruba love success. Obi is not a success story. Simple.
Not a success story you say, which state in Anambra's level is more successful than Anambra when I say I Anambra's level I mean a regular state, is Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo, Niger, Adamawa, Kano etc more successful than Anambra both now and PO's era,

Can you explain in clear terms how Tinubu or Atiku is a success story or are you equating massive corruption to success.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by MetaPhysical: 9:46am On Jul 04, 2022
AlexBells:

Not a success story you say, which state in Anambra's level is more successful than Anambra when I say I Anambra's level I mean a regular state, is Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo, Niger, Adamawa, Kano etc more successful than Anambra both now and PO's era,

Can you explain in clear terms how Tinubu or Atiku is a success story or are you equating massive corruption to success.

Anambra is a super power only in SE region. In comparison to other regions Anambra is in peerage with states like Bayelsa in SS, Nassarawa in NC, Yobe in NE and Zamfara in NW. The least performing state in SW, Ekiti, is ahead of Anambra.

You cannot compare best University in Nigeria with best University in UK just because the word "best" is attached to both, the levels are different. Graduates from each wear gown and cap on convocation, does that make them equal?

So it is time you stop thinking of your Anambra as if its some magnificent ancient city. Pouring black tar and installing street lights on some roads is nothing but beautification, Anambra remains a glorified village.
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by ifiokjohn(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2022
abdulwastecx:

In all seriousness, I love the zeal and the tenacity of our Igbo brothers. This is how you play politics. You congregate around an individual push him and possibly forced him down people's throats using propaganda and other lawful means possible. The truth still remains that Peter Obi is not the best person to lead the country in the year 2023.

judging by track records and achievement alone, Tinubu is a better fit. Tinubu understands the economy better, he has instituted more reforms than every political office holder in Nigeria. He'll hit the ground runnings, he has eyes for performers and technocrats alike. These are the qualities needed to lead a country.

All you need is a man with the political will, the understanding of the private sector, a man open to reforms and taking difficult decisions, a man open to institutional reforms and who can assemble the right team to initiate such reforms. It's a no-brainer that Tinubu was able to transfer Lagos and also laid down a framework and political structure that actualize this. Tinubu is the right person to lead this country at this time.
lol if only he is well. Someone that will spend more time.in the hospital than actually leading. Na probably Masari that will be ruling more lol
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by 3ple9iner: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2022
SmartPolician:

First of all, Peter Obi has traveled to many countries to study their economies and paid tens of thousands of dollars to learn from some of the best schools in the world. You need to look at his CV to understand what I mean. Therefore, it's only natural that he shares his knowledge.

Secondly, if Peter Obi starts using what APC government is getting wrong as examples, it will look like an attack. Notice that he rarely attacks personalities, instead they have been the ones hauling him over the coals because of his increasing popularity. He is a simple but rich man, so he doesn't want one desperate idiot to target his life because he is vying to be president.

Thirdly, Obi is helping Nigerians think outside the box because we are so obsessed with petrodollars. He is bringing a new solution - something that nobody has ever done before. What we hear other candidates say are the usual things we have heard for the past 2 decades. None of them talks about how to improve our earnings as a country. That's where the idea of changing from consumption to production comes in. Nigeria has a population of over 200m and depending solely on petrodollars to take care of her people is a no-no.

Now you know why Obi uses other countries for examples. Even if you are not ready to learn, at least open-minded people will read this and learn so it's not necessarily for you.

You said he his bringing in a new thing outside petrodollars, why did he not bring it has Governor his achievements has always been he saved money. The truth is a person can only be judged using his past and not what he his projecting the future would be. If you are an employer would you employ a person who failed in his past job but he is now giving you advice on how to move your company?
Re: I'm Concerned That Our Yoruba Friends Are The Only Ones Not Keying In To Obi by AlexBells(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2022
MetaPhysical:

Anambra is a super power only in SE region. In comparison to other regions Anambra is in peerage with states like Bayelsa in SS, Nassarawa in NC, Yobe in NE and Zamfara in NW. The least performing state in SW, Ekiti, is ahead of Anambra.

You cannot compare best University in Nigeria with best University in UK just because the word "best" is attached to both, the levels are different. Graduates from each wear gown and cap on convocation, does that make them equal?

So it is time you stop thinking of your Anambra as if its some magnificent ancient city. Pouring black tar and installing street lights on some roads is nothing but beautification, Anambra remains a glorified village.
Now I know you are not worth my engagement in the first place, thanks for your contributions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Pictures Of Tinubu Supporters After Presidential Election / LP VP Candidate, Yusuf Datti Tackles Fashola While Delivering Public Lecture / Non of the Candidates Has Met The Requirements To Be Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.