Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) (53535 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

So, you don't know that it was the standard practice for churches to cater for Paul's upkeep?
Very ignorant of you.

“I robbed other churches, taking wages from them to minister to you.”
— 2Cor 11:8 (NKJV)
Paul took wages, salaries from the contributions of believers.

Like I've said b4, u don't know or understand scriptures. Standard practice ke? Was Paul the only Saint that was always traveling? The believers came together, made contributions for the spread of the gospel for anyone sent out. It's only when Paul was in desperate need that he likened it to a sweet sacrifice pleasing to God. There is no where when the believers contributed because they want to be blessed or that they are giving to God or that the devourer should be rebuked. It's getting clear ba?

This contributions were gifts, he drew salaries. No one paid tithe to him. He wasn't a levite neither was he thier melchizedek..
U are understanding now ba.
There gave gifts of love. Cheerful giving.. The Christian way

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Gospel2Day: 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2022
genkins:

Lol.. Ur ignorance is legendary. Are u saying that God is only present where 2 or 3 are gathered.. Lol

You underestimate God. God is omnipresent.. He is everywhere at the same time. He is inside a mosque, a shrine, inside ur toilet, inside brothel inside everywhere. U guys just take scriptures and interprete it like primary school children.. Lol

Your ignorance is sickening.
So omnipresence is the same thing as The Promise Jesus Himself made to be PRESENT in a special way whenever His disciples gather?
Why did He have to promise what they already had/have?
It is getting clearer that you have a reasoning challenge.
It is not normal for a Christian to think like you do.
The Holy Spirit hasn't done The Work of enlightenment in you.
Now, I understand your problem.
It is beyond your capacity to fix.
You need help.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

The COMMANDMENT of Jesus Christ to full time Gospel ministers is to draw salaries from contributions of believers

1Cor 9 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Do you not know that those who minister the holy things eat of the things of the temple, and those who serve at the altar partake of the offerings of the altar?
¹⁴ Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel.

The Bible is exposing your hypocrisy and ignorance.

Nobody is arguing about Weda minister s of the gospel should not draw salaries from church. What we are saying is that, they cannot collect tithes. Get it straight. Shebi u went to school.
Even the guitarist, ushers, choriters all need to be paid. But u don't scam church members by telling to tithe. If they love the things of God,they will contribute any amount, anytime as they so wish.

U are getting clear now ba?

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Your ignorance is sickening.
So omnipresence is the same thing The Promise Jesus Himself made to be PRESENT in a special way whenever His disciples gather?
Why did He have to promise what they already had/have?
It is getting clearer that you have a reasoning challenge.
It is not normal for a Christian to think like you do.
The Holy Spirit hasn't done The Work of enlightenment in you.
Now, I understand your problem.
It is beyond your capacity to fix.
You need help.

OH, u have changed it now. Its present in a special way. OK.. Mammon is Satan.. Moving from one place to another like in the book of Job. Only present when his worshippers are gathered to give him money..

My God is present everywhere. Present in the present, present in the future, present in the past. Yahweh is everywhere at the same time.

Now you see, we worship different Gods.the problem is that u don't read in context. Just like a primary school boy.

So if u can gather your family in christ name, then why do u goto the shrine on Sundays?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Gospel2Day: 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
genkins:

Nobody is arguing about Weda minister s of the gospel should not draw salaries from church. What we are saying is that, they cannot collect tithes. Get it straight. Shebi u went to school.
Even the guitarist, ushers, choriters all need to be paid. But u don't scam church members by telling to tithe. If they love the things of God,they will contribute any amount, anytime as they so wish.

U are getting clear now ba?

Thank God you now know and agree that when Christians give for Minister's upkeep it is not Satan they're giving to.
What's your issue with tithes?
Who are you to tell willing believers to give less than what Jews gave?
Leave them to give whatever they want.
They have seen in the Bible what those who are and will be inferior to them gave to God.
How dare you ask or encourage them to give less?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Gospel2Day: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
genkins:

OH, u have changed it now. Its present in a special way. OK.. Mammon is Satan.. Moving from one place to another like in the book of Job. Only present when his worshippers are gathered to give him money..

My God is present everywhere. Present in the present, present in the future, present in the past. Yahweh is everywhere at the same time.

Now you see, we worship different Gods.the problem is that u don't read in context. Just like a primary school boy.

Tell me WHY Jesus promised what they already had. Why did He promise His Presence, if it was already there?
I don't know your educational qualifications, but you don't appear to be dexterous in deductive reasoning.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Thank God you now know and agree that when Christians give for Minister's upkeep it is not Satan they're giving to.
What's your issue with tithes?
Who are you to tell willing believers to give less than what Jews gave?
Leave them to give whatever they want.
They have seen in the Bible what those who are and will be inferior to them gave to God.
How dare you ask or encourage them to give less?

U r still not getting the point. Even under the law, the levites were taken care of. In Christianity, there is no tithe because tithing is mandatory and attracts a curse if u fail to do it right.
In Christianity, it is freewill giving. They can give more, they can also give less.. There is freedom in christ. Nigerian pastors don't understand that tithing is not for Christians.they use tithing to force people to give them money thereby making it not freewill anymore. U get the point?

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Tell me WHY Jesus promised what they already had. Why did He promise His Presence, if it was already there?
I don't know your educational qualifications, but you don't appear to be dexterous in deductive reasoning.

Jesus was going to the cross. To assure them, he told them that he will be there with them when they gathered. He sent the holy spirit to them. Jesus was sent by God.but GOD his father IS EVERYWHERE.

All these things am teaching you free of charge.. Freely I received, freely you get. You can ask your GOs to also channel the questions
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Gospel2Day: 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2022
genkins:

Jesus was going to the cross. To assure them, he told them that he will be there when they gathered. Jesus was sent by God. GOD IS EVERYWHERE.

I pity your ignorance.
What kind of God's presence came upon Mount Sinai?
Was that Presence always there before that day in that measure and concentration and activation?
You don't know God.
There is a Presence of God in a Born Again believer that is ABSENT from a sinner.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by genkins(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2022
Gospel2Day:

I pity your ignorance.
What kind of God's presence came upon Mount Sinai?
Was that Presence always there before that day in that measure and concentration and activation?
You don't know God.
There is a Presence of God in a Born Again believer that is ABSENT from a sinner.

Lol.. We are making progress but yet you still take us back to the old covenant.
Mr man, God does not appear like he did under the old covenant. In the new covenant, God speaks to us through the holy spirit. U get it ba? That does not mean he is not everywhere at the same time.

You that know God, how come you are so ignorant of his scriptures, abi your God no fit teach you?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Gospel2Day: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
genkins:

Lol.. We are making progress but yet you still take us back to the old covenant.
Mr man, God does not appear like he did under the old covenant. In the new covenant, God speaks to us through the holy spirit. U get it ba? That does not mean he is not everywhere at the same time.

You that know God, how come you are so ignorant of his scriptures, abi your God no fit teach you?

I was only making a clarification.
There are levels to God's Presence.
Immanence is the Lowest Level of God's perverding His created universe.
Imminence is another higher level of God's proximity to His covenant people.
Indwelling is another Level for Born Again believers.
There is another higher level even beyond that.
Jesus hinted on it when He said He and the Father will make their abode with obedient disciples.
The highest level is when we see Him face to face in heaven.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2022
The capacity of the anointing.

Apostle Arome Osayi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhfVXF9Jgc
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Ken4Christ: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
Chemcrown:

Brother, Abraham didn't give (ALL) HIS tithes, but tithe of the spoil. He never even took out of it.

How could he have paid tithe from the spoils he rejected?

You don't give rejected items to God. God is too holy for that.

The writer of Hebrews got it wrong in his interpretation concerning the tithe Abraham gave.

Abraham has many servants. Even if he was far away from home. He could give them the order to release the tenth of all he had to Melchizedek. And I believe that was what he did. You will never get blessed giving what does not belong to you.

I know you will attack me for daring to disagree with the writer of Hebrews on this. He wasn't there when it happened. He read the account just the way you and I read it. But he was wrong in his interpretation on this.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 11:30am On Jul 12, 2022
Ken4Christ:

How could he have paid tithe from the spoils he rejected?

You don't give rejected items to God. God is too holy for that.

The writer of Hebrews got it wrong in his interpretation concerning the tithe Abraham gave.

Abraham has many servants. Even if he was far away from home. He could give them the order to release the tenth of all he had to Melchizedek. And I believe that was what he did. You will never get blessed giving what does not belong to you.

I know you will attack me for daring to disagree with the writer of Hebrews on this. He wasn't there when it happened. He read the account just the way you and I read it. But he was wrong in his interpretation on this.

Are you now faulting the Bible (Word of God); that The Bible if full of error?

And point of correction, Genesis also recorded it that he gave tenth of the spoil (Gen 14: 20). So, don't fault Hebrew record.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:

And point of correction, Genesis also recorded it that he gave tenth of the spoil (Gen 14: 20). So, don't fault Hebrew record.
Not trying to hold brief for anyone here but actually, the writer of the letter to the Hebrews is to be faulted cause his claims regarding tithing do not add up at all. If you carefully studied God's Old Covenant Law and what God did in setting up His tithng/tax system in the country which He constituted of the people of Israel, then compared that with what Abraham supposedly did by giving Melchizedek a 10th of his war spoils, you will find the claims in Hebrews hard to swallow as truth, but rather a desperate attempt to convince the jews to abandon tithing altogether to embrace Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Ken4Christ: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:

Genesis 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. AND HE GAVE HIM TITHES OF ALL

Does all in the verse above means spoil?

The king of Sodom asked him to take the goods which are the spoils but Abraham responded:

Genesis 14:23-24
23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

If Abraham rejected the goods (spoils), why would he take a tenth from what he rejected and give to the Priest?

The last phrase of Verse 20 should actually read, he gave him Tithe of all that he has.

Even when Tithing later became part of the law of Moses, did God asked the children of Israel to give tithes from spoil or from the produce of their farms and livestock?

You don't interpret scripture in isolation. It must be consistent with other scriptures that addresses the same thing.

Don't our big Pastors or ministers today make mistakes in interpretation of scriptures? Why do you think that the writer of Hebrews could not make a mistake? Was it previewed by God himself?

There of course errors in the Bible because of the human vessels that was involved. But that doesn't in any way affect its authenticity as the only Book on earth that contains divine truth and light for us to follow.

Even Jacob, the grandson of Abraham vowed to pay Tithe from all that God would give to him. He did not say it will be given from all he will get from fighting wars.

Genesis 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and OF ALL THAT THOU SHALT GIVE ME I WILL SURELY GIVE THE TENTH UNTO THEE.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Genesis 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. AND HE GAVE HIM TITHES OF ALL

Does all in the verse above means spoil?

The king of Sodom asked him to take the goods which are the spoils but Abraham responded:

Genesis 14:23-24
23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

24 Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

If Abraham rejected the goods (spoils), why would he take a tenth from what he rejected and give to the Priest?

The last phrase of Verse 20 should actually read, he gave him Tithe of all that he has.

Even when Tithing later became part of the law of Moses, did God asked the children of Israel to give tithes from spoil or from the produce of their farms and livestock?

You don't interpret scripture in isolation. It must be consistent with other scriptures that addresses the same thing.

Don't our big Pastors or ministers today make mistakes in interpretation of scriptures? Why do you think that the writer of Hebrews could not make a mistake? Was it previewed by God himself?

There of course errors in the Bible because of the human vessels that was involved. But that doesn't in any way affect its authenticity as the only Book on earth that contains divine truth and light for us to follow.

Even Jacob, the grandson of Abraham vowed to pay Tithe from all that God would give to him. He did not say it will be given from all he will get from fighting wars.

Genesis 28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and OF ALL THAT THOU SHALT GIVE ME I WILL SURELY GIVE THE TENTH UNTO THEE.

Thanks for your response, do you have the Hebrew version of Gen 14: 20 and let us start from there? Thanks

Using this your quote "Even when Tithing later became part of the law of Moses, did God asked the children of Israel to give tithes from spoil or from the produce of their farms and livestock?" then we can start making promise(s) or tithe only when God evidently fulfil his promises in our lives as done by Jacob.

Also, you can't fault Hebrew in any way. It only iterate and made clearer the issue of Gen 14: 20. For example, we would not have known that it is God's Word that "then, shall a man leaves his father and mother ..." as shown by Jesus, but Genesis just quote it as a random word by anybody (especially Adam).

Please, in the name of God let us stop calling things that are not clear to us error (especially the BIBLE) especially when it doesn't tally with our OWN OPINION. It is a 'get away method' of baby Christian. You are telling a non-believer that the Bible is full of error, Haba!!! And you want me to believe such God of the book?
I have learnt to keep quiet where the Bible is quiet and only talk where it is talking and really dig deep where the reason arise, remember "who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." (2Corithians 3:6 MKJV)
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
embarassed
Kobojunkie:
Not trying to hold brief for anyone here but actually, the writer of the letter to the Hebrews is to be faulted cause his claims regarding tithing do not add up at all. If you carefully studied God's Old Covenant Law and what God did in setting up His tithng/tax system in the country which He constituted of the people of Israel, then compared that with what Abraham supposedly did by giving Melchizedek a 10th of his war spoils, you will find the claims in Hebrews hard to swallow as truth, but rather a desperate attempt to convince the jews to abandon tithing altogether to embrace Jesus Christ. undecided

Thanks Bro,
Are you Ken4christ, so as to avoid repetition ni oooo? Please, see my recent response to him. Thanks.

In addition, once you can fault part of Hebrew, how can you convince me that other parts are true. Once I fault your submission on a subject, I will ignore all others ni. Let us create a scene.

You: Good day brother,
Me: Good day sir
You: I bring the good tidings of our Lord Jesus Christ to you. You see God is calling sinners to repent. They should turn from their wicked ways. For God so love the world ...
Me: that He gave His only begotten son ...
You: So, you are a Christian?
Me: Sure, but I don't really like going to church
You: haaaa, why Bro
Me: no mind church jare, THEY ARE TOO DEMANDING. Pay tithe, pay offering, pay this, pay that...
You: Let me lecture you, even if you don't pay all, pay tithe. You see, Abraham even pay it when he gave Melchizedek
Me: but it is from the spoil, and am I coming from war?
You: No, no, no brother, you see I am a scholar when it comes to the issue of tithe, read Genesis very well, it says he gave tithes of ALLLLLLLLL
ME: But Hebrew says he gave tithe of the spoil.
You: stop there brother, Hebrew story of the event is VERY WRONG. THE AUTHOR OF THE HEBREW ON TITHE LIE THERE.
Me: haaaaaaaaaa, the whole Bible is a lie then
You: no, no, no, don't misquote me. Just the Hebrew and other FEW places in the bible are lies.

You see, if you see places that doesn't tally with your OPINION as lies, how do you want non believers to believe the whole scripture.

You can never see a Muslim faulting any letter (let alone a whole verse) of the Quran (A WHOLE BOOK THAT WAS SENT DOWN TO PROPHET MUHAMMAED (PBUH)) Except such is a backsliding Muslim.

Read Bible commentaries, Bible dictionaries, even original text of the translation (Hebrew) and see the translations.

"... let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy words, And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment." Roman 3: 4 (ASV)

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim 2: 15 (KJV)

MY OPINION (which I don't do when it comes to the issue of the bible): IF ABRAHAM WERE TO GIVE TENTH OF EVERYTHING HE HAVE TO MELCHIZEDEK THAT DAY, CAN YOU MEASURE WHAT MELCHIZEDEK WILL HAVE TO CARRY THAT DAY?

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:
1. In addition, once you can fault part of Hebrew, how can you convince me that other parts are true. Once I fault your submission on a subject, I will ignore all others ni. Let us create a scene.
2. You see, if you see places that doesn't tally with your OPINION as lies, how do you want non believers to believe the whole scripture.

3. You can never see a Muslim faulting any letter (let alone a whole verse) of the Quran (A WHOLE BOOK THAT WAS SENT DOWN TO PROPHET MUHAMMAED (PBUH)) Except such is a backsliding Muslim.

4. Read Bible commentaries, Bible dictionaries, even original text of the translation (Hebrew) and see the translations.

5. MY OPINION (which I don't do when it comes to the issue of the bible): IF ABRAHAM WERE TO GIVE TENTH OF EVERYTHING HE HAVE TO MELCHIZEDEK THAT DAY, CAN YOU MEASURE WHAT MELCHIZEDEK WILL HAVE TO CARRY THAT DAY?
1. I can't convince you that the other parts are true thus since you are meant to validate everything you read in scripture against the Truth of God and Word out of God's own Mouth, Jesus Christ. He is God's standard of Truth and so all that is written in scripture that contradicts Him is not Truth. undecided

For this reason, I asked in my previous comments that you carefully compare what is written in Hebrew to that in fact written in the book of the Law of Moses and spoken by God of His tithing Law which He created and gave to the Nation of Israel as a Tax system for the Nation. undecided

2. This isn't really about an opinion but again about what God Himself said of His Tithing which He designed and decreed. Nothing of what is described in Hebrews tallies with that which God decreed in The Law Of Moses. undecided

3. You are not called as Mohammed called his followers so never attempt to compare yourself in anyway to those who don't even serve the same God as you claim to. undecided

4. Jesus Christ no send you go read Bible commentaries abeg. Instead He said you should use the understanding you have been given. More will be given to you if you obey - Matthew 25 vs 29 & Matthew 13 vs 12 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 24 undecided

5. Abraham gave a 10th of war spoils to MELCHIZEDEK, that was probably many camels and horses worth of booty, but I don't see how that matters in this. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I can't convince you that the other parts are true thus since you are meant to validate everything you read in scripture against the Truth of God and Word out of God's own Mouth, Jesus Christ. He is God's standard of Truth and so all that is written in scripture that contradicts Him is not Truth. undecided

For this reason, I asked in my previous comments that you carefully compare what is written in Hebrew to that in fact written in the book of the Law of Moses and spoken by God of His tithing Law which He created and gave to the Nation of Israel as a Tax system for the Nation. undecided

2. This isn't really about an opinion but again about what God Himself said of His Tithing which He designed and decreed. Nothing of what is described in Hebrews tallies with that which God decreed in The Law Of Moses. undecided

3. You are not called as Mohammed called his followers so never attempt to compare yourself in anyway to those who don't even serve the same God as you claim to. undecided

4. Jesus Christ no send you go read Bible commentaries abeg. Instead He said you should the understanding you have been given. More will be given to you if you obey - Matthew 25 vs 29 & Matthew 13 vs 12 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 24 undecided

5. Surely, Abraham gave a 10th of war spoils to MELCHIZEDEK, that was probably many camels and horses worth of boots, but I don't see how that matters in this. undecided

Thanks
Just responding to 5. Do you agree that Abraham gave ONLY spoilt of war to Melchizedek? Or what?

And can we now discuss (I sincerely avoid the word debate) God's Law on tithe
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Ken4Christ: 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:
embarassed

Thanks Bro,
Are you Ken4christ, so as to avoid repetition ni oooo? Please, see my recent response to him. Thanks.

In addition, once you can fault part of Hebrew, how can you convince me that other parts are true. Once I fault your submission on a subject, I will ignore all others ni. Let us create a scene.

You: Good day brother,
Me: Good day sir
You: I bring the good tidings of our Lord Jesus Christ to you. You see God is calling sinners to repent. They should turn from their wicked ways. For God so love the world ...
Me: that He gave His only begotten son ...
You: So, you are a Christian?
Me: Sure, but I don't really like going to church
You: haaaa, why Bro
Me: no mind church jare, THEY ARE TOO DEMANDING. Pay tithe, pay offering, pay this, pay that...
You: Let me lecture you, even if you don't pay all, pay tithe. You see, Abraham even pay it when he gave Melchizedek
Me: but it is from the spoil, and am I coming from war?
You: No, no, no brother, you see I am a scholar when it comes to the issue of tithe, read Genesis very well, it says he gave tithes of ALLLLLLLLL
ME: But Hebrew says he gave tithe of the spoil.
You: stop there brother, Hebrew story of the event is VERY WRONG. THE AUTHOR OF THE HEBREW ON TITHE LIE THERE.
Me: haaaaaaaaaa, the whole Bible is a lie then
You: no, no, no, don't misquote me. Just the Hebrew and other FEW places in the bible are lies.

You see, if you see places that doesn't tally with your OPINION as lies, how do you want non believers to believe the whole scripture.

You can never see a Muslim faulting any letter (let alone a whole verse) of the Quran (A WHOLE BOOK THAT WAS SENT DOWN TO PROPHET MUHAMMAED (PBUH)) Except such is a backsliding Muslim.

Read Bible commentaries, Bible dictionaries, even original text of the translation (Hebrew) and see the translations.

"... let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy words, And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment." Roman 3: 4 (ASV)

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim 2: 15 (KJV)

MY OPINION (which I don't do when it comes to the issue of the bible): IF ABRAHAM WERE TO GIVE TENTH OF EVERYTHING HE HAVE TO MELCHIZEDEK THAT DAY, CAN YOU MEASURE WHAT MELCHIZEDEK WILL HAVE TO CARRY THAT DAY?

I understand your submission. Apostle Paul said that women should keep quiet in Church. Are they not talking and singing? Are women not ministers today?

I am not a fault finder but I know that the writer of Hebrews who I believe is Paul is not God. God didn’t write it. And Apostle Paul letters are revelations for the church to live by.
And I am still learning.

Please, don't drag the Quran here. Let's stick to the Bible.

I have made my points and backed it up with scriptures. Bring your own points too instead of resulting to sentiments. I believe in the truth of God's word. But we should also know that human elements are involved. The Bible did not fall down from heaven.

In other to establish a doctrine, it must contain at least two witnesses. Where else in the Bible did anyone pay tithes of spoils or where God demanded that it's the tithe of spoils that he needs?

In my opinion, every other thing Paul said is true and should be adhered to except his submission about women keeping quiet and the tithes of spoil he said Abraham gave.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:
Thanks
1. Just responding to 5. Do you agree that Abraham gave ONLY spoilt of war to Melchizedek? Or what?

2. And can we now discuss (I sincerely avoid the word debate) God's Law on tithe
1. That is what is written of Abraham. He only met Melchizedek that one time and gave him a 10th of his war booties in return for his kindness. undecided

2. Sure! As long as we stick to what is in fact written, I see it as no debate at all. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That is what is written of Abraham. He only met Melchizedek that one time and gave him a 10th of his war booties in return for his kindness. undecided

2. Sure! As long as we stick to what is in fact written, I see it as no debate at all. undecided

1. Then we are on the same page, ken4christ claimed that Abraham gave not the booties of the war but from Abraham's personal belongings that Hebrew was an error or lie to refer to Abraham tithe as what came from the war.
Thanks
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:
1. Then we are on the same page, ken4christ claimed that Abraham gave not the booties of the war but from Abraham's personal belongings that Hebrew was an error or lie to refer to Abraham tithe as what came from the war.
Thanks
Like I said before commenting, I was not attempting to hold brief for the one you responded to, in any way or form. Simply posited that the claim by the writer of the letter to the Hebrew Christians does not indeed conform with God's own rulings regarding His Tithing/Tax Scheme which He specifically designed for those who are of the State of Israel. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ken4Christ:

1.I understand your submission. Apostle Paul said that women should keep quiet in Church. Are they not talking and singing? Are women not ministers today?

2. I am not a fault finder but I know that the writer of Hebrews who I believe is Paul is not God. God didn’t write it. And Apostle Paul letters are revelations for the church to live by.
And I am still learning.

3. Please, don't drag the Quran here. Let's stick to the Bible.

4. I have made my points and backed it up with scriptures. Bring your own points too instead of resulting to sentiments. I believe in the truth of God's word. But we should also know that human elements are involved. The Bible did not fall down from heaven.

5. In other to establish a doctrine, it must contain at least two witnesses. Where else in the Bible did anyone pay tithes of spoils or where God demanded that it's the tithe of spoils that he needs?

6. In my opinion, every other thing Paul said is true and should be adhered to except his submission about women keeping quiet and the tithes of spoil he said Abraham gave.

1. The fact that they (women) are talking (ministering) doesn't make it right, that is why I recommend that you should get the Greek text and get the original translation of that particular place. Not to divert the issue, I rest my case.

2. Get your fact right sir!!! Who author the book of Hebrew? It is not cleared who authored Hebrew but traditionally BELIEVED (by inference) to be Paul. But that is not the issue at hand now. We are all learners especially from the supreme TEACHER JESUS CHRIST through His Word and Spirit - I am also a learner.

3. Sure, apology for doing this. But it is just to buttress the point of the Holiness and supremacy of the BIBLE.

4. Nobody is disputing the human element in the Bible which may arise either from THE ACTIONS, DIRECT QUOTES OR WRONG TRANSLATIONS AS A RESULT OF LACK OF SUITABLE WORDS ...

5. True, it must have two or more witnesses. Read other translations or get the HEBREW text of the passage and translate. Nowhere in the Bible are we encouraged to tithe from the spoils of war but ABRAHAM did these. Melchizedek didn't even ask but Abraham VOLUNTARILY gave Melchizedek.

6. If you fault some teachings of Paul, then I can also fault some of His teachings since it doesn't go with MY believes. Thus, which MAY invariably invalidate the Bible.

Thanks. Really appreciateing your discourse and that of Kobo...
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Like I said before commenting, I was not attempting to hold brief for the one you responded to, in any way or form. Simply posited that the claim by the writer of the letter to the Hebrew Christians does not indeed conform with God's own rulings regarding His Tithing/Tax Scheme which He specifically designed for those who are of the State of Israel. undecided

Ok, thanks bro. I rest my case, but I don't go against the writer position on Hebrew. Likewise, honestly, I appreciate this discourse

1 Like

Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:
1. The fact that they (women) are talking (ministering) doesn't make it right, that is why I recommend that you should get the Greek text and get the original translation of that particular place. Not to divert the issue, I rest my case.

2. Sure, apology for doing this. But it is just to buttress the point of the Holiness and supremacy of the BIBLE.

3. If you fault some teachings of Paul, then I can also fault some of His teachings since it doesn't go with MY believes. Thus, which MAY invariably invalidate the Bible.

Again, not to hold brief for anyone......

1. Paul was wrong in his assertions about women, because in the Kingdom of God there are no differences alone gender or age or any other classification exception those decreed by Jesus Christ Himself. - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided

2. There is no such thing as the holiness or supremacy of your bible. Instead, what is Holy is God, and what is supreme is the Word of God, Jesus Christ. Everything else is to be brought subject to God's Word, Jesus Christ. Your bible is instead a compendium of books which contain the accounts of men, Satan, and even demons, along with the Word of God Himself. undecided

3. This shouldn't be about your personal beliefs but instead about that decreed by the Word and Truth of God, Jesus Christ. And on that basis, many of Paul's supposed teachings fail because they directly contradict what was stated by Jesus Christ Himself, the one who is God's own Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, not to hold brief for anyone......

1. Paul was wrong in his assertions about women, because in the Kingdom of God there are no differences alone gender or age or any other classification exception those decreed by Jesus Christ Himself. - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided

2. There is no such thing as the holiness or supremacy of your bible. Instead, what is Holy is God, and what is supreme is the Word of God, Jesus Christ. Everything else is to be brought subject to God's Word, Jesus Christ. Your bible is instead a compendium of books which contain the accounts of men, Satan, and even demons, along with the Word of God Himself. undecided

3. This shouldn't be about your personal beliefs but instead about that decreed by the Word and Truth of God, Jesus Christ. And on that basis, many of Paul's supposed teachings fail because they directly contradict what was stated by Jesus Christ Himself, the one who is God's own Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Thanks
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Ken4Christ: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chemcrown:

2. Get your fact right sir!!! Who author the book of Hebrew? It is not cleared who authored Hebrew but traditionally BELIEVED (by inference) to be Paul. But that is not the issue at hand now. We are all learners especially from the supreme TEACHER JESUS CHRIST through His Word and Spirit - I am also a learner.

3. Sure, apology for doing this. But it is just to buttress the point of the Holiness and supremacy of the BIBLE.

4. Nobody is disputing the human element in the Bible which may arise either from THE ACTIONS, DIRECT QUOTES OR WRONG TRANSLATIONS AS A RESULT OF LACK OF SUITABLE WORDS ...

5. True, it must have two or more witnesses. Read other translations or get the HEBREW text of the passage and translate. Nowhere in the Bible are we encouraged to tithe from the spoils of war but ABRAHAM did these. Melchizedek didn't even ask but Abraham VOLUNTARILY gave Melchizedek.

6. If you fault some teachings of Paul, then I can also fault some of His teachings since it doesn't go with MY believes. Thus, which MAY invariably invalidate the Bible.

The account of Genesis said he refused to collect the spoils, so how could he give from the spoils he never collected?

It is wrong to take for granted that the Tithe of all means the Tithe of the spoils. Spolis that he rejected.

This is my point. Please kindly respond to this.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 7:12am On Jul 13, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The account of Genesis said he refused to collect the spoils, so how could he give from the spoils he never collected?

It is wrong to take for granted that the Tithe of all means the Tithe of the spoils. Spolis that he rejected.

This is my point. Please kindly respond to this.

Can we also conclude that it is Genesis account that is not correct or it is (Moses), author of Genesis that lie?
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Ken4Christ: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2022
Chemcrown:

Can we also conclude that it is Genesis account that is not correct or it is (Moses), author of Genesis that lie?

The account of Genesis could not be wrong. The writer of Hebrews read Genesis the way you and I read it but gave it a wrong interpretation. This is my point.

Hebrews was written thousands of years after Genesis. So it was the account of Genesis he relied on to make his interpretation.
Re: US Pastor, Creflo Dollar, Denounces His Position On Tithing, I Was Wrong (video) by Chemcrown: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The account of Genesis could not be wrong. The writer of Hebrews read Genesis the way you and I read it but gave it a wrong interpretation. This is my point.

Hebrews was written thousands of years after Genesis. So it was the account of Genesis he relied on to make his interpretation.

Ok, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Hope: Transformed By Anja Ringgren Loven After Being Accused Of Witchcraft / Sexuality: No Matter How You Color Them, Only One Set Would Fit (Photo) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.