Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures (37267 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Akwa Ibom At Night / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures / Ikot Oku Flyover, Abak, Akwa Ibom In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
Stronghold91:

wonderful city
i couldn't believe it
Have yoh been there too?
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
Bigzigg:
@ OP, can't you find something better to do with your life than singing Udom's praises all over the place? For all we know, he's useless governor... How long will you continue like this?
abeg rest IJN
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ilaumoh:
yes we get food pass the entire country.. na money no too dey
Abeg no too hype unaself. Benue still dey. Because of Fulani herdsmen see as food don climb ladder.
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:01am On Jul 06, 2022
Mikekan30:

As stupid as you're, do you think Uyo is the only city in Akwa Ibom?
Have u been to Eket or Ibeno Ibeach? I guess Delta don't even have a modern and well managed tourist attraction, the Biggest Golf Course in Nigeria is in Akwa Ibom, Mobil Terminal oil field is right there in Ibeno, Akwa Ibom, We have malls, Digital Libraries, countless hotels, Resorts in Abak, Four point hotel and Southhill hotels in Ikot Ekpene, Deep blue sea in Oron, Almagamation house in Ikot Abasi, Root Hub( Tech Centre) etc

Stupid boy please when next you are in Akwa Ibom look for a tour guide to take you around strategic places in the state which has 32 LGAs, don't feel Uyo is all Akwa Ibom..

And lastly, There is money in Akwa Ibom, is just that my people are more industrious, and majority work in the Civil Servant Sector, The oil Kings are people from Eket, Oron and few from Ikot Ekpene, because there close to the water Ways..

So if you think money is not there ,then you must be docile and Deraiged, Akwa Ibomite has alot of investments outside the state in Abuja, Lagos, pH, Kano etc

Mumu
you said it all except that you didn’t include Ibeno in your oil workers town
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:06am On Jul 06, 2022
Coolx:

Morning can you tell us the cost of living there
Thanks
cheaper than PH and Lagos
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2022
Allisgud:
Show us their ghetto trenches
we don’t have it
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2022
Jacksparrow7:

I see myself building hundreds of thousands of skyscrapers
amen oo
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:11am On Jul 06, 2022
Lyoncrescent:
can someone recommend a good hotel and affordable for training and accommodation in uyo. Thank you.
go to elibrary for training while watt bridge hotel is ok
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:15am On Jul 06, 2022
chriss100:
Akwa Ibom ayaya!!!. I just don’t know why I love the people from south south/Niger delta. They are very respectful, funny and welcoming people. I don’t know much about the different cultures in the SS but I can vouch for those guys. Those guys/girls are nice and friendly. I schooled in Ghana (KNUST) and we had many folks from the Niger Delta who enrolled at the university. It was crazy. My 1st year room mate was from Bayelsa while my 2 flat mates were from Akwa Ibom (New Brunei hostel). Made a lot of friends from PH, Delta, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwa Ibom. New Brunei and old Brunei used to be lit. Then we head to Queens, Independence or Republic hostel to chill and scout for big yansh Ghana babes in the evening. Lol

Chai, how can I forget Tina from back then!?! That Akwa Ibom girl love me die. She Dey cook better soup for me. Now she’s married to a Yoruba dude. Lol. Seems like those Akwa Ibom/Cross River babes like Yoruba boys. Lol.

I will surely visit Akwa Ibom very soon. Saw the video Tayo Aina made when he traveled to Akwa Ibom. I’ve always said, the only states I can relocate to outside of the SW and within Nigeria are cross river and Akwa Ibom.

The yoruba people will always love and respect the south south folks. I honestly believe there’s a mutual respect which exists amongst us. We live with them peacefully here in the south west without issues and vice versa. Apart from that incidence that occurred in Akwa Ibom a few weeks ago which I’m sure is a one off. Those guys are too friendly abeg. Akwa Ibom and Cross River should be tourist states/destinations in Nigeria.

God bless the Niger Delta people. God bless Governor Udom. I continue to hear a lot of good things about him. Unfortunately I heard Governor Ayade didn’t perform. Hopefully, the next governor performs because Cross river people deserve the best. One love Niger Delta.. one love South West.. one love Cross river… One love Akwa Ibom ayaya.
Akwa ibom loves you too

2 Likes

Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:16am On Jul 06, 2022
nnewsnjobs:

Sure they welcome visitor very well, you will surely own that property there if it is your heart desire.

Am currently developing my property very close to the worship center cathedral being roof, less than 500meters from the cathedral building.
wow that’s cool
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:18am On Jul 06, 2022
ityP:

First pic, is that Ikpa road junction? shocked
yes
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:18am On Jul 06, 2022
eebraa:
God bless Akwa Ibom State. Gone are the days when AK people were seen as House maids and sex freaks. May good governance continue to locate Akwa Ibom state
amen
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Ikpongiton:
so the one from uyo to etinan and the one from ikot ebire junction by east west road to etinan na your mama toto.chineke kpoi biaku.
no mind that Anang guy. Them they see Akpabio as their demigod
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:23am On Jul 06, 2022
Okbaba:

So Akpabio is not from Akwa Ibom state?

I also learn that Obong Atah - their former Governor did the airport and other interesting project.
Akpabio deep some and Attah did some too including Udom .. but presently with that 10lanes road about yo be commission. Udom is light years ahead of them
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:23am On Jul 06, 2022
Okbaba:

So Akpabio is not from Akwa Ibom state?

I also learn that Obong Atah - their former Governor did the airport and other interesting project.
Akpabio deep some and Attah did some too including Udom .. but presently with that 10lanes road about to be commission. Udom is light years ahead of them
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2022
Walemi1:
Godswill Akpabio actually took Akwa Ibom state from the land of promise to a land of fulfillment. Kudos to him.
attah the former governor built all the major roads in uyo
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2022
Walemi1:
Godswill Akpabio actually took Akwa Ibom state from the land of promise to a land of fulfillment. Kudos to him.
Attah not Akpabio pls
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 12:27am On Jul 06, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Abeg no too hype unaself. Benue still dey. Because of Fulani herdsmen see as food don climb ladder.
ok oo
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Majesty33(m): 2:00am On Jul 06, 2022
Ilaumoh:
becos she doesn’t lack all the lies you listed
You are so foolish to understand a country let alone a state and the games politicians play to keep being in power. You a little foolish person and you are no match to my philosophy, so deal with that. Inorder words, you just like a parochial Nigerian that is moved by mere beautification of certain places in a state where mostly the elite and maybe few middle class can afford to be. I guess these little things waoooh u.

1 Like

Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by ityP(m): 6:03am On Jul 06, 2022
Ilaumoh:
yes

Wow. That's nice. It's been so long I was there. I stay opposite the university. It's so beautiful now grin cheesy. I can't wait to go back to Akwa Ibom
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2022
Majesty33:
You are so foolish to understand a country let alone a state and the games politicians play to keep being in power. You a little foolish person and you are no match to my philosophy, so deal with that. Inorder words, you just like a parochial Nigerian that is moved by mere beautification of certain places in a state where mostly the elite and maybe few middle class can afford to be. I guess these little things waoooh u.
when the lack facts to resolve to insults. Kindly take your insensitivity somewhere else . Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by bigbauer(m): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2022
Can you point to the ones that are photoshopped?

yubeebaby:
Hmmmmm...as an Akwaibomite living in Uyo,I love these pictures❤️...even though a lot of them are photoshopped�.
The infrastructure cut across all of the Governor's of the 3rd Republic though �
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Coolx: 10:01am On Jul 06, 2022
Ilaumoh:
cheaper than PH and Lagos
OK
Thanks bro
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by johnnychuks(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2022
Ilaumoh:
I want you to come visit
seriously, I will come ooo if I am invited.
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Ilaumoh:
Akwa ibom
guy! What's up nah...
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Mikekan30: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
1x2x3:

Funny. You see the insult thing? I won't do it with you and I can debate without being ruly. Now let me dissect you.

First and foremost you haven't been to Delta or live in Asaba so you have very limited knowledge about the 2 cities.

For your information, I've been to Eket.....there's absolutely no development there (probably you don't know what development mean since you haven't crossed the boundaries of Akwa Ibom). I've been to Ibeno Beach and I was mad at your Governor.... That's the longest waterfront in Africa but very very poorly managed, I prayed they could do more about it but here you are thinking it is superb already (it tells a lot about your travel experience).

You mentioned having malls cheesy cheesy. You don't know what a mall is. I wanted renting a shop in Tropicana but I did a market research on the shops there and they complained about poor purchasing power of the people. A mall you can easily count the people in it, only filled with kids on Sundays.

I've been to IK and Oron. I've spent a night at Ibom Icon which is a fantastic place with fantastic scenery, library? I've also used there for a while for my freelance jobs......If you are logical enough you'd understand I'm giving an honest review in comparism to the potential Akwa Ibom has but then you are overclouded by mediocre.

I'm sorry for you.

I think you lack basic market research and survey, you claim to use our E- library do you have such in the whole of local Delta? I have been to Asaba, Ughelli, Agbor, Warri and even Sapele because my uncle worked in Shell and as well the Glass Company there in Warri, My brother your environment is nothing to write home about except Asaba alittle bit, your road are not top notch compared to Uyo, Warri is dirty and filled with Keke napep, Ughelli is a Village, Sapele is undeveloped...

You said don't know what a mall is ... I laugh at you in my local Dialect, Tropicana Mall which houses a Club, Cineama, Market square what do they call that? I know you are used to see mini stores in Asaba so you can't differentiate.. Did you see the 21st century Dakadda Tower Which comprises of Smart Features, I guess your Delta does not have such Monument,have you been to Ikot Abasi to see the Ascon Gas Plant? What of Eastern Obolo to see the Oil Fields being extracted Daily? What of my Home town Ikot Ekpene did you see the 4point by Sheraton hotel in the Ik plaza , I guess Delta as a whole don't have these things, your inhabitants are more found in creeks and bushes fighting Oil that you don't own.... Akwa Ibom has 10times Oil and Gas than Delta so I understand the envy? Have you been to Abak Local Government where there is countless Clubs, Resorts and Hotels, Have you been to Etim Ekpo to see the biggest Oil Palm in South South Nigeria. Have been to Etinan,

You claim someone told you there is low purchasing power , I guess you must sell what the people want, you must look at your environment and know what is lacking, then you create a solution to that problem... You can't go to Tropicana to sell boxers or palms when there is a Mall there? Borrow some sense? Have u been to Ewet Housing in Uyo,Shelter Afrique where the big boys live? What of Asongma Estate? Have u been to Itu LGA where there is the Isreali Company producing Cargo Ships, Speed Boats etc..

Have u been to Obot Akara where we have the Green River? U said u went to Ikot Ekpene did you lodge at the Southhill hotel where the G boys, Top guys go to party? Did you visit GRA in Ik?

Akwa Ibom is ahead of Delta in everything! Can you compare the Stadium,roads, owned Airline, Culture, Women ,Food, Industrious way...

We have put South South on the Map, with our developments countlessly.

Bro you're ignorant of my environment, U went to Akwa Ibom as a blind man and come here to conclude... We have 32 LGAs and Uyo is one of them ...

When next you're in Akwa Ibom please and please look for a tour guide..

Don't come on Nairaland to show your ignorance talking about a State you have know clear idea about..

4 Likes

Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by maximizer61(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ilaumoh:
yes oo drop your contact
send me an email
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by saintkeppy(m): 5:02am On Jul 07, 2022
post=114435450:

You can't force your way to people's life, Akwa Ibom people know Peter Obi better than you kilometres away, he is their inlaw, This is organic supporters of PO in Akwa Ibom creating awareness for Obi with their money, yet to see Tinubu organic movement in Akwa Ibom grin grin grin

Wow! shocked Peter Obi Movement in Oron Town, you guys have really gone hinterlands, that's my home town, host to Nigeria's first Nautical College, The Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron.
Its a Port/Marina Town borders Calabar, Cross River State & Cameroon by Sea.
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by saintkeppy(m): 9:26am On Jul 07, 2022
Ikpongiton:
so the one from uyo to etinan and the one from ikot ebire junction by east west road to etinan na your mama toto.chineke kpoi biaku.

Dont mind him

Gov. Udom has completed some roads,
Ring Road-3 will soon be Commissioned may be 23rd Sept. The State anniversary day.

but that Uyo-Etinan may not be completed during this tenure, a lot of work still to be done, same with the on-going Oron-Airport Road expansion

The Airport Road axis of that project may be completed cos there is no physical building to demolish, I can regard that as Phase1 of the project,
Phase2 will be the Oron Rd within Uyo City, where a lot of high rise buildings are marked for demolition pending when compensation are paid.
Gov. Udom has less than a year, (10)months to leave office.

My opinion is, there are many Roads that would have completed &Commision since his first term or first 6years, but do not know what went wrong.
I support his completion agenda anyway.
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ikpongiton: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
saintkeppy:

Dont mind him

Ring Road-3 will soon be Commissioned may be 23rd Sept. The State anniversary day.

but that Uyo-Etinan may not be completed during this tenure, a lot of work still to be done, same with the on-going Oron-Airport Road expansion

The Airport Road axis of that project may be completed cos there is no physical building to demolish, I can regard that as Phase1 of the project,
Phase2 will be the Oron Rd within Uyo City, where a lot of high rise buildings are marked for demolition pending when compensation are paid.

My opinion is, there are many Roads that would have completed &Commision since his first term or first 6years, but do not know what went wrong.
uyo -etinan road has reached advanced stage.the man carried so many things at once, the reason some of the projects are still ongoing.for etinan road, it's sure banker.
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 6:47am On Jul 08, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Udom? Is it not only the conference centre? Who's attah by the way?
jesus Attah is the former governor of Akwa ibom state before Akpabio came to bear.. Attah is the father of modern day Akwa ibom and he was the one that fought the 13% oil derivative Akpabio came and enjoy … Udom currently have more projects than Akpabio.. Mostly all the major road in uyo were built by Attah.. So we have good governors all year road ..
Re: The Awesome Beauty Of Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ilaumoh(m): 6:49am On Jul 08, 2022
saintkeppy:

Dont mind him

he was busy building industries .. Omen 22 factories in 4 years no be beans ooo plus Ibomair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Frozen Lake: A Trip To Lake Simcoe In Ontario ) Pictures) / FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans / Fatal Accident In Ibadan Kills 4 People (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.