Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account (70756 Views)

Kitty Lixo, Korean Model Slept With Instagram Employees To Unblock Her Account / Uche Maduagwu Creates Scene At The Market While Demanding Justice For Sylvester / Why Tunde Ednut Was Banned From Instagram The 2nd Time After 1M Follower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
SO MR UBA,FROM YOUR BANK REGISTRY WHOSE POS WAS THAT STEALING HER CASH IF YOU CANT TRACE IT YOU MUST PAY HER BACK. undecided
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Excellentme2019: 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
TheWolfen:
I suspect bank staff are now stealing customers information.
UBA should provide the poor woman money. Not in this Buhari economy would anyone let such slide

I had this same experience last month with Uba Bank. The sum of 228,500 was withdrawn through POS machine. The bank has been telling me they will get bank to me almost a month now.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by yusluvad(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2022
Very bad banking system, this same issues everywhere...
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Munzy14(m): 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Access bank....if anything happens to my "change" u go know the difference between capital b and ukwu efi
grin grin grin grin no sleep o

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by 43Ronin: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
Drillminded:
Banking system is complacent... until they start getting mass shootings before they wake up.

Maybe when one disgruntled customer runs up on them with a pole for this their stupid capitalist, over fed, nonchalant attitude over loss of hard earned funds via unauthorised transactions.

It's is getting too much !

Nothing like that. I worked in a bank for years & I can confidently tell you that for your account to be defrauded, you have compromised your security. Either by lose guarding your atm, pin or just pure phising scam by yahoo boys. The bank always painstakingly tell their customers all about this. Don't be surprised when investigation is done it would be her relation- brother, sister, husband, child that stole her money.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Drillminded: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
43Ronin:

Nothing like that. I worked in a bank for years & I can confidently tell you that for your account to be defrauded, you have compromised your security. Either by lose guarding your atm, pin or just pure phising scam by yahoo boys. The bank always painstakingly tell their customers all about this. Don't be surprised when investigation is done it would be her relation- brother, sister, husband, child that stole her money.
bros it gives me joy to read from you,clarifying my misconceptions ... I have for the longest time believed banks are highly enabling this crimes I do have instancesa where it is so. I speak from first hand knowledge ... but I agree with you that most customers fall victim due to their carelessness but can't the bank device a better way to curtail the manace? This is perfect time for a new type of bank with better security to sweep the floor from under these porous banks. All they care about is money.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Empiree: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
I guess Nigerians should revert to conventional savings (aja Ile - dungeon & kolo piggy bank) in their own home. We take money to the banks for safety but it is in the bank your money isn't safe again.

Nigerian banks are now the centers of financial quantanamo. Employees violate the privacy policy at will and no one is doing anything about it. What a shame.

Is Buhari the cause of this too?.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by okeo: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
This one is for Netflix, don't make a fuss out of it.
talk2hb1:
2900 withdrawn from my UBA account yesterday too
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Cutehector(m): 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
She doesnt look fine without make up.. Makeup been helping lives
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by talk2hb1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
okeo:
This one is for Netflix, don't make a fuss out of it.
Tear Cloth, Tear Cloth Na so Madness they start
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by rickleye: 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Meteng:
E no go Better for whoever invented make up for women

It was man actually. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by 43Ronin: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
Drillminded:
bros it gives me joy to read from you,clarifying my misconceptions ... I have for the longest time believed banks are highly enabling this crimes I do have instancesa where it is so. I speak from first hand knowledge ... but I agree with you that most customers fall victim due to their carelessness but can't the bank device a better way to curtail the manace? This is perfect time for a new type of bank with better security to sweep the floor from under these porous banks. All they care about is money.

Bro Nigerian banks are very stingy and would rather spend on PR than technology. Most of the tech employed by theses banks are weak. I didn't know until I travelled and worked in an international bank. For e.g POS fraud, the bank doesn't really have sufficient technology to track the POS location or merchant that committed the fraud. Even when they do, it takes them months to pin point. USSD fraud, becos its a joint venture between Banks and Telcos and the cases are too many, it would mean involving a lot of time and resources to track which they do not have. Criminal employees could also aid fraud too. That's why I say whenever you wana open a bank account enter the bank, make sure its an account officer then open from him or her. The chances of fraud are less compared to when it's a DSA or contract staff. Do not employ resources you do not need. E.g get a mobile app instead of USSD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by rickleye: 2:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
I don't understand .. This is a simply verification process. Where was the transaction done ? Check her minimum withdrawal limit. Investigate and return her money. The banks money is insured ... if her with her clout was to result to this. God help minions like us.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Drillminded: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
43Ronin:

Bro Nigerian banks are very stingy and would rather spend on PR than technology. Most of the tech employed by theses banks are weak. I didn't know until I travelled and worked in an international bank. For e.g POS fraud, the bank doesn't really have sufficient technology to track the POS location or merchant that committed the fraud. Even when they do, it takes them months to pin point. USSD fraud, becos its a joint venture between Banks and Telcos and the cases are too many, it would mean involving a lot of time and resources to track which they do not have.
kai and we can afford the highest security in the world but noway. It's sad ... personally I haven't had issues because I am always preemptive. And my bank is not linked with my phone, that is a weak security measure but that's all I can do about it. Thanks for the enlightenment tho.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by sukkot: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
efcc suppose probe this woman.where she take see 1 million naira for this buhari era

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by shariff84: 3:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
usagee36:
Useless country. In America, you can dispute and get your money back. Nigeria should be sold online.
even UK,my sister was in Nigeria when hackers hacked her account and purchased something one online.
She called her UK bank from Nigeria,I swear within 5 minutes the funds was refunded.

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by membranus: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
usagee36:
Useless country. In America, you can dispute and get your money back. Nigeria should be sold online.

Who go buy am, you?
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Lightorder: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Nhe emele gi nwannem. Iga ebute Ike ndi pentecost before this year g'agwu.
Amen , nwanne mmadu. Ya diri gi na mma, nwokeoma

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by membranus: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Salamander319:

Same happened to me twice, but just send a mail to the bank and copy cbn....trust me the money will be refunded within 24hrs and you will also get an apology call from the bank

Pls what's the CBN email address?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by cyndylove64(f): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Me when drag gtb for 20k withdrawal when I no do nko... Gtb dey tell me say na pos I used opay pos etc and I was in bank the day I got the debit,after filing complain and I no see my money na Twitter we settle am. Immediately I drag them them ask for my account details sharp I see my money. for now I don block all my ATM card I no dey use atm again

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by membranus: 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
43Ronin:

Bro Nigerian banks are very stingy and would rather spend on PR than technology. Most of the tech employed by theses banks are weak. I didn't know until I travelled and worked in an international bank. For e.g POS fraud, the bank doesn't really have sufficient technology to track the POS location or merchant that committed the fraud. Even when they do, it takes them months to pin point. USSD fraud, becos its a joint venture between Banks and Telcos and the cases are too many, it would mean involving a lot of time and resources to track which they do not have. Criminal employees could also aid fraud too. That's why I say whenever you wana open a bank account enter the bank, make sure its an account officer then open from him or her. The chances of fraud are less compared to when it's a DSA or contract staff. Do not employ resources you do not need. E.g get a mobile app instead of USSD.

I worked in banks for donkey years. Banks in Nigeria are too prone to frauds because of their shabby treatment of staff, who compromise with criminals to defraud both the banks and customers.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Idaytesj29(m): 3:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
Join the Pi revolution before its too late.
Download the Pi app and start mining.
Use this Invitation code:
cowrycoins
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by RPG2020(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
First bank first bank first bank how many times i called una? If anything happen to my money is do or die matter between us

2011 i came to Nigeria before i left i deposit millions in to my account since then i have not been to Nigeria

they said i need BVN before I can operate my account

No problem this year i dey with una

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by phemmyfour: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Access bank....if anything happens to my "change" u go know the difference between capital b and ukwu efi
Access go wound you
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Ochelyko1: 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
I sense the withdrawer is coming from the opay pos agent and not the bank. maybe her card has been hack by an opay machine . those guys have a way of doing it to scan your card details which they will later use to withdraw your money.

opay machine can pay even 20million naira at once.

if am in her shoes i will seat down and think if i withdraw money from any pos shop before now, if yes then get that person arrested he or she is responsible for the missing money not the bank.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by abbey621(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
Set up 2 factor authentication on any outgoing transaction. If your bank does not offer 2 factor or multi factor, close your account and move to a bank that does. Life is simple, na people dey maske it harder than it is!

Also set up maximum transactions in a day, limit of 5 transactionsand/or less than 500,000 for those with millions or less than 200k for those with less. There are many forms of protection but my people would rather look for cure than prevention.....SHAME!
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by Kaytixy: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2022
Meteng:
E no go Better for whoever invented make up for women
that alone should be a news. Can you see the difference between her real self and that deceptive make she wore. Omoo thunder go do something

1 Like

Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by usagee36: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Calling police for someone you supposed to protect.
shariff84:
even UK,my sister was in Nigeria when hackers hacked her account and purchased something one online.
She called her UK bank from Nigeria,I swear within 5 minutes the funds was refunded.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by just2endowed: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Salamander319:

Same happened to me twice, but just send a mail to the bank and copy cbn....trust me the money will be refunded within 24hrs and you will also get an apology call from the bank

Drop the CBN mail you use
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by just2endowed: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ochelyko1:
I sense the withdrawer is coming from the opay pos agent and not the bank. maybe her card has been hack by an opay machine . those guys have a way of doing it to scan your card details which they will later use to withdraw your money.

opay machine can pay even 20million naira at once.

if am in her shoes i will seat down and think if i withdraw money from any pos shop before now, if yes then get that person arrested he or she is responsible for the missing money not the bank.

You are nor correct bro.

Even an individual account, if you transfer such amount, your account will be flag by your bank in copy wirh cbn and you must provide your sources of fund.

Again, OPay pos don't clone cards but Fraudster does it. A card was clone and the card was use in another country in Mexico.rhis happen to someone close to me.
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by yommygift15: 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
That's UBA for u, so useless and non challant
Re: Victoria Ajibola Creates Scene In UBA After ₦1M Was Withdrawn From Her Account by andyanders: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
If she has a standing order with the bank not to exceed a withdrawal limit of the sum of #150k per day, a sum of #1m was withdrawn from her a/c, the bank MUST pay her, 'cus it was an insider work. The bank is liable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akon 'Molests' Trinidadian Girl During Performance At Club Zen / Davido And Sophia Momodu Spent Cross Over Night Together / Actor Saint Obi Finally Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.