Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad (726 Views)

Do Foreigners Come To Nigeria Universities To Study Like Nigerian Do? / How To Get Jobs In Usa For Foreigners / Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Officialsetlinn: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Given that ASUU has been on strike for over 4 months now, so many persons would be looking at move abroad to study. So, which country do you think is the best for foreigners looking to study abroad?

Any country in Europe does it for me. Why? Public universities there are tuition free and the private ones are very affordable. Meanwhile, if you are looking to join a community where expats interact, connect and answer immigration questions, you may join here: https://setlinn.com/

1 Like

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Echaka: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2022
I would say Germany. Why? Because most institutions there are tuition-free and the ones that are not are very affordable. If you want to join a community where people ask questions and connect with expats, you can sign up on setlinn.com for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by LordIsaac(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
Echaka:
I would say Germany. Why? Because most institutions there are tuition-free and the ones that are not are very affordable. If you want to join a community where people ask questions and connect with expats, you can sign up on setlinn.com for free.
Language barrier!

1 Like

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Officialsetlinn: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2022
It's possible to study in Germany even without speaking German. There are plenty of programs in English. Germany has become one of the most popular destinations to study abroad in recent years for both German and English speakers alike.
LordIsaac:

Language barrier!
Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by deborahetim: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2022
I'll go for Finland because opportunities for international students are plenty.

Officialsetlinn:
Given that ASUU has been on strike for over 4 months now, so many persons would be looking at move abroad to study. So, which country do you think is the best for foreigners looking to study abroad?

Any country in Europe does it for me. Why? Public universities there are tuition free and the private ones are very affordable. Meanwhile, if you are looking to join a community where expats interact, connect and answer immigration questions, you may join here: https://setlinn.com/

3 Likes

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by monkmike(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
The best locations would be tuition-free destinations like Germany, the Netherlands, France, Scandinavia (Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark) or low tuition locations like Poland and the Baltic countries.
Also, you need to keep the opportunities available for international students in mind. Not all the locations above have great opportunities.
Officialsetlinn:

1 Like

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Calculux95: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
monkmike:
The best locations would be tuition-free destinations like Germany, the Netherlands, France, Scandinavia (Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark) or low tuition locations like Poland and the Baltic countries.
Also, you need to keep the opportunities available for international students in mind. Not all the locations above have great opportunities.

The Netherlands is not tuition fre

1 Like

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Calculux95: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
monkmike:

The Netherlands is not tuition free
Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by monkmike(m): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Calculux95:

The Netherlands is not tuition free
You will find some tuition free universities in the Netherlands. Have you checked it before?
Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Calculux95: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
monkmike:

You will find some tuition free universities in the Netherlands. Have you checked it before?

I'm about to start my Msc there, it's not tuition free. Only EU students get a subsidy and even then it's like 1k euros. For international students it's 18k + for a majority of schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by monkmike(m): 7:00am On Jul 07, 2022
LordIsaac:

Language barrier!
Not exactly true. It depends on what you’re aiming for, but for sure you can do so much in Germany without the German language.
Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by monkmike(m): 7:04am On Jul 07, 2022
Calculux95:

I'm about to start my Msc there, it's not tuition free. Only EU students get a subsidy and even then it's like 1k euros. For international students it's 18k + for a majority of schools.
It drives me crazy to see international students pay tuition fees in Germany. I mean, if your parent have the money, then fine, but you don’t have to pay. Also, studying in a private university or public one where you pay tuition doesn’t influence your career opportunities in any way.
I think the major reason why people for paid study programs in Germany is because they either do not have the patience or we’re not informed well.
I have helped many Nigerians who came to Germany via a private university to switch to a public one. It gives me joy to save them that trouble and the money.
If you’d like to, let‘s connect in my group on SETLINN, let me show you somethings.
https://setlinn.com/groups/da-lounge/
Feel free to create an account and connect with me directly. My username is wohks.
Looking forward to seeing you on the other side.
Re: Best Country For Foreigners To Study Abroad by Calculux95: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2022
monkmike:

It drives me crazy to see international students pay tuition fees in Germany. I mean, if your parent have the money, then fine, but you don’t have to pay. Also, studying in a private university or public one where you pay tuition doesn’t influence your career opportunities in any way.
I think the major reason why people for paid study programs in Germany is because they either do not have the patience or we’re not informed well.
I have helped many Nigerians who came to Germany via a private university to switch to a public one. It gives me joy to save them that trouble and the money.
If you’d like to, let‘s connect in my group on SETLINN, let me show you somethings.
https://setlinn.com/groups/da-lounge/
Feel free to create an account and connect with me directly. My username is wohks.
Looking forward to seeing you on the other side.

Boss I'm talking about the Netherlands strictly.
Thanks for the info though, it's rare to find such helpful people

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: The Sorry State Of Being A Lecturer / JAMB Recommended Textbooks For English Language 2023/2024 / Gotv Jinja Channels List 2022 Update( World Cup)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.