Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

How Were U Received? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Were U Received? (2845 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / She Has Never Received Anything From Me !! Could This Be Love? / Describe your 1st romantic Kiss. How Old Were U Then? Wud U kiss him/her again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were U Received? by Jamesdman(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
The first time u visited n were introduced to ur lover's parent/family, hw was the reception like? . . . . . . Moi, i've had a few g.fs who introduced me to their families. Only one of those families welcomed me warmly n 9icely, the rest were either indifferent or (worst yet) hostile. Nw, Nlanders watz ur xperience, hw were u received?
Re: How Were U Received? by iyatrustee(f): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
i was first introduced to my mother-inlaw in church. that shaped her perception of me forever. i personally believe the circumstance in which you meet your potential inlaws would determine how they recieve you.
Re: How Were U Received? by Jamesdman(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
~~ Yeah, datz kinda true. Lyk in ur case, ur mother-in-law wud've seen U as a God-fearing, virtuous lady, since u were a regular church-goer!
Re: How Were U Received? by iice(f): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hmmm. Warmly. Just a thing with me, in spite of my weirdness.
Re: How Were U Received? by Jamesdman(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
~~ Tryin to imagine U, being received coldly. . . . . . Cold + Ice = Unbearable. So u see, u jst have 2 be received warmly 4 the atmosphere of ur lover's home to remainly comfortable n liveable!! *lol*
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
iice:

Hmmm. Warmly. Just a thing with me, in spite of my weirdness.

by ur prince charming parents lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Were U Received? by 190: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
my mum hardly likes them undecided
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
iyatrustee:

i was first introduced to my mother-inlaw in church. that shaped her perception of me forever. i personally believe the circumstance in which you meet your potential inlaws would determine how they recieve you.

So u are married? Oisekema. I dont know sha. I don dey eye u small small. SMH at my self
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
190:

my mum hardly likes them undecided

U dey get GF? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Were U Received? by pendo89(f): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
LOL @ james

How hostile I hate to imagine what happened and how it went.Am laughing .
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
James-dman:

The first time u visited n were introduced to your lover's parent/family, hw was the reception like? . . . . . . Moi, i've had a few g.fs who introduced me to their families. Only one of those families welcomed me warmly n 9icely, the rest were either indifferent or (worst yet) hostile. Nw, Nlanders watz your xperience, hw were u received?

Till date  im yet to take one home and none has taken me home either. Back then, it used to be warmth reception at my end smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
pendo89:

LOL @ james

If i take u home, its gonna be a pleasant reception i swear wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Were U Received? by pendo89(f): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^ you are gonna have a hard time deciding who to take home.
I think you v got your hands full.
Double the prayer time and increase the fasting days.
Re: How Were U Received? by 190: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
toba:

U dey get GF? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

how u look me sef  undecided
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
A joker and a funny xter that never takes anything seriously
Re: How Were U Received? by Pweety4me(f): 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
I've never really aloud that happen. . .although. . . .
Re: How Were U Received? by omega25red(m): 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
i was received warmly and with a hug smiley
Re: How Were U Received? by Jamesdman(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
pendo89:

LOL @ james

Grandma Upendo it wasn't funny oh. Hmmmm. When me n my gf (then) got 2 her family house, we 1st met her mum, afta my gf introduced me, she jst nodded n said we should wait 4 her dad. She left us in the sitting room n went to her room. Later my gf also left me n went to her mum's room. Few minutes later, I heard them arguing, by this time, i was already tensed up. 15min later, we were all sitted in the sitting room, when her dad walked in. After the intro, infact he didn't even allow my gf to finish, when he interrupted her, angrily he said, 'so this is the boy dat has being deceiving u eh? N u even have the guts to bring him home'. He turned n faced me, 'so u're the one dat has being spoiling my daughter, ko'? I was lyk, no sir, is not lyk dat. He jst nodded, n walked angrily to his room. Me, i didn't wait 4 him to return, i practically fled frm the house. Because, i knw as an Igbo man, he has probably gone 2 get his matchet. I ran 4 my dear lyf oh.!!
Re: How Were U Received? by pendo89(f): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^ grin grin grin
I suspected something like that
But you fled That was an act of corwadice on your part!
Oooh you let yourself down taking off like that!!
I would drop you very fast if you ran away from my father!
Re: How Were U Received? by obowunmi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
I wasn't welcomed well. angry angry angry angry

1. Have you slept with my daughter is the first question that I got. angry angry angry angry
Re: How Were U Received? by CrazyChica: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
obowunmi:

I wasn't welcomed well. angry angry angry angry

1. Have you slept with my daughter is the first question that I got. angry angry angry angry
lmao! and ur reply was?
Re: How Were U Received? by Ekpoma1: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
Lol. I could remember remember the day i went 2 my Ex house and was introduced 2 her mother as a friend. Her mother looked at me and ask what kind of friend a man n a woman will be doing? I was dumb-founded as i wasnt xpecting that kind of question. I jos smile bt e no reach my mind.
Re: How Were U Received? by sistajay(f): 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
His family welcome me well well! Dey love me ooo!!
Re: How Were U Received? by Mynd44: 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
My family is going to love BABE!
Re: How Were U Received? by Natasha2(f): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
they didn't like me and i didn't like them either cheesy
Re: How Were U Received? by Jamesdman(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
pendo89:

^^ grin grin grin
I suspected something like that
But you fled That was an act of corwadice on your part!
Oooh you let yourself down taking off like that!!
I would drop you very fast if you ran away from my father!

Upendo dearie, i'm not Romeo, neither am i Jack. Diz is Africa, Naija 4 dat matter! Ain't gonna get myself hurt or in harm's way 4 a lady. If her parents don't want me, then so be it. There are alot of ladies out there, that are more than willingly 2 accept moi. ~~WELL AS IT TURNS OUT, WE PARTED 4 GUD.
Re: How Were U Received? by 190: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
Natasha,,:

they didn't like me and i didn't like them either cheesy
shocked shocked
Re: How Were U Received? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2011
obowunmi:

I wasn't welcomed well.  angry angry angry angry

1. Have you slept with my daughter is the first question that I got.  angry angry angry angry

Best response ever. Lmao

@ topic - like a princess  smiley
Re: How Were U Received? by Natasha2(f): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ 190 what is it?
Re: How Were U Received? by 190: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
^why did they hate u shocked shocked
Re: How Were U Received? by Natasha2(f): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
^they thought i was a bad girl well the truth is the mother and one of her daughters hated me while the father and two other daughters loved me cheesy
Re: How Were U Received? by iice(f): 3:26am On Jul 27, 2011
James-dman:

~~ Tryin to imagine U, being received coldly. . . . . . Cold + Ice = Unbearable. So u see, u jst have 2 be received warmly 4 the atmosphere of your lover's home to remainly comfortable n liveable!! *lol*
Errhhh, people are received coldly. I do it all the time cheesy

toba:

by your prince charming parents lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You're mistaking me for your women.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Pick Your Ideal Man! / Stripper Defecates On A Guy's D1ck!!! / Mikel Obi Child Invades His Fridge While He Was In Olympic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.