Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) (39966 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Tombrown3(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
damocool:

We love lies a lot, just exact lies buhari, tinubu, akitu and apc told us some years back.. This lies will be cool with some people like it's cool with those that bought the ones Mr. Buhari gave us then.. We will have to endure lies with Obi government as we are enduring the ones we're facing from the present buhari government.

At least he's not telling you $1 will be 1naira, or that all unemployed youth will be paid 5k every month, is he?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by omohayek: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

How you want to run for presidency in 7 months and appear on national TV without a coherent plan or at the very least a clear position in principle on the burning issues is befuddling. Even I who is not running can reel out what I will do if I assumed power tomorrow because for years, I think all the time of Nigeria's problems and solutions, I can tell you how many Km of roads in what period and how many jobs will be created by associated industries as a result of huge road projects, quarry, agriculture timber etc which industries i want to revive how they interconnect, How I have a rail plan but All the steel used must come from the Nigerian steel industry, so we must revive steel plants as a matter of priority. How i intend to remove subsidy amongst other avenues to fund these projects, my plan to revive universities and make the top tier Universities fee paying to stop the forex we spend every year to send our children abroad and give schorlarships if and when required to qualifying students etc etc. A presidential candidate should be able to come on Tv and say things like these 7 months to an election!!!!! The days of "The Platform" are over,nobody is interested in wikipedia statistics, people want to know decisively what your plans are!
Exactly! I couldn't have put it better myself. Anyone who is serious about fixing Nigeria's problems will have devoted many years to thinking about possible solutions, which will be immediately available at hand upon any questioning. There won't be any need to trek to Egypt to do "research" on something as glaring as Nigeria's electricity problems (as if Egypt were any sort of role model to begin with).

You are not on TV to sell yourself to your supporters, you are on TV to convince the skeptics, your supporters are already in the bag. You dont convince skeptics when you appear on national TV without a plan skeptics have no emotional connection to you so they see through BS unlike supporters.
This is what so many of Obi's apologists on here seem incapable of understanding. Instead of trying to win over the undecided by marshalling verifiable facts and well-reasoned arguments, they resort to transparent fabrications, loud assertions of empty slogans, insults, threats, etc., as if anyone was ever won over by being cursed at and accused of being a "Tinubu urchin" [sic].
He clearly hadnt anticipated the questions and prepared himself for the possible questions, which shows, not only are you unprepared but you dont have people around you who are prepared and can prep you for interviews. Again just like his decisions making vis PDP,NNPP, all he ends up doing is show a man who doesnt think things through but relies on blagging his way through.
Here I blame Nigeria's pathetic excuses for "journalists" at least as much as I blame Obi. Hardly any Nigerian "journalists" know how to ask tough questions, let alone how to follow them up when politicians try to evade by giving non-answers or changing the topic. Of course, ultimately the Nigerian masses are to blame for not demanding more of the "news" outlets they consume, and not insisting all serious candidates submit to properly structured debates. Tribal and religious sympathies are allowed to overrule close scrutiny, leading to absurdities where candidates like Buhari and Obi can ride to popularity on the back of empty phrases like "change", "hope" and "youth".

Nigeria might have been spared 8 years of needless hardship if Buhari had been forced to reveal his intellectual vacuity under questioning from challengers, but his blind supporters allowed him to get away with chickening out of debates, a mistake Atiku failed to capitalise on when he too refused to participate. What could have been easier than defeating an incumbent with a record of 4 years of failure who refuses to even show up? And yet here we are with the Obi worshippers insisting on repeating the same mistakes Buhari's deluded "talakawas" did then.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by tonyson010(m): 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
adioolayi:
Reeling out figures as usual, accurate or inaccurate, no one cares as he craftily do this with a flawless oratory....nothing new

flawless oratory..... grin grin
this Ur submission is just an attack on him.

disprove his facts or figures.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Reyhzor(m): 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Omobada:
Who is right?
I think you should check the date the statistics was posted in Google
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by tonyson010(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
omohayek:

Exactly! I couldn't have put it better myself. Anyone who is serious about fixing Nigeria's problems will have devoted many years to thinking about possible solutions, which will be immediately available at hand upon any questioning. There won't be any need to trek to Egypt to do "research" on something as glaring as Nigeria's electricity problems (as if Egypt were any sort of role model to begin with).

This is what so many of Obi's apologists on here seem incapable of understanding. Instead of trying to win over the undecided by marshalling verifiable facts and well-reasoned arguments, they resort to transparent fabrications, loud assertions of empty slogans, insults, threats, etc., as if anyone was ever won over by being cursed at and accused of being a "Tinubu urchin" [sic].

Here I blame Nigeria's pathetic excuses for "journalists" at least as much as I blame Obi. Hardly any Nigerian "journalists" know how to ask tough questions, let alone how to follow them up when politicians try to evade by giving non-answers or changing the topic. Of course, ultimately the Nigerian masses are to blame for not demanding more of the "news" outlets they consume, and not insisting all serious candidates submit to properly structured debates. Tribal and religious sympathies are allowed to overrule close scrutiny, leading to absurdities where candidates like Buhari and Obi can ride to popularity on the back of empty phrases like "change", "hope" and "youth".

Nigeria might have been spared 8 years of needless hardship if Buhari had been forced to reveal his intellectual vacuity under questioning from challengers, but his blind supporters allowed him to get away with chickening out of debates, a mistake Atiku failed to capitalise on when he too refused to participate. What could have been easier than defeating an incumbent with a record of 4 years of failure who refuses to even show up? And yet here we are with the Obi worshippers insisting on repeating the same mistakes Buhari's deluded "talakawas" did then.

and what are the other contestants saying?
same you will say he brought fake figures and projection when u are yet to prove him wrong on the once he has given.

he is not there to give Nigerians thesis presentation as if leadership is a controlled experiment where data are often reproducible.

give us a fragment of Ur presentation on railway roadmap alone, let see how good u are.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by omohayek: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
tonyson010:

and what are the other contestants saying?
How is that relevant to the fact that Obi claims to be the man to change everything, yet is unwilling to state clearly a single thing he's going to change? If he's merely "no worse than the other contestants", what's the point of voting for him in particular?

same you will say he brought fake figures and projection when u are yet to prove him wrong on the once he has given.
A classic Obi-fanatic tactic: knocking down straw-men you've erected yourself. You miss the point entirely if you think it's my job to prove anything to you, when I am the one who happens to be the undecided voter in need of convincing.

he is not there to give Nigerians thesis presentation as if leadership is a controlled experiment where data are often reproducible.
Yes, I know how unreasonable it is to expect Obi to give concrete answers of the sort the oft-criticised Atiku already managed to provide not so long ago

https://www.nairaland.com/7170139/atiku-releases-economic-agenda-vows

let alone providing a manifesto of the like both of Britain's parties did in 2019

https://www.conservatives.com/our-plan

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/

or the US Democratic Party did in 2020

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

But I guess those parties have no clue what they are doing providing the kind of "thesis presentation" you consider unreasonable to request of Saint Peter Obi (blessed be his name), who no one dare ask for clearcut statements on any policy questions.

give us a fragment of Ur presentation on railway roadmap alone, let see how good u are.
More inanity based on the assumption that it's my job to sell my views to you and your candidate, rather than yours to convince me he's any better than the others (for which I've yet to see even the slightest bit of evidence). I could care less what you believe one way or the other, what matters to me is which candidate says most clearly and convincingly what he plans to do to accelerate Nigeria's GDP growth (and how he intends to pay for it), a point on which Obi currently falls dead last with his waffling and attempts to pass off statements of the obvious as profundities.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
Obi my man

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by YoungAncient1: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
yet he went on to successfully run a bank, chains of businesses and even a state. By the way, he doesn't use an affidavit as a certificate.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by DWickedLandLord: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
Segzy22:
Stop wasting your time, nobody from SW, NE, NC and NW will vote for Pandora man

Yay for tribalism...

Give this one Visa n his brain will immediately reset to a normal human

That's unfortunate..
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by DWickedLandLord: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
casualobserver:

My friend I am on unlimited fiber internet @ 25mbps, I don’t use recharge card to pay for data at N100 per mb unlike your type.

You tell me did Peter Obi answer the questions he was asked directly? He didn’t.

Are you going to introduce state police, are you going to restructure what happened to the LG funds. Watch again, He did not give a direct answer to all 3 questions!!!!!!

N Buhari gave to you right?
Abeg shut up

Don't vote Peter. Vote for your guy okay

Sky won't fall
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Omobada(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
Reyhzor:

I think you should check the date the statistics was posted in Google

Does the date it was posted matter?
Since the statistics reportedly covered 2021 and OBI referred to the same 2021.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Omodua(m): 1:09am On Jul 07, 2022
Emu4life:
This guy is just an Orator. A 3rd Class graduate of Philosophy is not fit to rule this Nation. We cant afford another Dullard in Power.

NOTE: Mention is open to both DOGS and BABOONS
And your fraudster and Chicago drug addict is better, abi?
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by Reyhzor(m): 5:35am On Jul 07, 2022
Omobada:

Does the date it was posted matter?
Since the statistics reportedly covered 2021 and OBI referred to the same 2021.
Yes it matters
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by tonyson010(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2022
omohayek:

How is that relevant to the fact that Obi claims to be the man to change everything, yet is unwilling to state clearly a single thing he's going to change? If he's merely "no worse than the other contestants", what's the point of voting for him in particular?

A classic Obi-fanatic tactic: knocking down straw-men you've erected yourself. You miss the point entirely if you think it's my job to prove anything to you, when I am the one who happens to be the undecided voter in need of convincing.

Yes, I know how unreasonable it is to expect Obi to give concrete answers of the sort the oft-criticised Atiku already managed to provide not so long ago

https://www.nairaland.com/7170139/atiku-releases-economic-agenda-vows

let alone providing a manifesto of the like both of Britain's parties did in 2019

https://www.conservatives.com/our-plan

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/

or the US Democratic Party did in 2020

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

But I guess those parties have no clue what they are doing providing the kind of "thesis presentation" you consider unreasonable to request of Saint Peter Obi (blessed be his name), who no one dare ask for clearcut statements on any policy questions.

More inanity based on the assumption that it's my job to sell my views to you and your candidate, rather than yours to convince me he's any better than the others (for which I've yet to see even the slightest bit of evidence). I could care less what you believe one way or the other, what matters to me is which candidate says most clearly and convincingly what he plans to do to accelerate Nigeria's GDP growth (and how he intends to pay for it), a point on which Obi currently falls dead last with his waffling and attempts to pass off statements of the obvious as profundities.

You must recognise a problem b4 you propose solution(s) to them.
Someone is dissecting the country problems and giving you an idea of what he would do.

His written manifesto is coming.....he said it clearly in the interview. Mind you that official campaign hasn't started yet.

You sound like u are being objective in Ur assessment, which is just a cover. Many watch his interview and know that he is the man who wants to reposition the country. Ur assessment for conviction is still a matter that is subjective. we all mustn't accept him at same time. I recently believed that amongst all, he is the one talking seriously, while others are just busy throwing allegations and tantrums directly or indirectly and showing pride, maybe they know that they will certainly get it without convincing me and you. THEY HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO US, PERHAPS WE DON'T MATTER TO THEM

if the manifesto is the only thing that will convince you, wait for it to come, and it will surely come. it is expected that it is easy to get statistics and make projections in developed countries like US, UK and Europe. Peter Obi has told you what is obtained in other countries HE HAS VISITED AND ANALYSED.

Cut the enormous government expenditure ( profit privatisation and losses socialization), Improve the agriculture rapidly, not just by investing quantum of money but increasing security for it to work,
changing the educational structure,
being politically willed to make management work which is one of the biggest issue in governance now, opening up the country shipping, power sector, oil sector .....then companies will be springing up because their is fertile ground for them to thrive. SMEs will thrive too.

don't use manifesto to close Ur eyes and mind. But if it is only that that will make u not to accept him, he will do it.

Peter Obi was picked as VP last time, he didn't do much assignment. this time, He has traveled wide to learn and understand the country, then see how to get solutions...... That is someone who wants to serve as President, not sit and take orders as Vice President.
Re: Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) by ariesbull: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2022
plaindealer:
I don't fly in jets, only economy..

Pandora liar strikes again.... grin
your photo shop is poor go back and edit those hands you attached they are of different colors and also let it fit well with the sleeves

Why didn't you learn graphics well... Fools

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Intelligence Reports Foiled Saraki’s Near Escape From CCT Trial – Ripples / Pictures Of Northern Governors With Musa Kamarawa, Turji's Associate Raise Dust / Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.