Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For (47821 Views)

WWII Bomb Uncovered In Dresden, Police Evacuating 3,300 Residents / This Is The America We All Praise / Trump In 1980: I'll Dedicate My Life To America-We Need People With Strong Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Eniitankorede: 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Long live America..haters can keep crying their head out.. grin
These Dumbos are supposed to find a solution to their unending sh**thole terrorist activities but they are here judging America.. grin

America murdered sleep elsewhere. Sleep eludes them at home. That’s the law of karma.

3 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Emoc: 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
A certain immigrant called 1stGenAmerican doesn't know what this veteran knows.

The ignoramus who poses with a Tesla (she doesn't own) thinks SCAMerica is heaven. cheesy

A rude shock awaits her.

2 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
America has gone "woke" that is what happened, anyway, what did this old guy think? That people will live like they are still in the dark ages? Maybe it is time for him to kick the bucket.. afterall he is 100 years old he is very lucky to have lived this long,, if i live to 95 i would be sitting in the garden of my country mansion smoking highgrade weed in pipe and drinking brandy rather than worrying about me country.

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by godofuck231: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
Drenimarcus:
You have to live in America to really understand what this Senior is talking about. This is not the America we grew up admiring. It has turned toxic and depressing. The woke culture has destroyed this country and what scares me is, it is going to get worse. It is why i am hesitating on child bearing. I want to see what happens in 2024 first because with the way things are going., we may have a civil war soon.
the democrats are about to start it and first they want to take away the rights to arm bearing do no defence against them , just as the nigerian army is disarming amotekun

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by jimetagambo: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
VULCAN:
Something tells me you belong to APC.

Forever in Opposition mode and complete failures at govt.

They spent 5yrs blaming the past administration.

It's impossible for you guys to hold yourselves accountable for anything.

Ooh, I forgot, your accountant general stole N170B in one year.

APC- The perfect storm of corruption and Incompetence.

We the Looters Association of Nigeria (LAN) laugh at this hilarious post.

I made so much US dollars during GEJ's era especially at election times. APC is stingy. I want PDP back grin

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by jimetagambo: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Pls shut up
That dude is a failed asylum seeker in America. He is one of the anti-America peeps on Nairaland grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by od501: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by ABUPHARM(m): 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
heytgad:
A WORD OF PRAYER TO OUR DEAR TINUBU & APC SUPPORTERS

I love Tinubu so much, he is the best strategist of our time, he is part of those that orchestrated the birth of APC, a party that have transformed our dear country to a paradise.

Honestly these can not be possible without our lovely APC supporters, so I feel a strong need to appreciate their efforts with these word of Prayer.

If you are reading this & you support APC and/or TINUBU

1. May your life turn out the way Nigeria have turned out under 7.5 years of APC leadership

2. May your destiny turn out the way Lagos has turned out under 23 years of APC rule

3. May all your relatives and loved ones be as safe as all parts of Nigeria

4. May you be as healthy as Tinubu for the rest of your lives

5. May your children have similar criminal record as Tinubu's own

6. May your source of wealth be as clean as Tinubu's source of Wealth

7. May the fate of Naira against Dollar from 2015 & 2022 be your fate in life

8. May your blood pressure rise in the same manner as the price of commodities

9. May you be as indebted as Nigeria is under APC

10. When our dear Tinubu finally becomes president, may the fate of Nigeria economy befall you and your generations

11. As Tinubu is set to continue the good works of the Man he helped become president, may the outcome of the prayers continue to manifest in your life till you die and unto your unborn generations

12. Anytime any of your family visit hospital for anything, may the doctor that will attend to them be as competent as Tinubu is competent to lead Nigeria

I love you all. Thank you

Pls help me tag our APC brothers and sisters to partake in this powerful prayers

cc:
Dumbo, Shebi Tinubu is the local government chairman of your state, he is a member of your state house of representatives and also your state Governor. Tinubu impose Buhari on you, was it not Atiku another Fulani man u wanted to impose on us, Tinubu did his best to impose a lesser evil than the one u wanted to impose.
Young man, don't allow Tinubu matter to give u high BP, cuz it's only pig blood that's left in your enclave. Shalom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by nijanigga: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
If America continue this path, by 2030, America will be a fallen giant
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by alaoweijombo: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2022
What can we say about Nigerian ...?

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by jimetagambo: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2022
nijanigga:

Why ,that's the fact .
The fact is that while the failed asylum seeker wails, lots of Nigerians are excelling in that same America grin

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by nijanigga: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
There are more guns in American's hands than the population So there over 300 M guns in private hands

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by nijanigga: 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
See mass shootings on record so far in 2022. Very troubling

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by jimetagambo: 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
nijanigga:
There are more guns in American's hands than the population So there over 300 M guns in private hands
That's very bad. Only thing I hate about America plus the expensive healthcare system.

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
We have all read “The Fall of the Roman Empire” and understood that the system collapsed due to corruption, greed and power struggles within the government itself. We could not appreciate that this could also happen within the “world powers” as we knew them 40 years ago. But, look what happened to one of the world powers, the USSR. Laid low by corruption, greed and power struggles. Then we thought, well that can’t happen to the other great world power; the USA has too many checks and balances in place. Sorry, no, corruption, greed, an power struggles have won the day again and we see another great system falling by the wayside.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by engrchykae(m): 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
America takes pride in war just like Rome.
If Rome ever get defeated, Rome will run mad.
The rise of China and the defiance of Russia is driving Americans mad.
But the ultimate destinies of nations is to rise and fall.
America must know this truth and make peace with this Truth

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Banbanna(m): 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Reinamaria:
Those who have not experienced war will never know the value of peace and freedom - the price that was paid.

I mean if I wake up in the morning and see these plants, and all of those flowers, and the green grass in the ground, that's beautiful.

Priceless.

Yeah, the current state of affairs in the US would surely put senior citizens and veterans as this noble centenarian in a sombre mood. The new generation just seems to take advantage of some lax laws of the land by behaving recklessly. The land of the free is becoming too free to a fault.

Btw miss, I like for you this your moniker. It's quite lovely. I suppose it means QueenMary, which I think it's the Spanish version of ur moniker.

2 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by TimmyTen(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:
America was once the most feared country

Before the current government turned it into a joke of the century.

Those who fought for it and live to witness how the country is been ruled now are regretting.

OP nothing on this planet can be worse than Buhari

Joe Biden is Buhari pro-max in disguisetongue.
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
heendrix:
want to resemble the typa face Obidient folks is gonna look like after 2023 with the caption "This is not the Obi we spent our lives abusing others for"

You've obviously been eating agbado and cassava too much.
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by CockAndBullStor: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
God bless America

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by New007: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Those who fought for it and live to witness how the country is been ruled now are regretting.

Please don't disguise buhari. He is the worst leader ever.

1 Like

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by heytgad: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
ABUPHARM:

Dumbo, Shebi Tinubu is the local government chairman of your state, he is a member of your state house of representatives and also your state Governor. Tinubu impose Buhari on you, was it not Atiku another Fulani man u wanted to impose on us, Tinubu did his best to impose a lesser evil than the one u wanted to impose.
Young man, don't allow Tinubu matter to give u high BP, cuz it's only pig blood that's left in your enclave. Shalom.
E pain am
O ti dun
grin
Murasi, you never see anything
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by comodo: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
post=114488072:
This is not the darling country our forefathers fought for also.
That being said.........

Each and any politicians that have stolen from our National treasury, and make life difficult for Nigerians, since independence, no matter the political party they are, they will never enjoy their stolen goods in good health and peace till the rest of their miserable lives.

For all the suffering people are going through in this nation, any looting and thieving politician, from past to present will not end well.

And this also goes to their supporters, nothing good will come their way in life.
Big Amen. Including those who aided and abated the looting.
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by membranus: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Even me, this is not the country I grew up in some decades ago.

Then it was peaceful, secure, lovely, cheerful and communal.

There was trust and acceptance between neighbours and friends then. We share and eat all things with ourselves with ease. We move around at all time of the day and night carefreely. Then I go to party alone in the middle of the night and come back alone too in the cities and villages with no fear.

Now there is palpable fear all around, daytime and nighttime. I fear for myself, my wife, my children, and for my parents and siblings too. Whatever food gifts my neighbours give me is thrown into dustbins for fear of poison and witchcraft. Now there is even fear of hunger due to job insecurity, fear of criminals, terrorists and bandits kidnapping and killing oneself; and including the fear of imminent war hovering over the nation.

Satan is increasing his evil activities, and darkness is thickening across the whole world. To the wise, it is apparent that the end of things as formerly perceived has come. The ticking clock of endtime alarm is microsecond to 12.00.

Be prepared.

3 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Flamemignon1(m): 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Tell me you know nothing about American politics without telling me you know nothing about American politics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Flamemignon1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
JBriel:
It's saddening. The woke mentality is causing problems
It's obvious you didn't even read the article,you just had to use the "woke mentality" line to justify your ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Flamemignon1(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
Drenimarcus:
You have to live in America to really understand what this Senior is talking about. This is not the America we grew up admiring. It has turned toxic and depressing. The woke culture has destroyed this country and what scares me is, it is going to get worse. It is why i am hesitating on child bearing. I want to see what happens in 2024 first because with the way things are going., we may have a civil war soon.
Did you even read the article? Y'all just wanna blame the "woke crowd" for some people's mental health and ignorance with a dash of hate and entitlement served to the menu. The America he fought for is way different than the racist land he helped groom

4 Likes

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Flamemignon1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Trump's part was the party that abolished slave trade which lead to the American civil war with Biden's party whichTrump's party won
Apparently tables have turned today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by DeusXmachina: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
jimetagambo:
After what the US went through in the hands of Trump,it is still recovering from the Shock of how a racist almost led a successful coup.

Mike Pence (Trump's VP) also almost lost his life in the pro-Trump Republicans January 6 chaos and Trump said Pence deserved it.
I've been following the trials on the side.

Trump and some republican leaders might be facing sedition charges and jail time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by Shedrill(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
Holiness2100:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnQJd_XRQQ

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10978487/amp/WWII-veteran-celebrating-100th-birthday-breaks-discussing-current-state-America.html

Worry not your self about the world, old soldier.

You lived a good life

You dan live your life.

Leave the world, it's a jonesing world, so let's keep on jonesing
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by sexdoll: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
JBriel:
It's saddening. The woke mentality is causing problems

Very serious problems.

The woke mentality is nothing but a mental illness
Re: 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For by thaoriginator: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mindlog:
Nigeria's own is indescribable. angry
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa Slips Into Its Second Recession In 8 Years / Al-Shabab Attacks Joint US-Kenyan Military Base / Zimbabwe Drops 'battered' Dollar, Introduces Gold-backed 'ZIG' Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.