Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. (32453 Views)

See How I Prepared A 45 Minutes Spaghetti Recipe ( Pictures & Video) / How I Prepared A Hot And Spicy Vegetable Jollof Rice on a budget / How I Prepared A VERY TASTY Tomato Melon Soup With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Cokahot: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
I bought stock fish head r weeks ago on a Sunday,I was distressed. After 2days,wanted to prepare melon soup. Oh boy as I piecied the stock head,I met Green fly,and some crawling insects. Fuc k. Raged with anger,I dashed for my dustbin like a soldier who stepped on floor bomb. Thank God I scattered the stock fish head,naso i for chop poison I'd nor be live chicken,to he'll with stock this and that.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Luckysbab: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
KillSars:
Seun, I think warning suppose dey diz kind topic, if pesin wan open diz kind thread...
Warning like
Are you fasting?

And option yes and no go dey too
No should proceed to the real page and Yes should return to home page....

Merely looking at the delicacy, I can hear the sound of my fast break...

You're fasting at 8:43pm?
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by rickleye: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Crap, How I wish i could ask you to prepare 2 dishes and send my way .. what a shame .. I dey suffer o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by CleanInAll: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
heendrix:
Same way I'm advising my OBIdient folks, yes Peter Obi is very delicious and a man sellable to Nigeria but the issue is that he's a low budgeted politician atm and I so much love him ion want him to fail. it's better he back down honourably and fix his foundation or head for a massive disgrace

Are you now begging Peter Obi to step down? Sorry, he won't.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by heendrix(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
VULCAN:
Thank you for your unwarranted and unrequested advice.

Go and tell your boss Tinubu that Nigerians have decided that we don't want a Tinubu presidency because it will be equivalent to Buhari's 3rd Term.

Nor do we want him to send 50m youth to the army.

That means he will reduce the already low production capacity of the country.

Peter Obi is going to move us from consumption to production.

I'm not marketing Tinubu to anybody neither did I mention him in my post but normal normal common sense suppose tell you it's not possible to recruit 50m youth into the Army and no country in the world has 50m standing troops. Besides, he never mention anything like conscription (forceful joining) but a thing of choice
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Papichulostunne(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
KillSars:
Seun, I think warning suppose dey diz kind topic, if pesin wan open diz kind thread...
Warning like
Are you fasting?

And option yes and no go dey too
No should proceed to the real page and Yes should return to home page....

Merely looking at the delicacy, I can hear the sound of my fast break...
You never serious with your prayer life thats why food you dey look ONLINE dey tempt you to break fasting.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Peacefulguy90: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 5
Dished soup

Pics 6... Served with EBA

Lala, don't be tayad of my ogbono soup.
Many can learn to cook in a budget with this in this harsh economy..

Bon-apetit grin
So all this turkey abi chicken way dey d soup is still part of #1500...madam,abeg rest
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
JuanDeDios:

No iru?

Nope. Never used it before and don't fancy it in this kind of soup.
Peacefulguy90:
So all this turkey abi chicken way dey d soup is still part of #1500...madam,abeg rest
The meat is 500 naira. True
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by madampresident(f): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ain't no shame in trying and failing. The shame is on the man who never tried.
heendrix:
Same way I'm advising my OBIdient folks, yes Peter Obi is very delicious and a man sellable to Nigeria but the issue is that he's a low budgeted politician atm and I so much love him ion want him to fail. it's better he back down honourably and fix his foundation or head for a massive disgrace
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by VirileNelly2420: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Samfloxin:
You cooked this with 1 k? I have finally seen Lai Mohammed's wife.
grin grin grin...
I still dey look da 500'meat/200'stockfish with Oga Sabinus eyes cheesy
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
chypotenti:
Nice one!!! But how you take get Ogbono #150? Cos I bought 1 cup of ogbono #1,800 yesterday

I went to where they tie 50 naira size.

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Robisky001:
Where are they selling 5h meat??

For Lagos.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Bobxin: 10:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
#1k, excluding transportation, palm oil & salt
Me sef still dey look that #500/#200 stock fish with Oga Sabinus eyes

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Anumorigba1: 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lies... Reading at the end, cost of this ₦1050 meaning it all fake news
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Mcslize: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 1... Meat, stockfish head with seasoning cubes and onion. Added little water to steam the meat first before adding more water for the soup.

Pics 2... Ogbono mixed with cold palm oil. I crushed a Maggie crayfish cube inside the ogbono and added to the boiling meat water. Then covered to cook.

Pics 3... I allowed the soup to done and then added ugu leaves and brought it down immediately. Stired and dished it.

Meat. 500
Stockfish head 200
Ogbono. 150
Ugu. 50
Maggie crayfish 50
Ground Pepper 100

No one even bother to ask how possible 1k can cook this food.

You don't mean it. With 1k? Pls which part of Nigeria are you based?

Besides, you didn't include the palm oil money.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Mcslize:

You don't mean it. With 1k? Pls which part of Nigeria are you based?

Lagos.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by vhykeeytor(m): 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 1... Meat, stockfish head with seasoning cubes and onion. Added little water to steam the meat first before adding more water for the soup.

Pics 2... Ogbono mixed with cold palm oil. I crushed a Maggie crayfish cube inside the ogbono and added to the boiling meat water. Then covered to cook.

Pics 3... I allowed the soup to done and then added ugu leaves and brought it down immediately. Stired and dished it.

Meat. 500
Stockfish head 200
Ogbono. 150
Ugu. 50
Maggie crayfish 50
Ground Pepper 100

what of the palm oil did you get it for free?
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Bobxin: 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
Peacefulguy90:
Oga, that's just 5 pieces for #500 and #200 stock fish, same thing sold in my area, no turkey there, nor dey claim say you smart.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Jackbaur88: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
Na free you get the meat for market cos that meat alone pass 1K
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
vhykeeytor:

what of the palm oil did you get it for free?

I had it before.
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
Bobxin:

Oga, that's just 5 pieces for #500 and #200 stock fish, same thing sold in my area, no turkey there, nor dey claim say you smart.

It's 3 pieces I put in the plate but it's still remaining like two or three in the pot.
At least the soup can still serve me two times again.

1 Like

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Channah1(f): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
DSC7:
In this harsh economy you still dey cook ogbono soup? shocked shocked

First and last time i cooked ogbono soup it was tasting sodaish angry.. sorry it tasted like soda embarassed

It's the specie of ogbono you bought. next time tell them to give you badagry ogbono. It's the best. If they don't have, go elsewhere or forget about ogbono soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by skare: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
[quote author=Channah1 post=114482436]Pics 1... Meat, stockfish head with seasoning cubes and onion. Added little water to steam the meat first before adding more water for the soup.

Meat. 500
Stockfish head 200
Ogbono. 150
Ugu. 50
Maggie crayfish 50
Ground Pepper 100
What happened to palm oil ?cheap lies ☹️
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2022
Here we go again. Let's see If they will Invade this thread..grin
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Wpp1: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ok
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by PlaysNigeria: 12:16am On Jul 07, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 5
Dished soup

Bon-apetit grin
Channah, so you can cook like this, and me and you have been fighting? Oya don't let us fight again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by olisaEze(m): 12:20am On Jul 07, 2022
Very optimistic size of pot for ingredients worth N1k. Nigerian ladies can be very enterprising when it’s their money at work. But once it’s a guy’s money na, N1k no go fit buy meat sef! Nice one agirlie, hope u have ur PVC though. So that u & I can at least vote the right candidate that’ll make tomorrow’s N1k soup match the size of that pot comfortably. grin
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by YourFavorite21(m): 12:47am On Jul 07, 2022
Op, where do you base.?
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Lexusgs430: 3:34am On Jul 07, 2022
Channah1:

Meat. 500
Stockfish head 200
Ogbono. 150
Ugu. 50
Maggie crayfish 50
Ground Pepper 100

I dey imagine if I give you ₦20,000 for soup........ I go chop beta soup + bride price already paid ........ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by ariesbull: 4:23am On Jul 07, 2022
Channah1:

Meat. 500
Stockfish head 200
Ogbono. 150
Ugu. 50
Maggie crayfish 50
Ground Pepper 100

Abeg where you see meat 500 and ugu 50
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by Ken4Christ: 4:35am On Jul 07, 2022
Channah1:

Meat. 500
Stockfish head 200
Ogbono. 150
Ugu. 50
Maggie crayfish 50
Ground Pepper 100

Cost of palm oil was not included.
Transportation cost is also not there.
What about the cost of kerosene or gas consumed?
So, it's a one meal soup?
Re: How I Prepared A Very Delicious Ogbono Soup On A Budget with 1k. PICS. by phemmyfour: 5:41am On Jul 07, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 5
Dished soup

Bon-apetit grin
Now, this is how to eat eba. Small portion is key

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught This Morning By Me! / Suggested Receipes For A Diabetic / Prices Of Paddy Drop In States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.