Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " (8476 Views)

Throw Back Pix Of Gej's House, When He Had No Shoes / GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / Reuben Abati On Tenure Elongation (before Before) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Donmeca(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2011
I will support this proposal if it will be passed as a continuation of the current tenure. That is the president and all first term governors should stay on and leave in 2017 while all second term governors will vacate office in 2015. INEC will only conduct elections in these second term states in 2015 and we carry on like that. staggered elections have helped make the system more transparent. I will not support people saying it will take effect in 2015 as it will give undue advantage to some  politicians and may create a constitutional logjam.

Or better still, why can't we learn from the Russians? They run a system that allows a president to come back (and complete his/her tenure) after atleast 4 years of leaving his first official tenure. We can modify ours by allowing them to come back after 8 years (by then Nigerians must av seen the work of two other different presidents/governors), we can then decide to bring the person back or not. U will see people trying to out-perform others in order to have something to campaign with 4 2nd term.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by mathskill: 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
I am not from jonathan's place but i fully support a one term tenure for all our elected office holder's but on the condition that the immunity clause is removed so our leader's can be put to check.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by BigMeat2: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
This is not want is required from the presidency.
He should be keeping the National Assembly busy by sending them proper bills to debate upon and not this useless agenda.
Clearly shows that Mr President hasn't sound policies that will move the country forward.
This tenure elongation bill will now occupy the country for the next four years, thus affecting other areas that needs proper attention and supervision - re: OBJ's third term agenda.

On the other hand, if this bill should be implemented, I think the immunity clause for elected leaders should be removed so that they can be prosecuted if need be.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by VoodooDoll(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ Donmeca ^^^^^^^^^^^

Your proposal will see something like this:

OBJ to Iyabo > 8 years > Iyabo  to OBJ > 8 Years> OBJ to Iyabo - ad infinitum
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by mathskill: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
mathskill:

I am not from jonathan's place but i fully support a one term tenure of not more than six years for all our elected office holder's but on the condition that the immunity clause is removed so our leader's can be  put to check.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by playmode(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
When you look at some of comments made by people who are willing to support this stupid bill, you will realize that it is not the politicians who are destroying Nigeria but the masses themselves who sheepishly follow and approve everything the like of GEJ proposes to them.

I used to think Nigeria had intelligent people but Nairaland has made me realize that Nigeria only has unintelligent educated people.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Gbawe: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
@all.

Our problems are institutional. Any attempt at progress for Nigeria that does not involve very difficult institutional reform will just be an exercise in futility. So far, GEJ has not done one single thing that shows he is aware of of the cause of our problems . The NNPC has become the home of corruption. Why entrust it with the important duty of the turn around of our refineries when , the last time we attempted to privatize, many competent firms where queuing to buy? Selfish interest prevented the privatization of our refineries in the past and the same now holds true under GEJ also.

The problem for GEJ is that what must be done to secure progress for Nigeria will go against the interests of his AGIP backers and ruinous sponsors in the "owners of Nigeria" club. It is only fools who will think the numerous AGIP backers of GEJ did not lay 'conditions' down for him that gained all the "endorsement" that led to his eventual win. Project GEJ is project AGIP and Project "business as usual". This is why we are seeing all these weird decisions from GEJ that pay homage to political expediency rather than to commonsense, sincerity or a hierarchical appraisal of what needs to be done and in what order .
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by edicolove: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
playmode:

When you look at some of comments made by people who are willing to support this silly bill, you will realize that it is not the politicians who are destroying Nigeria but the masses themselves who sheepishly follow and approve everything the like of GEJ proposes to them.

I used to think Nigeria had intelligent people but Nairaland has made me realize that Nigeria only has unintelligent educated people.

You are a very daft guy trying to claim some form of intelligence. What is wrong with the bill. You havent made one single point that is wrong with the bill and you call other people unintelligent. arm chair critics like you on NL are really the ones that are unintelligent
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Donmeca(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2011
VoodooDoll:

@ Donmeca ^^^^^^^^^^^

Your proposal will see something like this:

OBJ to Iyabo > 8 years > Iyabo  to OBJ > 8 Years> OBJ to Iyabo - ad infinitum

I don't think so broda. . .more like Obj to Iyabo 4 yrs, Iyabo to Tinubu 4yrs, Tinubu to Obj 4 yrs, Obj to Iyabo 4 yrs, iyabo to Tinubu 4 yrs, Tinubu to Atiku/Ekwueme>>>

. . .and pls, it's not ad infinitum. . .there is a max of two tenure.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by ideylaff: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
Abati don craze!

GEJ, Vare come hia, you dey craze too?

Dem swear for una?

[color=#000099]I thought Abati was even going to settle down and look at things.4 a while, not knowing that he will get on the ground and just prove
others right that he his a chameleon

What a bastard, Tschewwwwwww

O ma she ooo. what a pity,

According to our Leader this is the most important thing to get the SINators and RepresentaTHIEVES to do 1st, angry

not education
not employment
not security
not empowerment of SME's
not Fiscal and Monetary issues

[b]we are a FAILED NATION. confirmed, [/[/b]color] shocked sad
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Solozzo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
GEJ has mentioned this Tenure elongation idea before the elections. Now he has his chance. It Is up to us Nigerians to reject or accept his indecent proposal.

I rest my case.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by SSaemoenl(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
Nigerians are the beneficiary of this, I saw this coming and we keep informing Nigerians to 4get about self-serve and vote for radical change .A President that have not lay out his programms for almost 3 moths in office and his first agenda is to elongate his office. [size=17pt]More surprises awaiting!!![/size]
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2011
playmode:

When you look at some of comments made by people who are willing to support this silly bill, you will realize that it is not the politicians who are destroying Nigeria but the masses themselves who sheepishly follow and approve everything the like of GEJ proposes to them.

There is a difference between being schooled and being educated. You can be educated without being schooled and in reverse you can be schooled without being educated. The vast majority of Nigerian graduates are schooled but not educated. Hence, we have ourselves in this very sad position as a country.

This is the truth and it is the reason why our elites ensure that their children get educated abroad.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnrPeIZFknE&feature=fvwrel[/flash]

Bill seeking to expand their loot coffers,

The people are raging  angry

Time to march to Aso.  tongue
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by shynar24(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
elongation or no elongation noting is working 4 us in dis country
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by tokunbobo(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2011
I'm so disappointed in GEJ. he is a fool and he is stupid. Instead of him facing the pressing issues which are the most important thing, he's busy worrying his ass on matters that are not relevant for now.

We have issues like insecurity, boko haram, unemployment, corruption etc. This shows that he is not setting his priorities right. I hope we have not voted him the wrong man. I pray we dont get badluck instead of goodluck.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by mbulela: 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2011
edicolove:

Many of you here in NL try to sound like intelectuals but you are mostly ignorant peeps and armchair critics who constantly show by their posts that they have never held leadership positions. This is the best bill to pass at this time. Settling this will have a spiral effect on everything else. Electoral reform is the key to peace and stability in Nigeria and GEJ is tackling that and should be given credit for it. He has already said he wont be benefitting from it so that puts paid to any talk of him trying to elongate his stay. So that establishes it as a genuine reform. If we settle this, we have settled a major national issue that will garantee development at all levels.
In the recesses of your mind, is this the most important issue that needs legeslative attention?
how is tenure a major national issue?
how does it guarantee development at all levels?
how about a bill to tackle the cost of govt which can and will have an immediate impact on the citizenry?
instead of this bill whose impact is all up in conjectures.
you maybe right that opponents of this bill are ignorant,the onus lies on you to educate them.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Jkorokoro: 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
my people make una no too shout. una don forget say we be nigerians.

Oga shoeless and clueless Jonathan, my simple question be say which one u like, shey na APPLE or na TEA u want make we offer u?
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by hamsky: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2011
I swear their will be war in Nigeria if this bill eventually goes through, I thnk GEJ is just a foolish and Greedy Motherfucking Clueless backstabbing Puppet.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by jaymdee(m): 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
So folks are now shocked beyond borders at the way the belly of the fish is changing Jonah. Once upon a time, he was the humble,no sandal-wea ring kid with torn uniform and all that jazz. Now, he's revealing his Gaddafi tendencies and ill traits. Good luck 'patient' Nigerians. I salute una.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Ivynwa(f): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2011
It was disgusting to see this in CNN, a country where others are terrorizing the whole nation with bomb blasts, where religious groups arise and fall upon others who don't believe as they do, where tribes arise and fall upon others because they want to be kings forever. A country where many are hungry, where jobless youths have given the nation bad reputation, where there is no law much more order and all this president can think about is how to elongate tenure.
He seems to be forgetting that a revolution is sweeping across our world, he should be praying that the Nigerian people don't arise to revolt when he is still in power. Somebody should tell him to go to work and give order to the people because that is what he is being paid to do.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by anishe(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2011
This man GEJ is damn crazy. Boko Haram is killing everybody, there is serious epileptic power supply, the state of the nigerian roads are bad. our medical facilities are in shamble and all he can think of is tenure elongation. Does this GEJ have sense at all? me dont think so.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by DrummaBoy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2011
I want to know if those who voted GEJ still feel he is the bust of FRESH AIR we need in this country
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by DrummaBoy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
A friend of mine who supported GEJ is almost cursing him now
Abeg Jarus abi Seun, find Beaf for us. He has som expl 2 do
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by ideylaff: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2011
Many of you here in NL try to sound like intelectuals but you are mostly ignorant peeps and armchair critics who constantly show by their posts that they have never held leadership positions. This is the best bill to pass at this time. Settling this will have a spiral effect on everything else. Electoral reform is the key to peace and stability in Nigeria and GEJ is tackling that and should be given credit for it. He has already said he wont be benefitting from it so that puts paid to any talk of him trying to elongate his stay. So that establishes it as a genuine reform. If we settle this, we have settled a major national issue that will garantee development at all levels.

@ edicolove, please can you tell us on NL what the colour of GEJ's pant is 2day, cos it seems that's where u are working towards if you are not already by his backside, naw

How on earth can you find words to justify this as a priority, even if this site has mumus, some of us get sense naw,

Please , Please,  Please.

The GOOD LORD will judge them all. AMEN,

Wicked Souls, and Heartless Barstards,
sad
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by totorimi: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
Good idea but bad timing to push for it, there is much work to be done. Tackle security, electricity, education, unemployment, road, healthcare, agriculture, inflation and then people will push his bill not you.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Funkymallam(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2011
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/july/27/national-27-07-2011-01.html How do we read on nairaland or is it the fallen standard of our educational system or just ignorant. My country,
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by VoodooDoll(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
^^^^^^^^

Is that the same way he signed up to PDP zoning and reneged. Or promised technocrats in his cabinet and filled it with dumb, dumbs,

Abeg siddon.

May the good Lord in Heaven multiply Goodluck Jonathan's plans for Nigeria by ten and lay them on the head of his descendants for evermore.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Gbawe: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
When Saharareporters hinted that Jonathan would employ Abati they were abused by the apologists of GEJ. Lo and behold, it came to pass . When they stated that Jonathan would seek tenure elongation the shameless fans of GEJ wasted no time in pouring invectives on the news agency. Now it is formal.

Saharareporters are now stating that they have uncovered that the single 7 year tenure is a way for GEJ to benefit from this without facing another election after having pledged only to do one term . As usual "Mr. Fix it" (Tony Anenih) is involved in this nefarious plot. Who wants to bet against Saharareporters? Their accuracy means that it may even be our First Lady who is their Aso Rock mole. For all those saying GEJ will not benefit from this tenure elongation , I call only ask you not to run your lives as naively as you view political events given how you can miss all that Nigerian political history should have made crystal clear to you. Of all the pressing issue at hand this one that will "not benefit" GEJ is the most important for him to deal with right now abi? I hail una Einstein thinking. Even the article below picks up on this:
It is significant that, even before touching a single one of his mountain of electoral promises, Mr. Jonathan has chosen to unveil what one of his critics called “a selfish plan.”

A diplomatic source from one of the EU nations said that he was aware that Mr. Jonathan’s proposal had been floating around. “However, the timing struck us as surprising.” The diplomat said the administration “might be too bogged down pushing through the plan to pay attention to needed reform policies.”

A few political analysts who spoke to us said they were astonished that Mr. Jonathan would set a new tenure proposal as a priority. But insiders described Jonathan's position as a ploy to achieve tenure elongation.
Nigeria will be broke and renamed Naijanistan or Niraq by the time GEJ and his callous co-traveller are done with selfish measures that can only heat up the polity further, cause more deep rancour and lead to more senseless blood-letting .

http:///news-page/jonathans-single-term-proposal-scam

Jonathan's Single-Term Proposal A Scam
Posted: July 27, 2011 - 05:55
Goodluck Jonathan

Yesterday, as President Goodluck Jonathan unveiled a proposal stipulating a single 7-year tenure for the office of Nigeria’s president as well as state governors, his office circulated a press statement focusing on Mr. Jonathan’s reported concern about the widespread acrimony generated every four years at the federal and state levels as a result of re-election campaigns.

Still, [b]SaharaReporters’ investigations revealed that the new proposal is nothing but an ill-disguised tenure elongation scheme by Mr. Jonathan who desires to add seven more years to his tenure as president without going through fresh elections. Handicapped by his open pledge to spend only one term in office, Mr. Jonathan has fashioned the single seven-year term as a gambit to prolong his presidency.

One of our sources disclosed that Tony Anenih, a former Minister for Works, and Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, are critical to Mr. Jonathan’s current plans. “Chief Anenih has moved back into Aso Rock as a trusted adviser to President Jonathan on this issue,” said the source. He added, “The president has also entrusted Mrs. Alison-Madueke with the task of raising the funds to enable the plan succeed.” Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke played a huge role in sourcing funds for Jonathan’s presidential campaign. Our source disclosed, “She was brought back as minister, despite the First Lady’s objections, because of how reliable she can be in getting the funds to achieve the new proposal.”
[/b]
According to our reports released in December 2010, Jonathan had made up his mind to extend his tenure by hook or crook even before the 2011 elections that brought him to office. He first broached the idea with members of the Save Nigeria Group who visited him, stating that he considered four years too short a time to make any impact.

Several sources close to the Presidency have told SaharaReporters that today’s press release, which came barely three months after Mr. Jonathan was sworn in to a four-year tenure, was the opening salvo in a larger strategy to achieve tenure elongation, even though Mr. Jonathan claimed that he did not intend to benefit from the arrangement.

An insider who is familiar with the plot revealed that Mr. Jonathan’s rhetoric and plan are meant to deflect the suspicion and resistance of those most likely to oppose the project.

In fact, the scheme borrows from the well-worn scripts of past attempts at tenure elongation. In the same style of his successors who sought tenure elongation, Mr. Jonathan is using appeals to altruistic motives, his own patriotic zeal, and claims that he would not be a "beneficiary" of the single term project to mask his real intentions and to make his plot more palatable.

“Mark my word, this is what I call a political scam-bait aimed at cunning Nigerians to buy into this questionable project,” said an Abuja-based lawyer. He added, “Once Nigerians accept this, then President Jonathan’s handlers and state governors will orchestrate a massive campaign in the ostensible name of Nigerians to prevail on Jonathan to become the first beneficiary.”

The source, who obtained details of the plan from Mr. Jonathan’s closest associates, stated that Mr. Jonathan would be sold “as the candidate best positioned to secure Nigeria’s political stability and guarantee its continued corporate existence.”

Former military dictators Ibrahim Babangida and Sani Abacha applied some of the same tactics in their respective quests for tenure elongation. Mr. Babangida engineered what he projected as a campaign to empower “new breed politicians”. But his lofty-sounding campaign degenerated into a self-perpetuating gimmick. Nigerians caught on to Mr. Babangida’s designs when he cancelled several party primaries that his regime oversaw and twice postponed handover dates. In the process he banned and unbanned many politicians, and eventually created two political parties funded by his government. When the parties eventually produced presidential candidates and contested peaceful, free and fair elections in 1993, Mr. Babangida annulled the result, hoping to remain in office and organize fresh elections in which he wanted to be a candidate. However, a civil uprising chased him out of office.

Mr. Abacha, too, organized a transition program in which all the five political parties he approved and funded were programmed to adopt him as their presidential candidate. Mr. Abacha died while the parties were putting finishing touches to a bizarre arrangement that would have seen him contest an “election” in which he was on the ticket of five parties.

Since the advent of civilian rule in 1999, tenure elongation has returned as a recurring problem. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo staged one of the most daring attempts at self-perpetuation by sponsoring the “third term” project.

Much like Jonathan's current proposal, Mr. Obasanjo began by assembling a group of Nigerians, led by Justice Nikki Tobi and Rev. Fr. Hassan Kukah, to engage in a so-called constitutional conference. As soon as the conference went underway, Mr. Obasanjo’s carefully chosen acolytes began pushing to change the constitution to allow him a third term in office. When the controversial conference collapsed, Mr. Obasanjo's associates took to the National Assembly where they submitted a proposal for a constitutional amendment permitting a “third term” in office.

In order to advance the deal, a motley group of corrupt politicians and shady businessmen lined up behind Obasanjo, calling him the "father of modern Nigeria." The group spent billions of naira siphoned from state treasuries, corporate donations and the coffers of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). In Jigawa state, former Governor Saminu Turaki stole N6 billion in one day to fund the third term project.

The project collapsed in the face of massive opposition from the Nigerian masses. Since he had expected the third term gamble to work, Mr. Obasanjo had made little or no preparations for real elections. Still smarting from the ringing defeat of his scheme, Mr. Obasanjo used former INEC chairman Maurice Iwu to organize sham elections, imposing his stooges in power. The fraudulent process produced a sickly Umaru Yar'Adua as president and Goodluck Jonathan as his deputy.

Sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan was using semantics to mislead Nigerians about his true plans. As of December 2010, he had already set his sight on obtaining a seven-year tenure.

Yesterday’s press release from Mr. Jonathan’s office was silent on the number of years involved in the single-tenure proposal. However, in our December 19, 2010 report, we had revealed that the plan was to peg the term at seven years. Part of that 2010 report read: “In a game that is yielding surprises and re-engineered alliances daily, Jonathan’s hunt for a ‘spiritual’ edge is to bolster his determination to stay in office for seven years, if he gets elected in 2011, not just for the four-year tenure he was reportedly endorsed for.” We also added: “SaharaReporters sources revealed that contrary to what is being touted in public, Jonathan has secretly cobbled together a team of strategists and manipulators that include ‘Mr. Fix-It’ Anthony Anenih and Jerry Gana, with the objective of putting together a blueprint for one-time 7-year tenure for Jonathan as soon as the elections are over in April 2011.”

It is significant that, even before touching a single one of his mountain of electoral promises, Mr. Jonathan has chosen to unveil what one of his critics called “a selfish plan.”

A diplomatic source from one of the EU nations said that he was aware that Mr. Jonathan’s proposal had been floating around. “However, the timing struck us as surprising.” The diplomat said the administration “might be too bogged down pushing through the plan to pay attention to needed reform policies.”

A few political analysts who spoke to us said they were astonished that Mr. Jonathan would set a new tenure proposal as a priority. But insiders described Jonathan's position as a ploy to achieve tenure elongation.

“President Jonathan knows too well that an industry of sycophants – including elders, Christian groups, traditional rulers, students, amorphous youth groups and jobless politicians – would quickly coalesce around this proposal and ask that he be the first beneficiary,” said one of our sources, adding that Mr. Jonathan was already planning to “fund and fuel the agitation.”
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by bizonline1: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
This govt has completely lost it. With all the myrad of problems in the country (unemployment, security, bad roads, inflation, poverty, infant motality, illiteracy, etc), all they could think of is tenure elongation. Nigerians should clap for themselves for voting in "fresh air". Mark you, this is the begining of "fresh air" for Nigerians
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Gbawe: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
VoodooDoll:

^^^^^^^^

Is that the same way he signed up to PDP zoning and reneged.  Or promised technocrats in his cabinet and filled it with dumb, dumbs,

Abeg siddon.

May the good Lord in Heaven multiply Goodluck Jonathan's plans for Nigeria by ten and lay them on the head of his descendants for evermore.

My brother , don't mind some Nigerians. They are simply the poorest students of history on earth and this is why we keep annoyingly repeating the same mistakes as a Nation. Did OBJ ever openly agitate for third term? Instead it was 'others' "begging OBJ" to present himself because he "is the best man for the job". As saharareporters stated above , this is the first phase. Once the amendment sails through the next thing is to set the "boy without shoe" propaganda machine to work once again. We will then hear that "Jonathan must stand because his humility is holding Nigeria together" . His "mature and cool handling of security challenges" (when Nigerians are dying) is the "only way to secure peace" in Nigeria. I just don't know how a people who have suffered so much through political deciet can still remain so gullible. Simply embarrassing and pathetic .
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by POTUT(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
When I heard this, I promptly diagreed with the notions it was projecting.

The ONLY thing ABSOLUTELY wrong with this Bill is that it is NOT the solution to the problems raised by Mr. President!

I am shocked that the calibre of Reuben Abati is strong enough to twist his own conscience into making this announcement so early in his appointment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Debt Profile Of Nigerian States: Top 5 External Debtors / Heard Just Now That MR President Is Very Sick And Possibly Dead ??????? / PDP Members Rejoice As Buhari Emerges APC's Presidential Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.