Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " (8273 Views)

Throw Back Pix Of Gej's House, When He Had No Shoes / GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / Reuben Abati On Tenure Elongation (before Before) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Gbenge77(m): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2011
Ok,Dude had no shoes growing up.And by stroke of luck he becomes the president.Having been in office for a year with all the paraphanelia,suddenly,he cannot fathom life without power.And a seven year agenda creeps in.I ve got an explanation for this :Butter o kin se ounje obo(no pun intended)
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Thatdave(m): 6:42am On Jul 27, 2011
go om mr. president, we"re solidly behind u.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by fuke(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2011
I knew for long and I said it.

Nothing good will come from this man

He is wasting precious time on nothingness.

Next step. The lawmakers will beg him to be the
first beneficiary of this elongation and he will accept
in the interest of Nigerians.

Doom.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 27, 2011
I was actually going to say yes to this bill untill some one made it known that Governors won't have fear of not being re elected anymore,

that basically, is the best argument against it, Jonathan might be considering all it takes to get there for two terms etc but for me, it's not how you get there, it what you do there that matters,
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 27, 2011
We shouldn't waste time on this YEYE bill, Facebook is there, Twitter is there, even our TIWA N TIWA nairaland is there, lets call for a group to stop this dump move,
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Teedol: 7:29am On Jul 27, 2011
Haba Mr. President, are u trying to tell us that we shouldn't expect anything positive from you in the next 3yrs and 10 months? Obviously you are trying to say 4 yrs is too short to achieve anything meaningful.

Secondly, I think you are afraid pple might not vote u in the second time,hence you introduced 7 yrs single term. Its not compulsory for you to lord over Nigerians,if you feel you can rule ,pls oga presido, step down.Absolute pwr corrupts absolutely.

For your info, we are waiting patiently for you to finish your 4 yr term and go,pls dont even dream about a 7yr term, or else Nigeria will become History.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:34am On Jul 27, 2011
I am not trying to defend this bill, I am almost sure we do not need this distraction now but I want you guys to please clarify this "fear of being re elected".
I still don't see the sense of this argument of re election, since when are politicians afraid of the populace? They only care about the political Godfathers who put them there in the first place, elections in Nigeria are very far from free and fair.
Lucky igbibedion - 8 years of rubbish and no one could do anything about it after the first four years his father said if a pikin fail class he go repeat am and even as abysmal as edo state was he was left to loot for another 4 years. Note that change of power was only achieved when an election in which he was leaving office was held.
Otunba Gbenga Daniel - Need I say more 8 years of rubbish but still managed to hold on to power after the first four years and only an election where he was leaving office paved the way for another party.
Timpreye Silva - currently doing nothing as we speak had his tenure elongated by the courts and you guys really think he will loose when the next round of elections kick in?
Emma McClueless Uduaghan - His cousins 8 years was a farce and perfected the art of stealing without remorse. odidigboigbo 1 of the universe foisted this administrative rookie on delta state and look after four years of no development in the state he still won not only re election but another wction in the space of months.
The list is endless Peter Obi, Peter odili, Theodore orji, liyel imoke will win again, am sure you all get the point.
So aside from the sophisticated south west is there anywhere incumbents don't get automatic tickets?
I guess my point is who wants to loot will do so 4, 6, 8, 10 years notwithstanding the fear of re election IMO is not because they would be voted out by people but because the would have fallen out of favour with the politicians that put them there.
Just yesterday Emma McClueless told a world press conference that politics business is the most lucrative and thriving business in Nigeria, the reason why the education projects in the state had not kicked off was because contracts are given directly to the politicians that delivered and they sublet and sublet that by the time it reaches the hand of contractors they cannot even carry out the projects. But in his words " if you do not carry them along you will find yourself out after 4 years".
So my dear Nigerians who is fooling who, their first tenure is spent appeasing their Godfathers and the second tenure is spent appeasing their pockets. I am almost sure that if rotimi amaechi did not come in through the courts he would not have acheived as much as he did. Even at that he was still bugged down by political Godfathers he was practically an enemy to Peter Odili who did not step foot in the state for that four years till they reconciled.
There is some sense in this bill, but this is what happens when people have no confidence in your Government.
Only the truth will set Nigeria free.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by GMcompere: 7:38am On Jul 27, 2011
My Thoughts:

Is this what we need now? With Bokos  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,  PHCN, Bombings, Porous borders, inefficient govt agencies, bad road, corruption, the list is endless

GEJ should focus on resolving few of the above-mentioned and not asking for tenure elongation when we cant even see what he has done within the few months in power.

This man is just a distracted fellow. Fresh Air Indeed!!!!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by wiswar: 7:39am On Jul 27, 2011
i wish i could see him and punch him,  this is indeed a failed state and with his plan it is only a matter of months before nigeria crash.   Useless and untrain pilot.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Afam4eva(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2011
As if this will be the best thing to happen to Nigeria after amala. What about other more pertinent issues like revenue allocation, fiscal federalism, resource control, state creation etc.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 7:49am On Jul 27, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

I am not trying to defend this bill, I am almost sure we do not need this distraction now but I want you guys to please clarify this "fear of being re elected".
I still don't see the sense of this argument of re election, since when are politicians afraid of the populace? They only care about the political Godfathers who put them there in the first place, elections in Nigeria are very far from free and fair.
Lucky igbibedion - 8 years of rubbish and no one could do anything about it after the first four years his father said if a pikin fail class he go repeat am and even as abysmal as edo state was he was left to loot for another 4 years. Note that change of power was only achieved when an election in which he was leaving office was held.
Otunba Gbenga Daniel - Need I say more 8 years of rubbish but still managed to hold on to power after the first four years and only an election where he was leaving office paved the way for another party.
Timpreye Silva - currently doing nothing as we speak had his tenure elongated by the courts and you guys really think he will loose when the next round of elections kick in?
Emma McClueless Uduaghan - His cousins 8 years was a farce and perfected the art of stealing without remorse. odidigboigbo 1 of the universe foisted this administrative rookie on delta state and look after four years of no development in the state he still won not only re election but another wction in the space of months.
The list is endless Peter Obi, Peter odili, Theodore orji, liyel imoke will win again, am sure you all get the point.
So aside from the sophisticated south west is there anywhere incumbents don't get automatic tickets?
I guess my point is who wants to loot will do so 4, 6, 8, 10 years notwithstanding the fear of re election IMO is not because they would be voted out by people but because the would have fallen out of favour with the politicians that put them there.
Just yesterday Emma McClueless told a world press conference that politics business is the most lucrative and thriving business in Nigeria, the reason why the education projects in the state had not kicked off was because contracts are given directly to the politicians that delivered and they sublet and sublet that by the time it reaches the hand of contractors they cannot even carry out the projects. But in his words " if you do not carry them along you will find yourself out after 4 years".
So my dear Nigerians who is fooling who, their first tenure is spent appeasing their Godfathers and the second tenure is spent appeasing their pockets.

Thank you for listing more reasons why the bill is DUMB and manipulative.

Jonathan as FOOOOOLISH as he is will write his name in gold and make himself a hero if he can fight corruption. Implementing the original electoral act (not the watery one passed by the DUUUMB senate) will solve most of the problems analysed here.

Even a 2week term will not stop the nonsense arrangement we call elections while the Police and INEC are appointed and funded at he pleasure of the executive. It is a no brainer, unfortunately your leaders are brainless thugs, not ideological visionaries.

zameen:

We shouldn't waste time on this YEYE bill, Facebook is there, Twitter is there, even our TIWA N TIWA nairaland is there, lets call for a group to stop this dump move,

We are the group you are seeking, put it on your facebook and twitter and keep discussing it with your friends and relatives, the struggle starts with you.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by daroz(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2011
You guys are all saying rubbish. Why are u concentrating on the disadvantages and disregarding the advantages?
And why are u pretending not to see this.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

.,.,.,.,.,, ,.,.,.,.If the proposed amendment is accepted by the National Assembly, the President assures that he will not in any way be a beneficiary.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

So my dear Nigerians who is fooling who, their first tenure is spent appeasing their Godfathers and the second tenure is spent appeasing their pockets. I am almost sure that if rotimi amaechi did not come in through the courts he would not have acheived as much as he did. Even at that he was still bugged down by political Godfathers he was practically an enemy to Peter Odili who did not step foot in the state for that four years till they reconciled.
There is some sense in this bill, but this is what happens when people have no confidence in your Government.
Only the truth will set Nigeria free.

you're forgetting the revenge of the rascals

thats what this is all about imho

acn came out of nowhere and took over the SW
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2011
afam4eva:

As if this will be the best thing to happen to Nigeria after amala. What about other more pertinent issues like revenue allocation, fiscal federalism, resource control, state creation etc.

Jonathan Goodluck cannot do those things you listed. His presidential campaign was funded and supported by those who will lose out if we do those things, same for your Senators and Governors. Until you all find a way to kill them all or at least elect a president with the balls and radical determination to fight the status quo, you cannot have those fundamental changes. sorry

You asked for goofluck Jonathan now you have him, too bad.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2011
daroz:

You guys are all saying rubbish. Why are u concentrating on the disadvantages and disregarding the advantages?

.,.,.,.,.,, ,.,.,.,.If the proposed amendment is accepted by the National Assembly, the President assures that he will not in any way be a beneficiary.

we've heard other flowery bs before

fresh air from uganda - thats what gej picked from that 20 year president

focker wants to take nigeria down the path of sit tight incompetent rulers
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by enyojo(f): 8:05am On Jul 27, 2011
Jonathan wants single, longer term
VANGUARD on JULY 27, 2011 · in HEADLINES

By Rotimi Ajayi, Regional Editor, North; DANIEL IDONOR, DAPO AKINREFON, EMMAN OVUAKPORIE & Inalegwu Shaibu
ABUJA — The Presidency yesterday confirmed Vanguard’s report last Monday on a proposed constitutional amendment to restrict the Presidential and gubernatorial tenure to a single six-year term. Vanguard had also reported that President Jonathan and the incumbent governors will not benefit from the proposed single tenure.

Presidential spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati yesterday issued a statement confirming that President Goodluck Jonathan has concluded plans to send a bill to that effect to the National Assembly for consideration and passage.

According to the statement signed by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Dr Abati, “President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is to send a Constitution amendment Bill to the National Assembly that will provide a single tenure for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Governors of the 36 states of the Federation”.

He disclosed that “in the envisaged Bill, the tenure of members of the National and State Assemblies will also be a little more than four years, although lawmakers will still be eligible for re-election as their constituencies may determine”.

Jonathan’s patriotic zeal

“President Jonathan’s commitment to a single term for the President and Governors is borne out of a patriotic zeal, after a painstaking study and belief that the constitutionally guaranteed two terms for Presidents and Governors is not helping the focus of Governance and institutionalization of democracy at this stage of our development. A longer term for lawmakers would also help to stabilise the polity”, he added.

The aide said, “President Jonathan is concerned about the acrimony which the issue of re-election, every four years, generates both at the Federal and State levels. The nation is still smarting from the unrest, the desperation for power and the overheating of the polity that has attended each general election, the fall-out of all this is the unending inter and intra-party squabbles which have affected the growth of party democracy in the country, and have further undermined the country’s developmental aspirations”.

In addition, he noted that “the cost of conducting party primaries and the general elections have become too high for the economy to accommodate every four years”; adding that “the proposed amendment Bill is necessary to consolidate our democracy and allow elected Executives to concentrate on governance and service delivery for their full term, instead of running governments with re-election as their primary focus”.

He stated that “this clarification has become necessary in the light of certain reports in a section of the media that the proposed Bill is meant to elongate President Goodluck Jonathan’s tenure”.

“Nothing can be more untrue. The energy that has been devoted to speculations on the content of the likely bill is akin to an attempt to force the abortion of a non-existent pregnancy. The details of the Bill will be clear in terms of its provisions when it is forwarded to the National Assembly for consideration. The President makes it clear that his push for a single tenure for the office of the President and that of the Governors is not borne out of any personal interest”.

Besides, he explained that “the proposed amendment will not have anything to do with him as a person; what he owes Nigerians is good governance, and he is singularly committed to this. Besides, it is trite law that the envisaged amendment cannot have a retroactive effect. This means that whatever single-term tenure that is enacted into law by the National Assembly will take effect from 2015”.

“The President also states that the greater good of Nigeria is greater than the ambition of any one individual. The envisaged Bill is part of the Jonathan administration’s transformation agenda aimed at sanitizing the nation’s politics”.

Dr Abati further said that “the President believes that this single move, when actualized, will change the face of our politics and accelerate the overall development of our nation. If the proposed amendment is accepted by the National Assembly, the President assures that he will not in any way be a beneficiary”.

Bill will not be rubber-stamped

Meanwhile, the Senate has assured Nigerians that the proposed bill will not be rubber-stamped.
A top source in the office of Senate President revealed that even though it would be an executive bill, it would still be considered on its own merit.

The source said that with the announcement, the Senate President, David Mark will soon set up a constitutional review committee for the Senate.

On the composition of the Committee he said, “by convention, the Deputy Senate President will be the Chair of the Committee with a nomination from each state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory.

“After this, if there is any special interest, such as zonal interest, this may be accommodated.
“The Senate will announce standing committee by next week after that the Constitutional Review Committee will be announced.”

Buhari, Musa fault move

Reactions have however trailed the proposed bill. Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) who spoke through his media aide, Mr Yinka Odumakin called on Nigerians to resist moves by the presidency to elongate tenure for governors and presidents.

He said: “It is unfortunate that the President has not spent up to three months in office and he is contemplating tenure elongation. Why should that be his first priority? When the late Yar’Adua was president, he came up with his own agenda, he had his seven points agenda but the president, as far as we are concerned, has no agenda for the country. What that tells you is that he does not mean well for the country.

Just like he used the advantage when he took over after the death of Yar’Adua to consolidate his hold on power, he wants to use the same advantage to amend the constitution in his own favour.”

Speaking further, he said “Nigerians should oppose this plan and resist tenure elongation; tenure elongation should not be his priority for now. He has no solution to the Boko Haram crisis, inflation is threatening the country’s economy and all he is interested in is to elongate his tenure.”

In the same vein, former governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa described the move by the president as “a serious miscalculation.”

He said “the proposed tenure elongation is equivalent to 3rd Term. He should remember that Ibrahim Babangida, the late Sani Abacha and former President Olusegun Obasanjo failed while in office because their performance was beyond average.

Since he (Jonathan) became president, there is nothing fundamental he has achieved. As for me, tenure elongation is a serious miscalculation; and as far as Nigerians are concerned, they should not allow tenure elongation under any guise because the president and our governors have not performed well. If the president goes ahead, there will be serious consequence for him and the country.”

The Senators whose reactions were sought yesterday on the proposed bill however kept sealed lips, insisting that they can only comment when they are fully furnished with the details of the bill.

Two senators who spoke to vanguard yesterday in Abuja maintained that they cannot comment on a bill which they do not have details of.

Senator Smart Adeyemi, PDP Kogi in his reaction opted to make his comment when the bill is physically presented to the Senate. He said, “I cannot react to what I have not seen. I must see the content and the spirit of the bill first before I can make any comment. It means my education is not right for me to start commenting on what I have not seen.”

Also commenting, Senator Datti Ahmed, CPC Kaduna north, said he will reserve his comments till the official reading of the bill at the Senate. “I cannot say anything on the matter for two reasons, one the matter is too important for me to comment on phone without reading it on the order paper and two, it is also too important for me to comment on the phone on such a sensitive matter,” he added.

At the House of Representatives, Victor Ogene representing Ogbauru Federal Constituency said “if we ever get such a bill considered by both the House and the nation that will be okay but this crop of office holders who swore to an oath of allegiance for four years should count themselves out of it. It must be at all levels because we the legislators took our oath for four years so all current office holders are out of it till after 2015.”

Toby Ikechukwu representing Enugu simply said” if they bring it we will debate it and the House will take a position on it but for now let us wait for it to come so that we won’t contradict ourselves on the subject.”

Rep Zakari Mohammed representing Barauten/Kaiama Federal constituency said “ we are waiting for it to come but certainly some people will not benefit from it.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/jonathan-wants-single-longer-term/
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2011
okadaman,
Let's not be over the place, strengthening Inec surely is the key to moving Nigeria forward. But can we throw the fear of being re elected out of the window. What are the positives of this bill?

Oyb
Only the south west has been able to do it, and how many of those states had incumbents who lost? Look at it this way unless high tech equipment would be used for elections we arw going nowhere. Most of those politicians like OGB fell out with their Godfathers, but all the same sha I still think the bill has got positives. One thing is certain the polity would be so heated up I wonder if it would withstand the pressure.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 8:09am On Jul 27, 2011
daroz:

I bet you are one of the FOOOOLS who voted Jonathan in, right?

You did not see this from Abati:
This means that whatever single-term tenure that is enacted into law by the National Assembly will take effect from 2015.

Abi you believe a politician like Jonathan and all those corrupt IDIOOOOTTTS in the House of assembly will make a law they cannot benefit from? especially DUMB politicians with no ideological backbone like these ones you FOOOLISHLY elected?

So you believe Jonathan will not contest based on some "promise" even when the law might allow him to do so after 2015? FOOOOLISH NIGERIAN na hin you be!

Did they not promise to respect rotation in PDP before 2011 election?

It is a shame that people like you have a right to vote. Butt scratching DOOFUS!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 27, 2011
i guess if you start life as a shoeless boy, and then grow up to become president, then you will need a single long 7 year tenure, so that you can get use to travelling around in your brand new shoes!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by okadaman2: 8:26am On Jul 27, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

okadaman,
Let's not be over the place, strengthening Inec surely is the key to moving Nigeria forward. But can we throw the fear of being re elected out of the window. What are the positives of this bill?

I'm sorry sir, I'm not that kind of Nigerian. I drive Okada, I have no time for go slow.  THIS BILL HAS NO POSITIVES because it is founded on a faulty logic. it ignores the real problems, it's like chasing your own shadows.

If you cannot fix the broken foundation it is stupid to add more floors to the building, it will still collapse, even painting the building with Dulux sef will not save it.

Jonathan has enough advice, Nigerians don advice am, foreigners sef don put mouth.

As long as we continue with this present government structure where everything depends on the president and the executive at the center, we will never move forward.

A governor can have one term but if he still controls the police and INEC and he still has immunity, then what is the point? elections will still be unfair and the same acrimony oga abati is trying to fight will never go away in that atmoshpere of unfairness.

Federalism, Independent Electoral system, State police independent of the executive e.t.c will reduce that acrimony with little effort. Jonathan knows but he's too weak to do it.

I expect Abati to know that, but power corrupts. Nigerians need to stop deceiving themselves.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by lagcity(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2011
5 years and that's it!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Demdem(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2011
OdeChukwu, make the offices unattractive by influencing the RMAFC (or whatever they call those in charge of fixing political jobbers salary) to reduce drastically the wages, stipends, privileges and allowances of would-be recipient of these offices and you will see if there will still be heat within the polity during elections. decent and responsible people that has stuffs in the brain unlike yours with the interest of the people at heart will definitely emerge

Straight 6-yrs also has its pitfalls. a dictatorial leader can spring up and terrorise the nation for that 6yrs knowing fully well that he/she has nothing at stake.

Retardeen, cant you just use your brain for once angry angry angry angry You have a doctorate degree for crying out loud. Damn it.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Kinikini: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2011
It takes a lot of restraints not to yab this president of ours.

He has and continues to deliver Nigeria to the owners i.e politicians and AGIPs.  The loosers now know themselves. Those who voted for GEJ are clearly the loosers.
This government cannot claim it does not know how to address the fundamental problems of this countries as mentioned by many on this blog. Anyway, it is a sad reminder that Nigeria started another wasteful journey for four years maybe more since May 2011.  Meanwhile, these weak and visionless leadership will weaken the federal government to the extent that only a broomstick will be required to break up the fatherland.

Can any good thing come out of this country?
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by dustydee: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2011
why don't Nigerians ask questions? It will start from 2015, will the president contest in 2015?The cost of conducting primaries is too much for the economy to bear: I thuoght it's the parties that conduct primaries or are they saying they use state funds to conduct party primaries?
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by mckane1: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2011
God help us all
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by sweettweet: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2011
I knew right from the start that we've got a clueless president. All the reforms he promised do not matter to him but the issue of term elongation. I can only hope the Nigerian people will stand up to revolt against this useless and outrageous idea.
Jonathan is simply pathetic!!!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by SPIFF(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2011
Like I knew what this man can do. That is the more reason why I did not vote for him. Now to you who demanded for fresh air, I think you get what you want.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Demdem(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2011
MShittu:

Nigerians voted for this man in what was the 'freest and fairest' election in Nigeria since its return to democratic rule. Isn't this what we wanted?

Please dont be deceived. It was a fraud
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by zegmart: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2011
This shd be the last priority when we have burning issues on ground. selfishness simple
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by 1025: 9:17am On Jul 27, 2011
this is a combination of messiah and fresh air. if to say na me be joe, i for make this thing life so that all these money and lives wey we dey loose for election go stop.
as far as nigerians decided to make this man president, i will even as him to not only make this presidency a life something, let him alos make it heritable so that after him, his son or daughter will continue from where he stopped.
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2011
ehm, ehm, ehm eh
word fails me!
Re: Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " by VoodooDoll(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2011
Where is continuation of policies, so every 5 to 7 years we will be changing policies: economic, developmental, political, etc.

sElections will now be about installing a "King" who will rule for 7 years with impunity, steal blind and then flee to Dubai or elsewhere at the end of the term.

If we must have a change to single term, then I have one condition.

Forget passing the bill through both houses or constitutional amendment.

All governors, congressmen and the President should walk through every single local government area in Nigeria (East, South, West and North) without security or armed bodyguards.  If their "constituents" leave their hair untouched, then they should carry go, shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reps Want Perimeter Fencing Of Nigerian Borders / (photo+video) - Aba Angry Youths Celebr8 Biafra; Set Nigerian Flag On Fire Today / Tension As Bakassi Militants Send Strong Message To Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.