Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths (24880 Views)

Lagos Boat Accident: 15 Missing Passengers Found Dead / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / Ikorodu Lagos Boat Mishap: 4 Dead, 4 Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by edungene7: 9:43am On Jul 07, 2022
The judgment is to harsh on a supposed accident he too could have died as well
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Atypoded: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Mrkumareze(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2022
Zonefree:

[/b]

[b]

Are these reasons good enough for you?

No, he want the captain to kill all lagosians .
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
The sentence is Too harsh, maybe i am wrong

Way too harsh... Justice is confused in Nigeria!

Why can't they jail looters and politicians for at least 20 years in this nation?!! Yet they jail phone thieves for life.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by chigoizie7(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2022
Okay. As it should be, as long as he didn’t follow due protocols.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by maasoap(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Overloading a boat!
No live saving jackets either! May be the good thing was that he should have died alongside the passengers. But he wouldn't because he knows how to swim and that's why majority of them give the safety of the passengers a low priority. 13 lives!

4 Likes

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by iwaeda: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2022
Zonefree:

[/b]

[b]

Do you believe anyone can do anything like that in Lagos, without Bale, Oba, LASG, LG, touts and Agbero approving and collecting their shares angry angry angry angry angry.
How many years has he been operating before the mishap grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by mimee9(f): 9:48am On Jul 07, 2022
Too harsh �

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by omoadeleye(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Or maybe something is wrong with your sanity
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Akerele44(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

May God not let's us loose our love ones due to a single person carelessness

Consider them giving him death by hanging
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by geewean(m): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2022
It's that same greediness that is the Hallmark of the one you are canvassing votes for.His own,millions of Nigerians will die.Lekki toll gate collection, Agbero motor levies,Iya oloja revenues are all fact proofs of his greed.Now you want me to nationalise chief Emi Lo kan greed to the federal level with my PVC.No way bruh!

Parachoko:
Good one

If he didn't carry beyond the Boat capacity, 13 people won't have died.

His greediness and negligence lead to the death of 13 Nigerians.

Vote for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by RillJ(m): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2022
DenreleDave:
If guilty, let justice be upheld..

But why would a captain wants to endanger his own life talk less of others lives

Ignorance (not excusable)!
Desperation!
Irresponsibility!
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Graciousnaija: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2022
Same should apply to commercial and truck drivers who have no regard for safety of other road users.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Parachoko: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2022
geewean:

It's that same greediness that is the Hallmark of the one you are canvassing votes for.His own millions of Nigerians will die.Lekki toll gates collection, Agbero motor levies,Iya oloja revenues are all fact proofs of his greed.Now you want me to nationalise chief Emi Lo kan greed to the federal level with my PVC.No way bruh!

Take your evidence to court.

My support for the Jargaban Borgu is Unshakable

3 Likes

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2022
Zonefree:

[/b]

[b]

when you overload a car, you get flat tyre, or the car breaks down. But boats, it sinks.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2022
omoadeleye:

Or maybe something is wrong with your sanity

So how come commercial drivers aren't given the same judgement

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Munamoqel: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2022
Zonefree:

[/b]

[b]

he a citizen of a jungle so it normal to overload people .
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by isahsalee: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
The sentence is Too harsh, maybe i am wrong.

Yes, jail for life haba, 5-10 yrs ok for me

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by olowo1930: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2022
A boat captain and pilot of aircraft are expected to die with their crew when perils occur

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by VEHINTOLAR: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2022
epagana:
Don't Vote for PETER OBI

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Raphaprayergrou: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2022
Nonsense Judgement,but bandits can't even be arraigned in court for justice talk more of sentencing them to life in prisonment, hypocrites every were in the system.
If you survive in Nigeria for more 10years you need to offer praises and sacrifices to the source of creation
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by EgunMogaji2: 10:10am On Jul 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
The sentence is Too harsh, maybe i am wrong.

It is too harsh

The passengers are also culpable.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Dscop: 10:14am On Jul 07, 2022
Scamupdates:
any good reason for that

You're obviously ret.arded. What a stuupid question.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Prince001(m): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Very good , there must be repercussions for all actions

What about the politicians that render d whole country useless in almost all aspect of life? Killing people every day without remorse or repercussion!!!!!! Yoruba Nation, Biafra republic no going back!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2022
jkpbestseries:
While bandits are walking freely
how does this relate to bandits?

So because bandits are walking freely, everyone else should be allowed to commit crime?
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by SarkinYarki: 10:16am On Jul 07, 2022
Prince001:

What about the politicians that render d whole country useless in almost all aspect of life? Killing people every day without remorse or repercussion!!!!!! Yoruba Nation, Biafra republic no going back!!!!!!!

I said all actions including politicians
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by MrBroke(m): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2022
Ain't that too heavy. What if he had a license, does that mean him not having a license was responsible for the accident.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by makson007: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2022
what of all the politicians that are responsible for insecurity that led to killing of over 30,000 people in this country,?
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by Centmelody: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2022
The passenger get mind shaa.. Overloading and they still allowed him 2 ride d boat.
Re: Court Jails Captain For Life Over Lagos Boat Mishap Deaths by EndWeakerection: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Rest in Peace to tbe Dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 8 Abuja Supermarkets To Know About / A German Slumps At Lagos Airport & Dies Thereafter / Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.