Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) (4906 Views)

My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Jazzman01: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
Auskyd:

They've corrected you on this SOT calculation but you still no dey hear. Omo na wa for you and coconut head oh.

Ahan. 12hrs SOT, when no be feature phone. Calm down abeg. Really annoying.

Sell your Xiaomi and rest abeg. I dey support you for xiaomi thread before, but you dey over do am abeg.

Guy shut the fûck up. I have proofs of the SOT and I know the difference between SOT and standby time.

Since you have never used a phone with a good battery life before, that is why it is difficult for you to believe. I still repeat it that Xiaomi cannot match infinix, itel or Tecno interms of battery life. It may beat Transsion in other areas but NOT on battery life.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Jazzman01: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
Auskyd:

Guy I'm thoroughly convinced you have a problem undecided.

How much is that Xiaomi phone that you jump on every thread for it like this, ehn?

Tell me whether we fit do something about am and you'd stop jumping from thread to thread like this. Haba

See this stupid Xiaomi marketer, So you had to quote me twice to just to say rubbish. I don't have a problem, it is you that have a problem. Continue marketing your garbage Xiaomi for the peanuts they're paying you. But people are wiser now and not easy to deceive because the fraud of Xiaomi has been exposed. There are too much complains from users and potential buyers have taken note.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

Guy shut the fûck up. I have proofs of the SOT and I know the difference between SOT and standby time.

Since you have never used a phone with a good battery life before, that is why it is difficult for you to believe. I still repeat it that Xiaomi cannot match infinix, itel or Tecno interms of battery life. It may beat Transsion in other areas but NOT on battery life.

Is like this one is mad lol. I have used and still using phones that you'll never be able to afford in your life lmao. I use phones like pure water, you're here arguing about a dead entry level Redmi and useless Infinix abi Tecno. It's like you no sabi your mate on this NL. You think say na 60k phone I dey use? Hehehehe burst my head. See this el-stupido sha. I dey even support you before, but e be like say sense don dey elude you small small.

Stick to your mates wey dey use crappy devices abeg. I no join you lmao.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

See this stupid Xiaomi marketer, So you had to quote me twice to just to say rubbish. I don't have a problem, it is you that have a problem. Continue marketing your garbage Xiaomi for the peanuts they're paying you. But people are wiser now and not easy to deceive because the fraud of Xiaomi has been exposed. There are too much complains from users and potential buyers have taken note.

Lmfao idiot say I be marketer, I'm dying grin. I'd probably buy two of every phone you've ever used in this life and it would still not be able to buy my secondary device, buffoon. So when someone wants to talk, e mean say we be marketer abi? It's like you don't know me. You don enter my soup and I go cook you well. Bufffoon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by sunshineV(f): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

if i were, i will just sell my redmi buy 2 itel... Thats over 20hrs sot. Kpk grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by smith946: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

Lol it is funny that you mentioned itel,
the same people who uses a 28nm spreadtrum unisoc 9863a and sometimes a 32nm spreadtrum 7731 which drains battery much because of it's manufacturing process.
So that rubbish *Itel* is what your comparing with redmi that has a 8nm chipset in terms of battery life?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by genius2b(m): 6:29am On Jul 09, 2022
ModCaller:

I don't stay up to 5 minutes in any of those apps. I just breeze in and out because I don't have any time consuming task in those apps.

I have restricted all of those downloaded apps from running in background except WhatsApp in a bid to reduce the battery consumption. Yet it continues.
Check your location scanning settings. Turn off Bluetooth and wifi scanning. Also find ways of blocking Xiaomi ads. If you use Xender at all delete those their ad-ridden apps like More,Vs kit, etc. Hope this helps.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 6:37am On Jul 09, 2022
smith946:
Lol it is funny that you mentioned itel,
the same people who uses a 28nm spreadtrum unisoc 9863a and sometimes a 32nm spreadtrum 7731 which drains battery much because of it's manufacturing process.
So that rubbish *Itel* is what your comparing with redmi that has a 8nm chipset in terms of battery life?

Someone that has a tumor growing right inside his brain. Never seen a more dumber person in my life. When people were insulting him on other threads I didn't understand why, but now I know.

Very dull human being.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by smith946: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2022
Auskyd:

Someone that has a tumor growing right inside his brain. Never seen a more dumber person in my life. When people were insulting him on other threads I didn't understand why, but now I know.

Very dull human being.
And his attitude is annoying, why don't he swallow his pride and learn what he doesn't know rather than showing his ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2022
smith946:
And his attitude is annoying, why don't he swallow his pride and learn what he doesn't know rather than showing his ignorance.

Someone that has never used a phone of 100k?

Bloody riffraff wey go dey argue like headless chicken. Forget the guy abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by smith946: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2022
Auskyd:

Someone that has never used a phone of 100k?
Bloody riffraff wey go dey argue like headless chicken. Forget the guy abeg.
Lol, alright..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2022
After doing what atheistandproud recommended, calibration, here is my current SoT at 47%

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
ModCaller:
After doing what atheistandproud recommended, calibration, here is my current SoT at 47%

Please create a new thread or edit the title of this thread.

The R10C is a phone I have reviewed and written about. It may have some issues but battery life is absolutely not one of them.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
ModCaller:

I'm definitely doing this
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2022
atheistandproud:

The R10C is a phone I have reviewed and written about. It may have some issues but battery life is absolutely not one of them.

My SoT is decreasing. From 9+ hours I posted earlier. It's now 8+ hours. I thought it should be increasing, not decreasing

I have not charged it since I charged it full yesterday afternoon.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
ModCaller:

My SoT is decreasing. From 9+ hours I posted earlier. It's now 8+ hours. I thought it should be increasing, not decreasing

I have not charged it since I charged it full yesterday afternoon.
j

I don't know how you use your phone but give the battery time to adjust. The battery controller is still monitoring your usage patterns.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by parkervero(m): 7:45am On Jul 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

Do you care to give the other issues? I'm about to buy the R10C.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by OwoukoUrua(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Anaaximander:
Recalibrate the Phone just as Atheist and proud said.

My battery usage BTW

Wow!

Please which phone is this?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2022
parkervero:

Do you care to give the other issues? I'm about to buy the R10C.

No gyro
Lack of secondary cameras
MIUI can be dodgy at times

But this is due to it's price

Overall, it's the most affordable phone using the Snapdragon 680 processor right now. It's a steal at 75k.

Other phones from Samsung, Vivo and even Xiaomi will cost you up to 160k. Not joking. Check Jumia and see for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by parkervero(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

No gyro
Lack of secondary cameras
MIUI can be dodgy at times

But this is due to it's price

Overall, it's the most affordable phone using the Snapdragon 680 processor right now. It's a steal at 75k .

Other phones from Samsung, Vivo and even Xiaomi will cost you up to 160k. Not joking. Check Jumia and see for yourself.
As if you knew my budget. Is there any need to worry about MIUI being dodgy?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
parkervero:

As if you knew my budget. Is there any need to worry about MIUI being dodgy?

Not really. If you update your phone, do it at night with the battery full. Put it down go and sleep.

In the morning force restart the device.

End of story. Solves 99% of all problems.

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

Not really. If you update your phone, do it at night with the battery full. Put it down go and sleep.

In the morning force restart the device.

End of story. Solves 99% of all problems.

Please, this screen on time is confusing me. The thing is dropping seriously.

As at 1% and my phone was about to off in 30 seconds, my screen on time was showing 7+ hours. That is from 9+ hours to 8+ hours to 7+ hours

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
ModCaller:

Please, this screen on time is confusing me. The thing is dropping seriously.

As at 1% and my phone was about to off in 30 seconds, my screen on time was showing 7+ hours. That is from 9+ hours to 8+ hours to 7+ hours

Calibrate your battery and use normally. It will normalize. You should not be using your battery to 1%. That's the best way to destroy it.

You have calibrated so use normally.

I have been posting about battery health here since 2021 but una no dey ever wan read.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
I charge once or twice in a day and rest.

If you can get 7, 8 or 9 hours out of a phone on a single charge, it has done absolutely very well.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by highcurrent: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

Calibrate your battery and use normally. It will normalize. You should not be using your battery to 1%. That's the best way to destroy it.

You have calibrated so use normally.

I have been posting about battery health here since 2021 but una no dey ever wan read.
Is there anything like servicing a phone? Can a phone make the battery to swollen up?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by tayo60(f): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
sunshineV:
if i were, i will just sell my redmi buy 2 itel... Thats over 20hrs sot. Kpk grin
I don miss you o, you and Skywalker240. Where you guys dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Osasnidas(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

You are right sir... Just don't tinker with the phone and no go where dem no send you. You should be alright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by sunshineV(f): 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
tayo60:
na twitter i dey o
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
tayo60:

Nairaland doesn't deserve them jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Freeko4: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2022
atheistandproud:
Attached is the my screen on time for today (8hrs+) The time is at the top. Device: RN9 Pro. Age: 2 years.

My 2 year old phone gives me 9hrs of SoT.

I am a heavy user myself so I no understand how other people use their phones.

Advice:

1. Charge to 100, drain to zero and charge back to 100 with the phone off. This is known as battery calibration.

2. Force restart your device. Hold the power button till the phone vibrates and restart. This should clear persistent apps running in the background.

Nice one
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by parkervero(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2022
@atheistandproud I got the redmi 10c on Monday based on your recommendation.

I want to ask when is it right to charge a new phone with Power Bank after charging it with electricity to 100% twice?

My power bank is a powerful one. It charged two phones with 5000MAH to 100% yesterday and still has 45% remaining.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2022
parkervero:
@atheistandproud I got the redmi 10c on Monday based on your recommendation.

I want to ask when is it right to charge a new phone with Power Bank after charging it with electricity to 100% twice?

My power bank is a powerful one. It charged two phones with 5000MAH to 100% yesterday and still has 45% remaining.

Person really need to dey careful about what they say on this site oh. I said it was a good phone but I didn't explicitly say you should get it na. grin grin grin

I spent 10 minutes perusing the entire thread just now.

To answer your question.

If your powerbank is solid and from a manufacturer with a proven track record, you can charge it as much as you like.

See attached photos for my powerbank of three years which I'm about to retire as it can only charge my phone twice.

There's nothing wrong with powerbanks so long as you use a very solid one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Launches 3-in-1 Recharge Option / Hurray, MTN Giving Free 1gb On Betterme Promo / Mtn Is Back Again (opera Mini 4.2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.