Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) (4907 Views)

My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution / My New Infinix Hot 5 Battery Drains Fast / 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Battery Drains Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
Left my phone at 97% before sleeping. Woke up this morning with 93%.

As I'm typing this, the battery is 68%.

I have not watched movie or played any music today. All I've been doing is chatting and browsing. Most times, I'm not even using the phone.

In fact, once I press the phone small, 1% will leave the battery is few minutes.

The battery capacity is 5000mah. Even my Itel S15 that has 3000mah doesn't drain this fast.

I just bought this phone in the 3rd week of June.

This is very frustrating. The phone is fully updated.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Kewtt: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2022
ModCaller:

I have not watched movie or played any music today. All I've been doing is chatting and browsing. Most times, I'm not even using the phone.

In fact, once I press the phone small, 1% will leave the battery is few minutes.

The battery capacity is 5000mah. Even my Itel S15 that has 3000mah doesn't drain this fast.

Do a factory reset if you just did an update.
Or check if you have some settings turned on
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
ModCaller:

Battery has dropped to 67%. I've not even used the phone for anything.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Rasome(m): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
Check your battery usage, it will help you to know the app that is consuming your battery
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2022
Rasome:
Screenshot your battery usage

I factory reset my phone about an hour ago so I'm still trying to see changes.

Xiaomi seriously need to do something about this battery life of a thing. I don look for solution tire.

If I restrict an app from running in the background, to my surprise, I still receive notifications from that app and I see them running in the background.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Anaaximander(m): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
Post pictures of your battery usage so that we will be able to ascertain where the problem is coming from.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Rasome(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
ModCaller:

I factory reset my phone about an hour ago so I'm still trying to see changes.

Xiaomi seriously need to do something about this battery life of a thing. I don look for solution tire.

If I restrict an app from running in the background, to my surprise, I still receive notifications from that app and I see them running in the background.
you need to check what is consuming your battery
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Rasome:
you need to check what is consuming your battery

I have checked and checked and checked and checked. I don check tire. Before factory resetting my phone, I restricted all the apps on my phone except WhatsApp. But that did not solve the problem.

I don't have games in this phone. Never watched movie with it. I use it the same way I used my Itel S15. With the same apps. Yet, this battery life I'm getting is very annoying. 5000mah is almost double 3000mah. Yet, my S15 lasts longer
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2022
This is battery usage

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
ModCaller:
This is battery usage

I don't stay up to 5 minutes in any of those apps. I just breeze in and out because I don't have any time consuming task in those apps.

I have restricted all of those downloaded apps from running in background except WhatsApp in a bid to reduce the battery consumption. Yet it continues.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Rasome(m): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2022
ModCaller:

I have checked and checked and checked and checked. I don check tire. Before factory resetting my phone, I restricted all the apps on my phone except WhatsApp. But that did not solve the problem.

I don't have games in this phone. Never watched movie with it. I use it the same way I used my Itel S15. With the same apps. Yet, this battery life I'm getting is very annoying. 5000mah is almost double 3000mah. Yet, my S15 lasts longer
how many hours of screen on time do you get from the phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Rasome:
how many hours of screen on time do you get from the phone

Not something I can estimate. Because some hours will pass and I will only press the phone for less than 10 minutes per hour. Just to check Nairaland front page.

The longest time the phone has lasted between charge is a day and half of light usage. My GPS is always off except an app I'm using requires it.

The battery drains seriously even when I'm not using it. That is my main concern.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Attached is the my screen on time for today (8hrs+) The time is at the top. Device: RN9 Pro. Age: 2 years.

My 2 year old phone gives me 9hrs of SoT.

I am a heavy user myself so I no understand how other people use their phones.

Advice:

1. Charge to 100, drain to zero and charge back to 100 with the phone off. This is known as battery calibration.

2. Force restart your device. Hold the power button till the phone vibrates and restart. This should clear persistent apps running in the background.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
atheistandproud:
Attached is the my screen on time for today (8hrs+) The time is at the top. Device: RN9 Pro. Age: 2 years.

My 2 year old phone gives me 9hrs of SoT.

I am a heavy user myself so I no understand how other people use their phones.

Advice:

1. Charge to 100, drain to zero and charge back to 100 with the phone off. This is known as battery calibration.

2. Force restart your device. Hold the power button till the phone vibrates and restart. This should clear persistent apps running in the background.

I'll do this and give feedback. Thanks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Tecnophone: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
6 hours sot and I'm still having 80%. REDMI Note 9s of 2 + years.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2022
Tecnophone:

This is uptime, not screen time.

Look at screenshot I posted. It'll help you locate screen time.

SoT is calculated when you charge to 100 and drain to less than 20% without charging the device. This your chart cannot pass for an SoT submission.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Tecnophone: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2022
Please what's my sot?
atheistandproud:

This is uptime, not screen time.

Look at screenshot I posted. It'll help you locate screen time.

SoT is calculated when you charge to 100 and drain to less than 20% without charging the device. This your chart cannot pass for an SoT submission.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Leonidas8(m): 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Tecnophone:
Please what's my sot?
4 hours 32 minutes.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2022
This is my SoT

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Tecnophone: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
Leonidas8:
4 hours 32 minutes.
thanks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2022
Tecnophone:
Please what's my sot?

Look below the chart, you'll see a tab for screen. It reads 4hrs+ there.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Anaaximander(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
Recalibrate the Phone just as Atheist and proud said.

My battery usage BTW
ModCaller:
This is my SoT

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2022
Anaaximander:
Recalibrate the Phone just as Atheist and proud said.

My battery usage BTW

I will do that when the phone goes off
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Jazzman01: 1:01am On Jul 08, 2022
Tecnophone:

Rubbish, you have recharged. The actual value was at around 60% according to the graph.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Jazzman01: 1:11am On Jul 08, 2022
ModCaller:

Guy just forget it. The truth is that Xiaomi phones cannot beat itel, infinix or Tecno interms of battery life. I was getting about 12hrs SOT on my hot 5 of 4000mah before switching to this my current Redmi of 5000mah and this one can barely last for 10hrs SOT. Their MIUI is buggy and not optimized for battery efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Bamisa: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2022
ModCaller:

Believe it or not, updating it is the main problem. All those update has a way of downgrade the phone.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 10:14am On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

Guy just forget it. The truth is that Xiaomi phones cannot beat itel, infinix or Tecno interms of battery life. I was getting about 12hrs SOT on my hot 5 of 4000mah before switching to this my current Redmi of 5000mah and this one can barely last for 10hrs SOT. Their MIUI is buggy and not optimized for battery efficiency.

Guy I'm thoroughly convinced you have a problem undecided.

How much is that Xiaomi phone that you jump on every thread for it like this, ehn?

Tell me whether we fit do something about am and you'd stop jumping from thread to thread like this. Haba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

They've corrected you on this SOT calculation but you still no dey hear. Omo na wa for you and coconut head oh.

Ahan. 12hrs SOT, when no be feature phone. Calm down abeg. Really annoying.

Sell your Xiaomi and rest abeg. I dey support you for xiaomi thread before, but you dey over do am abeg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by atheistandproud(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2022
Auskyd:

Guy I'm thoroughly convinced you have a problem undecided.

How much is that Xiaomi phone that you jump on every thread for it like this, ehn?

Tell me whether we fit do something about am and you'd stop jumping from thread to thread like this. Haba

He's a marketer, he's just doing his job. A very big 9jeriyan YouTuber don open their nyansh. If you noticed, one of their very aggressive alternates don go hide.

Just ignore. It's not worth it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by ModCaller: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2022
SoT 9 hours at 2%. Very light usage.

I'm waiting for the phone to off so that I can do the calibration recommended.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by skywalker240(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

So itel ui are optimized for battery efficiency

Which record all these Tech Illiterates no go break shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 10C Battery Drains Very Very Fast (Solved) by Auskyd(m): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
atheistandproud:

He's a marketer, he's just doing his job. A very big 9jeriyan YouTuber don open their nyansh. If you noticed, one of their very aggressive alternates don go hide.

Just ignore. It's not worth it.

It's annoying abeg. Just be jumping upandan like a brainless amoeba or something. Irritating asf.

If you want to banter, banter. Not this thing he is always doing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Is Back Again (opera Mini 4.2) / Where To Get Battery For Sony Ericsson Yari U100i / Htc Marketplace Download Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.