Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo (651 Views)

2023: Why We Must Remain Obidient To The End - Smart Omo-Idemudia / 2023: Nigerians Don’t Want PDP Or APC, Everybody Is Obidient - Obaseki / Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by MagicBishop: 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
So what happens when Obi losses out next year?

Will you go back to your disobedient ways of drawing maps on Microsoft paint?

I don't have anything against Obi. I would love to have him as my president as I truly believe he can deliver.

My only grouse with a Peter Obi presidency is that its a ticket to nowhere giving the opposition candidates that have consolidated votes already in the bag from ethnic and religious lines.

I am also more concerned with seeing to the final nail on the coffin of the APC and the relegation of Bola Tinubu back to his regional perch in the SW - hanging upside down to dry like a bat he is.

Then there is the fact that an Obi presidency has now morphed to become an Igbo presidency , something I was disgusted about with the entitled demands coming from the SE on seeing that only an Igbo man should succeed Buhari. This is why the Obidient movement is now more of an ethnic cause than one for good governance and we can blame the horde of Peter Obi supporters on social media for the ethnocentric dimension Peter Obi's campaign has deteoriated to.

So all that aside, when Peter Obi loses the election next year, what will be the next move of his supporters?
Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by naijakissleave(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
MagicBishop:
So what happens when Obi losses out next year?

Will you go back to your disobedient ways of drawing maps on Microsoft paint?

I don't have anything against Obi. I would love to have him as my president as I truly believe he can deliver.

My only grouse with a Peter Obi presidency is that its a ticket to nowhere giving the opposition candidates that have consolidated votes already in the bag from ethnic and religious lines.

I am also more concerned with seeing to the final nail on the coffin of the APC and the relegation of Bola Tinubu back to his regional perch in the SW - hanging upside down to dry like a bat he is.

Then there is the fact that an Obi presidency has now morphed to become an Igbo presidency , something I was disgusted about with the entitled demands coming from the SE on seeing that only an Igbo man should succeed Buhari. This is why the Obidient movement is now more of an ethnic cause than one for good governance and we can blame the horde of Peter Obi supporters on social media for the ethnocentric dimension Peter Obi's campaign has deteoriated to.

So all that aside, when Peter Obi loses the election next year, what will be the next move of his supporters?

grin
Let me enlighten you, We have gone passed the stage of SE Presidency. For your information, Peter Obi is a NIGERIA PROJECT. Can’t you feel rhythm OP...? the momentum is very high

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by budaatum: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
You sure love lying to yourself. How can Peter Obi be an Igbo project when even likely non-Igbo you "would love to have him as my president as I truly believe he can deliver"? Can an "Igbo project" alone make anyone president?

If Peter Obi loses the election next year we will dust ourselves off and prepare for the next election because we can see how our current president lost in 2003 and 2007 and 2011 before finally becoming president in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by helinues: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
It would have been better if Obi can support and campaign for some of the LP aspirants vying for different positions. Those are the people who can mobilize grassroots voters.

The odds of Obi winning the presidency is low, if LP can present credible candidates and win some seats, those their party representatives should be able to proof some points by delivery the dividends of democracy to the people they are representing.

That is good point to use in 2027 and before then his popularity must have been more than this. Obi's real popularity is just some months old, there is no way his popularity can supercede Atiku or Tinubu who have been in the Nigeria political space for decades. Don't even let us talk about party structure.

2023 should be a testing ground for Obi in preparation for 2027. Whoever wins between Tinubu and Atiku, I don't see any of them seeking for second term.

In Atiku's case, age, health and Pdp North must have completed Yaradua's term.

In Tinubu's case, there could be a deal between him and Osinbajo regarding second term as Age and health would tell. Kinda my own conspiracy theory
Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by budaatum: 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2022
helinues:
It would have been better if Obi can support and campaign for some of the LP aspirants vying for different positions. Those are the people who can mobilize grassroots voters.
It is early and we are at the beginning with a long time to go.

Expect aspirants to jump from their party to LP nearer elections if the Obidient momentum continues to gather pace.

Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by helinues: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
budaatum:

It is early and we are at the beginning with a long time to go.

Expect aspirants to jump from their party to LP nearer elections if the Obidient momentum continues to gather pace.

It's rather too late. There is no much seriousness in Obi himself reaching out to those who matter as long as he continues to be hopping from one Molue to another when other top presidential aspirants have either private jet or chopper to make their ways around.

Has Obi been to Osun state to campaign for the LP gubernatorial aspirant?
Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by budaatum: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2022
helinues:

It's rather too late.

I don't see how "it's rather too late", if, as you say, "That is good point to use in 2027".

Personally, I don't think it's late at all for 2023, but time, I guess, will tell.
Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by helinues: 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
budaatum:

I don't see how "it's rather too late", if, as you say, "That is good point to use in 2027".

Personally, I don't think it's late at all for 2023, but time, I guess, will tell.

Being optimistic is not a bad thing but being realistic is the real bae
Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by budaatum: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
helinues:

Being optimistic is not a bad thing but being realistic is the real bae

There's nothing real about either of our opinions, Helinues. And I can not help being optimistic considering how Obidient many are becoming.

It is because of the faith that I have in us to choose more widely than we've done in the past, but if you'd like me to exclude you from my optimism, just show me why and I gladly will.

To assist you, the following is all you'd need to debunk or prove wrong.

helinues:

2023 should be a testing ground for Obi in preparation for 2027.
Re: The Brand New Obidient Nijeriyan Igbo by budaatum: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
helinues:

It's rather too late. There is no much seriousness in Obi himself reaching out to those who matter as long as he continues to be hopping from one Molue to another when other top presidential aspirants have either private jet or chopper to make their ways around.

Has Obi been to Osun state to campaign for the LP gubernatorial aspirant?

It's rather too late for you, you mean. As I said, 2027, and very early, if you asked me.

Private jet or chopper is like them handing you rice or gari, and as slow as a molue is it will eventually arrive in Osun State where the Labour Party has existed long before Obi joined.

(1) (Reply)

A New Pattern? / 2023: Gumi Reveals How Peter Obi’s Candidacy Has Affected IPOB Agitation / Zamfara Governor Suspends Emir Who Turbaned Bandits Kingpin❗️❗️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.