Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA (5921 Views)

NASS And Buhari Clash Over Islamic Coalition / Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by juman(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
Yah Salam.

Peace and peace. grin

I don't blame us arguing on "non issue". We don't have real issue to discuss on.
We don't have result of research on science, no new invention, monthly un/employment rate, compreshive analysis on manufaturing and market analysis and many other things that will make human beign busy. grin
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by okadaman2: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
juman:

Oh oh Nairaland. grin grin grin

I enjoy my evening well well.

@okada_man, what is your religion? grin

The road is my religion.

I'm friends with Amadioha, Ogun, Osanobua, Tamuno and I know Maguzawa-Ubangiji from a distance.

Most of the Alusis drink wine with me.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by nagoma(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2011
When I used the phrase "sibling jealousy" I meant the kind of rivalry that toddler brothers or sisters have usually competing for parents attention e.g. A 3 yr old and a 2 yr old competing for mothers attention. Unfortunately my fellow NLanders did not see the brotherly connection and the innocence of such rivalry and the hilarious examples of reactions that are uncalled for. The confrontation and vile language , provocative insulting remarks are obviously more popular with Nairalanders. Good luck to you all!! I hope that none of us ends up in refugee camps lining up for food rations as an inevitable result of an unnecessary war.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by NegroNtns(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
In fact, I will list them just foir the sake of showing you that we practice the best faith. Follow me will you:

1. Jesus (May The Blessings of Alah be upon him).

Often you see it written as Jesus (SAW). Now you know what we mean. We love and cherish Jesus far more than christians do. His name has become cheap and commercialized in christianity. The same Hausas you all accuse of hatred love Jesus more than you can imagine. When I was in high school I knew on two different situations where Hausa fought a christian for blaspheming Jesus on the first and Moses on the second. Christians don't praise any other prophet or the angels beside Jesus. Moslems will do a vigil prayer and praise messengers, prophets, angels, and the finish with praises to Allah.

2. Its only Moslems that bear, as admiration for God's angels and prophets, their names - Musa Nuhu (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Ishaq (Isaac), Ismail (Ishmael), Yakub(Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), (Moses), Daud (David), Sulaiman (Solomon), Isa (Jesus), Mohammed, Mikhail (Michael), Jibril (Gabriel).

3. Moslems regard the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran and we don't leave them on the floor, in bathroom, or anywhere of uncvleaniness. I got rebuked by a friend one time for removing a Bible she had left in the bathroom. I asked why in the bathroom she said to drive away evil spirit. I wanted to know what evil come out of her when she used bathroom. Lol.

4. Christians don't share goodwill in their greetings. Jew will say "shalom", moslems will say "salam alaikum".

5. Moslems revere Mary (Maryam), Jesus' mother more than christians do. Its amazing that she is not even present in the Bible.

6. The Quran contains the following chapters that emphasize the Grace and love of Allah and his Blessings on them

The family of Imran (the family tree of the Holy and chosen ones)

Abraham

Luqman

Mary (Maryam)

Mohammed

Jonas (Yunus)

Joseph (Yusuf)

Let me stop here. I know you looking for me to point out material things to show where Islam is better but in matter of faith the grounds for comparison should be in the spirit and divine, not in material and virtual structures.

So untill you christians hold Jesus and his mother in the same esteem that we do we are not going to see eye to eye. Lmao!

Negro_Ntns
Supreme Council of Divine Glory.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by NegroNtns(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
++correction ++
Nuhu (Noah), Ibrahim (Abraham), Ishaq (Isaac), Ismail (Ishmael), Yakub(Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Musa (Moses),
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by jmaine: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
The real Negro is showing up . . .never you decide to play on the fence again by claiming a bit here and there . . .
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by NegroNtns(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2011
I'm never on the fence on anything jmaine.

I am more christian than you are, and I am more moslem than you are. I will teach you parts in the Bible that no pastor ever explained to you. I will use the Bible to explain Ifa to you in ways you never knew possible.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by NegroNtns(m): 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
This poligion talk, so let's have some humor and enjoy it. Lol.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by jmaine: 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

I'm never on the fence on anything jmaine.

I am more christian than you are, and I am more moslem than you are. I will teach you parts in the Bible that no pastor ever explained to you. I will use the Bible to explain Ifa to you in ways you never knew possible.

Just like you did up there . . . abeg count me out, i no go enrol cheesy
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by nsiadi: 12:06am On Jul 28, 2011
Islamic banking is not a surprise to some of us who hv been following Sanusi
He is right there on purpose, to play out script written for him

He has successfully brought back the mallams to their $ trade
He does not care if our common good suffers for it

He has structured our banks to his taste, we are all witnesses to the mess in those banks now
He is blaring about cashless society

Now the Islamic banking
& he is not done yet

The ppl who wrote the script may not be 2 far away from those behind BOKo.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by NegroNtns(m): 12:08am On Jul 28, 2011
Talk straight to me, I will eplain everything u need to know.

Up where and what did I talk that makes u think I'm on fence on religion? You have really never witnessed me talk religion. This stuff we talk here is not religion.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by okunoba(m): 3:12am On Jul 28, 2011
What exactly is wrong with Islamic banking or wrong with providing loans where u share profit instead of charging interest. I call it partnership banking. Islamic banking hurts no one so why all the force. We must stop this our culture of intolerance, on both sides of the divide. I think Sanusi made a big deal of this issue. Why promote it instead of just approving or denying the license application. Marketing should have been left to the Islamic banks themselves.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by nsiadi: 7:21am On Jul 28, 2011
Some ppl dont know that Nigeria is not an Islamic country
If anybody wants to introduce any funny thing that will divide us the more 1st let those guys work on our constitution

We have enough money in our country, Pecuniary gains from Islamic banks cant fix our problems
The crooks up-North who have refused to educate the Youths are our major head ache, Let those Youths there turn their guns to the right target

Its not proper to force religion down the throat of others
Sanusi shd focus on how to stem the slide of Naira & not on establishing hotels & harping on useless ideas. The Senate / House shd tame him
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by JosephJon: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2011
What we have in this country is religious fanatism and Talibanims. Where in the Koran does Prophet Mohammed instructs Jihadists to fight for material things like islamic banking system? Where in the Koran did Mohammed said every body must worship same religion? Is it not in the koran where it was said ''you worship not that which I worship'' So why this old man declaring war over banking system? I have forwarded his name and information to FBI as a terror suspect for interrogations. In this world if religious war is declared i wonder how many Muslims that will survive. If this old deceiver is put on the field to fight,I swear Allah he wont last 5 minutes before he is gunned down. So who does he wants to send to battle field? I swear Boko Haram has mouth today simply because GEJ is too weak.

Old fools are made to warm themselves in fireplace in the cold times like this and not declaring wars. If he fails to declear that war Satan must baptize him. Big foooooooooooooooool
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by mathskill: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2011
Joseph Jon:

What we have in this country is religious fanatism and Talibanims. Where in the Koran does Prophet Mohammed instructs Jihadists to fight for material things like islamic banking system? Where in the Koran did Mohammed said every body must worship same religion? Is it not in the koran where it was said ''you worship not that which I worship'' So why this old man declaring war over banking system? I have forwarded his name and information to FBI as a terror suspect for interrogations. In this world if religious war is declared i wonder how many Muslims that will survive. If this old deceiver is put on the field to fight,I swear Allah he wont last 5 minutes before he is gunned down. So who does he wants to send to battle field? I swear Boko Haram has mouth today simply because GEJ is too weak.

Old fools are made to warm themselves in fireplace in the cold times like this and not declaring wars. If he fails to declear that war Satan must baptize him. Big foooooooooooooooool

MU MU,WORSHIPER of white man.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by delicious1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2011
The CBN should concentrate on the weakening value of the naira -and stop instigating the public against one another over this islamic bank thing.

Nigeria is a complex society, don't make it any more complex.

That's how sharia was allowed to start-even though majority of the public was against it. This is a nation with a constitution, a nation with different religious backgrounds. Why are there arabic writings and symbols on the national currency? Why was sharia allowed-which in essence is what has given birth to terrorism in the north.

I'm indifferent about the Islamic banking thing, i just dont understand why Lamido, the CBN Head is so fanatic about it seeing it come to fruition.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by walkenz: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
deli.cious:

The CBN should concentrate on the weakening value of the naira -and stop instigating the public against one another over this islamic bank thing.

Nigeria is a complex society, don't make it any more complex.

That's how sharia was allowed to start-even though majority of the public was against it. This is a nation with a constitution, a nation with different religious backgrounds. Why are there arabic writings and symbols on the national currency? Why was sharia allowed-which in essence is what has given birth to terrorism in the north.

I'm indifferent about the Islamic banking thing, i just dont understand why Lamido, the CBN Head is so fanatic about it seeing it come to fruition.
I DISAGREE when you say you are indifferent because indifference can only mean you dont anything wrong with it but your follow up statement does not help in that regard.Always try to understand concepts and their origins before jumping into conclusion.SHARIAH LAW is what gave birth to islamic banking .
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by delicious1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2011
walkenz:

I DISAGREE when you say you are indifferent because[b] indifference[/b] can only mean you dont anything wrong with it but your follow up statement does not help in that regard.Always try to understand concepts and their origins before jumping into conclusion.SHARIAH LAW is what gave birth to islamic banking .

What the heck are you raving on about?

I said i was indifferent-meaning for me it's neither good nor bad.
My follow up statement does not help in that regard? Sit down and read my reply again for it to sink in well.

I said i was indifferent, that i just don't understand why Lamido is fanatic about introducing it? He should calm down and stop confusing the public the more, because if he had simply called it non-interest banking-we wouldn't be having this conversation. Neither would christian/islamic leaders and their followers be threatening one another-as the case is now. 

If CBN cannot effectively supervise conventional banking, how would it manage the more demanding supervision of Islamic banking? With fears that the proposed Islamic banking system, may create an avenue for terrorist financing amongst others -why shouldn't people be concerned?

And lastly, what "jumping into conclusions" are you talking about? Nicca please.

The history of Islamic banking in Nigeria dates back to 1991 with the promulgation of BOFIA.
Was there Sharia in Nigeria during those times?
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by walkenz: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2011
nsiadi:

Some ppl dont know that Nigeria is not an Islamic country
If anybody wants to introduce any funny thing that will divide us the more 1st let those guys work on our constitution

We have enough money in our country, Pecuniary gains from Islamic banks cant fix our problems
The crooks up-North who have refused to educate the Youths are our major head ache, Let those Youths there turn their guns to the right target

Its not proper to force religion down the throat of others
Sanusi shd focus on how to stem the slide of Naira & not on establishing hotels & harping on useless ideas. The Senate / House shd tame him

institutions have been created by christians and nobody has raised any eyebrow, do you know why?its simple , because as a secular state you have the right of association. This case of islamic banking is not any different. Afteral the conventinal banks remain
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by NegroNtns(m): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
oseph Jon:
What we have in this country is religious fanatism and Talibanims. Where in the Koran does Prophet Mohammed instructs Jihadists to fight for material things like islamic banking system? Where in the Koran did Mohammed said every body must worship same religion? Is it not in the koran where it was said ''you worship not that which I worship'' So why this old man declaring war over banking system? I have forwarded his name and information to FBI as a terror suspect for interrogations. In this world if religious war is declared i wonder how many Muslims that will survive. If this old  deceiver is put on the field to fight,I swear Allah he wont last 5 minutes before he is gunned down. So who does he wants to send to battle field? I swear Boko Haram has mouth today simply because GEJ is too weak.

Old fools are made to warm themselves in fireplace  in the cold times like this and not declaring wars. If he fails to declear that war Satan must baptize him. Big foooooooooooooooool
--------------

Tell'em!
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by afrika(f): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
OLD TESTAMENT - NEW TESTAMENT (BIBLE)

OLD QUARAN - NEW QUARAN (suggestion) to level head most that feel gruesome murder is an easy and free way to heaven
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by afrika(f): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
This is fantastic,

But, it has made me to wonder what this world would have been like; if America was 99% moslem and UK, france as same. Now, UN would have been a place u pay sukuk before they render help to u.

Imagine, America, the moslem country coming to help Libya a now Christian home. Imagine their conditions. Unless u become a moslem, we would help u. or they would force all man to become a moslem before they fight for us.

Its hard but, that God, we are touched by God Almighty to save this noisy people.
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 29, 2011
That's what I hate about these Northern Muslims! They think they can intimidate the Southerners with war all the time. It baffles me to see such slowpoke threatening to fight to the last drop of his blood and expect me to fold my hands and watch! These Northerners are insane!
Re: Muslims Can’t Go To War Over Islamic Banking – NSCIA by Remii(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
When OIC offered Nigeria non-interest loan for augmenting its deficit budget, Nigeria hate theologians condemned the worthy proposal and discouraged the Federal Government through media outburst and blackmails. Thereafter, Nigeria opted for IMF loan with its killing and inhuman compounded interest. The option of IMF loan worsened the nation’s Public Debt, increased the debt burden and created serious financial crisis.

President Olusegun Obasanjo captured the predicament of Nigeria under the peonage of IMF loan and its merciless interest rate thus:
"All that we had borrowed up to 1985 was around $5 billion, and we have paid about $16 billion; yet we are still being told that we owe about $28 billion. That $28 billion came about because of the injustice in the foreign creditors' interest rates. If you ask me what the worst thing in the world is, I will say it is interest"!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Birthday Message To Obj / Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done / Ogun State Gov. Ibikunle Amosun Boasts: Ogun Is More Industrialised Than Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.