Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? (2606 Views)

Learning To Code Is Hard!!!! / Javascript Is The Language For The Future! / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
First off, you tagged the wrong person
Secondly, nobody said css is a programming language + using css is a matter of preference.
Lastly, C is a middle level language.

I apologize if i wrongly tagged you...
it is not a matter of preference because both of them do not do the same thing or try to solve the same problem.
CSS is not an alternative to c++ that is the point I am trying to make. it will make sense to say i rather touch C++ over C, go, java, c#, etc than CSS.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Kvngfrosh(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
benalvino3:

it is not a matter of preference because both of them do not do the same thing or try to solve the same problem.
CSS is not an alternative to c++ that is the point I am trying to make. it will make sense to say i rather touch C++ over C, go, java, c#, etc than CSS.

Alright, I get what your point
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Maxxim: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
Op I would have preferred you find out the real reason why some people finds it hard to grasp Js knowledge in a more constructable way and finding solutions to it.

I'm not different from those people too but after going deeper esp learning about how other programming languages works, I realized the problem is from the stage and lessons beginners are being taught.
Someone like me would love the stages be like this:
Learning Html, Css and when it gets to Js I would like to start from Dom manipulation and Functions, cause I believe my knowledge after learning Html and css is how to make my page responsive and interactive instead of starting It's lessons from, arrays and operators.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2022
Maxxim:
Op I would have preferred you find out the real reason why some people finds it hard to grasp Js knowledge in a more constructable way and finding solutions to it.

I'm not different from those people too but after going deeper esp learning about how other programming languages works, I realized the problem is from the stage and lessons beginners are being taught.
Someone like me would love the stages be like this:
Learning Html, Css and when it gets to Js I would like to start from Dom manipulation and Functions, cause I believe my knowledge after learning Html and css is how to make my page responsive and interactive instead of starting It's lessons from, arrays and operators.

to manipulate doms you need to know how functions and objects work. all programming has similar learning curves and except you understand that concept, you cannot go further. without learning the concept behind Js, you will be wasting your time trying to manipulate doms.
you figured out how to query an id or class name... what do you do with it? you still have to write your methods. to make the Html documents do what you want. this might include arrays, if statements, loops, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
WebAssembly is the next big thing. i will say you guys should look into it because once they are able to have Dom manipulation on dotnet or other webassembly tech like what Go is offering as an alternative to c#. that will be the end of javascript.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Maxxim: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
benalvino3:

to manipulate doms you need to know how functions and objects work. all programming has similar learning curves and except you understand that concept, you cannot go further. without learning the concept behind Js, you will be wasting your time trying to manipulate doms.
you figured out how to query an id or class name... what do you do with it? you still have to write your methods. to make the Html documents do what you want. this might include arrays, if statements, loops, etc.

You're correct sire
But maybe a short intro about those I mentioned could be made in order to make those learning have an idea and make them understand that to achieve that, they need to learn it's fundamentals first
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by qtguru(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
benalvino3:
WebAssembly is the next big thing. i will say you guys should look into it because once they are able to have Dom manipulation on dotnet or other webassembly tech like what Go is offering as an alternative to c#. that will be the end of javascript.

Yeah but not everything requires it, it will be mostly complex app, like Zoom, Figma and others. I am interested in it too , one can port games to the browser

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 12:01am On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

Yeah but not everything requires it, it will be mostly complex app, like Zoom, Figma and others. I am interested in it too , one can port games to the browser

I just wrote an application i can use to watch any Movie or TV show using blazor. not a single javascript was needed including with I make Ajax-like calls to update DOM.
Even Javascript devs don't like it. I am sure if Webassembly gets full DOM access... everyone will leave javascript.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

I still dey try find my levelgringrin. It's been long since I last programmed, I'm thinking of getting back to learning python and C++ Sha. Then I'll try my luck with gameplay programming and backend (maybe). The issue now is that I need money for laptop (I'm on that for now).
Ma guy gameplay dry o, hope say you know wetin dey sup currently. Backend and mobile dev seem the most reasonable right now, front end dev is getting saturated.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 9:57am On Jul 14, 2022
truthCoder:

learn tailwind css.
thank me later
Sure, thanks.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by qtguru(m): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

I just wrote an application i can use to watch any Movie or TV show using blazor. not a single javascript was needed including with I make Ajax-like calls to update DOM.
Even Javascript devs don't like it. I am sure if Webassembly gets full DOM access... everyone will leave javascript.

That's amazing, i'll keep an eye on it.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

I believe I'm the one you wanted to quote.

What I'm really saying is, I'd rather implement a functionality in C++ (difficult lang) than design something in CSS, obviously it's not directly comparison.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Playermayweda(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

Does webAssembly have a runtime library that can handle the backend of an application. Why do you think WA will take over from JS. "Anything that can't be built by JavaScript will eventually be built by JavaScript".
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
Playermayweda:

Does webAssembly have a runtime library that can handle the backend of an application. Why do you think WA will take over from JS. "Anything that can't be built by JavaScript will eventually be built by JavaScript".

You don't understand what webassembly is. It runs on the browser alone, just like Javascript, c# runs on the browser via webassembly, so is Go.

Like I said, once they have full Dom control, they will kill Javascript. Although js has a lot of libraries, I think they can easily be ported to other languages.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

You don't understand what webassembly is. It runs on the browser alone, just like Javascript, c# runs on the browser via webassembly, so is Go.

Like I said, once they have full Dom control, they will kill Javascript. Although js has a lot of libraries, I think they can easily be ported to other languages.

The way Una the talk eh

So all the companies using Js will just dump it because of web assembly?

Same thing have been said of PHP yet it's still king based on market share

JavaScript isn't going anywhere in next 10-15 years

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

The way Una the talk eh

So all the companies using Js will just dump it because of web assembly?

Same thing have been said of PHP yet it's still king based on market share

JavaScript isn't going anywhere in next 10-15 years

I am not saying they will just dump it. They may have a new standard. Move to a better tech and faster binary.

They application will scale even larger with better performance. Except they want to hold themselves back or monetary issues.

You remember flash? Flash was the standard of web animation and apps but html 5 came and replaced it. Why was that? Because of the flash player controlled by Adobe and performance issues compared to plain html /css vs flash player.

Php is slowly phasing out. You want to build large enterprise app... You will not get the scalability and performance from php. You may want to go asp. Even ruby is gone and one reason is performance
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

I am not saying they will just dump it. They may have a new standard. Move to a better tech and faster binary.

They application will scale even larger with better performance. Except they want to hold themselves back or monetary issues.

You remember flash? Flash was the standard of web animation and apps but html 5 came and replaced it. Why was that? Because of the flash player controlled by Adobe and performance issues compared to plain html /css vs flash player.

Php is slowly phasing out. You want to build large enterprise app... You will not get the scalability and performance from php. You may want to go asp. Even ruby is gone and one reason is performance

JavaScript is bare meta

No one would love creating UIs with C or C++

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

JavaScript is bare meta

No one would love creating UIs with C or C++

No one creates UI with js. They manipulate UI with js dynamically.

You make UI with css and html. And css has some mathematical calculations or you could say programmable syntax to will work better compared to using js. Like animation etc.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

No one creates UI with js. They manipulate UI with js dynamically.

You make UI with css and html. And css has some mathematical calculations or you could say programmable syntax to will work better compared to using js. Like animation etc.

I meant interactive Ui

Will be pain in the a**
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

I meant interactive Ui

Will be pain in the a**

It will be easier and faster actually. Like I said, if webassembly have full Dom access, then js will start getting replaced. I don't think employers will want to employ someone who know c++ then employ someone who knows Javascript to do something on the document when same thing could be done in c++. I don't know if you understand. Right now, using two-way data binding. Dom can be manipulated with c# but not close to the scale of js
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

It will be easier and faster actually. Like I said, if webassembly have full Dom access, then js will start getting replaced. I don't think employers will want to employ someone who know c++ then employ someone who knows Javascript to do something on the document when same thing could be done in c++. I don't know if you understand. Right now, using two-way data binding. Dom can be manipulated with c# but not close to the scale of js

They're many ways in which js would have been replaced in the past bro.

You sound like you just can't wait js to be replaced

You you simply don't like the language or you don't use it

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

They're many ways in which js would have been replaced in the past bro.

You sound like you just can't wait js to be replaced

You you simply don't like the language or you don't use it

Could you enlighten me with the ways it could have been replaced?

I will like to know.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
benalvino3:

Could you enlighten me with the ways it could have been replaced?

I will like to know.

Read about the humble beginnings of js from when it was used mainly to display disruptive ads and annoying flash banners
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Read about the humble beginnings of js from when it was used mainly to display disruptive ads and annoying flash banners

Js came and replace something, it came and helped make sites dynamic. So what tech should have replaced it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50 Profitable Online Business Ideas / How can a user recover BKF file? / What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.