Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? (2597 Views)

Learning To Code Is Hard!!!! / Javascript Is The Language For The Future! / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
I dont get it. is it the same javascript that I am learning or is there another version of javascript. If javascript is hard I wonder what they will say when they get into frameworks , libraries and data structures and algorithms . Pls programming is easy, if u understand the concepts.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
I dont get it. is it the same javascript that I am learning or is there another version of javascript. I
if javascript is hard I wonder what they will say when they get into frameworks , libraries and data structures and algorithms . Pls programming is easy, if u understand the concepts.

So what will you use when they get to this aspect... Is it not same JavaScript assuming JavaScript is what they're learning?
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

So what will you use when they get to this aspect... Is it not same JavaScript assuming JavaScript is what they're learning?

Yes they will use javascript plus other technologies . If u are finding javascript alone hard, what happens when u combine it with other technologies. And my concern is that it’s not even the advanced javascript topics they complain about, just the fundamentals. Ones they are finished with html and css, immediately they start javascript, u will start hearing javascript is hard, thereby , discouraging others who want to learn. And this makes me angry. I am making this post out of annoyance because I just saw another comment on a Facebook post saying javascript is hard. If javascript ( that has a lot of things abstracted away from the developer ) is hard , what about those writing low level languages like C and C++. Pls u guys should stop making such comments

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Yes they will use javascript plus other technologies . If u are finding javascript alone hard, what happens when u combine it with other technologies. And my concern is that it’s not even the advanced javascript topics they complain about, just the fundamentals. Ones they are finished with html and css, immediately they start javascript, u will start hearing javascript is hard, thereby , discouraging others who want to learn. And this makes me angry. I am making this post out of annoyance because I just saw another comment on a Facebook post saying javascript is hard. If javascript ( that has a lot of things abstracted away from the developer ) is hard , what about those writing low level languages like C and C++. Pls u guys should stop making such comments
Well...you should learn to understand most things are relative.

What you consider easy for you may be confusing to others.

JavaScript is confusing for beginners at first.

If more people are complaining that it's confusing, then it's truly confusing at first.

That you don't find it confusing doesn't change that fact...

It's important to also note some may know how to fix an issue.

But interpreting Logic with JavaScript will become a challenge... So many similar ways to do same thing...

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
I dont get it. is it the same javascript that I am learning or is there another version of javascript. If javascript is hard I wonder what they will say when they get into frameworks , libraries and data structures and algorithms . Pls programming is easy, if u understand the concepts.
JavaScript wasn't hard for me, JavaScript was even my first language. People say JavaScript is hard because compared to HTML and CSS it's a different breed, the switch from design to logic is quite dramatic. Personally I'd rather code C++ than touch CSS. Generally programming is pretty easy, programming to solve problems is what's hard, software engineering's even harder.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by jbreezy: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
Lol...for a beginner, javascript will be hard. Even the acclaimed-simplest, python, will look hard for anyone who has no programming experience. But for someone with a ready-made programming ground, no programming language is hard.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Kvngfrosh(m): 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
namikaze:

Personally I'd rather code C++ than touch CSS.
grin same here.
I just don’t have interest in it
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
namikaze:

JavaScript wasn't hard for me, JavaScript was even my first language. People say JavaScript is hard because compared to HTML and CSS it's a different breed, the switch from design to logic is quite dramatic. Personally I'd rather code C++ than touch CSS. Generally programming is pretty easy, programming to solve problems is what's hard, software engineering's even harder.

I believe that for this type of people, it’s just a matter of time before they quit.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2022
jbreezy:
Lol...for a beginner, javascript will be hard. Even the acclaimed-simplest, python, will look hard for anyone who has no programming experience. But for someone with a ready-made programming ground, no programming language is hard.

I wonder how far these type of people will go in programming. With all this new tech poping up every minute in the industry, with so many things to learn, I wonder how they will keep up.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

I believe that for this type of people, it’s just a matter of time before they quit.
Well, some of them still manage to pull through. I do think this is one of the reasons there's a surge of new front end developers, most newbies want the avoid the problem solving aspect of programming, rip to them.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Well...you should learn to understand most things are relative.

What you consider easy for you may be confusing to others.

JavaScript is confusing for beginners at first.

If more people are complaining that it's confusing, then it's truly confusing at first.

That you don't find it confusing doesn't change that fact...

It's important to also note some may know how to fix an issue.

But interpreting Logic with JavaScript will become a challenge... So many similar ways to do same thing...

Anybody complaining that javascript is hard, with all the articles, blog posts, video tutorials and documentations out there , actually should not have anything to do with programming , period.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Anybody complaining that javascript is hard, with all the articles, blog posts, video tutorials and documentations out there , actually should not have anything to do with programming , period.

OK.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
grin same here.
I just don’t have interest in it
Like seriously CSS's a pain, it's what's hinders me from going fullstack, I don't want to be assigned CSS tasks.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2022
namikaze:

Well, some of them still manage to pull through. I do think this is one of the reasons there's a surge of new front end developers, most newbies want the avoid the problem solving aspect of programming, rip to them.

Very big R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
namikaze:

Very ironic from someone who finds CSS annoying and a pain.
We may then conclude frontend is as confusing to you as how backend is confusing to them...
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Very ironic from someone who finds CSS annoying and a pain.
We may then conclude frontend is as confusing to you as how backend is confusing to them...
grin
grin I just find CSS annoying not confusing, besides CSS is just a part of frontend dev, I know react too. Also I was already doing Leetcode when I started HTML and CSS, so there's that. I've heard horror stories of backend devs who switched to full stack, the general theme is they mostly get assigned frontend tasks.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
namikaze:

grin I just find CSS annoying not confusing, besides CSS is just a part of frontend dev, I know react too. I've heard horror stories of backend devs who switched to full stack, the general theme is they mostly get assigned frontend tasks.

It's normal Brosky.

People fine what they don't understand annoying.
grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

It's normal Brosky.

People fine what they don't understand annoying.
grin
Hahaha, ok na, shebi to wash clothes dey annoying, abi we no understand washing be that grin grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2022
namikaze:

Hahaha, ok na, shebi to wash clothes dey annoying, abi we no understand washing be that grin grin
Totally out of context... Wrong analogy. Brosky grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LikeAking: 1:11am On Jul 09, 2022
Op you just dey start. Calm down.

He hard for beginners.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LikeAking: 1:16am On Jul 09, 2022
namikaze:

Figma has made front end easy... Or easier.. graphics guys don invade FE.

I appreciate their creativity.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by 3exe3: 7:18am On Jul 09, 2022
JavaScript is hard because it doesn't always follow programming standard...
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by satandeterrible: 7:43am On Jul 09, 2022
Stupid post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2022
satandeterrible:
Stupid post

Yea, very stupid post. Javascript is actually the hardest thing in world to learn. I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by AstroG: 9:32am On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Most people that think that JavaScript is hard don’t have any single knowledge of Java.

For someone to find JavaScript interesting to learn,he/she must have an in-depth Knowledge of how Java works and how to apply it’s OOP(Object Oriented Style of Programming).

Same Applies to Python,C# and C++

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by AstroG: 9:34am On Jul 09, 2022
3exe3:
JavaScript is hard because it doesn't always follow programming standard...

That’s a big lie
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by emetisuccess(m): 9:44am On Jul 09, 2022
There's no high level programming language that is hard, it's only hard when u want to be faster than ur shadow. I have lay hands on c++, visual basic, JavaScript, nodejs, python, PHP, vuejs, jQuery, C. Etc. Currently using PHP, MySQLi, jQuery, AJAX, JavaScript etc. Just understand the concept and syntax, u are good to go. They have the same pattern.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Deicide: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

what about those writing low level languages like C and C++. Pls u guys should stop making such comments
C and C++ are not low level language
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:09am On Jul 09, 2022
namikaze:

Like seriously CSS's a pain, it's what's hinders me from going fullstack, I don't want to be assigned CSS tasks.
wink I didn’t take a course or tutorial to know css is not for me grin.
I just read through some codes I saw online and I knew it wasn’t for me cheesy.
I don’t have interest in anything css or designing generally.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

what about those writing low level languages like C and C++. Pls u guys should stop making such comments
C is a middle level language.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
C is a middle level language.

Ok sir but I don’t think anybody writes low level language like “assembly “ . So I assume our mid level language to be the new low level language.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Ok sir but I don’t think anybody writes low level language like “assembly “ . So I assume our mid level language to be the new low level language.

You always see your personal point of view as the general point of view.

You assume Js is easy so u think everyone should feel same way.
You assume mid level languages to be the new low level language so u feel everyone should be subservient and feel same way too..

i bet you cant even solve easy level questions on leetcode and youre a total beginner who haven't done any meaninful project

grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Programmers: Time for Break / Beginners/ Intermediate Web Developer Platform To Perfect Your Skills. / Just Published My First Android Game (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.