Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? (2607 Views)

Learning To Code Is Hard!!!! / Javascript Is The Language For The Future! / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by SimeonOTC(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
I dont get it. is it the same javascript that I am learning or is there another version of javascript. If javascript is hard I wonder what they will say when they get into frameworks , libraries and data structures and algorithms . Pls programming is easy, if u understand the concepts.

You are still a kid..shutup and keep learning..
Lol.. you are even learning oohh!, not like you are a progrin...Oboy, keep learning to build your calculator and todoListgrin, when you get to an advance stage, you will come back and delete this trash.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
SimeonOTC:

Lol.. you are even learning oohh!, not like you are a progrin...Oboy, keep learning to building a calculator and todoListgrin, when you get to an advance stage, you will come back and delete this trash.

Alright sir. When i get to the advanced stage like recursive functions, closures, primitive data types and reference data types , currying functions, deep copy and shallow copy, immutability, hoisting etc, i will come and delete this trash. So don’t bother yourself

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

You always see your personal point of view as the general point of view.

You assume Js is easy so u think everyone should feel same way.
You assume mid level languages to be the new low level language so u feel everyone should be subservient and feel same way too..

i bet you cant even solve easy level questions on leetcode and youre a total beginner who haven't done any meaninful project

grin

Alright ! Ka m kwetazie n’nke ikwuru . Javascript is hard ! Is that ok with you ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
wink I didn’t take a course or tutorial to know css is not for me grin.
I just read through some codes I saw online and I knew it wasn’t for me cheesy.
I don’t have interest in anything css or designing generally.
Exactly, I'm just like you, I loathe design.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
LikeAking:

Figma has made front end easy... Or easier.. graphics guys don invade FE.

I appreciate their creativity.

Yeah, they'd still have to deal with react and/or others, though this is not much of an issue.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Totally out of context... Wrong analogy. Brosky grin
Out of context, yes, but you get it don't you? I rest grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Alright ! Ka m kwetazie n’nke ikwuru . Javascript is hard ! Is that ok with you ?

Ó Gbasara n‘giwa
grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
namikaze:

Out of context, yes, but you get it don't you? I rest grin

I do get it... Just messing with u bro.

Most backend devs who just love logic finds CSS annoying.

Especially when you're styling an element and you're sure what u wrote should work but it doesn't...

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

I do get it... Just messing with u bro.

Most backend devs who just love logic finds CSS annoying.

Especially when you're styling an element and you're sure what u wrote should work but it doesn't...

grin
Exactly bro, like you just read my mind.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by SimeonOTC(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Alright sir. When i get to the advanced stage like recursive functions, closures, primitive data types and reference data types , currying functions, deep copy and shallow copy, immutability, hoisting etc, i will come and delete this trash. So don’t bother yourself

Lol.. Wait oh, all this you listed, hope you are not thinking you are at the advance stagegrin you even mentioned hoistinggrin when i thought you should be quoting me back with series of real life project and may be jobsgrin

Oboy will you logout and get back to classgrin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
JavaScript isn’t hard as long as you keep it away from the browser.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2022
SimeonOTC:

Lol.. Wait oh, all this you listed, hope you are not thinking you are at the advance stagegrin you even mentioned hoistinggrin when i thought you should be quoting me back with series of real life project and may be jobsgrin

.... grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
SimeonOTC:

So tell me what are the advanced topics?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
SimeonOTC:

Lol.. you are even learning oohh!, not like you are a progrin...Oboy, keep learning to build your calculator and todoListgrin, when you get to an advance stage, you will come back and delete this trash.

I swr, that's exactly what I told him grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by jbreezy: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
SimeonOTC:

As in I shock...Javascript wey dey make people cry, na im wan person dey feel like god on top. He will soon be humbled.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by 3exe3: 7:00am On Jul 10, 2022
AstroG:

That’s a big lie

What's the truth then
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2022
namikaze:

Like seriously CSS's a pain, it's what's hinders me from going fullstack, I don't want to be assigned CSS tasks.
I thought that it was only me that hated CSS. Nothing is ever as it seems, and the worst part of it all is that web browser developers refuse to just agree on how to implement one functionality. Microsoft is just a pain in the ass when it comes to this.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

I thought that it was only me that hated CSS. Nothing is ever as it seems, and the worst part of it all is that web browser developers refuse to just agree on how to implement one functionality. Microsoft is just a pain in the ass when it comes to this.
Seems like you're a frontend dev lol, kudos to you.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Playermayweda(m): 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
Basics are easy, when you want to do something meaningful with JavaScript, that's when you will know it's hard

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
namikaze:

Seems like you're a frontend dev lol, kudos to you.
Godforbid bad thing. Anyone who thinks C is hard hasn't met CSS. Of course using C to do something like making web apps is extremely difficult, but using it for embedded systems programming isn't difficult. CSS on the other hand is difficult in it's own niche. Which kind juju be that?

Me, I peacifulli bow out abeg. That kind headache I no fit do. I'll just brush up my python and try my luck with backend.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by silento(m): 1:44am On Jul 11, 2022
If u know basic fundamental concepts of programming

You can learn any language and build complex stuff with it under two weeks

Css is also not hard , c is the hardest language I have come across

Am not talking about c improved with libraries
All the higher languages allows u to mess up and get away with it

You see pointer in c language na there most people dey run and that's the most powerful stuff in c language

If u understand pointer in c language very well
Just know u are good to go

Am talking from experience

If u are not in a hurry to make money start programming with c language then try to understand the fundamental concepts of programming

Syntax
Variable
Datatypes and structures
Operators
Decision making
Loops
Files IO
Function and oop then if language supports oop

This are things u need to understand very well and u will see programming is very easy and fun
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Godforbid bad thing. Anyone who thinks C is hard hasn't met CSS. Of course using C to do something like making web apps is extremely difficult, but using it for embedded systems programming isn't difficult. CSS on the other hand is difficult in it's own niche. Which kind juju be that?

Me, I peacifulli bow out abeg. That kind headache I no fit do. I'll just brush up my python and try my luck with backend.
Lolz, naso guy. C is quite low level though, this is where C++ or rust come into play.
So what kind of dev are you na, embedded?
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by namikaze: 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
silento:
If u know basic fundamental concepts of programming

You can learn any language and build complex stuff with it under two weeks

Css is also not hard , c is the hardest language I have come across

Am not talking about c improved with libraries
All the higher languages allows u to mess up and get away with it

You see pointer in c language na there most people dey run and that's the most powerful stuff in c language

If u understand pointer in c language very well
Just know u are good to go

Am talking from experience

If u are not in a hurry to make money start programming with c language then try to understand the fundamental concepts of programming

Syntax
Variable
Datatypes and structures
Operators
Decision making
Loops
Files IO
Function and oop then if language supports oop

This are things u need to understand very well and u will see programming is very easy and fun
Why would you consider C the most difficult? pointers? memory management?
C is not that hard to me, however it requires you to implement the basic things that come built-in in other languages, which is where I agree the difficulty really creeps in.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by truthCoder: 3:16am On Jul 12, 2022
namikaze:

Like seriously CSS's a pain, it's what's hinders me from going fullstack, I don't want to be assigned CSS tasks.

learn tailwind css.

thank me later

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by truthCoder: 3:18am On Jul 12, 2022
AstroG:

Most people that think that JavaScript is hard don’t have any single knowledge of Java.

For someone to find JavaScript interesting to learn,he/she must have an in-depth Knowledge of how Java works and how to apply it’s OOP(Object Oriented Style of Programming).

Same Applies to Python,C# and C++

How is Java related to Javascript? why should I know java to know javascript?
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:05am On Jul 12, 2022
namikaze:

Lolz, naso guy. C is quite low level though, this is where C++ or rust come into play.
So what kind of dev are you na, embedded?
I still dey try find my levelgringrin. It's been long since I last programmed, I'm thinking of getting back to learning python and C++ Sha. Then I'll try my luck with gameplay programming and backend (maybe). The issue now is that I need money for laptop (I'm on that for now).
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:07am On Jul 12, 2022
truthCoder:

How is Java related to Javascript? why should I know java to know javascript?
That's not what he's saying bro. What he's saying is that Java is harder.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by truthCoder: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

That's not what he's saying bro. What he's saying is that Java is harder.

That is obviously not what he wrote.

He said " For someone to find JavaScript interesting to learn,he/she must have an in-depth Knowledge of how Java works"

And my question remains 'Why should I give a hoot about java to know javascript"?
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by LienwaltAbel(m): 11:06am On Jul 12, 2022
truthCoder:

That is obviously not what he wrote.

He said " For someone to find JavaScript interesting to learn,he/she must have an in-depth Knowledge of how Java works"

And my question remains 'Why should I give a hoot about java to know javascript"?

Okay I've reread it. The guy doesn't know what he's sayinggrin
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Yes they will use javascript plus other technologies . If u are finding javascript alone hard, what happens when u combine it with other technologies. And my concern is that it’s not even the advanced javascript topics they complain about, just the fundamentals. Ones they are finished with html and css, immediately they start javascript, u will start hearing javascript is hard, thereby , discouraging others who want to learn. And this makes me angry. I am making this post out of annoyance because I just saw another comment on a Facebook post saying javascript is hard. If javascript ( that has a lot of things abstracted away from the developer ) is hard , what about those writing low level languages like C and C++. Pls u guys should stop making such comments

Maybe they say its hard because it lacks the structure languages like c# has. It is hard to debug compared to other languages. For me, I find it boring. It I need to do some Dom manipulation, I used Google to search what I want, combine that with my knowledge of programming concept I get to the goal.

I won't say its hard. I will way is boring to folks who says its hard. The structure may be a bit confusing.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by benalvino3: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
grin same here.
I just don’t have interest in it

People who do front end work are mainly on CSS HTML n JavaScript. Saying you would use c++ instead of CSS is dumb.

CSS is not even a programming language. C++ is a low level language.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Javascript Is Hard? by Kvngfrosh(m): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
benalvino3:

People who do front end work are mainly on CSS HTML n JavaScript. Saying you would use c++ instead of CSS is dumb.

CSS is not even a programming language. C++ is a low level language.
First off, you tagged the wrong person
Secondly, nobody said css is a programming language + using css is a matter of preference.
Lastly, C is a middle level language.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Programming Languages Required To Make Interesting Cartoons? / Between HDD And SSD Hard Drives Which Is Better / Download UDEMY Digital Courses For FREE - Learn A Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.