Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo (53877 Views)

Rufai Oseni Blasts FG For Demolishing Landmark Beach Front / LP Accused Peter Obi Of Demolishing Their Billboards In 2013 (Video) / Gimba Kakanda Accusing Wike Of Demolishing Mosque In False Tweets, Gets Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2022
Electorate:

Have you heard of land grabbing? Do you know what it is? Of course you won't know and you can't google it because you are still a kid...you better return that phone to your mum.

Typing from the Zoo

now I'm sure I'm responding to a lunatic.

Odumeje landgrabbed?

gettout abeg... minorities always say trash
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2022
Divinehenrich:
What is this one saying? It is better to be silent on vital issue than to speak trash

I'm saying..when they come to demolish your father house after paying land use tax for years and he resists,he should be beaten to coma..

Next
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by esthel(f): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2022
Maybe people don't understand, in Lagos you will pay because if you are have contravened and they serve you notice to remove, you are expected to do that yourself. If the authorities eventually do that you will pay. Its in the Physical Planning laws.

In his case he built on a water channel which results in flood.
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by DaddyNimo(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
whether he tried to stop the exercise or not,I believed he bought the land and paid his taxes..

He has every right to be bitter and pained but you beat him up and still demolish his sweat is trash and unacceptable
Go beat the person wey beat am!
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by Tayorshd2(m): 11:44am On Jul 09, 2022
But odumeje get juju na indabosky ..all of dem don fade grin
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by Junulie6: 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
Hxhhd

Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by SirLakes: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
jmoore:

People like you always commenting on issues you know nothing about. What else do you want to be constructed on the area? Skyscraper?

The buildings are blocking drainage path!!!

Do you want another structure that will block waterways?

Na mugu grin grin
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by Divinehenrich(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
We aren't fool that will go and build on waterways.
Try to read very well. Government served him several notice but he fails to do the needful. If a whole 2 Catholic church parishes was affected & they respected the constituted authority. Na this uncultured guy want challenge govt. I
OyeofIkoTuN:

I'm saying..when they come to demolish your father house after paying land use tax for years and he resists,he should be beaten to coma..

Next
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by Charly68: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2022
The Prof has spoken.. time for a new order in our society has come
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by Wwwq: 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
Really
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by LifeCoachAndre: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
Just when he thought it could not get worse.... I hope after he pays for demolition, he wont still go to jail
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by bitbillionaire: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

That one does not fit in well.

Rather,

It's a case in which you beat someone and still tell him to say sorry to you for the energy you expended in doing the beating.

You get the point. infact, it's like beating a person and still asking him to pay for the food you ate and also pay for the water and drink you took to get the energy you used to beat him! grin

Soludo should not be heartless. It's okay to demolish the building if it happens to be an illegal structure but expecting the owner of the building to pay for its demolition I see it as heartlessness, well, unless there is a law that clearly empowers government to go that far.

And even if there is a law that empowers government to force the owner of illegal structure to pay for its demolition I still see it as wickedness to do so unless there is evidence to proof that the person acquired the land illegally in the first place or he was warned from inception not to build the house there but the person ignored the warning and continued building.

Just my thought though.

1 Share

Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by RoyalDiadems: 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2022
bitbillionaire:

You get the point. infact, it's like beating a person and still asking him to pay for the food you ate and also pay for the water and drink you took to get the energy you used to beat him! grin

Soludo should not be heartless. It's okay to demolish the building if it happens to be an illegal structure but expecting the owner of the building to pay for its demolition I see it as heartlessness, well, unless there is a law that clearly empowers government to go that far.

And even if there is a law that empowers government to force the owner of illegal structure to pay for its demolition I still see it as wickedness to do so unless there is evidence to proof that the person acquired the land illegally in the first place or he was warned from inception not to build the house there but the person ignored the warning and continued building.

Just my thought though.

On point!
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by unipol(m): 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
Psalmistproject:
That one na expensive joke.
Tho others may but what will you do to him if he refuses?
Sue him?
I doubt . The govt will be begging him not to sue for assault
This is why Nigeria will not work. In Western world they build there economy by charging defaulters heavily. People must pay for their mistakes in order to make government business serious.
Re: Odumeje To Pay For Cost Of Demolishing His Church – Soludo by Mohbola(f): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed's Outfit To Real Madrid Stadium In Spain (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu And David Hundeyin Fight Dirty Over Peter Obi / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.