Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage (4429 Views)

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by beautyhd: 6:37am On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
Good evening everyone, I need your candid opinion as I am about to return my proposal ring to my husband to be. We plan on traveling out of the country next year after getting married. All of a sudden he has been insisting on us not having a court wedding. He just wants us to do traditional wedding and that’s all!…I have tried to change his mind but he is really adamant about it. This is someone I have been dating for close to 6 years

Don’t wanna discourage you, that dude is up to something fishy.
He has plans for the future you aren’t aware of.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by satandeterrible: 7:01am On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
Good evening everyone, I need your candid opinion as I am about to return my proposal ring to my husband to be. We plan on traveling out of the country next year after getting married. All of a sudden he has been insisting on us not having a court wedding. He just wants us to do traditional wedding and that’s all!…I have tried to change his mind but he is really adamant about it. This is someone I have been dating for close to 6 years
Only a very foolish man will opt for court wedding when he intends to travel out with his spouse.

How many stores do we read here day on day out about men that have been rendered homeless and penniless by their Nigerian wives abroad.

When in Nigeria, the act like innocent, little princesses. Once you marry her in the court's and travel out, she transforms into a devilish tigress.

Your man is an indeed very wise man.
From the look of things, your plan is to ride on his finances to travel out of the country, then after some time, rape him in the divorce courts.

You are very wicked and demonic.
Tell me, why are you insisting on court wedding if not for your devilish and evil intents.

God will punish you pig.
May God help that man not to marry a wicked and scheming devil like yourself.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by techWriter3: 7:13am On Jul 09, 2022
You strove to noise fair, you strove so hard to avoid the bolded but you can't help it
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by DenreleDave(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
He said “Nobody knows tomorrow”

He Is wise.. He knows how wicked you can turn if possible should you guys travel abroad....

He is very wise... Avoiding impending dangers

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by crackhaus: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
What proof will he have that he's a married man?

Your story is not clear...

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by SocialJustice: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
Return the ring and go your way. Is it by force to marry in court?

When women started exploiting court marriage against their husbands abroad, e dey sweet. Men are gradually becoming wise and dumping it.

Person go just dey, in the name of marriage, una go carry am go sign e life away. Tufiakwa!

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 8:57am On Jul 09, 2022
IvarTheBoneless:
Any man wey get sense... don't do Court.

That's what elders told us.... I have seen guys who did and are full of regrets now.
As simple as ABC. Baba know waiting en dey dodge, and I like d spirit. Court always favours women than men and aunty if u are not comfortable wit baba rules, kindly return d ring
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2022
satandeterrible:

Only a very foolish man will opt for court wedding when he intends to travel out with his spouse.

How many stores do we read here day on day out about men that have been rendered homeless and penniless by their Nigerian wives abroad.

When in Nigeria, the act like innocent, little princesses. Once you marry her in the court's and travel out, she transforms into a devilish tigress.

From the look of things, your plan is to ride on his finances to travel out of the country, then after some time, rape him in the divorce courts.

Tell me, why are you insisting on court wedding if not for your devilish and evil intents.

God will punish you pig.
ALL SHE WANTED ITS D PAPER NOT D MARRIAGE. SHE IS A MARRIAGE SCAMMER, SHE WANTS TO RIDE ON BABA'S FINANCE AND JAKPA, LATER SHE WILL TURN TO D DEVIL WE ALL READ

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2022
SocialJustice:
Return the ring and go your way. Is it by force to marry in court?

When women started exploiting court marriage against their husbands abroad, e dey sweet. Men are gradually becoming wise and dumping it.

Person go just dey, in the name of marriage, una go carry am go sign e life away. Tufiakwa!
THAT LADY IS A MARRIAGE SCAMMER, ALL HER MIND NA COURT WEDDING SO THAT SHE FIT USE AM AGAINST BABA FOR OBODO OYIBO
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Marvyx(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I think the problem here is in the how he intends to go about protecting himself. He could easier protect himself by signing a prenuptial agreement with his wife-to-be. But you and i know that traditional marriage here in Nigeria would not keep divorce from happening even from abroad, but it can keep her from leaving Nigeria with him. So..... yes, the problem is the how he intends to protect himself.

By the way, what makes you think her loyalty means anything to him if after 6 years he still intends to take out traditional marriage insurance against her??

1. Women generally will turn the tables around if a man asks for a 'prenuptial agreement' - that's for sure. Heck, most women won't even sign it. So the guy man is doing what he thinks is best.

2. Like I previously hinted, she may have given him vibes that would make him feel this way. No man will see absolutely loyalty in a woman and will want to insure himself especially in a country in Nigeria where family values are strong. But who knows if she has been given him 'feminist vibes' throughout the 6 years? You think even if he loves her, he won't want to insure himself? Nahhh.. Men are getting wiser.
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by halaqasa: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2022
satandeterrible:

God will punish you pig.

E be many things walahi
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by SocialJustice: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

THAT LADY IS A MARRIAGE SCAMMER, ALL HER MIND NA COURT WEDDING SO THAT SHE FIT USE AM AGAINST BABA FOR OBODO OYIBO
I'm inclined to believe you.
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by BigDawsNet: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2022
His probably not going for court...not because he doesn't love you.

But it's obvious you guys will be travelling on a visit, tourism visa... ur hubby to be his trying to appear single when he land so both of you can easily look for a partner to marry and get documents... while you guys regenerate back in the near future and marry fulltime.

If he tell u the plan.. you will not buy the idea...
But I guess that's his plan

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by cococandy(f): 10:25am On Jul 09, 2022
What do you think will happen if they try to travel abroad as husband and wife without a wedding certificate?

First of all do you think they can travel without that?
They have to travel with some proof of marriage even if it wasn’t issued by a court (but I’ll let y’all know now that depending on where they are going. Only a govt issued certificate is acceptable). Let say they do manage to go without a court cert but they offered some form of proof marriage, do you think she can’t use that same proof for whatever evil y’all think she’s planning to commit?

Just think about it.

emmanuelbrown26:

Marvyx:
If you guys want to travel out, chances are that he's aware of family laws over there that favours women and not men. But that's not the main issue because many Nigerian couples are still getting marriage documented before travelling out.

I think you or someone else may have subtly given him the idea of uncertainty of what will happen when he marries you and travels out with you. We've read stories about how Nigeria ladies go abroad and turn to lions in the household because of their family laws. Guy man wants to protect himself. Forget 6 years, women will still be women. I can't think of anything else than that. The solution is to give him an assurance of loyalty.
satandeterrible:

God will punish you pig.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by FahBuLous: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2022
Court marriage so that you will get tired and milk the young man dry bfr you finally leave...

Bitch...

The young man is wise...
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Marvyx(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2022
cococandy:
What do you think will happen if they try to travel abroad as husband and wife without a wedding certificate?

First of all do you think they can travel without that?
They have to travel with some proof of marriage even if it wasn’t issued by a court (but I’ll let y’all know now that depending on where they are going. Only a govt issued certificate is acceptable). Let say they do manage to go without a court cert but they offered some form of proof marriage, do you think she can’t use that same proof for whatever evil y’all think she’s planning to commit?

Just think about it.

A legit way to dump her then. If not, why would a man back out from a legit marriage proof to someone he loves? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by MadarasBlade(m): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Nothing bad in that: smart move even.

It's always wise to plan for worst case scenario though I'm intrigued to know how they'll prove their union at the embassy.
Always wise bro.
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by DBestDoc(f): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
He said “Nobody knows tomorrow”

It’s unfortunate you’ve wasted 6yrs of your life with this guy. He obviously has other plans and not ready to FULLY commit to you. For him, there’s an inevitable that he’s trying to be prepared for. This is not the kind of man you’d want to build your life with and around.

My advice is for you to find the strength to move on as hard as it is, better now than later. The marriage may not last long if you go ahead with him as he’s already planning a smooth exit before the union starts proper.

All the best!

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Kobojunkie: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2022
Marvyx:
1. Women generally will turn the tables around if a man asks for a 'prenuptial agreement' - that's for sure. Heck, most women won't even sign it. So the guy man is doing what he thinks is best.

2. Like I previously hinted, she may have given him vibes that would make him feel this way. No man will see absolutely loyalty in a woman and will want to insure himself especially in a country in Nigeria where family values are strong. But who knows if she has been given him 'feminist vibes' throughout the 6 years? You think even if he loves her, he won't want to insure himself? Nahhh.. Men are getting wiser.
1. Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman, so also is a prenuptial agreement. undecided

Not all women react similarly to it so no need for the generalization. Also, it is so much better than what this man is offering OP which amounts to marital imprisonment in Nigeria while he runs off abroad. undecided

2. Regardless, marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman. No man or woman has any right to use marriage in deceiving another in marriage. undecided
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
Moneyyman:
Hi, yes. I tried to be as fair as possible. When I said compromise, I didn't mean something bad. I was talking about a prenuptial agreement. Maybe I should have included it there. I'll modify now.

Her husband's fears (if confirmed) are quite valid. We can't pretend that the abroad laws, in most cases, are not hard on men and a bit easier on women during divorce. Women have it rough too, though.

I think it's best that they both do a prenuptial agreement as that could protect the both of them to their best interests.

Oh Prenuptial agreement is fair, at least both parties are covered. The compromise on her part sounded like you were encouraging her to take a chance and go with the traditional arrangements alone.

Although I still maintain she double check this partner of hers, he sounds too selfish for a union.
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Kobojunkie: 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
BigDawsNet:
His probably not going for court...not because he doesn't love you.

But it's obvious you guys will be travelling on a visit, tourism visa... ur hubby to be his trying to appear single when he land so both of you can easily look for a partner to marry and get documents... while you guys regenerate back in the near future and marry fulltime.

If he tell u the plan.. you will not buy the idea...
But I guess that's his plan
I am also having a hard time buying this story of yours since it is hard to given the reality of things undecided
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
FahBuLous:
Court marriage so that you will get tired and milk the young man dry bfr you finally leave...

Bitch...

The young man is wise...
Last I checked she wasn't holding a gun to his neck for marriage. Why call her name because she seeks advice.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by phemmyfour: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:
More reason you should have a court marriage up there. It's either he's just being stupid or have an ulterior motive. If he remains adamant, quit the relationship

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by cococandy(f): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
Marvyx:

A legit way to dump her then. If not, why would a man back out from a legit marriage proof to someone he loves? cheesy
na who I go ask? Lol
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by GloriousGbola: 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
Merxi:

Once you are not legally married, the man can bail on you at any time. I have literally seen this happen. Or the man can marry a second wife who will now be the legal wife,f**k you and the 10 years you spent with him before

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by UptownVibes(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
It shows you don't love him genuinely.. Return the ring,since court marriage is your problem.. He won't die .. The said guy is very wise.. He understands the nature of women,that they can never be trusted. Greet the wise guy for me... Because you have been dating him for 100 years,so he should fall into a pit undecided If it was the other way round, will you agree to court marriage? Ladies selfishness knows no bound.. Damn!

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Mindlog: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
UptownVibes:
It shows you don't love him genuinely.. Return the ring,since court marriage is your problem.. He won't die .. The said guy is very wise.. He understands the nature of women,that they can never be trusted. Greet the wise guy for me... Because you have been dating him for 100 years,so he should fall into a pit undecided If it was the other way round, will you agree to court marriage? Ladies selfishness never knowns no bound.. Damn!

If they get married only traditionally with no legally recognized document backing it, what will they fill as marital status when applying for the visa.

The man has the option of going to the foreign country as a bachelor and marry a local there, so even if the marriage ends and the court favours the woman and the children (if any) based on his assets there, at least he will be comforted by the thought that he was not betrayed by a woman he brought from Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by BigDawsNet: 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am also having a hard time buying this story of yours since it is hard to given the reality of things undecided

It's just a theory.. I based outside and I know Unmarried couple go separate ways just to get docs... some come back to dere primary lover while some don't...
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by alphaNomega: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2022
Thantayo:
So in summary... you value court wedding(which is just paper and signatures) over your potential husband and you are ready to be single again till you get that paper?
Most countries don't regard a Nigerian traditional wedding as a marriage so she is still single if she goes along with her bobo's plan. Unless they plan to remain in Nigeria then she can be said to be married.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Biglittlelois(f): 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
Nigerian men are ok with being swindled by foreign women, they prefer to be cheated during divorce processes by white women than black women, and the worst is Nigerian women, they can kill her and their kids if divorce benefits and favours them, we've seen cases like that everywhere,

A classic case of mental slavery garnished with inferiority complex and low self esteem, they do not care about their kind, reason why Nigeria is as backward as it is today.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by mastermaestro(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
Mindlog:

Not all Churches, especially those mushroom ones.

Don’t sound stupid, oga. angry Just say unregistered ones instead of mushroom. It’s condescending to use such a degrading term in reference to a sacred assembly, irrespective of your faith or non-faith. angry
Re: My Fiance Is Insisting On Not Having A Court Marriage by Mindlog: 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
mastermaestro:

Don’t sound stupid, oga. angry Just say unregistered ones instead of mushroom. It’s condescending to use such a degrading term in reference to a sacred assembly, irrespective of your faith or non-faith. angry

Unregistered? cheesy cheesy Sacred assembly is relative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Sex Keep A Man? / How Do Couples Living In One Room With Kids Cope With Love Making In Their Midst / These Is Breaking Me,i Need Someone To Talk To!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.