Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' (32377 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London / Wike To Anambra Delegates: Peter Obi Won’t Win Primaries, Don't Waste Your Votes / Why Sanwo-olu Won’t Probe Ambode’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by ijustdey: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2022
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP), says he would not “victimise or witch hunt” previous government if elected into office in the 2023 presidential election.

Speaking with journalists on Friday after unveiling Datti Baba-Ahmed, founder of Baze University, as his running mate for the poll, Obi said he is only interested in blocking leakages and moving the country forward.

“As for probing the past government, let me tell you: you see me argue that you can’t close your shop and be chasing thieves, those who only look at yesterday and today will miss tomorrow. God did not give us eyes at the back, mine is to look forward,” he said.

“If you come into the government today and decide to stop the leakage first, you will get more. I am not going to be part of any form of victimisation or witch-hunt, it won’t happen. Nigerians must live within law and order.

“But I can tell you right away. If you, the principal person, the local government chairman, the governor or the President are not stealing, your family is not, and those around you are not, you will reduce it by 70 per cent.”

He said that Baba-Ahmed, a former legislator, was excellently equipped to contribute his intellectual and professional accomplishments to the effort to free Nigeria from the archaic politics of ethnicity.

“We made this choice of Datti, and I sat down and discussed it. I said to him, What we are doing is not just the two of us,” he said.

“We are bringing all Nigerians into this big tent where everybody will be involved because we want to end the primitive politics of ethnicity and religion. What we want now is to replace that with competence.”

https://www.thecable.ng/i-wont-probe-buharis-government-if-elected-says-peter-obi

190 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by silvoclaira: 11:22am On Jul 09, 2022
If you don't plan in probing past corrupt officials then, you should please do me a favor by probing only that LIAR Mohammedu... Abeg

472 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Kez11: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2022
In as much as I agree that you can’t close your shop and be
chasing thieves, you can't totally allow those thieves to run away with our money...Most of our politicians individually are richer than some states in Nigeria

with a sound Judiciary and Antigraft agency, the money we would recoup from those thieves, Nigeria may not need to borrow a dime for more than 2years.

VOTE RIGHT, VOTE OBI/DATTI

311 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Baawaa(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2022
You are just deceiving your followers, you know very sure that you cannot win the election

154 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by silvoclaira: 11:24am On Jul 09, 2022
Baawaa:
You are just deceiving your followers, you know very sure that you cannot the election

What is this simp saying?? Typing trash as usual like leoking

Go back to bush herding your sallah sheeps

481 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Ogbuu101: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2022
Yes ooo.
They will just be commanded to confess one by one grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by intruder15(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2022
Where did previous probe lead us to? You can't be in the past and also in the present. I prefer the future.

207 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by jrusky(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2022
Obi plz keep quiet you are a loser.

So if you won't problem massive looting and corruption then what is the different between you and Tinubu?

I say this man has nothing to offer so all billions stolen by apc gone baa?

I said this man is a creepy smart thief. Only a thief will promise a thief safe passage.

Watch as his useless support will hail him but Olisah Metuh, Dasuki etc nearly die in prison for looting but Obi want the satanic apc free passage. Una no well at all

Obi pls try again in 2031 but 2023 sorry Hell No.

Good day....

55 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Ogbuu101: 11:27am On Jul 09, 2022
Baawaa:
You are just deceiving your followers, you know very sure that you cannot the election
Cassava and agbado urchin grin

253 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Ogbuu101: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2022
jrusky:

So if you won't problem massive looting and corruption then what is the different between you and Tinubu?

I said this man is a creepy smart thief. Only a thief will promise a thief safe passage.

Watch as his useless support will hail him but Olisah Metuh, Dasuki etc nearly die in prison for looting but Obi want the satanic apc free passage. Una no well at all

Good day....
What did you gain from all the probe osama binhari has engaged in since?

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Baawaa(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2022
silvoclaira:

What is this simp saying??

Go back to bush herding your sallah sheeps
This is one of the mumu followers, we shall know them by their comments

41 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Totilopussylick(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2022
Baawaa:

Read what you typed tongue tongue tongue

Casava and agbado pikin tongue undecided

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by silvoclaira: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Baawaa:

This is one of the mumu followers, we shall know them by their comments

You are a sallah ram on top ROOF
grin

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by inoki247: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2022
2023 all na go rest...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Ogbuu101: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2022
Baawaa:
Say it without crying grin

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Kennedyli: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2022
He's the president. Its not his job to probe anybody. He will allow the efcc and and icipc to do their job without interference.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by jrusky(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2022

So if you won't prob the massive looting and corruption then what is the different between you and Tinubu?

Watch as his useless supporters will hail him in his attempt to protect thieves but Olisah Metuh, Dasuki etc nearly died in prison for looting but Obi want to give the satanic apc free passage. Ii its Tinubu or Atiku that said this oh my God hell will let loose today. Una no well at all

Good day....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Benaddy: 11:34am On Jul 09, 2022
Obi knows the reality Infront of him but his supporters are blind, well we know you are saying this to win some buhari supporters but ko le werk

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by jrusky(m): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2022
Kennedyli:
He's the president. Its not his job to probe anybody. He will allow the efcc and and icipc to do their job without interference.

I said it they will support him it's now efcc job under Obi but under buhari it's buhari and efcc job.

Pls just gerra outta this forum una has nothing to offer. Omokri was right.

U see your life?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by JASONjnr(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2022
Kez11:
In as much as I agree that you can’t close your shop and be
chasing thieves, you can't totally allow those thieves to run away with our money...Most of our politicians individually are richer than some states in Nigeria

with a sound Judiciary, the money we would recoup from those thieves, Nigeria may not need to borrow a dime for more than 2years.

VOTR RIGHT, VOTE OBI/DATTI

It will be a waste of time and tenure...

The right thing is for him to come in prepared... Take the office and change the stories....

The mistake that the dullard did was waiting for corrupt politicians to bring back the money for him to reloot and share it to his goons.. But the same people he was waiting for, became his friends and today, they're the best party members that he's always smiling to hand them offices to keep stealing..

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by JASONjnr(m): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2022
Baawaa:
You are just deceiving your followers, you know very sure that you cannot win the election

Then wait and see.....

You're now wailing and whining...

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by ajekpaks(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2022
lol
Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by flamingREED(m): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Very smart smart answer!

The law of power (edited) – aspowerful as power is, it is still deceivable.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Kennedyli: 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
jrusky:

I said it they will support him it's now efcc job under Obi but under buhari it's buhari and efcc job.
Pls just gerra outta this forum una has nothing to offer. Omokri was right.
U see your life?
Well before you quote me at least have sense. Yes, Buhari was using Efcc to persecute others.
- That was why he was adamant about making Magus the chairman.
- That's why everyone who decamped to APC was allowed to go scot-free.
- Which is why even those convicted by efcc were pardoned.

If Buhari allowed Efcc to function properly, a lot of those politicians would be in jail today.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by jrusky(m): 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kennedyli:

Well before you quote me at least have sense. Yes, Buhari was using Efcc to persecute others.
- That was why he was adamant about making Magus the chairman.
- That's why everyone who decamped to APC was allowed to go scot-free.
- Which is why even those convicted by efcc were pardoned.

If Buhari allowed Efcc to function properly, a lot of those politicians would be in jail today.

Hello there is different from persecuting and asking for refund of our looted money bro.

Those you claimed persecuted were they saints? Your Obi don't want to use persecution as you claimed and dont want to ask back our money looted by thieves but want to give safe passage to thieves then that means he is a thief himself. No differe e from.Tinubu and Atiku you insulting on daily basis.

Case close.

Good day.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by TruthSocialAPP: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
Oya eat.
jrusky:

So if you won't prob the massive looting and corruption then what is the different between you and Tinubu?

Watch as his useless supporters will hail him in his attempt to protect thieves but Olisah Metuh, Dasuki etc nearly died in prison for looting but Obi want to give the satanic apc free passage. Ii its Tinubu or Atiku that said this oh my God hell will let loose today. Una no well at all

Good day....

29 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by jrusky(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
TruthSocialAPP:
Oya eat.

Not funny though...unfortunate for you I'm a die hard pdp so try other shit but Obi won't be the president.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by PresidObi: 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2022
Obi for president

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Ddokie: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kennedyli:

That's the point a lot of people are just unable to understand, and I just don't know why its difficult. They expect him to contaminate the whole space with chants that he would probe this government and deal with corrupt politicians. The dunce who made that his claim to fame, what has he done?

Thanks for writing this. I wanted to, but I just get weakened by a lot of people's ability to grasp issues.

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Kennedyli: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
jrusky:

Hello there is different from persecuting and asking for refund of our looted money bro.

Those you claimed persecuted were they saints? Your Obi don't want to use persecution as you claimed and dont want to ask back our money looted by thieves but want to give safe passage to thieves then that means he is a thief himself. No differe e from.Tinubu and Atiku you insulting on daily basis.

Case close.

Good day.
How much did he get back for 8 years? If that was his goal and he didn't achieve it; doesn't that make him a failure?

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by Kez11: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
JASONjnr:

It will be a waste of time and tenure...

The right thing is for him to come in prepared... Take the office and change the stories....

The mistake that the dullard did was waiting for corrupt politicians to bring back the money for him to reloot and share it to his goons.. But the same people he was waiting for, became his friends and today, they're the best party members that he's always smiling to hand them offices to keep stealing..

I agree with you to some extent.

Do you know Nigeria is sitting on a cliff edge in terms of debt? With the current borrowing spree, no country or organization will agree to lend us money by 2024.

Those thieves needs to be probed with a sound Judiciary and Antigraft agency

With someone like Peter Obi, we can be assured the recovered loots will be judiciously put in use

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' by jrusky(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
Kennedyli:

How much did he get back for 8 years? If that was his goal and he didn't achieve it; doesn't that make him a failure?

Abeggyyyy!!!

Pls free us. No more market to sale. Take your Obi to your village we don't want life threatening presidential supporters in our country we have suffered enough in the hand of buhari and we can not replaced him with bulliers and life threatening mofos.

Abeg.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Releases 249 Suspected Boko Haram Members / David Lyon Declared Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election / Simon Ekpa Declares Monday Sit At Home Protest Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.