Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Is It Safe To Use A Braided Garden Hose For Drinking Water? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Safe To Use A Braided Garden Hose For Drinking Water? (216 Views)

Is It Safe For Drinking? / See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) / FG Sets Quality Standard For Drinking Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Use A Braided Garden Hose For Drinking Water? by SwordOfOrion(m): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2022
Happy Sunday guys. I need a little guidance on this. So where I live, tap water comes only once every few days. The water flows for a few hours and then is shut off by the utility (water board). Now I have these large containers that I fill up with water pending the next time we get water. I used to use buckets to fill them which I figured was energy intensive and time consuming, so i decided to buy a normal braided garden hose, connect it to the tap and fill all of my containers... you know, point and fill (work smart, not hard). The problem is the hose has this strong chemical smell, and the water begins to smell like the hose if it sits in it for a while, and the smell is really unpleasant. I know have a feeling this is not safe and it may affect my health in the long term since I use the water to cook and make tea and stuff like that. I'm thinking of getting rid of the hose, I don't want to wake up some years later with kidney or liver problems or cancer. What do you guys think? And is there a hose you can recommend for handling drinking water? I don't want to go back to using the buckets again.
Lalasticlala, biko, help save a guy's life.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Flood : Two Persons Still Missing, After Recovery Of Two Suvs From Canal / FMC Abeokuta not in crisis - Management / Most Popular PMU Treatments In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.