Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? (9891 Views)

Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by baralatie(m): 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
Franking:
Jonah. I wan to know how he spent days in the belly of a fish without being digested. Was he sitting down, lying down or standing the whole time. grin
Interesting but not impossible
If we can imagine the stomach size of a dinosaur then imagine a large size fish that could swallow a man
But I don't think Jonah was digested .the fish took Jonah in its mouth and must be a plankton feeder.so the effect of digesting his flesh is minimal but the heat
It would have required the almighty God actually keeping Jonah alive! wink
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Oceanjagaban: 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Judas! the first human trafficker for the full world...e no easy to scale Bros J
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Franking: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
baralatie:

Interesting but not impossible
If we can imagine the stomach size of a dinosaur then imagine a large size fish that could swallow a man
But I don't think Jonah was digested .the fish took Jonah in its mouth and must be a plankton feeder.so the effect of digesting his flesh is minimal but the heat
It would have required the almighty God actually keeping Jonah alive! wink

Hahaha! That is impossible. No fish can swallow a human whole. Keeping Jonah in its mouth for days is impossible too unless the usual God factor that has actually never been proved.

1 Like

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by baralatie(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Franking:

Hahaha! That is impossible. No fish can swallow a human whole. Keeping Jonah in its mouth for days is impossible too unless the usual God factor that has actually never been proved.
Like you said the God factor is real but we need a big size fish which is possible
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Olatara(f): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ego2:
Jonathan

A true friend till the end smiley
I don't like how he ended.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by akeeng: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Solomon
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
Pharaoh.
Aside from being African, he understood the indices of power to the fullest. At the mention of Pharaoh, the Jewish people trembles.

HEROD

ABSALOM
He's the most handsome dude the Bible regarded with 2.7kg weight of his hair alone.

GOLIATH

NEBUCHADNEZZAR
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by karmaolu1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Me na Mr/King Solomon.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Tallesty1:
Onan.
Genesis 38:8-10

8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

Dude invented family planning without even knowing

Thanks for reminding me the quotation.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
Utanisco:
JUdas Iscariot

Without this nigga
We will never have salvation

Thankyou Judas Iscariot
Thankyou Jerusalem
Thankyou isreal

Thankyou Jesus

grin grin
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by udumosam23(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jonah. Very seriously.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Fearyourcreator: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Goodmarlian:
David! that man is a great man people wonder why God always pardon his sins,God loves men of great faith imagine a teenager who walked up to fight the greatest soldier in palestine with just a stone and catapult,our current General overseers no get that kind faith na why them dey move around with dss,army,mopol etc they dont believe in what they preach.
So David after becoming king walks alone
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by u3man(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jesus Christ and king David �
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Ain't got no one

There is nothing special about them

They are all people with delusion of grandeur mentality....they form wetin them nor be

Especially that Jesus...that false son of one naive carpenter
Called Joseph..he pain me say man like Joseph just allow Mary deceive am say she conceive by the Holy spirit whereas na one guy man knack her belle

Maay the Lord have mercy on you!
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by ronyman(m): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
Same here.. David for his understanding of the mind of God.
minks:

Another person I like so much is David. His love for God inspires me to seek God with all my heart.

1 Like

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by peterbello(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
minks:
The Bible is the most inspiring book I've ever read. It is based primarily on the lives of God's people through history and preserved for us by God Himself.
From the stories of the lives of God's servants in the Bible, my favourite character is Joseph.
The story of Joseph inspires me to serve God in all circumstances and trust Him to bring His plan to pass in my life.

Who's your favourite Bible character and what have you learned from his/her life?

Na king Solomon o. Any time, any how, any where. The thought of having so many women, great wealth and too much sense is overwhelming. What else would a man want?
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by MeaslesMumpsRub: 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
Ballam's Horse gets a honourable mention.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jesus,Joseph,solomon,David
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by baralatie(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:
Ballam's Horse gets a honourable mention.
It was an ass/donkey not a horse
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by MeaslesMumpsRub: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
baralatie:

It was an ass/donkey not a horse

Oh, Thank You.
I am a Muslim in-between.l and I acknowledge there's a lot of wisdom in the bible.

As it is only a fool that argues the truth of a fable instead of learning from it.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Smartlux(m): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
Aaron
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Tobex31(m): 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
Jesus the Lord
Simon Peter
King David
Apostle Paul
Prophet Moses
Prophet Elijah
Mordecai
Ruth
Rebecca
Esther
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by achimendy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
minks:
The Bible is the most inspiring book I've ever read. It is based primarily on the lives of God's people through history and preserved for us by God Himself.
From the stories of the lives of God's servants in the Bible, my favourite character is Joseph.
The story of Joseph inspires me to serve God in all circumstances and trust Him to bring His plan to pass in my life.

Who's your favourite Bible character and what have you learned from his/her life?

Joseph, David and Daniel.

1 Like

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by WantsandMore: 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
minks:

Elijah
Elisha
Moses
Jesus

1 Like

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by pastorkingsleye(m): 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
I have a lot of them as favorites, but will go for Apostle Paul. The Pauline scriptures are great unusual revelations. If you can understand the writings of Paul, that means you already understand two third of the Bible.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by MamaletASO: 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
JESUS
Jesus story is the best story..
Filled with salvation, deliverance, miracles, signs and wonders

Daniel,
Daniel threw d window open ajar and said I can't hide worshipping my God.
He bliev in the Sovereignty and Supremacy of the Living God. Daniel was delivered from the lions den..
Daniel was filled with divine excellence.

Happy last Sunday of the month to you all..

I love you all, in love of God
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by DonroxyII: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
minks:
The
Jesus Christ for He doesn't Condemn Judge But Seek Restoration to God: Jesus is the true Depiction of What God wants from Mankind, We are Meant to Complement and Fulfilled One Another not Compete !

King Solomon He was So Powerful and Achieves alot for His People through God as well as His Love for Women

Joseph the Minister of Finance Son of Jacob Brother to Benjamin for Forgiving his Brothers who Casted Him Down into Well:

Moses For Being Raised By Superpower Pharaoh, Learnt alot of Great Skills and Defeated Pharaoh's Magicians and Still Perish Him in Oceans as well as His Magic Rod, All Powers Belongs to God Only and No Power Belongs to Devils But Scheming !

1 Like

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by Panda7(m): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
i think david and daniel in babylon.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by deebrownneymar: 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
minks:

Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? by dochenaj: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Moses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / Federal High Court Dismisses TB Joshua's Lawsuit Against Lagos Coroner' / Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.