Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 (30208 Views)

How To Make Black Soup, A Healthy Nigerian Soup (Photos, Video) / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Dshocker(m): 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2022

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by okunwaye(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
Ate it recently smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by ImoleNaija: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
angelfallz:
This does not look enticing.

I bin dey think say na only me no find am enticing o. angry

Different tribes & different foods sha cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by femiasaolu2014: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
Anyone who can give me this with real pounded yam is who I will will all my properties to.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by ImoleNaija: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Dshocker:

Jesu Kristy!!!

Na food be this?

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by folake4u(f): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
I love this soup so much. I eat it with Eba, rice or yam.

Very delicious and healthy. kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by folake4u(f): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Rave90:
Someone recommended adding bitterleaf. What do you think?

Ah. It's a no no.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Evergreen4(m): 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oh my gawd, this soup dey sweet sha. The color may be discouraging but the taste is top notch

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by phemmyfour: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chopchopfine:
This is one of the methods of making Black Soup. This method doesn't need Banga, just little or no palm oil at all. It's healthy and rich. It regulates blood pressure, helps bowel movement and lots of benefits. Due to the rich vegetables used in preparing this soup. It is also good for losing weight. Children don't like it Bec of how it looks, and sometimes when bitter leaf is added, they run away from it.
Any other name apart from "black soup"

It doesn't sound well to me
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by pocohantas(f): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
folake4u:
I love this soup so much. I eat it with Eba, rice or yam.

Very delicious and healthy. kiss

She made it look so easy. First time I actually understand the process. I would probably try it in very little quantity.

Thanks Chopchopfine.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Sheggy13(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chopchopfine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJCTe1FFUiY
Why attributing black soup to Edo when it isn't traditionally theirs? Black soup is a traditional Ondo state delicacy.
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
My worst nightmare. The smell of this soup gives me migraine
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by pocohantas(f): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
Spirit04:
My worst nightmare. The smell of this soup gives me migraine

Hahahaha. Abeg no scare me o.
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by folake4u(f): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
pocohantas:

She made it look so easy. First time I actually understand the process. I would probably try it in very little quantity.

Thanks Chopchopfine.

Yes,it's actually easy to prepare.

Please try it and give us feedback. I'm sure you'd like it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by folake4u(f): 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Nor mind am. It doesn't have a bad smell.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by oglalasioux(m): 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Must the swallow be in the soup?
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Esesuwa8: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chopchopfine:
This is one of the methods of making Black Soup. This method doesn't need Banga, just little or no palm oil at all. It's healthy and rich. It regulates blood pressure, helps bowel movement and lots of benefits. Due to the rich vegetables used in preparing this soup. It is also good for losing weight. Children don't like it Bec of how it looks, and sometimes when bitter leaf is added, they run away from it.

What about the steps or way of preparation?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by tonididdy(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
As an Edo myself this is a certified meal.
This photo was from Xmas in my home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by cayorday89(m): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
I love black soup.

It is a medicinal and very healthy soup.

I enjoy it with pounded yam or pupuru for those who know
That pupuru was what came to my mind when I saw black soup. Truly Ondo get varieties of food and soup just like the south south and south east.
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by cayorday89(m): 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
pocohantas:

You have nothing to fear, it's smells nice and tastes good.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by cayorday89(m): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyfour:
Any other name apart from "black soup"
It doesn't sound well to me
For the Ondo folks, we call it Marugbo or Obe-Eweta.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by pocohantas(f): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
cayorday89:

You have nothing to fear, it's smells nice and tastes good.

Thanks o. My mind been cut.

folake4u:

Yes,it's actually easy to prepare.

Please try it and give us feedback. I'm sure you'd like it. cheesy

I will sha use small banga for mine. Make una no crucify me for the outcome. grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by itoski(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
This soup is life with pounded yam.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by oneunited(m): 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chopchopfine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJCTe1FFUiY

It is incomplete without mixing Banga with it,if you know,you know!!!
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by panpan(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
Apart from the colour, is there much difference between black soup and ofe nsala?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by folake4u(f): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
pocohantas:

Thanks o. My mind been cut.

I will sha use small banga for mine. Make una no crucify me for the outcome. grin

Yes. You can use banga too. With or without banga is just fine.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by itoski(m): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
folake4u:

Yes. You can use banga too. With or without bangs is just fine.

grin grin

Please do the one with banga...I prefer that

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by olamilarks(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by folake4u(f): 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
itoski:

Please do the one with banga...I prefer that

You don't like it without banga?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Litmus: 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hmm another Nigeria dish for Ghanaians to add to their Nigeria cultural heritage shopping list for conversion back home into Ghana ownership. undecided

soon to be Ghana owned loading.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by edosignature(m): 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
My Edo wife prepared & love this soup like everyday.

Proudly Edo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Talk To Us On your Varieties Food:Our Service Delivery Is Free And Affordable / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video) / Man Dies After Consuming Pregnant Cat Meat In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.