Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 (30207 Views)

How To Make Black Soup, A Healthy Nigerian Soup (Photos, Video) / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2022
Chopchopfine:
Abeg leave am oh, Bini people say " belle wen contain food nor dey contain sickness"
How are ya?
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2022
I'm good, and you? Thanks for asking.
FERNANDEZISBACK:

How are ya?
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by gasparpisciotta: 11:21am On Jul 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You again? undecided cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2022
Chopchopfine:
I'm good, and you? Thanks for asking.
You are welcome.. your food looks nice.. wink

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thank you
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are welcome.. your for looks nice.. wink
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
Chopchopfine:
Thank you
Sorry..i meant food..you are welcome..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by armyofone(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
I like scent leaf- straight
Uziza leaf - straight
Bitter leaf - straight etc

The mixtures of three different leafy vegetables - is the reason because of not enough of each leaf ?

See - the kids refused to eat! The taste of 3 or more leafy vegetables confused them.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Rave90: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
It is truly an herbal soup. I love its high nutritional value.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2022
Okay
armyofone:
Uziza leaf - straight

The mixtures of three different leafy vegetables - reason not enough of each leaf ?

See - the kids refused to eat! The taste of 3 or more leafy vegetables confused them.
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thank you Rave
Rave90:
It is truly an herbal soup. I love its high nutritional value.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
Chopchopfine:
@AngelicBeing the Black Soup you requested is finally ready.
Why clean the snails with alum? undecided
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by AngelicBeing: 8:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why you dey quote me Kobojunkie, oya, enter kitchen and cook ogbono soup with fried goatmeat for me cool

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
armyofone:
Uziza leaf - straight

The mixtures of three different leafy vegetables - is the reason because of not enough of each leaf ?

Eating swallow with soup made with scent leaf... I no understand at all. undecided
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2022
Chopchopfine:
This is one of the methods of making Black Soup. This method doesn't need Banga, just little or no palm oil at all. It's healthy and rich. It regulates blood pressure, helps bowel movement and lots of benefits. Due to the rich vegetables used in preparing this soup. It is also good for losing weight. Children don't like it Bec of how it looks, and sometimes when bitter leaf is added, they run away from it.
What ratio do you have the leaves abeg? Do you have just as many scent leaves as you do Ukazi and Uziza or what? Na small scent leaf you dey use or you dey use equal proportions of each leave? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by armyofone(m): 1:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Eating swallow with soup made with scent leaf... I no understand at all. undecided

But you understand eating crunchy beans weevils ? grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Jul 12, 2022
armyofone:
Well, I was also introduced to eating of termites around that time in my life, so weevils in beans wasn't really that off the chart in terms of proteins source for me. My mum also tried to introduce us to those large maggots with blackheads that were sold in the market back in the days but that one proved too hard to swallow. cheesy

LOL.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by armyofone(m): 6:26am On Jul 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, I was also introduced to eating of termites around that time in my life, so weevils in beans wasn't really that off the chart in terms of proteins source for me. My mum also tried to introduce us to those large maggots with blackheads that were sold in the market back in the days but that one proved too hard to swallow. cheesy

LOL.

Nice memories!

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2022
You can use them equally, but ukazi must be very little, because of its hot nature.
Kobojunkie:
What ratio do you have the leaves abeg? Do you have just as many scent leaves as you do Ukazi and Uziza or what? Na small scent leaf you dey use or you dey use equal proportions of each leave? undecided
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2022
You can say that again.
armyofone:

Nice memories!
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2022
grin cheesy
armyofone:

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2022
That's what I'm used too, It removes all the slimyness
Kobojunkie:
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Kobojunkie: 9:51am On Jul 12, 2022
Chopchopfine:
You can use them equally, but ukazi must be very little, because of its hot nature.
What do you mean Uziza, right? undecided
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2022
No ukazi, it's more hot than Uziza
Kobojunkie:
What do you mean Uziza, right? undecided
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Rave90: 10:34am On Jul 12, 2022
Someone recommended adding bitterleaf. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2022
Not for me cheesy
Rave90:

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by ideaz: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Healthy soup indeed. Well done...

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Rave90: 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Chopchopfine:
Not for me cheesy

lol I hear. Lalasticlala come and see healthy food oo.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thank you.
ideaz:
Healthy soup indeed. Well done...

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
Rave90:
Has anyone actually tried that? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Chopchopfine: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
Yes, my people add bitter leaf.my grand mom used to add bitter leaf without boiling it first so the taste of the bitterness will come out, and she will say it's good for your body.
Kobojunkie:
Has anyone actually tried that? undecided
Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by angelfallz(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
This does not look enticing.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2022
Looks nice tho
I’ve Never eaten this dish
I’m not a fan of trying out different soups
I stick to the ones I grew up eating

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Talk To Us On your Varieties Food:Our Service Delivery Is Free And Affordable / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video) / Man Dies After Consuming Pregnant Cat Meat In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.