Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. (1303 Views)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Dating Your Neighbor? / The Disadvantages Of Being Handsome / The Disadvantages Of Having A Baby Mama. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by sanesta: 10:47am On Jul 11, 2022
In your view, What are the disadvantages of not having a child.?
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by tayo60(f): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2022
U won't have anyone bearing your name and carrying your legacy

1 Like

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2022
tayo60:
U won't have anyone bearing your name and carrying your legacy
That sucks... A million Nigerians have your last name so it's not really special... And that's not a legacy... There are better things to be remembered for...

6 Likes

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2022
When you hit old age, body go tell you

One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Enny2013(f): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2022
Old age!!!!
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 11, 2022
sanesta:
None... If you want kids, have them... There's no disadvantage...

Many people would say, "there would be no one to take care of you when you're old" but there's selfish... Not a good reason to bring kids into this cruel world...

2 Likes

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by virginprincess(f): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2022
Having children is very important especially in a country like nigeria, let even forget about old age and legacy, can you bear the pain of being called barren and impotent from your fellow man and woman even though you're the one that sided not to have children, besides there is joy in motherhood and fatherhood so I wonder why one who is fit to have children will decide not to have one.

1 Like

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Your kids aren't obligated to serve you... You aren't their responsibility... If they do, it's fine... If they don't, it's also fine...

Your kids might hate you... Might fall sick and pass away before you do... Might just be selfish...

It seems foolish to invest so much in other people... Humans aren't reliable...

So your reason for having children is so they clean your poop and feed you?

Not for companionship?

Enny2013:
Old age!!!!

1 Like

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by tayo60(f): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Hello ! What's up
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by okoroemeka(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2022
sanesta:
life will have no meaning,what achievement can I exchange for one arm of my child?Rolls-Royce?private jet?wealth unlimited?status?private yahtch?I cannot even exchange my child for a place in heaven.
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2022
tayo60:
Hello ! What's up
Papaya poraro mi
I’m doing great
How are you
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2022
Datboredberri:
Your kids aren't obligated to serve you... You aren't their responsibility... If they do, it's fine... If they don't, it's also fine...

Your kids might hate you... Might fall sick and pass away before you do... Might just be selfish...

It seems foolish to invest so much in other people... Humans aren't reliable...

So your reason for having children is so they clean your poop and feed you?

Not for companionship?

Explaining this may be really hard for you to understand, so I won’t

My lil advice
Screenshot my first comment, make a frame of it and hang it somewhere
When you hit 70, you’ll understand
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by JASONjnr(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2022
Last month, after I received my pay.... I sent half of my monthly pay to mom and she's been praying for me till date....

Some few weeks ago, when she was down, she was taken care of by my sister's husband...

She's asking me to send my kids over for this holiday... She wants all her grandkids to come be with her this coming holiday...

I wouldn't say she's fulfilling her dreams.. But she's always grateful and happy...

At old age, if you don't have kids.... you will have no one to take care of you.... No matter how much money you have... Except how much people you changed their lives...

Try and procreate... E get why!
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nyascobar1414: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2022
Enny2013:
Old age!!!!
Not all will be old
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by tayo60(f): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Papaya poraro mi
I’m doing great and
How are you
Fine, happy holiday
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nyascobar1414: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
Old age...but not all will get old...
Everything is vain though...

1 Like

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Enny2013(f): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Not all will be old
Ok...
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Dorwadora(f): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2022
There are no disadvantages.... I might never have a child of my own.

The Yorubas will say " Eni to bimo,omo loma sin. Enitio bimo, omo no loma sin".

Having a child is not an achievement neither a legacy.

2 Likes

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
tayo60:
Fine, happy holiday
Abi oh
How are you spending yours
As for me, I have been forcing food down my throat since morning.
Black amala and abula is bae
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by tayo60(f): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Abi oh
How are you spending yours
As for me, I have been forcing food down my throat since morning.
Black amala and abula is bae
That's cool,abi, ibile lawon eleyi
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
tayo60:
That's cool,abi, ibile lawon eleyi
Ibile confirm
Eran shiken is everywhere grin
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by tayo60(f): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Ibile confirm
Eran shiken is everywhere grin
grin grin
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by LadyD22(f): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
virginprincess:
Having children is very important especially in a country like nigeria, let even forget about old age and legacy, can you bear the pain of being called barren and impotent from your fellow man and woman even though you're the one that sided not to have children, besides there is joy in motherhood and fatherhood so I wonder why one who is fit to have children will decide not to have one.

These are all selfish , superficial reasons
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
None.
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nazgul: 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
1. You would experience a lot of social pressure from people around which gets really difficult to handle, friends, relatives, church members etc would gather behind you asking each other why...most might even rumor that you're into the occult hence your decision to remain childless, and believe me the majority would believe them.

2. You would become a misfit within your peer group. While your friends with babies relate baby issues with one another, you might feel odd and out of place in their midst.

3. You may never experience that unconditional love which you have for your babies. It's a feeling which is completely out of the world and no words can describe it well.

4. Your parents will never be happy with you, after all you took away their chance of experiencing childhood all over again.

5. You would have no one to take care of you and shoulder your responsibility in your old age. And if you're too poor to afford the services of professional maids, you'd die a lonely and sad death.

6. Your death would mark the end of your name on Earth. Without kids there would be no one to carry on the family legacy, every history about your family would end the day you kick the bucket.

2 Likes

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by LadyD22(f): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2022
sanesta:

I am definitely going to be a parent to one or two little ones by whatever means possible but I'm going to be a mature mom , I don't plan on having a child just because it's the right time , or I'm expected to , I will have a child when I'm ready to be responsible and to dedicate myself sincerely
There are no disadvantages to not having children , mostly just stereotypes , built from the outdated mindset that children were created mainly as business investments to serve their parents when they're older and can't take care of themselves anymore

many poor people have multiple children in case something happens to one of their children they have backup and not really understanding that your child did not ask to be born and therefore do not owe you any favor , they were born because "you wanted them" they never asked to be here and neither did any of us

I know a woman that had 12 beautiful children , claiming they were God's gift , like did God put his penis inside of you ? No it was you ,and now her daughters married off at their 18 birthdays and the boys are working for their daily bread , I'm sure most of them hope to not have children like their parents did because see suffering

It's the poorest people that have an army of children for survival purposes

I think many people aren't aware of the situation of motherhood , it's a total scam , don't do it unless you really want to , kids are not pets , they are human beings and one tini tiny mistake and their life is ruined because of you
Your vagina could tear and the society will give the child to its father , when it's you who goes through the sleepless nights and the the back aches, boob aches , leg aches , face aches , heartaches
You will be in charge of their health
Their academics
Feeding
Clothes

They will want the lastest iphone100
They will ask you why you don't buy them the clothes their classmates are wearing
They will tell you they need money and they'll use your hard-earned money on video games or something like that
You can't eat what you want first , their needs first , if that's not the case BAD PARENT
Basically if you try to raise them the way you're planning before you had them , they will hate you because they're humans , they can't be programmed , they will always change

Then there's peer pressure , there's serious issues ( paedophilia , bullying , drug abuse)

people will never tell you the side effects , you'll just see the cute baby videos and you're shouting my ovaries

Basically the reason why most parents emotional blackmail you is because they had you, so that they could use you in the future and when they invest all this time , money and effort , only for you to do what?

"You're studying mass comm , what happened to doctor , they pay them well"

"You're marrying Emeka , Chief Agwuna my classmate from secondary school wants your hand in marriage , don't be silly"

"After all I've done for you , you've chosen to embarrass me , why should I reduce your brideprice , the money i spent on you is more than the $1 billion chicken change , I'm asking him to pay, my friend go and sleep"

" Music? God forbid why would you be doing music? See I've enrolled you in computer class WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT"

"everything is for you , I'm doing this for you , when you grow up and get a job ,you can help us train your younger ones , all of this is for you my dear"

This is as a result of parents feeling cheated and resorting to emotional blackmail and manipulation to get back all that they gave during unforced parenting period , because society , their background and lack of education or lackof self will ,made them become parents when they didn't fully understand the concept of Parenthood , especially mothers

There are no disadvantages to not having a child , it's a matter of choice , and don't even bring up that talk of biological clock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by uvie66: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2022
virginprincess:
what is the joy ?
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Nwaotu10(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
NONE, ABSOLUTELY NONE.
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by FalseProphet1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
Nwaotu10:
NONE, ABSOLUTELY NONE.
I disagree, children are a blessing even the Bible and Koran confirmed it.

This I have seen

Mods front page, lalasticalala Mynd44
Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by Eileene(f): 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
sanesta:
Life comes in stages and you go through those stages with your peers...
Childhood
Adolescence
Adulthood
Then a stage comes where you are expected to give birth to another being,to be mature enough to be responsible for another life..Now you can choose not to do that but you will be missing out on these;

The Joy of parenthood: whether we admit it or not most of the things man chases are vanities the only thing that truly outlives us are our kids.When people see them they see your mark on earth.No amount of Benz could buy the happiness you feel at the sound of their voices and laughter..

The companionship they bring:When you are old and wrinkled.Their presence adds more meaning to life,their kids are there to give us the perfect chaos....

The Pride of parenthood:This is self explanatory...their wins are our wins their joy ours we relive life through them.

I hope with this not so few points of mine...

1 Like

Re: In Your View, What Are The Disadvantages Of Not Having A Child. by sanesta: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2022
Dorwadora:
There are no disadvantages.... I might never have a child of my own.

The Yorubas will say " Eni to bimo,omo loma sin. Enitio bimo, omo no loma sin".

Having a child is not an achievement neither a legacy.
you won't like to have children?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Boyfriend Stopped His Babe From Running To Meet Male Celebrity / Homosexuals Are Too Much / Hookup Or Sugar Mummy Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.