Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu (925 Views)

"I Regret Choosing Ethnicity Over Competence" Tinubu's Surpporter, Ogunrinde / Soludo Visits Road Site Unannounced, Terminates Contract For Lack Of Competence / Why I Didn’t Choose A Christian Running Mate – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Tunechi5(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2022
Apc presidential candidate Bola Tinubu says though he respects Islam and Christianity, he chose a Muslim running mate because of fairness and competence. “Religion, ethnicity and region cannot always and fully determine our path. To forge ahead as a nation towards development and prosperity, we must break free of old binds,” the APC national leader reasoned. “We must recalibrate our political calculations to where competence and fairness matters, more than reducible demographics.”
Mr Tinubu, in a letter on Sunday while announcing his choice of ex-Borno governor, Kashim Shettima, as his running mate, said he was not oblivious of the religious and ethnic sensitivities of the country.

“I am mindful of the energetic discourse concerning the possible religion of my running mate, just and noble people have talked to me about this. Some have counselled that I should select a Christian to please the christian community, others said I should pick a Muslim to appeal to the Muslim community, clearly, I cannot do both,” Mr Tinubu declared.
He added, “Both sides of the debate have impressive reasons and passionate arguments supporting their positions, both arguments are right in their own ways.”

According to him, the challenges plaguing Nigeria require placing competence in governance above religious sentiments.

He advocated the need to jettison the politics of ethnic and religious sentiments and imbibe the core value of competence and service delivery in political offices.

“May I say this to all of you, especially those disappointed in my selection based on religious considerations, I will not and cannot ignore the religious concerns and ethnic sensitivities of our people. Taking them into due consideration is an important part of good and able governance” Mr Tinubu explained.

In one of his rants before clinching the APC presidential ticket, the former Lagos governor had whipped ethnic sentiments among Yorubas with his infamous “emi lo kan” outcry.
He assured Nigerians that if elected the country’s next president he would ensure national development though that might require decisions politically difficult and rare to make.

Mr Tinubu announced Mr Shettima as his running mate for the 2023 presidential election in Daura, where he paid Sallah homage to President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://gazettengr.com/i-rejected-a-christian-running-mate-because-of-competence-tinubu/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by slimjohn2k5: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2022
This is an insult to Christians
Do you mean there is no competent Christian?
When it was about power shift to the south, nobody talked competence.

5 Likes

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Dreal1247: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2022
Ok
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Cypress042(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2022
Jagaban can do or say anything just to please his urchins undecided

Anyways

Peter Obi 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by kettykin: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2022
someone with no primary or secondary certificate talking about competency, Tufiakwa!!!!

6 Likes

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Cypress042(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2022
kettykin:
someone with no primary or secondary certificate talking about competency, Tufiakwa!!!!
cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by limeta(f): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2022
We must recalibrate our political calculations to where competence and fairness matters,
Tinubu.

Holy Jesus what is all this .
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by flamingREED(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2022
Finally, Nigeria is heading towards disintegration. I used to hear that ambition is deadly but I doubted it. I'm very surprised.

2 Likes

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Moh247: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
cool

How do you expect Northern Nigeria with Muslim majority to be represented by a Christian

Northern Politician have selected who they want

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Newton2024: 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2022
APC Muslim/Muslim Ticket: If Religion Does Not Matter, What About Ethnicity?

Online Tinubu's supporters are of the opinion that religion does not matter but competency. If you put competency above religion, why can't you put competency above tribe too? Can APC surpport Igbo/Igbo or Yoruba/Yoruba ticket?

Let us agree that competency should be placed above religion? Is there no Christian that is competent in the North?

1 Like

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Mysticwebb: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
When you were shouting it is your turn, you didn't talk about competency. Don't worry, Christians will show you how competent they are at the poll.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Newton2024: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool

How do you expect Northern Nigeria with Muslim majority to be represented by a Christian

Northern Politician have selected who they want

How APC Turned Docile Osibanjo (Yoruba Christian) To Mere Errand Boy In Aso Rock

Aisha Buhari first send him away from Aso Rock chapel and turned it to store. She said Church was noisy.

They later turned him to Aso Rock toilet washer.

They made the mere commissioner deny Christians and Southerners he represents.

He has no say in government. Ordinary Buhari's personal secretary has more say than Osibande.

The cabals gave the errand boy part of the returned Abacha loot to buy votes through trader moni.

Anytime Fulani herdsmen kill christian farmers, cabals would order Osibanjo to go and pay lip service condolences. He often called Fulani herdsmen terrorists extaminating Christians a mere herders-farmers clash.

Part of his job is also to quote phantom figure to malign former president Goodluck Jonathan.

In all these, fake pastor Osinbajo was a happy willing slave because of the huge money involved. Aso Rock is sweet.

Osibanjo never had interest to speak for or defend Christians and Southerners. He is the worst Vice Principal in the history of Nigeria.

After 2023, Fake Pastor Osinbajo will find his long lost voice again to criticize Peter Obi's presidency.

If APC can do all these with muslim/christian ticket, it will be worse with muslim/muslim ticket.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by doggedfighter(f): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
Is he saying that there's no competent Christian?

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
No Christian is competent. Wetin VP dey do self that requires competence.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Vulturereloaded: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
Incompetent Christians abi ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QywVgJEHmfc

The competent northern muslim.

Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Moh247: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2022
Newton2024:
How APC Turned Docile Osibanjo (Yoruba Christian) To Mere Errand Boy In Aso Rock

Aisha Buhari first send him away from Aso Rock chapel and turned it to store. She said Church was noisy.

They later turned him to Aso Rock toilet washer.

They made the mere commissioner deny Christians and Southerners he represents.

He has no say in government. Ordinary Buhari's personal secretary has more say than Osibande.

The cabals gave the errand boy part of the returned Abacha loot to buy votes through trader moni.

Anytime Fulani herdsmen kill christian farmers, cabals would order Osibanjo to go and pay lip service condolences. He often called Fulani herdsmen terrorists extaminating Christians a mere herders-farmers clash.

Part of his job is also to quote phantom figure to malign former president Goodluck Jonathan.

In all these, fake pastor Osinbajo was a happy willing slave because of the huge money involved. Aso Rock is sweet.

Osibanjo never had interest to speak for or defend Christians and Southerners. He is the worst Vice Principal in the history of Nigeria.

After 2023, Fake Pastor Osinbajo will find his long lost voice again to criticize Peter Obi's presidency.

If APC can do all these with muslim/christian ticket, it will be worse with muslim/muslim ticket.

You have a legitimate concern and fears as a Christian

However be rest assured Tinubu isn't an extremist, he is married to a Christian for over 30 years
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Ahmeduana(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
WHAT ARE SAYING IS THAT NO COMPETENT PERSONS IN THE NIGERIA CHRISTIAN CIRCLE?
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Tunechi5(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:

You have a legitimate concern and fears as a Christian

However be rest assured Tinubu isn't an extremist, he is married to a Christian for over 30 years
you that have dubai residency is preaching tinubu to us ,is Dubai president up to 80??
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Karmaisme(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
I'm supporting Peter Obi because of being the best among all the contestants.

Obi 2023.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by JoeNL22(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tunechi5:

https://gazettengr.com/i-rejected-a-christian-running-mate-because-of-competence-tinubu/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
Nonsensical posts

Tinubu has shot himself on the leg.

The Muslim/muslim ticket will be an herculean task to overcome. There is fire on the mountain.

The second thing is he picked from the north east. That choice doesn't make sense. How can you pick from the region where your major opposition is coming from?. Which kind of stupid calculation is that. Is Tinubu's camp now telling us that the NE electorates will pick an inspiring VP(Shettima) over a presidential candidate (Atiku)?. This move is very dumb. Instead of him(Tinubu) to move to the NORTH WEST and pick a candidate, You went to pick a candidate from the same opposition's zone. That move is very very dumb. Now, the NW won't be happy about been marginalised all because buhari has finished is own term. But the SW who just finished has VP is aspiring again to be PRESIDENT. But the NW who has just finished a presidential tenure can't aspire for the VP position but south west can aspire for another position, is that fair?Truly they have deceived Tinubu. Now the NW will want to show Tinubu pepper by voting Atiku or kwankwanso. what Atiku needs to do is right now, is to beg kwankwanso to step down for him. And its finished.

The truth is the youths are not the only ones who want obi, the Christians also want him now, more than ever. Obi's base has been increased because of this Muslim/Muslim ticket.

Truly Tinubu is an influential and powerful politician. And Obi is the winner of the forthcoming elections come February 2023.

#GetYourPVC, get it TODAY!.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Amumaigwe: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by techWriter3: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2022
anyone with no primary or secondary diploma talking about competency, Tufiakwa!!!!
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Racoon(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2022
According to him, the challenges plaguing Nigeria require placing competence in governance above religious sentiments.
And this fool foist a catastrophe on a nation twice despite fully knowing he have no competence? So only Muslims are competent in a religiously charged nation like Nigeria? After all Buhari have wrecked? This is just an insult but it should never be tolerated.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by Racoon(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
The desperation of this man is nauseating.
Re: I Rejected A Christian Running Mate Because Of Competence: Tinubu by grogolin: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
How can Tinubu say that Shettima is the most competent person in the North. There is something wrong with that man's brain I tell you.

(1) (Reply)

If Tinubu/shetimma Is A Bad Ticket, Why Is The Opposition Not Happy? / Peter Obi Responds To The Throwback Comment Of Yusuf Baba Ahmed On LGBTQ. / Baba Ahmed: I Don't Have The Plan Of Feeding The Youths With Agbado And Cassava.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.