Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion (24148 Views)

2023: Kwankwaso Opens Up On Stepping Down For Another Candidate / Election 2023: Kwankwaso Says They Are In Talks With Peter Obi / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Uptownerd: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2022

Lets get something straight here, Kwankwaso is rightfully qualified to vie for the office of the President. His pedigree lends credence to his stats.

Kwankwaso bagged a masters and PhD in engineering from the UK, worked as an Engineer in the civil service and helped solve a lot of Kano State water problems before venturing into politics.

He was elected into the state house of assembly and rose to be the Kano State House of Assembly Speaker. He later went on to become a two (2) term governor of Kano State, a federal minister and senator.

From the foregoing, the question of qualification is out of the way. This article focuses on how Kwankwaso failed to read the political scene in Nigeria and gaffed due to his inert egoistic tendencies.

How else would you explain the fact that Kwankwaso seems to be totally unaware of Peter Obi’s popularity among the Nigerian youths across the country? Also, why would Rabiu Kwakwanso choose to take to making derogatory remarks about a whole section of Nigeria?

He said

Unfortunately, there are many issues in the South-east, and a northern voter is the worst-hit in this issue of maladministration in this country. But even under that circumstance, a northern voter also believes that he is better with one united Nigeria.

“Therefore, most of the things that are happening in the South, especially in the South-east; people are not comfortable with that and as long as you have somebody from there in any party, it will be very difficult for the northern voters to vote, and that’s the situation now.”

If not for the fact that Kwankwaso is immune to the realities of happenings and events in Nigeria, he would have realized that the Presidential villa is not the birthright of NorthWest. More so, especially when the outgoing President, Muhammadu Buhari happens to come from the same zone as himself.

How do you explain the arrogance of a person who is supposed to know better politically, but couldn’t read the room better when it mattered the most? Maybe Kwankwaso and his advisers failed to realise that Nigeria is changing and that it’s exactly people like him who always bear the brunch of it due to fatal mistakes like his current gaffe.

Equity and justice demands that the next president of Nigeria must come from the South. How didn’t Kwankwaso know this and capitalize on Peter Obi’s popularity to set himself up for the next President of Nigeria with Obi’s blessings and support? Greed, selfish interest and feeling of superiority, are probably the leading vices here. He couldn’t hold his disappointment when his bluff was called, and as usual, he went on to Punch Newspaper for more gimmicks –

“Unfortunately, there are many issues in the South-East, and a northern voter is the worst-hit in this issue of maladministration in this country. But even under that circumstance, a northern voter also believes that he is better with one united Nigeria.

“Therefore, most of the things that are happening in the South, especially in the South-East; people are not comfortable with that and as long as you have somebody from there in any party, it will be very difficult for the northern voters to vote, and that’s the situation now.”

Now, Nigerians know that Rabiu Kwankwaso is just another ethnic jingoist. He has missed his easiest path to becoming the president of Nigeria and may never get such opportunity in his political career again.

Kwankwaso should know for a fact though that the rest of Nigeria don’t share in his delusional one sided inequity. He failed to read APC and PDP fear about Peter Obi’s growing massive support base and thought the “TakebackNaija” movement is a Twitter thing. Again, he has read wrong and may have dug his political retirement grave with another missed sling due to his egoistic tendencies.

here

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Odefani: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
Too early to tell

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Moh247: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
cool

Both Peter Obi and Kwankwaso knows 2023 isn't their year, however they are ready to grow their votes and popularity cheaply for 2027 and 2032

Obi is 62, Kwankwaso is 65. In 2027 and 2031 they would be 66, 70 and 69, 73 respectively

Peter Obi and Kwankwaso are billionaires yet are limiting their campaign expenses making their die hard supporters to spend on their behalf while they gain strong loyal organic Supporters and teams

This is the idea Buhari used to secure Northern vote in 12 years before joining forces with Tinubu and SouthWest

71 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by God1000(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwaso is an ethnic bigot

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by VeryWickedMan: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
I support Tinubu because he will make sure Nigerians suffer for another 8 years.

Gscop

148 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Badgers14: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwaso miscalculated his political muscle but the good thing for Peter obi is that since Gandollar is Team BAT, I know Atiku will have some loyalists in Kano and Kwankwaso..so, votes in Kano will be split.

Any remember just 3 years ago , PDP and the northern cabals loyalists to Atiku had to market Obi's candidacy in the north so Obi have a bit of his ground work done for him.

He still needs to go out there and campaign , meet people and not just relying on online fans like me to do the work for him.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by SmartPolician: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
You people should move on - the people in question have moved on.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by ExplorerReturns(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwaso is a core extremist and tribalist worse than buhari. Right from day 1 I never supported Obi/kwankwaso merger because kwankwaso represents everything that peter obi stands against. He would have soiled obi name and chances if he emerged obi vp. But God have a way of doing things. In this case, kwankwaso ego and tribalism was used to push him away from obi.

Worst, kwankwaso might have dropped few days to the election to support tinubu, thereby, rendering obi helpless.
Automate your hotel room booking business and eliminate fraud with this complete hotel management system with ability of guests to make and pay for reservation online. Designed to make life easier for Nigeria hotel owners.

Also comes with an Android app and lots of features. Click the link on my signature for complete details and demo useless.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Mykelslim: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
An average Nigerian is selfish and intoxicated once given power.

While making your choice choose a lesser evil. OBI isn't going to transform Nigeria to UK or Europe in the next few years but it's important someone lays the foundation so others can follow. We have been suffering from the consequences of the foundation lead by Abiola, Buhari (past and present), Abacha and OBJ.

It's time for Nigerians to agree and practice true democracy by saying NO!

Let us start somewhere for the generations to come. Europeans have paid this price for their kids. We should do same. Do not decieved by short-term gains like airtime, data or few thousands to turn a blind eye.

If Africa was as developed as Europe, UK and US will their be racism?.

It's not about color. They hate us because we are very poor, we are leeches.

Make good money tomorrow and see them work and invite you to their parties.

Do what it is right.
Don't forget someone will come from your loins.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by xpressionx(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
IF THERE WAS A REGION NOT QUALIFIED FOR PRESIDENCY BY KWANKWASO'S SCHOOL OF THOUGHT,ITS THE NORTH.
THEY ARE PLAGUED WITH
1. BOKOHARAM
2.ISIS
3.ISWAP.
4.BANDITS
5.KILLER HERDSMEN
6.HISBAH.

YET THE BELIEVE THAT ONLY IPOB DISQUALIFIES THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE IN THE RACE.

THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE WAITING FOR THEM.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by kurupt1: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
M
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
No Problem at all..
We OBIdient Nigerias wishes Kwankwoso well.. We hope and pray that he remains in the race to the end, that way he will reduce PDP & APC influence in the Core North and make our victory more smooth.....

25 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by MrCGPA(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
W
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Ballzproblemm: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I support Tinubu because he will make sure Nigerians suffer for another 8 years.

Gscop
that's why you are wicked human being

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Juanmike(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Both Peter Obi and Kwankwaso knows 2023 isn't their year, however they are ready to grow their votes and popularity cheaply for 2027 and 2032

Peter Obi and Kwankwaso are billionaires yet are limiting their campaign expenses making their die hard supporters to spend on their behalf while they gain strong loyal organic Supporters and teams

This is the idea Buhari used to secure Northern vote in 12 years before joining forces with Tinubu and SouthWest

Speak for yourself

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Built2last: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
By chosing to run a Muslim-Muslim ticket in a country like Nigeria and at a time such as now, the one clear message the APC is sending to the Christian Community in Nigeria is; DO YOUR WORST! YOU DON'T COUNT!

Beyond this insult, the most imb£cilic set of idjiots are the people who, in a bid to protect their own intestinal interest, argue that a Muslim-Muslim ticket in a highly volatile multi-religious Nigeria, , doesn't matter as long as they are competent (As if there are no competent Christians in the North). If it doesn't matter, why did some people give that as a condition for supporting Tinubu who himself is a Muslim? This is the fuulish justification we were given when Buhari was filling all sensitive positions with only people from a particular region and religion. Today, how far?

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Juanmike(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Speak for yourself, besides Kano, which other states does Kwankwaso has supporter?
Even his kwankwasiyya movement are filled with Amajiris that are gullible.

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Moh247: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2022
Juanmike:
Speak for yourself

Did I speak for you before

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Basicend: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
I haven't read the epistle due to my time.

BUT, I don't really care what is in there right now.

I am a Yoruba man, and I say that I will surely be voting for Peter Obi in the 2023.

This will be the first and perhaps only time I will be doing so as a Nigerian.

Check the combination of him and his VP (Datti Ahmed). You can see true and raw motive for repair, reconstruction, probity, equity, industrialization, accountability etc.

Tinubu has already shown us that he has a brain problem. His Muslim-Muslim ticket is dead on arrival.

We (Christians) are waiting for him here in the south and Atiku is waiting for him in the north.

The old guards and slave masters will be shocked big time, this time around.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Emilokoiyawon: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
cheesy ipigs truly believe 3rd class philosophy graduate pandora thief obi is more qualified than PhD engineer Kwankwaso cheesy

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by nazicartel(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
E no concern me. I don't even know why we are all shouting about some issues. Even if Tinubu picked a Christian from my In-law's family from Kaduna. I won't still vote for him.
My family is voting for Peter and it's my personal affair. Every other person should be allowed to vote their conscience. Kwankwaso will also get people that will vote for him. Even if he doesn't team with Peter.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Dpharisee: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwaso exposed himself as an ethnic chauvinist worse than Buhari, he is a divisive personality who thinks that his popularity in Kano equals the whole Federation

17 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Adliperd: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Atikulate 2023
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by kenzysmith: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwaso will never smell presidency till he dies he miss a golden chance. He will be remembered for d row he played in 2023 election. Ambitiouless fellow

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by jrusky(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Uptownerd:

here

You wrote rubbish so shut up and go to hell. No Nigerians want obi except his fellow ipigs morons.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
The reason why the LP-NNPP alliance never happened was that LP arrogantly assumed that Kwankwaso would be Obi's VP, and did not budge. Even now, they are still cussing out Kwankwaso (see the article above) for not agreeing to step down for PO.

That is how you make unnecessary enemies. And if LP is not careful, it could come back to bite them in the a double s.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Prudoh(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
sad
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by LibertyRep: 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2022
I thought people have moved on from what Kwakwanso did or did not do.

A couple of weeks back, same Kwakwanso was a beautiful damsel being courted and showered with praises. Now he's being regarded a greedy, selfish villain because he has decided to pad his own canoe all by himself.

Can we just stop vilifying a man for his choice, the consequences of which he will bear alone?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by costandi(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool

I can't tell for Kwankwaso. But I don't think Peter is doing poorly in financing his election as at now. Campaigns are not in full force yet and funding manned campaigns are albeit not allowed yet. I think his media rounds are doing the most for him now.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Honourable1901(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Yankee101: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
Obi not bagging kano is another setback for him too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspect Reveals Why He Made Plans To Attack Dogara / Rivers Government Officially Recognises Martin Amaehwule As Assembly Speaker / Post-Conviction Bail: Will Luck Smile On Kalu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.