Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion (24171 Views)

2023: Kwankwaso Opens Up On Stepping Down For Another Candidate / Election 2023: Kwankwaso Says They Are In Talks With Peter Obi / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Iyasaburi: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Both Peter Obi and Kwankwaso knows 2023 isn't their year, however they are ready to grow their votes and popularity cheaply for 2027 and 2032

Obi is 62, Kwankwaso is 65. In 2027 and 2031 they would be 66, 70 and 69, 73 respectively

Peter Obi and Kwankwaso are billionaires yet are limiting their campaign expenses making their die hard supporters to spend on their behalf while they gain strong loyal organic Supporters and teams

This is the idea Buhari used to secure Northern vote in 12 years before joining forces with Tinubu and SouthWest

When the people are tired change must happen. That was what happened in 2015 and it is about to happen again. It is not the party thing, it is the people and this is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by onuman: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
Kwankwaso is a core extremist and tribalist worse than buhari. Right from day 1 I never supported Obi/kwankwaso merger because kwankwaso represents everything that peter obi stands against. He would have soiled obi name and chances if he emerged obi vp. But God have a way of doing things. In this case, kwankwaso ego and tribalism was used to push him away from obi.

Worst, kwankwaso might have dropped few days to the election to support tinubu, thereby, rendering obi useless

Kwankwaso will support Atiku at the last minute.

Kwankwaso does not believe in a non believer president for Nigeria.
Yoruba Muslims are regarded as false Muslims by the Islamist Kwankwasos of the north.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Moh247: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2022
Iyasaburi:

When the people are tired change must happen. That way what happened in 2015 and it is about to happen again. It is not the party thing, it is the people and the is the truth.

2015 Government change was influenced by powerful men behind the scenes..

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by onuman: 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:

Those so-called powerful men brought the present disaster in Nigeria.
How are they powerful? Power without foresight.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Olurondo: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
You are a joker if you ever think in your life that Kwakwanso will agree to be Peter Obi's running mate.Peter Obi needs Kwakwanso and not the other way round. Kwakwanso is very popular and will pull the northerners votes!If you can't win the north,you cannot win the presidential election!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by edosignature(m): 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Labour Party will come a distance 4th while NNPP will come 3rd.

PDP & APC will come first & second in no particular other.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Iyasaburi: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwanso refusal of Obi's hand reveals the fact that he has a secret allegiance.
He is not a serious contender, otherwise he would have gladly accepted Obi's invitation.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Moh247: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
onuman:

Those so-called powerful men brought the present disaster in Nigeria.
How are they powerful? Power without foresight.

Do you know how much IMF and World bank have made in loan interest from Buhari this past 7years?

Even devaluation of Naira, do you know how happy this made world bank

They are enjoying what you termed disaster

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Shrimpss: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
You people should move on - the people in question have moved on.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Lightorder: 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Both Peter Obi and Kwankwaso knows 2023 isn't their year, however they are ready to grow their votes and popularity cheaply for 2027 and 2032

Obi is 62, Kwankwaso is 65. In 2027 and 2031 they would be 66, 70 and 69, 73 respectively

Peter Obi and Kwankwaso are billionaires yet are limiting their campaign expenses making their die hard supporters to spend on their behalf while they gain strong loyal organic Supporters and teams

This is the idea Buhari used to secure Northern vote in 12 years before joining forces with Tinubu and SouthWest

how is kwankwaso a billionaire?
Moh247 , you have started again with your UPSIDEDOWN / OFF ROAD comments again. If I reply you the way I feeel again now, you will start shouting, “Seun , Rule 2” Be very careful.I have made up my mind to go hard on fellows like you , whose shortsightedness plunge Nigeria into what it is today in 2015. Be very careful, I have lost a lot of good Nigerians to this disaster your pay master Tinubu sponsored and foisted on Nigerians. Let him go retire to his village and let us be.
I am pained, be careful
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
God1000:
Kwankwaso is an ethnic bigot

Every time water water in Kano..

Na water we go drink alone..

What is this water all ab self..

There is pure water everywhere

Mtchww

Imagine Kwankwaso and water
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Iyasaburi: 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:

We have a growing democracy and the thing is, those powers will soon learn that power is lof the people. What politicians us. is lies called propaganda but it will not work again,because you cannot fool all the people all the time

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by angelfallz(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
IMO Kwankwaso didn't misread Peter Obi's popularity across Nigeria. He realised that Peter Obi is only popular among a segment of Nigerians. And that segment of Nigerians is not enough to win an election.
Even the said popularity is highly debate able.

IMO Peter Obi made the mistake of leaving PDP. Kwankwaso made the mistake of leaving PDP too.

Uptownerd:

here

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Moh247: 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Lightorder:
how is kwankwaso a billionaire?

His hotel that I know of in Abuja is valued well over a billion naira

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by NakedTruth4eva: 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Subsidywise20:
The reason why the LP-NNPP alliance never happened was that LP arrogantly assumed that Kwankwaso would be Obi's VP, and did not budge. Even now, they are still cussing out Kwankwaso (see the article above) for not agreeing to step down for PO.

That is how you make unnecessary enemies. And if LP is not careful, it could come back to bite them in the a double s.
It is unjust for someone from the Northwest to succeed Buhari who also is from the Northwest. Kwankwaso has every right to contest but for the sake of equity and fairness, he should have considered the Labour Party's position. Nigeria is a diverse country.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Emeka71(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I support Tinubu because he will make sure Nigerians suffer for another 8 years.

Gscop
We are Atikulated this time around.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
tbarrister:

As a die hard kwankwaso supporter, I was first like he should go for the VP slot since its the turn of the south to be president. Even kwankwaso might have had such plan as the nnpp gameplan Was To get more popularity ahead of the 2027 election.

But seeing peter obi supporters and their rude approach to the whole thing on twitter. Some were already claiming nnpp that it was founded by an Igbo.

This made us change our disposition. Even kwankwaso spoke about what he read online during his last interview. Peter obi needs to work on his rude supporters

Can you swear that APC supporters are not worse than rude? Your hypocrisy really stinks who can be more rude than APC supporters?
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Sanchez01: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2022
This piece is light, shallow and surprisingly projecting what anyone with good memory of Nigerian events ought to know about Kwankwaso.

When there was an ethnic clash in Ile Ife years back as a result of Hausa folks attacking a supposed pregnant Yoruba woman around Sabo (in Ife). Yorubas around tried to retaliate but got a few of them got killed by the Hausa folks. It angered others that they stormed Sabo and burnt some Hausa wares and the Hausa guys were arrested.

But guess who flew all the way from Kano to Osun State to demand the release of the Hausa guys even after killing taking lives? Guess who demanded the arrest of the Yoruba folks who retaliated by burning goods of the Hausa folks who killed their kinsmen?

Guess who did the same when fight broke out in Mile 12 markets some years ago as well.

I'd rather Peter Obi losses with dignity than peer up with Kwankwaso. He has always been a bigot and has never hidden it.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Mrexcell(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
Kwankwaso have always been a fulani supremacist like buhari I don't know why obi don't this and went to pally with the bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by angelfallz(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
Had it been it was not the LP, but PDP, Kwankwaso would have stepped down. Kwankwaso just like many observant people knows that the LP is not strong at all. So, in Kwankwaso's mind he sees it as, Peter Obi needing him more than he needs Peter Obi.
Kwankwaso is not a fool. He knows that he can't win an election with his party. Had it been Peter Obi emerged as the PDP candidate either Kwankwaso or Atiku would have been his VP.
My opinion by the way.
NakedTruth4eva:

It is unjust for someone from the Northwest to succeed Buhari who also is from the Northwest. Kwankwaso has every right to contest but for the sake of equity and fairness, he should have considered the Labour Party's position. Nigeria is a diverse country.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by angelfallz(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
Lol weren't you guys atikulated in 2019?
Emeka71:
We are Atikulated this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by forerunner022(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
The writer nailed it. Good piece. Greed, selfish interest and superior feelings made Kwankwaso to miss this golden opportunity of a people's merger that would have salvaged Nigeria from the doldrums of anti people rule and leadership that has been the bane of previous administration.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by wilroy: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2022
In summary, he is a fool
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by angelfallz(m): 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2022
It would be better for Atiku to reach out to Kwankwanso
Badgers14:
Kwankwaso miscalculated his political muscle but the good thing for Peter obi is that since Gandollar is Team BAT, I know Atiku will have some loyalists in Kano and Kwankwaso..votes in Kano will be split.

Any remember just 3 years ago , PDP and the northern canals loyalists to Atiku had to market Obi's candidacy in the north so Obi have a bit of his ground work done for him.

He still needs to go out there and campaign , meet people and not just relying on online fans like me to do the work for him.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Lightorder: 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
Moh247:

His hotel that I know of in Abuja is valued well over a billion naira
how is he a billionaire? Who was he before he became what politically in Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by angelfallz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
Is there any specific thing that Peter Obi said he would do that made you decide to vote for him?
nazicartel:
E no concern me. I don't even know why we are all shouting about some issues. Even if Tinubu picked a Christian from my In-law's family from Kaduna. I won't still vote for him.
My family is voting for Peter and it's my personal affair. Every other person should be allowed to vote their conscience. Kwankwaso will also get people that will vote for him. Even if he doesn't team with Peter.
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by PointZerom: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
OBIdiently vote for me, you won't regret it at all.

Emilokoiyawon:
cheesy ipigs truly believe 3rd class philosophy graduate pandora thief obi is more qualified than PhD engineer Kwankwaso cheesy

angelfallz:
IMO Kwankwaso didn't misread Peter Obi's popularity across Nigeria. He realised that Peter Obi is only popular among a segment of Nigerians. And that segment of Nigerians is not enough to win an election.
Even the said popularity is highly debate able.

IMO Peter Obi made the mistake of leaving PDP. Kwankwaso made the mistake of leaving PDP too.

edosignature:
Labour Party will come a distance 4th while NNPP will come 3rd.

PDP & APC will come first & second in no particular other.

post=114630686:

Words of a wise man.
It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable and sensible members like you on this forum.
God bless your parents for giving us a King like you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
Kwankwaso is a core extremist and tribalist worse than buhari. Right from day 1 I never supported Obi/kwankwaso merger because kwankwaso represents everything that peter obi stands against. He would have soiled obi name and chances if he emerged obi vp. But God have a way of doing things. In this case, kwankwaso ego and tribalism was used to push him away from obi.

Worst, kwankwaso might have dropped few days to the election to support tinubu, thereby, rendering obi useless

U are right..

But Atiku is better than tinibu thou
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by Moh247: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
Lightorder:
how is he a billionaire? Who was he before he became what politically in Nigeria?

Any Nigerian Governor that collected monthly security votes, estacode/ travel allowance and office running cost for 8 years is simply a billionaire

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by omolola100(f): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I support Tinubu because he will make sure Nigerians suffer for another 8 years.

Gscop
This man....
Re: Peter Obi 2023: Kwankwaso And A Missed Road To Presidency – Opinion by dannyville2(m): 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
Yankee101:
Obi not bagging kano is another setback for him too

Which will be compensated by other states. Besides he'll still get some significant votes in kano, then Atiku , kwankwaso and Tinubu will have the large numbers . Obi will recover the lost votes in other states

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labour Party Rejects Odigbo, Cautions Pat Utomi On Appointments / Peace Corps Members Protest In Benue, Urge Buhari To Give Assent To Peace Corps / Reuben Abati's New Year Message Is One In A Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.