Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? (1127 Views)

How Relevant Is Honeymoon After Weddings In This Age And Time? / Memes For 10 Different Types Of Weddings In Nigeria / Court Marriage: Women Should Insist On Court Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by YourBestWriter: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
So, I was thinking about my future wedding lately.

You know, the traditional weddings, and how it's being run in Nigeria today. My mind considered the mammoth protocol to be observed especially on behalf of the entire village people; the omenala and all the other marital rites to be fulfilled.

So I concluded that I won't go through the traditional marriage process like most Nigerians love to do.

Also, to be sincere, I'm not a fan of decency when I'm in a relationship. I don't intend on tying down any woman with all the ye shall cleave to your wife/husband bla bla bla.

So, I'm also not going to entertain church wedding. (By the way, I'm not Catholic).

And then I arrived at the last option...

...the Court wedding.

I've always valued my freedom. And most of the time, I dream about signing a contract with my future wife (Infront of a lawyer of course). And then we are going to decide on living separately and only visit each other when we both agree on doing that. She'll give birth to two kids (anything more than two is a burden), and we won't care if they are both girls. Of course after intense DNA test.

Then finally, she can choose to sleep with another man, and I can sleep with another woman, as long as we obey all the terms written in the contract.

But in all of these, I don't really understand how Court weddings work in Nigeria. I see it's not as rampart here as it is in the western world.

Can we shed more light on this?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Oesophagus99(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
It's the cheapest worldwide

It's the most recognized marriage in every fuckn kontry

It's the best remedy for inter ethnic tribal dissertations

U don't need the parents permission unless the spouse is 15 to 17 yrs old and a single relative would be enough

You can't divorce her and she also can't leave you either:

unless you go back to court to be issued a decree nisisi for 3month and decree absolute there after..

I f any of u plays an away math sex or practice polygamy the court shall charge the culprit for an offense of bigamy
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Bluezy13(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2022
Hmmm...
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by threegees(f): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Oesophagus99:
It's the cheapest worldwide

It's the most recognized marriage in every fuckn kontry

It's the best remedy for inter ethnic tribal dissertations

U don't need the parents permission unless the spouse is 15 to 17 yrs old and a single relative would be enough

You can't divorce her and she also can't leave you either:

unless you go back to court to be issued a decree nisisi for 3month and decree absolute there after..

I f any of u plays an away math sex or practice polygamy the court shall charge the culprit for an offense of bigamy

Could you please enlighten me more about the bolded.
I am about leaving my marriage with the kids. Do I need to go back to the registry and for what exactly? I am no longer interested in the marriage.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Oesophagus99(m): 2:17am On Jul 12, 2022
threegees:

..to the registery?
yes o...
It's a bit of a long process shaa..

Dem will counsell both of u several weeks postponement follow am o if resolution failes...

Then 3month decree nisisi wil b issued which is like yellow card to but of u(each of u can Bleep other partners, stay late nights do sleep
overs and do ur stuffs independently wit no obligations to each others ) but you just can't get married to new partners until 3months expire without u both jealousy reconciliating with each others

before then Nisisi absolute would be served and enabling you to marry other new spouse

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by threegees(f): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2022
Oesophagus99:
yes o...
It's a bit of a long process shaa..

Dem will counsell both of u several weeks postponement follow am o if resolution failes...

Then 3month decree nisisi wil b issued which is like yellow card to but of u(each of u can Bleep other partners, stay late nights do sleep
overs and do ur stuffs independently wit no obligations to each others ) but you just can't get married to new partners until 3months expire without u both jealousy reconciliating with each others

before then Nisisi absolute would be served and enabling you to marry other new spouse

I'm not ready for all these long process jare. I'll just move out like that.
Thanks
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Oesophagus99(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2022
threegees:

I'm not ready for all these long process jare. I'll just move out like that.
Thanks
if you try it; you'd be sorry for yourself....

Talk it over with your man and tell him you don't wanna bring forth to him a pregnancy that isn't his own
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Ogbotobo77(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
YourBestWriter:
So, I was thinking about my future wedding lately.

You know, the traditional weddings, and how it's being run in Nigeria today. My mind considered the mammoth protocol to be observed especially on behalf of the entire village people; the omenala and all the other marital rites to be fulfilled.

So I concluded that I won't go through the traditional marriage process like most Nigerians love to do.

Also, to be sincere, I'm not a fan of decency when I'm in a relationship. I don't intend on tying down any woman with all the ye shall cleave to your wife/husband bla bla bla.

So, I'm also not going to entertain church wedding. (By the way, I'm not Catholic).

And then I arrived at the last option...

...the Court wedding.

I've always valued my freedom. And most of the time, I dream about signing a contract with my future wife (Infront of a lawyer of course). And then we are going to decide on living separately and only visit each other when we both agree on doing that. She'll give birth to two kids (anything more than two is a burden), and we won't care if they are both girls. Of course after intense DNA test.

Then finally, she can choose to sleep with another man, and I can sleep with another woman, as long as we obey all the terms written in the contract.

But in all of these, I don't really understand how Court weddings work in Nigeria. I see it's not as rampart here as it is in the western world.

Can we shed more light on this?
Where do you factor the wellbeing of your children in ur hedonistic act?..mom and dad going thru their sexcapades... selfish
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by YourBestWriter: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ogbotobo77:

Where do you factor the wellbeing of your children in ur hedonistic act?..mom and dad going thru their sexcapades... selfish

It's all in the mind bro. As long as there's money, you can give a child comfort, and identify him/her with the mother and father and sibling. Kids are humans, and they have feelings. But with the appropriate communication and psychological discipline, they will stand firm. And besides, the two parental party can decide for themselves whether to say no to any outside intercourse or not. The goal is to be absolutely free and not to pursue pleasure. Besides we are adults. We take responsibility for our actions.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
O
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2023
Just look at the mentality of a man that wants to get married and bcom a father in the future. My wife is free to sleep with another man while i'm free to sleep with other women. May God 4bid this type of man 4 my future daughter(s).
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by Rucheen(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2023
Oh, you cannot divorce in peace,?

Decree nisisi
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by lordnkem000(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2023
The things i hear on this Nairaland has made me fear marriage o, it's feels like hell to me.
Women has really demonize everything about marriage and made it everything God never wanted. Omo it will take special grace of God for me to consider marriage o, naija girls go just give me their ex pikin codedly
Re: What's Your Take On Court Weddings In Nigeria? by YourBestWriter: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Just look at the mentality of a man that wants to get married and bcom a father in the future. My wife is free to sleep with another man while i'm free to sleep with other women. May God 4bid this type of man 4 my future daughter(s).

It's all in the mind bro. As long as there's money, you can give a child comfort, and identify him/her with the mother and father and sibling. Kids are humans, and they have feelings. But with the appropriate communication and psychological discipline, they will stand firm. And besides, the two parental party can decide for themselves whether to say no to any outside intercourse or not. The goal is to be absolutely free and not to pursue pleasure. Besides we are adults. We take responsibility for our actions.

Anyways, I am now dating an Asian lady. It was my experience with naija girls that made me think like this. But come to read it again, it is peaceful.

(1) (Reply)

A Neighbour Just Saved My Life / 7 Mistakes That Instantly Kill Relationships / Leaked Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.