Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign (43304 Views)

Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale / 2023: Nigerians Must Challenge Leaders Over Public Fund, Peter Obi Fumes / Jonathan's Government Offered Us 100 Billion, Buhari Should Honor It - Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by vastone(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2022
IbileIfe:

From #BringBackOurGirls abandoned political campaign to rushing in front to play out a scripted pose for the #EndSARS protests and now desperate to steal the show to launch a N100 Billion GoFundMe campaign for Peter Obi. And she knows that majority of Nigerian youths on the internet are ruled by gullibility and herd mentality to fall for all her pseudo activism of political opportunism.

Well said bro.Well said.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by 467akinlabi: 8:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Reactions!Reactions!...
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by LAFOCUZY: 8:38am On Jul 12, 2022
pacespot:
I actually thought I was the only one that saw this. Do politicians actually spend up to 100s of billions to run election campaigns in Nigeria ? If you say 5 billions, i understand, but which one be 100 billions Even that 5 billions is doubtful. If political offices actually cost this much, then I won't blame the politicians for embezzling money when they get to the office.

But let's look at it from another angle, N100 billions is just about $150 million in the current exchange rate in black market.

You are right. That's is why the steal. It's really an investment.
Again, you may be underestimating the amount of money politicians invest but it's worth the investment when they win. I give you some number view...

It's believed the politicians paid delegates about $25k to $50k per delegate. Assuming that is true, he will need about $7.5million to pay just 150 delegates at $50k/delegate. If you multiply that by N620/$. That gives you a number picture. So you see the 5billion is already expended at the earliest stage but they paid more than 150 delegates. APC had more than 2000 delegates.

Electronic Billboard advertising ost an average of N75k per day. Calculate for 200 days across states, cities etc.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by vastone(m): 8:40am On Jul 12, 2022
And if Rita Obi loses, do we get a Refund for the loss?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 12, 2022
The one you supported said his tired. So, what about that?

helinues:

It's unfortunate I don't support loosing team.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Tareq1105: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Obi will collect the money for the campaign and use it to invest in another business than waste it on election that he his not certain of winning.

grin cheesy

Beginning of 'fantastic' corruption and stories that touch.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Cigarini: 8:51am On Jul 12, 2022
Nice one Aunty Aisha, I had waited patiently for this moment. We in the abroad can wait for Peter Obi. My £2k for Peter Obi
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Basher8583: 8:55am On Jul 12, 2022
PoliteActivist:

It's us that will do it, not PO. Just that his personality is more suited to the task. If we manage to reject APC and PDP it'll be akin to a revolution and our generation will go down in history. Even USA hasn't been able to do it - you wouldn't know there are hundreds of parties in US, you'd think there are only two!

Oh please stop all these nonsense talk. You think because you tested mic with endsars you can repeat it again.

Politics does not work that way.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Cigarini: 8:57am On Jul 12, 2022
Even Donald Trump asked for financial support. Even Tinubu will ask for support. Nobody is forcing anybody to give toward this project. If you don't have monet to give its fine. But discouraging others to give towards the save Nigeria project is evil.
Remember, this is not about Peter Obi, but about our beloved country Nigeria. Your #500 will go a long way. Invest in your future. My £2k for Peter Obi. Congratulations our Incoming PRESIDENT.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by pacespot(m): 9:07am On Jul 12, 2022
LAFOCUZY:

Again, you may be underestimating the amount of money politicians invest but it's worth the investment when they win. I give you some number view...

It's believed the politicians paid delegates about $25k to $50k per delegate. Assuming that is true, he will need about $7.5million to pay just 150 delegates at $50k/delegate. If you multiply that by N620/$. That gives you a number picture. So you see the 5billion is already expended at the earliest stage but they paid more than 150 delegates. APC had more than 2000 delegates.

Electronic Billboard advertising ost an average of N75k per day. Calculate for 200 days across states, cities etc.

That delegate story I don't think it is true. They might be paying delegates a lump sum, but I can assure you it is not more than $5k at most. There was a time that PDP delegates used to collect N20k- N50k and it is a big money then, that was when PDP was in power, i know this one to be true. So how can the delegates be getting $50k or $25k per head now? That is not possible except the presidential candidate has the intention of emptying the Treasury once he gets to the office.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by pacespot(m): 9:09am On Jul 12, 2022
LAFOCUZY:

That delegate story I don't think it is true. They might be paying delegates a lump sum, but I can assure you it is not more than $5k at most. There was a time that PDP delegates used to collect N20k- N50k and it is a big money then, that was when PDP was in power, i know this one to be true. So how can the delegates be getting $50k or $25k per head now? That is not possible except the presidential candidate has the intention of emptying the Treasury once he gets to the office.

Someone said Tinubu spent N4 trillions in the primary, where can he get the money from? Nigerians just like to exaggerated things. The same Nigerians that said an apartment in Eko Atlantic is worth N5 billions grin
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Advancedman(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2022
georjay:
https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1546483984200355840?t=Ypc2yrFBoalmmf4JACVUiQ&s=19

Na wetin these ones are after bi dat.
Later you go dey hear unaccountability.
When not raise such fund for investment?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by pacespot(m): 9:12am On Jul 12, 2022
LAFOCUZY:

Someone said Tinubu spent N4 trillions in the primary, where can he get the money from when our yearly national budget is just about N14trn? Nigerians just like to exaggerated things. The same Nigerians that said an apartment in Eko Atlantic is worth N5 billions grin
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by pacespot(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2022
LAFOCUZY:

Someone said Tinubu spent N4 trillions in the primary, where can he get the money from when our yearly national budget is just about N14trn? Nigerians just like to exaggerate things. The same Nigerians that said an apartment in Eko Atlantic is worth N5 billions grin
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Tennyjot(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2022
Why 100 Billion naira for campaign? Is this not a wastage? Can't individual campaign team in each state of the federation sponsor in their respective state? If 100Billion is projected towards election campaigning, hom much would they spend during election day? I doubt if this governent is coming to fight corruption! Let me stop here
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Tareq1105: 9:27am On Jul 12, 2022
FamTomx2:

Did you notice that Nigerians are not talking or marketing your scammer Atihiefku nor okowa?? No one hears about that dullard VP also.
Rather you paid hordes are sweating to do so here.

PDP is a dead party filled with shenanigans..

Peter Obi is the man of the moment, it's never late dude, join the progressive and the Obidient group in your area today to make Nigeria a better place for you and your family.

I'm a good student of history and I've been voting since 1991. Your Obi is an Igbo agenda which cannot bring unity to Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by truthfinder319: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by truthfinder319: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Twitter bragado. Delusional activist.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by ollhans45: 9:55am On Jul 12, 2022
My name is Emmanuel ani, I remain a member of a unified Nigerian. I intend to enrol for my master's degree in September but I will be postponing it. In the forthcoming election I want to pledge my registration and school fees to PETER OBI MOVEMENT. The future of Nigeria as a country is more important because I can't wait to come back home to serve and uphold it unity, so help me God
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by oldninja(m): 10:03am On Jul 12, 2022
I will gladly donate
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by kelly72: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2022
I have already donated N20,000 to Peter Obi support Network. The balance of N80,000 is sitting somewhere and will give them once campaigns start.

Please donate generously to this effort let us take our country back for the youths and our children
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by ZeroChil: 10:25am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Obi will collect the money for the campaign and use it to invest in another business than waste it on election that he his not certain of winning.

grin cheesy
f00lani f00l
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by AldrichAmes: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2022
These people just exposed their agenda.

ENDSARS is just basically BLM with a Nigerian face.

Obi isn’t competent enough and he’s a globalist slave picked by Iweala for George Soros.

I don’t like Tinubu but he’s a better candidate than Obi.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by quslit(f): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2022
Food don land.
A big scam loading.... We will soon start to hear how the money was embezzled. Nigerians are that predictable.
This has nothing to do with Peter Obi, but with those interested in that money bag.
They have been campaigning for Peter Obi that he is frugal, but suddenly dem wan raise 100 billion naira. Why? To further support his frugality.
Dense human beings too would contribute. Gathering money from the poor and middleclass alike to sponsor the greed of scammers.

Scam loading...Aisha Yesufu I sight you. Go girl!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by FamTomx2(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Tareq1105:

I'm a good student of history and I've been voting since 1991. Your Obi is an Igbo agenda which cannot bring unity to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Hahahaha, continue wailing....we the Obidient disciples will soon infiltrated your father's house.

Continue in self delusion, soon your families members will leave you behind..

Meanwhile this is your incoming president grin

Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by KIDfurniture(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2022
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by PoliteActivist: 11:11am On Jul 12, 2022
Mccullum:

Give 40 or 45 year old person, then I will support that youth agenda. Not P.O

It's not really about him, plus he's the youngest choice we have, plus his demonstrated characteristics are more suited to the agenda - he is frugal with public resources, he is non-materaialistic, he's squeaky clean (never mind the hyped nonsense), plus LP itself is about the masses, comrades!
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by deeva2: 11:14am On Jul 12, 2022
Las Las, Aisha and Peter don hammer..I think Dem say Obi na billionaire..100billion..Una won print election materials ni
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by PoliteActivist: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Mccullum:

Give 40 or 45 year old person, then I will support that youth agenda. Not P.O

We don't have choice of a 45 year old. PO is by far our best choice. And it's not really about him, nor is it all about age. PO's demonstrated characteristics are well suited to the agenda - he is frugal with public resources, plus he is non-materaialistic, plus LP itself is about the masses, the comrades, and he is queaky clean (never mind the hyped nonsense)
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by deeva2: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Cigarini:
Even Donald Trump asked for financial support. Even Tinubu will ask for support. Nobody is forcing anybody to give toward this project. If you don't have monet to give its fine. But discouraging others to give towards the save Nigeria project is evil.
Remember, this is not about Peter Obi, but about our beloved country Nigeria. Your #500 will go a long way. Invest in your future. My £2k for Peter Obi. Congratulations our Incoming PRESIDENT.

Obi shud also come out openly to ask for financial support..
Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by PoliteActivist: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2022
Basher8583:

Oh please stop all these nonsense talk. You think because you tested mic with endsars you can repeat it again.

Politics does not work that way.

Paradigms shift at a certain point and I believe Nigeria is nearing that point. See below, nothing like that had ever happened before in their country either

Re: Aisha Yesufu Proposes Raising ₦100 Billion To Fund Peter Obi's Campaign by Equalibrium(m): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Does she even have huh hairtuism upto 500,000 in her account?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics / Hadiza Shagari Dies Of COVID-19 Complications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.