Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. (4445 Views)

Nigeria’s Richest Household By Zone / NIGERIA POLITICS: Religious Diversity Map By States - Amb. Ngama Friday Markus / A Wrong Misleading Map by Itshekiris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by LegendHero(m): 3:08am On Jul 12, 2022
OfoIgbo:

19 Christian governors
21 Christian deputy governors

This is in spite of the fact that northern military coupists gave the NW 7 states and gave the SE just 5 states.

Truly there are more Christians in Nigeria.

Currently in the SW, you have 5 of the six governors as Christian which was why you have those numbers you see up there currently..

In 2011, 4 out of the six SW governors are Muslims. Even Mimiko back then could be said to be Muslim judging from his background coz his name is also Rahman. If you take that into consideration, you had 5 of the six SW states governors as Muslims back then.

@your last statement, I still believe Muslims are more in Nigeria but with a very small majority. Maybe 53/47 or 55/45. But Muslims have slight majority because if you look at the population of some of those low populated Northern states and you compare it to low population states in the South, the North usually have more numbers in comparison.

That’s my personal opinion tho, since there is no factual data with integrity to prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Yankee101: 3:18am On Jul 12, 2022
You're obviously propagating elrufai's view
The proportions are wrong
Kaduna is 50% christians
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by kindlyheart: 4:51am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:

Imagine so no Muslim as governor or deputy in both SS and SE.

Only those of them with no shame will continue campaigning against Muslim Muslim ticket after this post

mental slavery... have asked yourself how your generation joined Islam?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by RealTalkNoBull: 5:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Nigerian Christians are very intolerant. Ibos are the most intolerant group in Nigeria.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by RealTalkNoBull: 5:10am On Jul 12, 2022
ljoh:
Christians have more governors than Muslims, this proves that Muslims are minority in Nigeria
Or that maybe your Muslims are more tolerant and less bigoted/biased?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by fk001(m): 5:14am On Jul 12, 2022
ljoh:
Christians have more governors than Muslims, this proves that Muslims are minority in Nigeria

Then show the Muslims that they are minorities and stop wailing about Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Codepain: 5:20am On Jul 12, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Wise by a quarter.... It is population that determine the equation. A state with 50:50, 40:60, 45:55 will likely do christian-muslim or muslim-christian.
In the Nigeria space of today, muslim-christian population is a very close call. So, muslim-muslim , christian-christian is a NO NO.

Sane Nigerians have already rejected the wicked old greedy man's idea.
Forget that it all boils down to intolerance.
Osun has more Muslims than Christians. Yet voted Christian/Christian ticket
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Antivirus92(m): 5:29am On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

40million Igbos are not in SE. Your population at home is about same with total muslim population (Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri) in Iboland.

Muslim population in Iboland is so much that they even have their own cemetaries.

The ratio of christian to muslim in Iboland is about 3:1. Interestingly this means for every 3million Ibo headcount there are 1million muslim population, living on the land in SE region.

You cannot count Ibo living in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Zaria, Maiduguri to inflate your population at home.
kai.....
all these blatant and clear lies just to justify the unjustifiable!
imagine the ratio of 3:1 of Christians to Muslims in South East, does south east sound like north east to you?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Naajjii: 5:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
trash

Indeginous Muslims don't make up to 3% in almost all SS/SE states

Take the national christian indices with this numbers you see that Christian's are a major group that can't be sidelined

Every state you see christian as gov/deputy in that list is because they have a significant population of not less than 30% to negotiate block vote.

Power wasn't given them on platter
So the few Muslims that are not human. So you think marginalization them is okay? But you are crying when Tinubu picked a Muslim from the north who have a stronger block vote than a Christian?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by ArewaNorth: 6:36am On Jul 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
trash

Indeginous Muslims don't make up to 3% in almost all SS/SE states

Take the national christian indices with this numbers you see that Christian's are a major group that can't be sidelined

Every state you see christian as gov/deputy in that list is because they have a significant population of not less than 30% to negotiate block vote.

Power wasn't given them on platter
Do you mean Christians are up to 30% in Kwara and Gombe?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by patroit001(m): 6:46am On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:
SE

Do you remember to put into consideration the ratio of Muslim to christian iN those states as against what is obtainable in Nigeria?
kiss

Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Niorte: 6:55am On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:
If your zone is a blanket Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim, shut up! You have not respected diversity locally where it matters most, and have no earned authority to demand for it at where it matters less at national level.
Shut up!!!

I repeat shut up!!!

In case you didn't read it well I say shut ya mouth.

Those states where there are Christian-christian or muslim-muslim why did you not provide the statistics of the number of christians to the number of Muslim.

Your politics is without fairness, equity and conscience.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Truthisunique2: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Yes

It's even foolish to be asking this especially Kwara which is almost extension of Yoruba state
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Truthisunique2: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Yes

It's even foolish to be asking this especially Kwara which is almost extension of Yoruba state

Atiku 2023, say no to pastor husband muslim
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Truthisunique2: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2022
Naajjii:

So the few Muslims that are not human. So you think marginalization them is okay? But you are crying when Tinubu picked a Muslim from the north who have a stronger block vote than a Christian?
if you are a minority of minority in a place you are already protected by the constitution to live where you want and practice your faith

Does it mean Hausas in the SS/SE should be given allocated elective slots because they are the major Muslims in these regions?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Truthisunique2: 7:35am On Jul 12, 2022
Naajjii:

if you are a minority of minority in a place you are already protected by the constitution to live where you want and practice your faith

Does it mean Hausas in the SS/SE should be given allocated elective slots because they are the major Muslims in these regions?

Aggregately all these christians that have major stake in their region should have also in the country

You don't look at NW alone and conclude Christian are minority, just like you don't look SS/SE and conclude Muslim are minority
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2022
patroit001:

SE
Do you remember to put into consideration the ratio of Muslim to christian iN those states as against what is obtainable in Nigeria?

Diversity is about inclusion, not population.

The reason governments do population count around the world is to determine how to scale social welfare programs by demography....births, age group, income, deaths and their changes up or down.

In Nigeria we use population wrongly. We intimidate, abuse and cheat with it. The govt never use it to budget programs for income brackets or to improve education funding by age brackets.

Im saying this so you will understand that population is a very important public policy just as diversity and inclusion is but the two are separate and should not be confused or used interchangeably. In fact they should not be mixed.

During a count people are asked to provide information about their faith. It is optional, not mandatory. A person can say I don't want to identify my faith. This is provisioned so to protect individuals from harrassment and attack. On the other hand, giving birth information and gender is required.

As I have said in earlier post, people have a right to thrive and live a dignified life. That right is promoted through inclusion.

If you review my earlier posts in this thread I mentioned in one of them that my original intent was to present this diversity map at the local level. That is, the grassroot level. I completed it as a draft and noticed its length would be impractical to post here so I recomposed it at State and Zonal level and brought here.

In review, I found even in NE zone where Muslim is overwhelmingly a majority there are Christians in their legislatures. Similarly in SS with overwhelmingly Christian faiths I found Muslims serving as legislators. SE is the only zone with zero face of Muslim.

SE has a very long lesson to learn. Muslims in that region need to thrive and have a sense of dignity about themselves. The governments of SE can do more and transform society.

I fear Christianization of society from a SE President more than I fear Islamization of Nigeria from a Muslim President from any zone.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Niwdog(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Now tell me why the VP slot should be given to a northern Christian given the small population of Christians in the north? Abi, it is about population grin grin grin grin
then why should a southern Muslim be given the president where Muslims are not upto 25percent
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by 688olufunke: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2022
If this is truly your perception or view then you shouldn't be in support of a MM ticket.Unless you're confused, and uncertain of the point you want to make.If this is truly your perception or view then you shouldn't be in support of a MM ticket.Unless you're confused, and uncertain of the point you want to make....
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by MetaPhysical: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2022
Antivirus92:
kai.....
all these blatant and clear lies just to justify the unjustifiable!
imagine the ratio of 3:1 of Christians to Muslims in South East, does south east sound like north east to you?

grin
Yorubas love communities that support their thrive and offer them dignity of purpose. So we do not choose Iboland when considering migrating out. This is not to say Yoruba are absent in Iboland. Those forced by requirements of civil service are working and living there. The tribes of SS do not migrate to SE either. Migrants into SE are typically Northerners and Muslims and is a trickle, not a flooding.

On the other hand, SE people migrate out in huge numbers and deplete number of Christians at home. While your numbers are going down, Muslim Northerners have increased significantly to close the wide gap.

Your migrants have also increased Christian population elsewhere and changed the demography. Infact, what attracted you to those places in the first place is the belief that inclusion exists, that you will thrive and there is dignity for you there.

The Muslims in SE are not enjoying inclusion, government is exclusively Christian, no representation for them.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Antivirus92(m): 8:20am On Jul 12, 2022
MetaPhysical:

grin
Yorubas love communities that support their thrive and offer them dignity of purpose. So we do not choose Iboland when considering migrating out. This is not to say Yoruba are absent in Iboland. Those forced by requirements of civil service are working and living there. The tribes of SS do not migrate to SE either. Migrants into SE are typically Northerners and Muslims and is a trickle, not a flooding.

On the other hand, SE people migrate out in huge numbers and deplete number of Christians at home. While your numbers are going down, Muslim Northerners have increased significantly to close the wide gap.

Your migrants have also increased Christian population elsewhere and changed the demography. Infact, what attracted you to those places in the first place is the belief that inclusion exists, that you will thrive and there is dignity for you there.

The Muslims in SE are not enjoying inclusion, government is exclusively Christian, no representation for them.
there are more Igbo people living in South East and South south than anywhere else in the world.
Igbos travel a lot but we still have more people at home than outside.

there are lots of Yorubas here doing many menial jobs, only few are into civil service
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Antivirus92(m): 8:28am On Jul 12, 2022
RealTalkNoBull:
Nigerian Christians are very intolerant. Ibos are the most intolerant group in Nigeria.
not only in Nigeria, everywhere round the globe,muslims are the least tolerant group of people
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Honjoshy4u: 8:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Codepain:

Forget that it all boils down to intolerance.
Osun has more Muslims than Christians. Yet voted Christian/Christian ticket

So is there religious tolerance in today Nigeria? Or are you typing from Pluto?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Simplythebest: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2022
My problem is that Tinubu couldn't practice Muslim / Muslim ticket in his lagos state but want to force it on Nigerians. What a pity
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2022
Kaduna Muslim/muslim?
So because both governors are muslims the state is now a muslim/muslim?
Nigeria hope una dey watch!.
Kd get christian population almost double that of the idoma tribe o.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by OfoIgbo: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2022
LegendHero:

Currently in the SW, you have 5 of the six governors as Christian which was why you have those numbers you see up there currently..

In 2011, 4 out of the six SW governors are Muslims. Even Mimiko back then could be said to be Muslim judging from his background coz his name is also Rahman. If you take that into consideration, you had 5 of the six SW states governors as Muslims back then.

@your last statement, I still believe Muslims are more in Nigeria but with a very small majority. Maybe 53/47 or 55/45. But Muslims have slight majority because if you look at the population of some of those low populated Northern states and you compare it to low population states in the South, the North usually have more numbers in comparison.

That’s my personal opinion tho, since there is no factual data with integrity to prove otherwise.

You also have to look at the deputy governor scores.
I suspect that when the SW produces more Muslim governors, the number of SW Christian deputy governors will increase.

And ignore the 419 voting population of the north. It is mainly packed full of millions of under-aged voters.
There is also huge disenfranchisement in the SE leading to millions of SE citizens not having the vote.

I believe Christians outnumber Muslims by a ratio of 55-45. Again this is an estimate not based on any official studies, as the census operations in Nigeria have also been replete with fraud.

1 Like

Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Omon605(m): 8:52am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:

Only those of them with no shame will continue campaigning against Muslim Muslim ticket after this post

There are no Muslims in those states, except in Edo state. I'm talking about indigenous Muslims not adopted or migrated Muslims
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:57am On Jul 12, 2022
Antivirus92:
there are more Igbo people living in South East and South south than anywhere else in the world.
Igbos travel a lot but we still have more people at home than outside.

there are lots of Yorubas here doing many menial jobs, only few are into civil service

Leave the maga abeg.

How do you know you have past kogi and now in enugu? Increase in population.

Have the op bein to onicha?

Akwa?

Gariki?

Emene?

Agbakpa?

Aba?

Newi?

Nsukka?

Afikpo?

Umahia?

Okigwe?

Orlu?

Anybody wey sey se no dey populated na jocker. Nigerians need to travel around the country its visa free.

Se is one of densely populated region in nigeria.

Ladipo,ladipo e nor reach onicha main maket!. Google map is your friend.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by excanny: 8:58am On Jul 12, 2022
ljoh:

Nigeria is a majority Christian country. It’s counterpart to what politicians want us to believe.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Owologbo(m): 9:04am On Jul 12, 2022
DMerciful:
I'm from Delta State
Are Muslims in Delta State up to 5%?
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Owologbo(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:

I'm a deltan and can tell you that Muslims are not up to 2% in Delta State.
Re: Muslim/Muslim Ticket: Religious Diversity Map By Zone. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2022
excanny:

Nigeria is a majority Christian country. It’s counterpart to what politicians want us to believe.

Just like what they are doing in KD.
Imagine that jocker saying that KD is muslim/muslim.

Give them time they go say plateu get up 20% muslims because of jos north.

Gombe is 60% christian forget wetin wikipedia tell you.. Dat wan na dogo turenci.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lesson From Tinubu's Failed Trip To Kano / Wahala!!! NISRAL Began Deducting Loan Automatically From Beneficiaries Account / Even PHCN Uses Generator!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.