Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years (46332 Views)

NDIC Calls On Depositors In 20 Liquidated Banks To Claim Their Money / Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar,pounds And Euro For Today,6th April 2020 / 1 Dollar Equals To 184 Naira Is This True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Wwwq: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Elshaddai
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by ModCaller: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
gimakon2:

Putin is the Worry and not US. You should spend time watching World affairs more ...

US is fueling that Ukraine crisis. US is doing what they do best. US is throwing money at Ukraine literally every month to look like the good Samaritan and keep market sentiment on the side of USD. It's all a long con. We're seeing some outcome of that con. Even encouraging and blackmailing EU countries to make decisions that can literally annihilate them economically. Until these European NATO nations realized that they're just tools in the toolbox of US, US will keep using them to pull long cons. USD was the first long con US pull off successfully on the whole wide world. Now this.

Fûcking backstabbing bastards!
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Elsueno: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
Buliwyf:

Lol. Look at someone wanting to cure ignorance. You don't even know what you are talking about. Maybe you should Google Agriculture in Europe to know. Europe produces more food than Africa. Their lands are even more productive and have better yield per hectare. Where do you ignoramuses crawl out from? The cattle produce more dairy products than Africans and that's why you import their cattle for milk production. They are far ahead of you in Agriculture. Why is Ukraine war affecting food in Africa if Europe was a barren wasteland? You people just spew gibberish behind keyboards because you know no one will laugh at you to your faces.

Even the coldest regions like Greenland still supported populations of people and they didn't starve to death in the time of the Vikings. Let alone today with all their technological advancements. Norway alone is responsible for all the stockfish or Okporoko people in Africa eat. The best wines in the world are from vineyards in France. You are just too ignorant. You need to grab a book to read. WatchDoGG is correct in his assessment of you.

Get your head out of Putin's ass and maybe you will see the world clearly. One common theme I notice is that Putin bots are usually the least informed in any conversation.
Bros, if I my, I promise, for d last time here, I think Europe should really be careful, u need lots of ferlizer, spare parts & metals to grow food & maintain farm machinery for dat HUGE production they are proud of...The EU should try avoid provoking countries that sell them those things cheaply..Namely China,India & Russiagrin grin lmao
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by abbey621(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
9gerian:
You ask whether people research but yourself regurgitate what the mainstream media has been feeding the public. Now they are trying to backtrack.

But now Europe is in dire straits. Their economy is tanking, and Ukrainians are dying. All because the US wants Russia out of the world power equation, which we can all see is not gonna happen. I guess all these are not enough to convince some people (like you) that this was a bad call. A very bad call most especially for Ukraine, the EU, and even the US citizens. Ukraine should have stayed neutral and reaped benefits from both the west and Russia as a buffer but prosperous zone. Guess what? That is what all these is gonna come to eventually, but with significant territories lost by Ukraine, except something close to a miracle happens.

So far, the only beneficiaries of this conflict are the US military industrial complex whose profits and stocks have gone over the roof, but at the expense of human lives and world peace. I mean what is the end game here, a nuclear war?

Now Russia is getting more battle toughened, mass producing and testing all its sophisticated weapons. And even making more money from rising energy costs while the world risks escalation of the conflict, and bankruptcies across several economies. But your only worry appears to be the nomenclature of whether it is Minsk 1 or 2 agreement.

This is the reason for my sarcasm about the EU leaders showing more solidarity to US interests even if it crumbles their economies as it is unfolding rather rapidly.

I feel so sorry for Ukraine that was goaded to call the bluff of Russia over empty promises of the west to defend it because it was and is still very clear that the US and NATO have no plans whatsoever to engage Russia militarily but only seek to weaken it through a proxy war, with Ukraine as bait.

Why should Ukraine be the grass for 2 well known elephants (US/NATO and Russia) to fight? Not smart imho.

I'm not here for your sentimental jargon, I only responded to your post about EU not asking Ukraine to respect the Minsk agreement. Every other thing is none of my business, I only corrected you on that aspect.....PEACE!
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by McLizbae: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
Is it not better then for the Naira to do nothing rather than to continue with its endless fall to nothingness?
freemi:
dollar didn't do anything euro only got weak.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
Buliwyf:

Lol. Look at someone wanting to cure ignorance. You don't even know what you are talking about. Maybe you should Google Agriculture in Europe to know. Europe produces more food than Africa. Their lands are even more productive and have better yield per hectare. Where do you ignoramuses crawl out from? The cattle produce more dairy products than Africans and that's why you import their cattle for milk production. They are far ahead of you in Agriculture. Why is Ukraine war affecting food in Africa if Europe was a barren wasteland? You people just spew gibberish behind keyboards because you know no one will laugh at you to your faces.

Even the coldest regions like Greenland still supported populations of people and they didn't starve to death in the time of the Vikings. Let alone today with all their technological advancements. Norway alone is responsible for all the stockfish or Okporoko people in Africa eat. The best wines in the world are from vineyards in France. You are just too ignorant. You need to grab a book to read. WatchDoGG is correct in his assessment of you.

Get your head out of Putin's ass and maybe you will see the world clearly. One common theme I notice is that Putin bots are usually the least informed in any conversation.
hahaha look at this slavish clown. Europe have more fertile soil than Africa? This one's head is empty. Most parts of Europe frozen with all green plants withered for majority of the year. Countries in the northern hemisphere go for months without seeing sunlight. I don't assume you know what photosynthesis is.
Seafords and orchards can't save people. Have you ever asked yourself why Scandinavians spent half of their lives looting, stealing and pillaging? Does that sound to you like the actions of people who can feed themselves?
Europeans were importing food from Asia, mostly India and Cathay(China) through the Arabs. The cost became unbearable for them which was why they entered the Atlantic ocean looking for a sea route to India. Everywhere else got to was mostly as result of them getting lost in the sea
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by freemi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
McLizbae:
Is it not better then for the Naira to do nothing rather than to continue with its endless fall to nothingness?
I thought w r talking Abt euro n dollar here?
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Buliwyf: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
Spirit04:
hahaha look at this slavish clown. Europe have more fertile soil than Africa? This one's head is empty. Most parts of Europe frozen with all green plants withered for majority of the year. Countries in the northern hemisphere go for months without seeing sunlight. I don't assume you know what photosynthesis is.
Seafords and orchards can't save people. Have you ever asked yourself why Scandinavians spent half of their lives looting, stealing and pillaging? Does that sound to you like the actions of people who can feed themselves?
Europeans were importing food from Asia, mostly India and Cathay(China) through the Arabs. The cost became unbearable for them which was why they entered the Atlantic ocean looking for a sea route to India. Everywhere else got to was mostly as result of them getting lost in the sea

This one is not only the king of morons he is also mentally challenged. Show me where I said anything about fertility of soil here. What kinds of idiots are online these days? We are talking about quantity of production and yield per hectare but you are too dumb to know the difference.

The Scandinavians that were looting, who were they looting from? Was it not other Europeans? What idiotic claims are these? Even when they settled did they settle in Africa or other parts of Europe? Have you forgotten about the Danelaw or you never heard of it. This one is a donkey.

Europe was not importing food from anywhere. What they were importing was mostly exotic spices through the silk road. There's no way other food produce could have survived the distance without rotten away. There have ways been farmers in Europe. That was what the feudal lords of medieval Europe depended on. Sometimes during invasions the defending army scorched all their lands so the invading army could not feed themselves from it. Only mainly during the Roman republic and some time after was Rome importing grain from Egypt because the able bodied men were more focused on war and pillaging other nations.

The mere fact that you are comparing the parts of Europe in the frozen north pole to the whole of Africa is all the proof I need to know you are stupid. That's like comparing the whole of Europe to the Sahara desert and saying "look everyone Africa is barren". You are obviously handicapped so I don't blame you.

Like I said google Agriculture in Europe now so you will stop making a monkey out of yourself in the future.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by compton11(m): 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
brosom:
get behind me agbado!!
what a dumbass nigga!
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Poleski: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
Dexterine94:
Less than a week Boris Johnson stepped down,
Euro finally equalled the dollar

Britain uses pounds.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by brosom(m): 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
compton11:
what a dumbass nigga!
u go chop agbado tire tongue. No say I no tell u tongue
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by compton11(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
brosom:
u go chop agbado tire tongue. No say I no tell u tongue
and u go wail tired
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Freelancerx: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
Someone should help our own currency too abi it cannot equal one Euro/Dollar? grin

Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by shantti(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
But I've been meaning to ask, what makes the euro to be the highest currency, is it that Europe exports more than other countries or what
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
grin angry life has balance
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by BBBricks: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
They told you to fear MR PUTIN, you no hear

How much is bread now?
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by BBBricks: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
Some even said US is now in recession

I don't know if it is true Sha

Omo this RUSSIA/UKRAINE no be moi moi
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Emmanuel909090: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
Too bad.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by hkidola00(m): 12:35am On Jul 13, 2022
HITsquad:
Europe was the center of power and modern civilization until their recent shameful dependence on Washington for almost everything. let the European community continue to be a Chess piece for the US.

In few decades EU will be relegated to the bottom of the Global food chain, way behind Eastern powers.

I'm just sad that my dear Africa is not taking advantage of this once in century opportunity.
no matter how Europe is down,Africa can't be on level with them,why?...simply we are in computer age,and thev got tech and science knowledge more than us...
You can u use a c++ to programme 2+2=4
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by bepositive11: 1:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Amen! I hope China and Russia never dominates. Those countries are f*cked up.

Jokerman:
US will keep dominating for many years to come.... its God's mandate
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by bepositive11: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2022
US has nothing to do with this. It's because of the war. You should blame Russia and Ukraine instead

HITsquad:
Europe was the center of power and modern civilization until their recent shameful dependence on Washington for almost everything. let the European community continue to be a Chess piece for the US.

In few decades EU will be relegated to the bottom of the Global food chain, way behind Eastern powers.

I'm just sad that my dear Africa is not taking advantage of this once in century opportunity.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by HITsquad: 1:56am On Jul 13, 2022
bepositive11:
US has nothing to do with this. It's because of the war. You should blame Russia and Ukraine instead

A war U.S led NATO played a huge part in making possible.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by gentlestdude(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2022
post=114656591:
Let us explain what this means to the layman out there,

While this news may sound good for the dollar,
it could also be a double-edged sword.

Why?  If the dollar becomes too strong, it could harm business for American companies because their goods may become more expensive for foreign buyers. 
And if sales of U.S. exports decrease, that could further slow down an already stalled U.S. economy. 

On the other hand, a strong dollar helps Americans who are traveling in Europe, giving them more buying power. 

We Rise!
paid urchin

Oya report with your nlpolicewoman moniker meh meh meh tongue tongue tongue

Ma ke kiri bi **** ileya
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Flairoqy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
Cmanforall:

I guess you mean Euro
My bad, euro I mean to say.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by bepositive11: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2022
Again, go and blame Russia and Ukraine. It was Ukraine that asked NATO for membership. And it was Russia that pushed Ukraine to ask NATO for membership.

What would you do if you were Ukraine and you felt threatened by Russia? Wouldn't you go and join NATO for security? Stop blaming U.S.

HITsquad:
A war U.S led NATO played a huge part in making possible.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by juman(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ukraine war is senseless.

Europe leaders follow those stupid american politicians like goat.
See result.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by juman(m): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
American dream.
Your American dream is under your feet pick it up.
Barrier between you and your american dream is laziness.
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
post=114656591:
Let us explain what this means to the layman out there,

While this news may sound good for the dollar,
it could also be a double-edged sword.

Why?  If the dollar becomes too strong, it could harm business for American companies because their goods may become more expensive for foreign buyers. 
And if sales of U.S. exports decrease, that could further slow down an already stalled U.S. economy. 

On the other hand, a strong dollar helps Americans who are traveling in Europe, giving them more buying power. 

We Rise!

U must be an Economist...I love ur break down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Danjunior36(m): 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
It was mind blowing after I made 1.1million in just 2 months with the help of my business coach . For individuals like me, don’t hesitate to get in contact with him . how I wish I knew him earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBGOT03nNg

https://instagram.com/b.coachalbert.j?igshid=ZDc0MTNkNmI=
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Trueprophet91: 5:35am On Jul 15, 2022
Buliwyf:

Let me give you an example. In Germany that some people are wishing will collapse because of Putin, they have instituted a 9-euro ticket per month for traveling round the country. That's like 5000 naira for going anywhere in a country for a whole month. Food is still cheaper in Germany than in Nigeria right now. I can give you one to one comparison in price.

All the Putin loving Nigerians worrying about Europe should just worry about themselves. Europe will be fine. They have the brain and resources to take care of themselves if they decide to. And no matter how bad it gets it will still be 10 times better than Nigeria.

Guy did you just hear that your Germany is planning on falling back to wood and coal for heating?
This is going to be fun, winter is close! grin

I knew we were gonna revisit this conversation, just didn't know it's this soon.

My eyes are seeing and my ears are hearing
Re: Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years by Buliwyf: 5:42am On Jul 15, 2022
Trueprophet91:

Guy did you just hear that your Germany is planning on falling back to wood and coal for heating?
This is going to be fun, winter is close! grin

I knew we were gonna revisit this conversation, just didn't know it's this soon.

My eyes are seeing and my ears are hearing

Of course that is a smart plan. They have coal in abundance and they have wood too. If not for stupid self-righteous climate policies they should be using their coal and not have been so dependent on Russia in the first place. Like I told you Russian bots, Europe will be fine. You guys should worry about yourselves. They will still be better off than you 10 times.
Do you know that after this year most LNG suppliers would have ramped up their supplies so next year will be way better for Europe in terms of energy. That's why Putin needs to use all his leverage now because he knows that next year he won't have so much leverage.
Germany is now exploring fracking in their own land. The same fracking they have been rejecting due to their climate policies. They are now planning to start development of their offshore gas reserves.

Like I said, Europe will be fine. Worry about yourselves. They have everything it takes. This is just a little bump on the road. By next year you will see a big difference. Worry about yourselves. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drop All Ur Paypal Acct Related Issues/Queries In Here & Get It Solved/Answered / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" / Cash Swap: Nigerians React Over CBN Fresh Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.