Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,470 members, 7,836,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor (25806 Views)

In Lagos, Obi Got 900k Votes, APC Got 160k Votes – Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (Video) / Isoko Community Vows To Banish Anyone Who Votes For APC / Moses Mwarga Aji: Any Benue Indigene Who Votes For Buhari In 2019 Will Be Cursed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by harmargedon: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
LegendHero:
But any Christian that vote PDP Atiku helped the Church?

What I don't understand is that you guys would still never vote Tinubu even if he picks the pope as his vice. Why then are you bitter about all these things and evoking religious sentiment to hide your innate animosity towards him.

---Tinubu was the first governor to hand over missionary schools back to the christians even when fellow muslims revolted against him.

---Tinubu donated 75million to catholic injured and victime families in Owo during the unfortunate incident by terrorists.

This is now where the hypocrisy is very evident:
--In 1979, Awolowo ran a christian-christian ticket and the Yoruba Muslims & Christians ALL voted him by 90%

--In same 1979, Zik ran a Christian-Christian ticket, the Igbos all voted him by at least 75% of the votes.

If they support that kind of ticket then, what authority do you have to dictate some kind of moral superiority this time?

It is very simple, any Christian that feels what Tinubu did is wrong, they should just vote Obi or Atiku. But all these cries and blackmail will be counterproductive in the end.
it's not Tinubu we are worried about, it's whom it may concern (northerners). The southwest has a greater religious tolerance than any other tribe, but we can't guarantee that the North wouldn't hijack the movement.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Billygee2u: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by LegendHero(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Mrfixitt:
Peter Obi is your next president. A billion of you urchins or your Druggie master can't stop him

If wishes were horses, beggars will ride.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Ddokie: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
ghettokid1:
Like for obi
share for Atiku, Tinubu and kwankwaso combine

You combine 3 of them? you no well i swear.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by allicare: 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
Fake man of God. God has already left most Nigeria pastors because they are wolves in sheep clothing. All the so called man of god (pls note the small g pls) be disgraced as Tunubu will triumph over this evil charlatans. I am yoruba & a christian by faith and by God grace my vote and many Christians like me will vote for Tunubu because of his antecedents as governor of Lagos state.
Can these idiots show, prove or index any of Jagaban policies to Islamic faith as governor
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Ddokie: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
See how they are dividing Nigeria

The politicians and the pastors are together in making Nigeria ungovernable and creating intolerance.

There is nothing wrong in muslim Muslim, what matters is competence.

Anyway, those who accuse others of being ethnic bigots, they themselves are religious bigot.

Many Nigerians can't stand a Muslim but then want us to stand their tribe.

The bigots that insisted that they will only vote tinubu if he picked a muslim are not dividing the country?

How many years does any of us have left in this world sef. We all will soon stand in front of the impartial judge to answer for our actions in this life. When that time comes, we will know the people that have been on the path of justice and truth, no be all this one we dey do here.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
LegalWolf:

You are conflating issues. You insinuated that Sharia judges have been mixed with secular judges, even to the point that sharia judges are heading the judiciary. This is the crux of your argument I am responding to. Don’t mix up the point, please.

See bro, on ur second point, I share your sentiments. Sharia criminal law was imported for political purposes. We all know that it is not enforced against the rich and mighty (of course, just like the secular law as well). But the point still remains: if you are a Non- Muslim, the Sharia criminal code does not apply to you. So I think it is a matter of you crying more than the bereaved in the circumstance

Trust me there was no sharia at all in the North in the 70s we had a penal code which contained elements of sharia which was already in place in customary courts. What we are seeing here in the North is political sharia. I don't have any issues against judges versed in Sharia because they were used in customary courts in the North, but let us be factual what is practiced in the North is just for political expediency nothing more.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by GoldenstateChel: 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
Blaqputin:
Oga pastor leave politics, pray for the country, that's ur job
which prayers,all d prayer that u have been praying still yet nothing change

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by GoldenstateChel: 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

The politicians and the pastors are together in making Nigeria ungovernable and creating intolerance.

Anyway, those who accuse others of being ethnic bigots, they themselves are religious bigot.

will u say d same if d ruling party in Nigeria, bring Christian Christian tickets or traditional traditional as president and vp,u Muslim would have start burning d country down and calling for jihad, that how ur fate pple kill a girl, instead of u guys to condemn but u guy justified it and start protesting and support d killing.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by omohayek: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Joysammy:
Where is that statement written in the scripture Sir? I guessed you have finished the money Osinbajo gave you and in stead of being a beggar, decided to air your brainless view...
The bishop is clearly a bigoted dimwit, but you too reveal yourself to be one, by baselessly insinuating Osinbajo had anything to do with the bishop's inflammatory remarks. You can't have it both ways - you can't criticise the bishop for acting as if all Muslims are jihadists who have it in for Christians, while at the same time talking as if Christians are all part of some big anti-Muslim plot.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by kennyniyi: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Evidenx:
Even if the devil himself comes out from hell to tell me to vote Blind BATIMAEUS(TINUBU) vote the custom thief(ATIKU) I WILL NEVER OBEY.

FULLY OBI-DIENT FOR A YOUNGER GENERATION AND A BETTER NIGERIA.
Dey deceive yourself
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by LocalMan2(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2022
Not that we can't stand you people, your teaching is centered on violence. You people are terrorist. You walk with guns and knives why will walk with Bible and Rosary that's the difference.

thebosstrevor1:

Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by basseeafricana: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Basic123:
This is politics.Did Christians dominated Southsouth and southeast vote pastor osinbajo in 2015 and 2019?,so they want to use a fast one on you to support their own.Benefit follows ethnic line not religion. You are a yoruba man first. Even if Tinubu is a Christian southeast will never vote for him,so why must you fall for their religion propaganda?Did they vote for Awolowo, infact they hate Awolowo with passion. Did they vote for Olu falae, a Christian?.This is where we yorubas need to use our brain .seriously.The same set of people that could curb the Igbos when they stopped pastor Kumuyi to come for crusade few months ago.Hiding behind religion to promote ethnic agenda.Advanced bigotry.
Whether Tinubu picks Christian or Muslim, Igbo will not vote him. Why crying today. One must win an election before he/she plans for good governance. How is going to win if he picks northern Christian minority and all of us know that Hausas are very conservative. They are not like Southerners. Igbos and their supporters should continue crying till eternity, Obi is going nowhere. Hausa will never voted Igbo to power, because if they do so, it means they are dead. Hausa will not even try it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Sholaco: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
What has your church or so called body of Christ done for members? All you all care about is your pockets and your families. You are not Christ like! You build school, the poor members can not enrolled their children into the school, you bought private jets and children of the poor can't board this plane. No children of the poor or the less privilege can knock at the door of your house and you will open for them to come in. Hypocrites everywhere
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Owologbo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Everything is wrong with Muslim Muslim ticket. Is Nigeria a Muslim country?
If not for rigging that the APC so much believe, will they even think Muslim Muslim ticket let alone project it?
why didn't they try this Muslim Muslim shit when they were in the opposition?
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
Owologbo:

Everything is wrong with Muslim Muslim ticket. Is Nigeria a Muslim country?
If not for rigging that the APC so much believe, will they even think Muslim Muslim ticket let alone project it?
why didn't they try this Muslim Muslim shit when they were in the opposition?

Why focus on their religion.

Why don't you focus on what they can offer.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by teeboy100(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
ghettokid1:
all Christians should go for Obi

So if all Christians vote P. Obi, how do you expect him to win when the population of Muslims is greater than Christians?
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
kilonshele101:
Religious leaders fanning religious tension yet blame it on politicians
The country will burn on their heads
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Talkizcheap: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
God punish u sir
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by freshpzy1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
ghettokid1:
all Christians should go for Obi

OBI is not really contesting

he is just testing his popularity

he is a future predident material {1000yards}

but not in 2023

cheesy
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by asspen8: 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
The killings of Christian all over the country is not enough proof for you right.....what have your so called politicians done about it, killings here and there, nobody has been brought to book,no justice yet and you expect the Same Christian to vote against their Faith....... *IMPOSSIBLE*
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Prozico22(m): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2022
deeva2:

Keep deceiving urself.. I'm RCCG member..I,My wife and siblings go still vote Tinubu
MINUS YOU
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by toplinetrtrend: 12:21am On Jul 13, 2022
babaolofin:

Before God and man, this is a social media, if he had mentioned religion as a basis, we would have looked at it the other way. He said Tinubu betrayed Jonathan. He said Yorubas are betrayals. I told him Yoruba fought for Jonathan to become President and there was no pact between Jonathan and Tinubu. Months later, when Tinubu was having problem about consensus candidacy, they were so excited. They celebrated the Consensus chairmanship of Adamu.

Since on Sunday night, I have received several fake boko haram attacks information on my whatsapp which they said just happened in Borno. Why would pastors be sending propaganda messages because of a Muslim candidate? That is not what Christ taught his Church.

It shows all they are doing is because of bitterness and hatred for Tinubu. You said Buhari is a Muslim, the next president should be a Christian. Is Atiku a Christian? Is that how it is done in US or Europe or Ghana or in any West African State? At UN, AU and ECOWAS, they don't use religion as basis for Commission appointment. Each country only forwards candidate to take their slot.

In IBO land, how many state have Muslim as deputy governor? It is only in South West we have Muslim population in the South, you cannot use religion and political orientation in South West to impose your choice on the type of VP to be chosen by a South West Presidential candidate.

Oga, don't bring state government into this. Tinubu isn't contesting for governorship. So, your comparison is meaningless.

All the things you wrote up there still didn't remove the fact that the APC is an insensitive party. Your rule of insensitivity had been the order of the day since you snatched power by deceit in 2015.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by Owologbo(m): 5:10am On Jul 13, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Why focus on their religion.

Why don't you focus on what they can offer.

This is lame.
Do you mean there are no competent Christian in the north?
And don't tell me there are no popular Christian politicians in the north because, Osibanjo was not popular before he was picked as a VP.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by GoodIsGod: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2022
LegendHero:
But any Christian that vote PDP Atiku helped the Church?

What I don't understand is that you guys would still never vote Tinubu even if he picks the pope as his vice. Why then are you bitter about all these things and evoking religious sentiment to hide your innate animosity towards him.

---Tinubu was the first governor to hand over missionary schools back to the christians even when fellow muslims revolted against him.

---Tinubu donated 75million to catholic injured and victime families in Owo during the unfortunate incident by terrorists.

This is now where the hypocrisy is very evident:
--In 1979, Awolowo ran a christian-christian ticket and the Yoruba Muslims & Christians ALL voted him by 90%

--In same 1979, Zik ran a Christian-Christian ticket, the Igbos all voted him by at least 75% of the votes.

If they support that kind of ticket then, what authority do you have to dictate some kind of moral superiority this time?

It is very simple, any Christian that feels what Tinubu did is wrong, they should just vote Obi or Atiku. But all these cries and blackmail will be counterproductive in the end.

Yen yen yen

Tinubu this and dat.

You talked about Awolowo and Zik of 1979 but failed to mention Shagari of 1979. Was his deputy a Christian? You are desperate to make a point by talking jargons.
All the Tribes of the nation at that time did the same thing and no one objected it because Nigeria was not in a chaotic state as it is now.
The economy was good and there were no Jihadist killings.

I wonder how old you were then or wether you were even born then. Telling a story you know nothing or little about.

Tinubu gave 75miliion to Owo church. Do you think he did that out of love or for his desperate ambitions?
Was it Owo alone he had donated to? The desperate man has been traveling upadan the country dolling out money to unreasonable courses all because, Èmi Lokan.

Who begged him for money. Christians don't need such monies. All we need is peace and right to life. You can't be killing us and be giving us money. When he gave the money how many of the killed worshippers rose up from the dead?
Nonsense!
Is it not his brothers from the North that perpetrated the evil?
Now he has gone to pick one of them to deputize him again. Are you saying there are no Christian Hausas? Even if the deputy must be from the north.

Why is the lives of Muslims full of hypocrisy?
The other day MURIC was saying Yoruba Muslims will not vote for any Christian Presidential candidate. All because Osinbajo was in the race and the foolish Islamic professor taught Osinbajo might likely win the primaries.
Now that a Muslim has been picked for the presidency and another Muslim picked to debutize, has anyone heard from MURIC to go against such? He will not. The same spirit that makes him to fight for hijab in a Catholic school won't allow him to go against a Muslim/Muslim ticket.
The Spirit of oppression that is troubling him will not make him talk. Like him, I see many Muslims saying there is nothing wrong in a Muslim/Muslim ticket. Just imagine!

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Tinubu giving Ọwọ church money is stupidity brought about by desperation. No Christian should vote for him.

The church doesn't need blood money.

Give us a country that all citizens will be free and free indeed. A country where a certain religion or tribe would not enslave, oppress or kill and maime others.

I will rather waste my vote on Peter Obi than vote a group of blood sucking Jihadists.
At least I would have cleared my conscience even if Obi loses.

Nonsense.

Mind you I am a yoruba like Tinubu. A God fearing Yoruba man not a desperate bias evil minded son of Oduduwa.
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by mhmsadyq(m): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2022
tkgindofa:

Stop bringing/comparing 1979 situation with 2022; today everyone and everything is on religion line of divide, and inversely proportional to 1979, when all is done base on merit not sentiment.

In 1979, we just came out of a civil War.

Why was there a civil War?
Re: Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor by mhmsadyq(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2022
Owologbo:

This is lame.
Do you mean there are no competent Christian in the north?
And don't tell me there are no popular Christian politicians in the north because, Osibanjo was not popular before he was picked as a VP.

You don't know the north.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: More Labor Party Candidates In Lagos (Photos) / Chinua Achebe Lying In State In Awka (Picture) / The Struggle For Mace In Edo House Of Assembly (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.