Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria (16586 Views)

Leadership Deficit Nigeria’s Greatest Undoing – Obi / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by samlestic(m): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2022
churchill3:
I don't know why Nigerians find it hard embracing solar electricity. I installed my 3.5kva famicare with 4*200mah batteries and 8*260w mono panels since 2018. I disconnected nepa light into my building. I hardly put on generator and when I do during rainy reason it doesn't last over 5mins just to recharge. Imagine having 24hrs electricity for 4yrs including pumping of water from bohrhole, using 1hp inverter Ac and two thermacool inverter freezers plus 5plasma TV sets.

How much can these cost now?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by jerobua: 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2022
Either On-grid or off-grid solar inverter electricity is not the solution to the power problem we have in Nigeria, Solar has some limitations and it depends on sunlight, Solar power is suppose to be a backup and not a main source of power, How will you power your AC, HEATER, FREEZERS at NIGHT when there is no sunlight or Rainy days. If you run these heavy loads on heavy duty inverter and battery backup, I bet you, your battery will not last 6month lifespan.
Just like someone said why is it that our leaders are using MANTRAC, MIKANO etc. The reason is because of its limitations.
The solution is for our government to fix the current power problems we are facing in these country with our rich resources.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Ykc2(m): 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2022
Eniitankorede:

You are complete ignoramus. Geratat here!!!
akpa amu

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by akaypary442(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2022
Oshodipikin:
We only pay for darkness in Nigeria. Successive Nigerian government have embezzled billions of dollars in an attempt to fix NEPA. Liyel Imoke faced the NASS public hearing committee and told us how they shared the $16B NIPP money, today he is a free man.

Farouk Lawan committee was asked to investigate fraudulent oil marketers who have been collecting subsidies on imported breeze, he went behind to collect bribe. Today, he is in Kuje, the smart marketers all are globetrotting on free money with their children. Smart people.

Someone imported 70 millions litres, with the help of ogas at the top at NNPC, he collect subsidy on 100m litres, his papers vetted by fraudulent inspectors and voom they collect their raba. Half of the actual 70m is taking through cotonou & Niger borders, to be sold at exorbitant prices. Nice neighbour huuh? After all, we are African giant & big brother.

The current animal in power promised to fix NEPA in 4 years, 7 years down the lane, he is still confused on how to start... As at today, Nigerians are the only people who pay monthly charges for darkness consumed. I lost count of the number of times the national electricity grid has collapsed under the current ineffective buffoons.

Other nations may have experienced natural disasters in the form of earthquakes, hurricane sandy etc, our own natural disaster is nothing but leadership.

Those who destroyed yesterday, embezzle today are already queuing up to run for political positions in 2023. Their children, raised in highbrow mansions abroad, who attended ivy colleges on the back of our stolen common patrimony while ASUU ciris linger are coming back to take their parents positions.

Naija is a ticking time bomb aswear...
Oil dey your head sir!!!
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Tundex911: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2022
Wahala no fel finish for this nation
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Achilles881: 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2022
Raxxye:
The installation must be really expensive o!

A barber had to pay 5000 naira every week for over 2 years to own the installation.

That's over 500,000 naira!

But a barber spends more than #5000 on generator fuel and maintainance
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by iamrealdeji(m): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2022
Equation89:

Lagos is not the only place that can generate that amount daily.

My shop is situated in a semi-town that linked both Abia state, akwa ibom state and Rivers state together.

When you are opening a business, a lot of factors need to be considered.

If you don't have any contribution to make as regard the solar system packages I want to inquire about. I think you should check next post.
I will tell you what I know about solar. But tell me the name of your town,people don't really use generator and solar,how remote the town is and how big your charging box is or maybe its a shop you dedicate for charging. How do you manage to charge 200 phones per day. I know Ihnobmen for their business acumen anyway. Answer my questions and I will give you my own advise
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Wwwq: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2022
Oh
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by seaenergy: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2022
BrandSpurNG:

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/07/14/solar-panel-demand-booms-in-power-deficit-nigeria/

The only solution for your stable and abundant light in Nigeria as a Nigeria is zero emission power plant(ZEPP) and only solution for your petrol is zero emission vehicle (ZEV) how much light can you use with solar?

East-wind energy ltd is here for your light solution.

East-wind Energy power plant is solution to your electricity light off, through ZEPP and ZEV

East-wind energy; ZEPP producing company, we produce pure generators that are powered by itself generated electricity, Zero emission power plant ZEPP. The generator doesn’t require anything as gas to power. We produced from 10KW/h to any capacity customer needed even if it is 10000 MW and above. We are here to save Nigerians especially manufacturing companies who have been suffering unstoppable electricity failure in Nigeria. As for your electricity generator count us number one when making arrangements to install energy electricity generator, as our product is better than solar and best for all, 100 times better than solar, best of environmental friendly and the cost is cheaper than solar installation.

Are You Tired of Buying Fuel/Gas to Power your Combustion engine because of unstable power?
Are You Tired Of Power Outbreaks?

Are you open to new alternative to your electricity power off and on? As a manufacturing company do you wish to wait forever for Electricity Company to restore light before you start work?

As a network company, how long do you intend to continue buying gas to power your mast because of light off?

With our free gas generator; you have 24/7 electricity without waiting for the sun to shine as to compare solar, Use all your electrical appliances to the fullest until electricity company restore light even if it takes them 1 year to restore light, really better than solar.

Contact us Email: cleanenergyelectricity@gmail.com,
https://www.facebook.com/ZeroemissionpowerplantandvehicleZEPPandZEV
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Halo22: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2022
No doubt, Solar and other green energy consumption is the way to go for Nigerians at this point. If it can be done in a communal way like the transformer method, I think it will help better.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by seaenergy: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2022
jerobua:
Either On-grid or off-grid solar inverter electricity is not the solution to the power problem we have in Nigeria, Solar has some limitations and it depends on sunlight, Solar power is suppose to be a backup and not a main source of power, How will you power your AC, HEATER, FREEZERS at NIGHT when there is no sunlight or Rainy days. If you run these heavy loads on heavy duty inverter and battery backup, I bet you, your battery will not last 6month lifespan.
Just like someone said why is it that our leaders are using MANTRAC, MIKANO etc. The reason is because of its limitations.
The solution is for our government to fix the current power problems we are facing in these country with our rich resources.

The only solution for your stable and abundant light in Nigeria as a Nigeria is zero emission power plant(ZEPP) and only solution for your petrol is zero emission vehicle (ZEV) how much light can you use with solar?
Contact us Email: cleanenergyelectricity@gmail.com,
https://www.facebook.com/ZeroemissionpowerplantandvehicleZEPPandZEV
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by ceaser: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2022
Ykc2:
If solar is the ultimate in nigeria dangote ,tinubu plus criminal ex governors won't be using mikano generator

Agreed that to run very large factories like Dangote cement, there will still be dependance on fossil fuel.

But madness and foolishness is having money like Tinubu has and still running diesel generator to power my home.

You can power basic home appliances comfortably with solar, all you need is the desire and of course the money and still manage to connect one or two neighbours to use basic lightings in their own apartment. Four deep freezers, refridgerator, sitting room appliances, automated sliding gate opener, water fountain feature, kitchen appliances etc are just a few of appliances powered by solar in my home. And I don't have a single Nepa wire into the home.

See this link to a hotel that is about to be powered by solar.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/1205#114787555
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by ceaser: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2022
Equation89:
I want more clarification on this solar installation.

I have a phone accessories shop very close to my house and I equally charges phones too and the number of phones that comes to my shop daily is more than 200 and batteries more than 50 daily.

In a month, I spend close to 30k for fuel, oil and generator maintenance.

Now am considering installing solar that can comfortably power my shop in the day and house at night.

Please what package can I install that can comfortably power my shop and house

NnamdiN:
I need free consultation wink how do I calculate what I need to power everything in my house?

PS. I'll be importing them myself angry

Giving you this for free. Visit this nairaland thread to learn it all by yourself.

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by NnamdiN: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2022
ceaser:

Giving you this for free. Visit this nairaland thread to learn it all by yourself.

Jah bless you
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by divinebitshop: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2022
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by divinebitshop: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by ufondunenye(f): 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2022
A
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Cromagnon: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2022
jimetagambo:
Nigerians are going green energy and helping to save the environment by going solar.
green energy does not save the planet. Batteries are dirty as they require high energy input to produce
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2022
Equation89:
I want more clarification on this solar installation.

I have a phone accessories shop very close to my house and I equally charges phones too and the number of phones that comes to my shop daily is more than 200 and batteries more than 50 daily.

In a month, I spend close to 30k for fuel, oil and generator maintenance.

Now am considering installing solar that can comfortably power my shop in the day and house at night.

Please what package can I install that can comfortably power my shop and house
i would give you a projected estimate. (am just trying to kind of bookmark your comment)
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Equation89(m): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
Obnoxious2001:

i would give you a projected estimate. (am just trying to kind of bookmark your comment)

Thank you. Am waiting
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by micaluk: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2022
why don't we have solar cars�
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Reflect7: 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2022
aAK1:
Unfortunately we will still make china rich. We will not learn to manufacture

'WE'? Leave ''we'' out of it. TALK ABOUT YOU. Why can't YOU go into manufacturing of solar panels?

Nation of finger pointers, expecting OTHERS to create a 'Dubai' and 'Tokyo' for you, while you sit on your fat asss.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by aAK1(m): 12:03am On Jul 17, 2022
Reflect7:

'WE'? Leave ''we'' out of it. TALK ABOUT YOU. Why can't YOU go into manufacturing of solar panels?

Nation of finger pointers, expecting OTHERS to create a 'Dubai' and 'Tokyo' for you, while you sit on your fat asss.

I don’t have to. I am already solving a national problem in my area of expertise. What are you doing?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by Rostikol: 12:24am On Jul 17, 2022
aAK1:
I don’t have to. I am already solving a national problem in my area of expertise.

And other Nigerians are not solving problems in their respective areas of expertise? Arrogant turd.

You can still move into solar manufacturing. After all Dangote and Innoson among others are into the manufacture of multiple items.

Why do just one thing and start pointing your dirty finger at Nigerians?

What are you doing?

None of your fu.c.king business.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by chrisatah94: 12:25am On Jul 17, 2022
highoctane:
At Greenify we craft things beautifully.
Start Small
Own a peace of mind from 350k.

What package can 350k Install?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by highoctane: 6:14am On Jul 17, 2022
chrisatah94:

What package can 350k Install?
Send a Whatsapp to the number given with single note.
What package can 350k install?.
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by oldienavie: 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
zeestone99:
Call us for affordable solar power installation.

We also sell inverters,solar panels, batteries etc.

Call/chat - 08117398294 to order now
Bros, how was market today ?
Hope it was fine ?
Please do you have 30amp mppt solar charge controller ?

How much ?
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by ceaser: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
jerobua:

Sir, you can comfortably run those things you mentioned on solar. The limitation is usially funds. If you have enough money to get systems that handle those loads, you can run them overnight. There are batteries that have been designed to last 10 years or more. And battery technology is advancing everyday.

As per solar being best as back up, I agree with you partially. In the current Nigeria system, small households with modest appliance should be encouraged to go green and the way the government can do this is to give interest free loans to household that intend to tow that part, payable over the course of 20 years. With 200k, households can get modest systems that powers their TV, lighting, Decoder and mobile phone charging.

The main grid should then be reserved for industrial and factory services until such time that the government has been able to add more power to the grid, then they can begin to add households that have interest in hooking up to the grid in addition to their solar back up.

In Europe and the US, households that have solar and generate excess of unused solar energy are encouraged to join a program that feeds that excess back into the municipal power supply (like the national grid in Nigeria) and those families either get paid for putting power into the grid or they get tax returns to a specified amount based on how much energy they put into the grid.

If you decide to buy electric vehicle, there is a subsidy of almost 10,000 usd from the government that you are entitled to. So you get to buy the car at discounted price. There are also some number of free kilowatts charging that you are entitled to before you begin to pay for charging.

These are ways to encourage adoption of alternative energy and reduce the pressure on national grids.

1 Like

Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by crazymommy(f): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:
I'll be going solar soon.

Says the broke bastard of a worthless father and the shamess prostitute of a mother...
Re: Solar Panel Demand Booms In Power-deficit Nigeria by gevans(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
jimetagambo:
Nigerians are going green energy and helping to save the environment by going solar.
Solar batteries are very expensive now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Southwest Afenifere Youths Promise Peter Obi 5 Million Votes / Fubara To Get Ambode Treatment, Wike Determined To Remove Him – Primate Ayodele / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers, 30 Go Missing In Yobe Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.